Teledyne Employee Reviews

I loved the people I worked with
IT Service Technician level two (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 14, 2017
I took calls all day and the people I helped were pleasant. The hard part about my job was I was there for the people and sometimes that took longer than my manager understood. I was appreciated by those I helped but ultimately that did not matter the positions where moved out of state and I was left without a job. I worked hard to improve myself I was there on time. I even tried to get a degree and was doing quite well. The business just went a different direction.
Pros
good benefits, long lunch, Pto, and free food every once and a while
Cons
I was not part of the plan to move the business
Excellent Place to work.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk Technician Level III (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 13, 2017
I only had the pleasure of working at Teledyne for 2 1/2 short years. The people made me feel welcome . It was easy to make friends. They were very helpful when I needed their support.. This allow me to give them the best computer support I had to offer..
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
No cons...
Professional & challenging
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 8, 2017
Very professional and challenging. Workplace culture is focused on working very hard, being on top of your game, managing multiple projects at one time, highly regulated, making sure integrity stays intact and being ethical. You were held accountable for the accuracy of your work and always were required to substantiate what you did because it was subject to government audits. Highly, highly, highly, highly collaborative, it was a must because the work product was very complex. The business units ran rather autonomously, which complicated reporting and data gathering due to not being centralized in one location. As well, they ran on streamline budgets at Corporate and your workload was unbelievably busy because they did not have enough staffing for everything that needed to get done.
Pros
Great learning experience, excellent pay
Cons
Difficult to take time off
great place
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Poway, CA 92064November 3, 2017
this Is a fun place to work.. interact with a lot of people.. everything is like family . help each other out . managers are good. co worker are great,, I like working here.
Pros
great co-worker.
Good company, good people
IT Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 1, 2017
Good company to work for. They offer good pay and benefits. Work hours are standard. Good people to work with. Job security for this division are on the shaky side due to current gas prices
Great employees but way over stressed in my department
Buyer/Planner 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Daily work (which ideally was simple yet extensive) had to be pushed aside constantly to support corporate sales goals. Poor planning during a new production acquisition overloaded the procurement team among other departments and management.
However, my manager was the best I've had for numerous reasons including non micro-managing and very understanding for my personal life occurrences.

Good company to work for, I just was with them at the wrong time in my life.
Pros
Company events, lunches, relaxed environment mostly, benifits
Cons
Stress level increased passed my personal allowance.
this was a temp position
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYOctober 29, 2017
made cold calls, to invited to trade show booth, managemeant was able to answer question you made have. Hardest part was calling and geting may no on the call. Enjoy making calls and talk about the trade show that was atending.
part of sucking sound of jobs going south due to free trade agreement with Mexico
Lead Technician/2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2017
Teledyne relays purchased a small electronics firm called Gentron.
We were happy to be part of this large company and were made to feel secure about our jobs.
Then one day it was announced that they were moving the operation to Mexico.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
Dishonest management.
Old Fashioned Co and Slow to Change
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 22, 2017
There are very few opportunities for career growth, raises, or change. Management will often overlook experience and expertise in the field. You will be asked to do many tasks that do not fall under your job title for no compensation or job title change. I routed calls all over the plant, but I was not hired to be a receptionist. This company is male dominated that moves very slowly on all decisions, and has not been a good environment for younger professional women.
Slow to develop promised improved job training program. Employees did job training and a lot was left out of the training, This company is slow to implement new industry advances. There was a lot of promises that went unfulfilled on job advancements such as better training program for new associates. Instead this company relies on it's employees to do the training for new hires. Management was very manipulative and would say one thing and do another.
Ridiculous rules about using vacation time. Company forced some employees to use accumulated vac on the pretext that it was only fair if they worked the skeleton crew for holiday shut-down. 2 Sets of Rules at this company depending on your stature.
Pros
Good Product Training
Cons
Job Training was bad, Unpaid Plant Shut-downs, Unpaid meetings on lunch hr, Poor Management, Managers are manipulators, Useless HR Dept (use ethics line), CS Reps/CFS unprofessional, catty, instigators
Nice personnel, nice company
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 22, 2017
I'm not going to provide a review of Teledyne. If a person is job-hunting, they are seeking a better job and / or higher salary and that is the case here for me
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Since this is public, I won't list any cons
Stessful place to work - overworked
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 20, 2017
The manager was the worst I ever had in 40 years. Everyone is overworked. They won't hire more people as business increased. Top management does not know how to direct the direction of the company.
Statements of concern
Employee (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 18, 2017
If you are good at what you do, and an opportunity presents itself, you cannot advance. They(management) want you right where you are. If you are a temp. employee with the intention of going full time, management (corporate) waits 6 to 12 months before they start processing paper work to hire full time. If you want to take educational courses, or seminars, management is excellent about approving requests, as long as the subject matter relates to your work, which is common. If you think your going to get a good, and fair wage increase, and you have excellent attendance, and your productivity is consistently in excess of 90%. Think again, your not. If your insurance rate goes up to 1.5%, if you are lucky, you will receive a wage increase of 1.5%. So the longer you stay there, the less you will earn. This is a revolving door! This company seriously lacks employee retention.
Pros
good benefits, good shop employees
Cons
see review
I really enjoyed my job at Teledyne abc stil be there if the plant had not closed
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grant AlOctober 13, 2017
This was a great place to work far to people. Good vacation benefits. I was a little disappointed on the ins the last couple of years but loved being s lab tech. I always liked learning new things and being a part of shay would make the company grow My Metallurgical experiences were very interesting
Great company to work for
Contracts and Business Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 10, 2017
Teledyne Controls is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies, Inc. and a dynamic commercial aerospace company that punches above its weight.

There has been rapid and sustained organic growth over 7+ years and it was a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
Innovative products, established business ties, relaxed corporate culture
Cons
Lack of advancement for non technical positions
Typical Day
High Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 8, 2017
Go in, start working, have certain items that were due at the end of the month are now due that week. Get Stressed but still get the work done, go home.

Repeat
Pros
Free Lunches
Great Place to work
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAOctober 4, 2017
Good environment and products and management team. Fun environment yet fast paced and friendly competition. The company relocated to the east coast and I stayed on the west coast.
Old Company
Cost Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 30, 2017
Things were slow. You could figure out the job quickly and do your work by yourself most of the days. Not much room for advancement and trying to get out of your lane is frowned upon.
Great working environment
AEROSPACE DIVISION ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2017
Great working environment and centrally located facilities. Every employee is welcoming and ready to help in any way they can in order to get the job done. Management is always open and available.
Great Place
Test Engineering Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Truly a good company. The average employee there had been employed for 15 years. Very low turnover. Quality work and good management. Good family atmosphere
Good company to work with
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2017
The company is very stable and a nice place to work. Employees are friendly and management are fair in the treatment of their employees. I implemented the AS9102 for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teledyne. Our community is ready to answer.