TeleTech Holdings Employee Reviews

Great Company
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 2, 2016
Teletech is overall a great company and takes very good care of their employees. It is definitely a job where you need to have patience, good customer service skills, commutative skills, listening skills, multi tasking skills, and a willingness to progress! Teletech offers great benefits, such as PTO, Wellness hours, maternity leave, insurance that is affordable, and the ability to move up in the company in several different ways! I would not say it is a job you would want to work your whole life, however there are several people that are still working there after 7 years and absolutely love it! It is a very stressful job sometimes, customers constantly calling, some yelling at you for things that are beyond your control. Customers calling that hardly speak English and that are very hard to understand. But as the job progresses and the longer you are there the more you get those customers and the easier it gets to start understanding what their saying. Overall I have enjoyed working for them, but as I get older and after being there for over a year I am ready to branch out and start something new and a different environment.
Pros
Good benifits, good pay, opportunity to advance in several ways.
Cons
very high stress job, multi tasking constantly
High Stress Job
customer advocate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 25, 2016
Teletech is a wonderful place but the job is very high stress. I can handle the stress but the management team is really going downhill.
Pros
Friendly People/ co-workers
Cons
Management and high stress
Friendly atmosphere, easy training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 12, 2016
I worked for TeleTech for 2 years which ended when I moved out of state. The job experience that I had while working there is one that I will appreciate for years to come. I had a great time at TeleTech, made alot of good friends and the team leads were just as personable. Yes you had to handle an average of 100 calls a day and you had no idea what to expect from one call to the next but the benefits and perks of being an agent at TeleTech is what made me stay.
Pros
Flexible schedules, team work, health benefits, monthly compensation
Avoid This Company
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Besides the insufficient training and lack of upper management support, a typical employee has to endure an increasing workload without increase in pay or ability to advance in the company. My advice to you if you do decide to gain employment here is whatever is said or offered to you, make sure it is in writing and be sure to read the fine print. Management has been known to go back on their word and blame others for these changes. Also be willing to live only for the company as they have no sympathy for your outside family or personal life. I would just avoid this company altogether.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
No advancement in company, Two-faced Management, No raises, Lack of Respect, Recognition, or Support by Management, Inability of Company to be flexible with family life
Good entry level customer service
bilingual customer service (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 15, 2015
Great way to start out in a call center, provides paid training and up training for all other jobs they require you to have down the line
It's nice to work from home
Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 19, 2015
I love working from home. Not having to worry about buying work clothes or putting extra miles and wear on my car, but it's hard to advance from what I have seen in the two times I have worked for Teletech. I have been selected as a seasonal trainer twice and applied for multiple jobs that would advance my career, and yet I have not gotten these regular positions. The pay is less than what othercall centers pay, from my personal experience.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not enough pay, not enough advancement opportunities
family oriented
Member Service Representative for USAA Bank (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 31, 2015
There are nonstop calls pertaining to the financial concerns mainly of our military for your entire shift.
This job teaches you to have empathy and patience for our military who are protecting our freedom.
My superiors doors are always open to any concerns that I may have; very approachable.
This is the only employers that I have worked for that encourages family members to work side by side which creates a very family oriented company.
This job can be extremely emotional because you are usually working with highly stressed military persons, sometimes calling you from the battlefield. At times I can hear explosions and sounds of bullets. The sad part is that often the person calling is only 18 years old.
It fills me with great joy that I can be of service to the military.
Pros
family oriented, will work with you if you need a day off
Cons
nonstop calls, loose voice
Different pace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lorain OhioOctober 22, 2015
There was no job security, people were laid off left and right. You got hired in quickly with benefits, but then after a few months people were let go, so they could hire more temps in. The place always lost contracts, so they would have to lay people off because of that as well.
n/a
Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  at homeOctober 12, 2015
Its a good company. Flexible hours. You do not have to leave for work, just walk to your computer. Chance for advancement in the workforce.
A decent place to work for
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 11, 2015
On a typical day I work in my home taking inbound calls and assisting customers with product related issues. I have learned quite a lot about how working at home can have it's benefits and downfalls. I would say that the management has been more than fair towards me and are willing to accommodate your schedule to a certain degree. The hardest part of this job is lack of face to face human contact except by phone. At times you desire to see and interact with other people and working from home is very isolate. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I am home, when everyone else is traveling the rush hour traffic, I am at home. I do not have to go out in bad weather, and I am here when my child gets home from school. There are other places that could be worst to work for.
Pros
Not having to drive in bad weather, rush hour traffic, being home when my child get in from school.
Cons
lack of face to face contact, no steady work, no benefits

Want to know more about TeleTech Holdings?

Ask a question
My First Full-time Experience
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE/HELPDESK (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ALSeptember 23, 2015
Teletech was my first full time job ever. It was truly an experience too. As a call center representative, you learn to adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment.

This job was very stressful on the mind and body as you dealt with customers via telephone interaction. While many were a joy to talk to and work with, there were always a few that challenged your professionalism and tact.

I appreciated this job, because it was the experience needed to hone my ability to work with customers, multitask and development of both patience and great customer service skills. What I learned here helped me become a better employee everywhere else.
Pros
great culture, fun coworkers, new experiences, meeting celebrities...on the phone
Cons
200-500+ calls a day
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 30, 2015
Typical day at work is meeting with agents coaching them, running report making sure all the systems issues arte report making sure everyone is doing their job making sure they are getting pay for their work.
the hardest part of my job is getting global system issues resolved
i love working with people and the challenges that it brings to me on the daily basics
The Usual BPO
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2015
Usual BPO with ever changing management, organization and turnover. Nice co-workers and great technology exposure and training.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Just Okay
Home, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
It's a good start for working at home. However you cannot count on this job to pay the bills. Minimum wage for your state and when it's busy you have to work mandatory hours. Hours can get changed at any given time. When it's slow you get mandatory time off without pay. So you lose lots of hours. You can get MTO everyday if it's slow.

Team leads are very nice and helpful.

Teammates are great once you get to know some people through chat you can develop friendships and it can also be helpful as far as helping each other with work.

Some good discounts, and they offer 401K

Good start to get your feet wet and learn the discipline it takes to work from home.
Pros
Good team leads, help, and teammates
Cons
MTO, short 10 min break after 4hrs, 30 min break if you work 5 hours or more.
Teletech
OJT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 25, 2015
Teletech is flexible, provides opportunity to move up within the company, and has a diverse group of employees. This position has provided me with management experience and analytical skills.
Poor wages no pay inceases
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 9, 2015
9:50 Hr no advancement possibilities if you lucky maybe a dollar raise the job is good because you need a job but dont look to get ahead
It doesn't get much worse in Denver
Manager of Enterprise Server Engineering (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2015
STAY AWAY .. well unless you like horrifically poor leadership, radical swings in available funding and project follow through, or seeing your co-workers leave (40+% voluntary attrition in stateside knowledge workers) oh yeah, and they don't believe they are off shoring jobs.. but some how the Philippines staff grows every year while state side jobs disappear.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Working at Teletech
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXJune 14, 2015
There is good and bad days but the employee's and team leaders are very helpful. They always try to find a way to work around any last minute Dr appointments.
Pros
Pot lucks, different drawing each month
Cons
short lunch breaks
Not a good place to work in Paducah
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 23, 2015
No help from team leads, no advancement ops, no compensation for good work, metrics never kept up to date or correctly, systems crashed...
Pros
It was a great job experience!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 21, 2015
During training, I wish it was a little more . Once I got in to production, most days were great. I handled several customers daily. The TLs ( Team Leads - Supervisors) were very heplful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to stay longer.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Seasonal Job