Teledyne Employee Reviews in United States

Diverse company with several Educational levels.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 3, 2016
As a production planner I would schedule all components made in our high pace machine shop. I would also work quickly and accurately within multiple computer systems and with my co-workers. One of my biggest responsibilities was to balance a diverse work load across 24 CNC and manual machines.
great company to work at
Sr. Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2016
2nd best place i worked at, unfortunately they could not place me after my contract ended. were willing to work with u or treat like you were worth something, in house training programs
Pros
fun, great benefits, people were nice
Maintaining labs for Dow Chemical
I/E Apprentice Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 27, 2016
One of my jobs at teledyne was checking and maintaining the o2 and LEL detectors monthly. I would pump nitrogen or propane in the sensor until it was below 19 and the alarm would go off. I also helped the journeymen electricans when I was either out of work orders or they needed help.
Pros
three weeks of vacation. rolling four tens
Cons
no overtime
Work day
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNDecember 29, 2015
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the meeting,

My role involves extensive planning responsibilities and staying organized is not an option,

Asked my boss what needs to be prioritize,
Pros
We can relax a bit if everything is doing well
Cons
Its hard to plan anything solid when you don’t know what orders you are going to be pulling
Very good company
Lead Fiber Optics Technician (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 15, 2015
I really like working on new fiber-optic audio/visual technology. The hardest part of the job was the 100% travel from state to state. My manager Install manager was a great mentor.
Pros
Learned new technology
Cons
100% travel
It was a productive and fun place to work
QA/AS9100 - Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 6, 2015
The majority of my work tenure comes from Teledyne who was later bought out by Litton and then Northrop Grumman. My work experience comes from being a component and reliability engineer with Teledyne Controls and Teledyne Systems. Then later on with Teledyne Micro Electronics and Teledyne Safety Products where a transition was made from Reliability to Quality Assurance. Over the course of my engineering career, I had some great experiences working on several military programs that fell under the guidelines of the AS9100 quality management system. For example, at Teledyne Systems I was the Reliability Engineer on the Mission Computer for the Northrup Grumman TASSAM Missile program. While at Litton Guidance and Control all reliability engineering for the Tomahawk Baseline Improvement Program (TBIP) and the guidance system for MSLS was under my work responsibility. While at Teledyne Micro Electronics my reliability/quality engineering responsibilities were directed towards the F22 and Kodak Government Satellite programs. At Teledyne Safety products, I was the QA Manager for the F22 ejection seat program.
Pros
Had fun and was able to work on many high reliability government programs.
Cons
No real cons except for when the F22 program was cancelled.
Poor management
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TnJuly 31, 2015
I enjoyed the work while with the company. The problem was with the clique within the department. The supervisor was very political, & if you didn't agree with him, he & the other employees turn on you. Human resources was no help.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 24, 2015
In a typical day at work, employees get to their assigned department areas and begin their day with a pass down of previous shift job order and procedures, while Management keeps track of available job materials and deadlines to increase productivity and on time delivery. Co-workers are at all times able to help and point-out to others, troubleshooting techniques and equipment safety procedures. The hardest part of the job are the long hours while the most enjoyable part of the job is a great job environment.
Pros
cake day
Cons
counter productive
Great Organization
Computer Programmer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 29, 2015
Organize and progam data so that software can recognize objects and items
Communicate with staff to coordinate applications and paperwork that needed to be done
Responsible for inputting information and material that has been recording into seprate files
Poor management puts a lot of undue stress on employees
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 27, 2015
Teledyne dg obrien
Former machinist Portsmouth nh

This company has the potential to be a good place to work
Too many managers to oversee everything and no one can ever give you a straight answer
The lack of a competent hr department makes solving issues a real frustrating time
A lot of promises are made and are never followed through
If your looking for a place to work where you get paid the same for working your but off as the lazy bum who wanders around all day then this is the place for you
Pros
Air conditioning and heat
Cons
Poor moral and an overall feeling like your on a sinking ship
They gave me a lot of freedom to decide what I needed to do.
Assistant project manager, contract administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 19, 2015
I performed management, contracting, and engineering. I infrequently had to personally deliver highly technical components in my car to make delivery schedules when manufacturing operations were late. The people were interesting to work with.
Pros
Small co., near home (2 miles)
Cons
Although work was interesting, there was little opportunity to learn new things.
I enjoyed working here people are great managment is good
product finisher 3 (Former Employee) –  Hudson NHFebruary 26, 2015
Always knew what to do, Atmosphere in the work place is always good. worked well as a group to get things done. management works well with employees.
Self Employed
Contracts Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Mortgage and real estate brokerage. Had the ability to make six figures, long hours, weekends and lived in my car. Constantly market, go to real estate events and recruit additional help. Continuing education a must to keep up on all the documentation and laws.
Pros
self employed, flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits and consistent income
Less than 3 miles from my home
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, IndianaNovember 8, 2014
Typical day on the job was hands on, mostly running the overhead, always had an eye out for working safety. Got along with my co workers & management team well. The hardest part of the job was climbing up & down the ladder 4-5 times a day.
Great Steady place to work
Treasury Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 10, 2014
Stable place to work. Located in a great area in Thousand Oaks.
It was a very technical and fascinating job.
Electronics Tester and Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNMay 19, 2014
I tested, repaired, and trouble-shot MRI equipment for a GE Medical contractor. I learned how the expansion and collapsing of a magnetic field can be used to target defects in human tissue, and I gained experience in using a network analyzer. The management and my co-workers were all very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was remembering all the tedious details of the test procedures for the many different pieces of equipment that I worked on. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning to become a better technician with people who were a joy to be around.
Pros
good benefits, work, and people
Cons
long drive from winchester, tn
Great workplace
Image Operater (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHMay 15, 2014
Multitasking, performing Imaging and Conformal on sometimes daily basis . Working in various Depts. as needed. I mostly worked independently in my dept.
Pros
liked the people, and enjoyed the work atmosphere
Cons
conformal can be smelly without the proper ppe and ventilation
Great products, liked working there.
Photolithography Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 11, 2013
Programmed and ran Canon Stepper. Processed wafers through photo process.
working at teledyne
Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2013
it was a great company to work for i wish i worked there longer great pay people were very nice the job was simple. worked monday thru friday and some saturday
Pros
psy, lunches parties
Cons
no cons
good place to work