Telerik, A Progress Company

Telerik, A Progress Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with fast changing sales channels
sales (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 11, 2014
Productive and fun place to work with fast changing sales channels
Pros
work hard play hard
Cons
nothing
Focused yet fun workplace environment
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 13, 2014
I just started working here a few weeks ago so I can't provide a detailed review of the company and office just yet. However, so far, everyone has been extremely helpful, welcoming, and encouraging. It seems as though there is much room for moving up and being successful within the company and I am very excited for my future here at Telerik
Pros
great people, fun environment, challenging work, encouraging co-workers
Cons
none yet!
A great place to work and grow!
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 17, 2014
Telerik is a great place to come in to work every day. It is one of the few places I know that has the "work hard - play hard" mentality and actually means it.

The work is rewarding, but never too easy, and there's always more things to do. As long as you have the drive and determination you can grow from your initial role in to just about any role that you would like, as proven by the track record of many current employees.

The colleagues are great, and the atmosphere and comradery they all create make it a pleasure to interact with everyone on a day-to-day basis.
Pros
the people, the benefits, possibility of growth.
Cons
none really.
Work Hard, Play Hard. The best environment I've even been in as a developer.
XAML Support Specilaist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 22, 2013
Telerik's environment is a veritable utopia. I am given room to grow and learn more as a developer and yet still provide the best developer support possible.

You are encouraged to seek the best training and certifications to help build out your skill set. You are encouraged to build your own pet projects to learn to use the products in fun and unique ways. Find a challenge and overcome it. I have learned more in the time I've been at Telerik than all other placed combined.

You are encouraged to put down the keyboard and come out and play. There is a strong sense of family and connectivity between coworkers. From company getaways to weekly meals as a team, isolation is not something you will find in any cubicle.

Work Hard, Play Hard.
Pros
empowering individual growth, best benefits package, best salary for the position being filled, bonuses and raises are common
Cons
i havent found any yet.
Great place to work!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 20, 2013
Overall Telerik is a great place to work. My favorite part about the job is probably the people, having awesome coworkers really makes your experience while working so much better. The culture is great here and they offer perks like every other Wednesday they cater lunch for everyone and at 4pm on Fridays they have a "Scrum" where they get snacks (hello mozzarella sticks) and people play pool and foosball. The heath insurance package offered also gets an A+ in my opinion.

My only complaint was that they grew way to fast. It was hard for them to keep up with the appropriate management. Sales is pretty strong but, marketing still needs some work. I am confident however that they are trying to fix the situation and all will be figured out soon.

I started here right when I graduated college and it was a great place to start my career. It is has opened other doors that I would never have had open yet without the role. I was able to work my way up to a higher position and they trusted me to handle a lot of responsibility to better the company and myself as an employee.
Pros
lunch ever other week, friday afternoon get together, great benefits, good work environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
management could use some work (it's a work in progress for them), the pto policy could be a bit more generous, it has gotten much better over the years!

4.5