Telegraph Hill Program Initiatives is a rapidly growing technology consulting firm in San Francisco, helping Bay Area corporations and startups get new software initiatives started.
Answer these questions and you will know whether you are right for us:
Telegraph Hill Data Architects:
-Enterprise data applications are my professional focus.
-Data integrity is critical to rapid data application release.
-Solving problems with SQL is as interesting as new coding.
-Refactoring is as challenging as writing new SQL.
-Enterprise data application development is a like a marathon.
-My kid’s soccer game is as important as my deadline.
-Tests are as important an artifact as functional SQL.
-Reliable cash flow is as important as equity upside.
-Data documentation makes relationships visible and maintainable.
-Metadata fascinates me.
-Non-functional requirements are also my responsibility.
-Data quality testing is performed only after a screw-up.
-Red Bull is critical to rapid data application development.
-Individual heroics is key to technology project success.
-Maintenance programming is for training newbies.
-Enterprise data application development is like a sprint.
-Work always comes first.
-Creating tests is for lesser talented people.
-Stock options are the path to financial independence.
-My code and its behavior is all anyone needs to see.
-Young engineers can be flogged and molded easier.
-Metadata is something the NSA steals from the Internet.
-Operations, security, platform & QA are not my job.
You get the picture. We’re looking for smart, balanced, experienced people who understand the entire lifecycle of operational and warehouse data applications across different industries, who are self-motivated and independent, and who are deeply curious about the world and how well-designed data stores can make it better.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Key Responsibilities
- Full-stack design and architecture of SaaS data warehousing and BI analytics
- Eliciting functional and non-functional requirements, including customization for individual customer needs
- Lead enterprise data modeling and architecture
- Lead data application systems & software development, data validation, and load and performance testing in conjunction with QA
- Cost-benefit analysis of software, COTS and open source, and hardware functions
- Data application process management and assuring all design artifacts are maintained in the most current state
- 10+ years of enterprise data application development
- 3+ years at the lead architect or managing director level
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, NoSQL, data warehousing, BI and analytics principles and related best practices
- Still hands-on while effectively supervising small teams
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision premiums for employees with little or no waiting period to start
- 3 weeks of accrued vacation per year plus 80 hours PTO you are encouraged to REALLY use
- 401(k) with 100% employer match (plan limits apply)
- Flex spending accounts including IRS allowed public transit/commute allowances
- Open collaborative workspace on & off-site
- Downtown San Francisco office
- Walking distance to BART, Bus, and Ferry terminal
- Work directly for a managing partner
- Base, bonus, commission, equity upside
Telegraph Hill gets IT started by leading new technology programs requiring rapid implementation and continuous delivery, such as Agile Java Development, DevOps, SaaS Operations, managed API, test automation and Big Data initiatives. Visit www.thpii.com to learn more.
Our goal is always to align our clients' technology strategy and objectives with those of the overall business, ensuring a scalable & sustainable business model. We help our bigger companies move fast, and our smaller, growing companies operate with control, quality, and security.
Individually, we are senior technology business consultants with decades of technology management experience at companies large and small, leading development, engineering, operations, and program management teams. And acting as our own angel investor, we create and sponsor multiple open-source projects (e.g. www.kulanaqa.com and www.hoolilo.com)