About the Job
Sr. Software Engineers for Emerging Wearable Applications
Make no small plans. Here at Telepathy (a well-funded Startup with new HQ in Sunnyvale, CA), we are embarking on a journey that will change all of our lives, and we are carefully soliciting for like-minded travelers who wish to take this journey with us.
We will grow a new market in wearable technology. Along the way we will build a company, a culture, and an iconic brand.
Because we want to build robust teams that will last, we encourage top candidates to recruit among their friends — those colleagues with whom you have formed a bond, whose work and work ethic you respect. That associate who will not only bring their value, but make you more valuable by inclusion. Bring them.
Join us. We promise, your life will never be the same.
You will be responsible for writing applications and developing features for the underlying application framework on our mobile devices. You'll work closely with the UI design and QA teams to develop great products that will ship to millions of people.
BS/MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience
The candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Experienced in C/C++ and Java coding ability
- Excellence with Linux and Android OS
- Experienced in at least one application framework
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
MS/PhD in CS/CE
Excellent knowledge of Open Source Licenses, such as GPL, LGPL, and Apache License
8+ years of software development experience. Additional qualifications include experience in:
- Ubuntu/Linaro Linux
- Implementation for ARM Cortex-Ax
- Optimizing applications for multi-core platforms
- Audio and video processing applications
- Coding for low-power design (Battery powered devices)
- Supporting and developing other software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
There are multiple open positions. As a Device application or Embedded software engineer you will have many responsibilities relating to the design, development, and testing of the device application or firmware software. These include:
Collaborating closely with the design team to evaluate designs against the technical constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device.
Improving the applications and their underlying framework to push the envelope on exciting and easy to use interfaces.
Developing features with well-designed solutions that can stand the test of time.
Coordinating with the quality assurance team to both ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on critical components.
BOE / TBD + Stock options + Benefits
Please attach your resume as a pdf or word document (.doc/.docx), paste cover letter into the body of the email, and send it to hr (at )tele-pathy.org, with the subject line "POSITION: Application SW".