TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,703 reviews matching the search
Call Center
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 27, 2016
This was a call center for an insurance company. A typical day would be answering calls regarding insurance policies. The only down side of this job was having to ask permission to use the restroom and only having 5 minutes in which to leave your post do your business and get back. Other than that, it was a good job, even if you occasionally got irate customers on the phone.
Pros
Interesting calls
Cons
Felt like I was in Kindergarten when I needed to use the bathroom
Definitely will not pay for your time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 19, 2016
I was employed 6 months with Teletech. At first it was ok and then the favoritism started, computer issues that had nothing to do with a brand new laptop. It was their Sip phone programming that would not allow you to take calls. Management playing games with mirroring your display screen remotely. Not paying you for all of your working hours. And then you have to pay taxes to a state you were even not living in.
Pros
Working from Home.
Cons
Rip you off of your salaries.
A good place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2016
I thought my time at Teletech was productive, and they paid decent. A career for some and not for others. Its a decent place to work to make a paycheck and pay the bills. Management was tolerable, work was not that demanding. The hardest part of the job is maintaining standards that third party puts on the company and the people they hire. There is no control over the outcome when the third party controls the process.
Pros
Good people to work with, lots of luncheons
Cons
Can't think of any
Very Fun
CSR (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 25, 2016
I don't understand why everyone is dissatisfied with this job. I had a really good time working here and made lots of friends. Most TL's have no clue what they are doing, but there are a couple of good ones. For those of you interested in benefits if you don't already know they offer healthcare and 401K. Security Guards are cool and one of them became like my best friend. If you have trouble with getting to work on time don't bother applying here, they are strict on that, but I was almost never late or absent so that wasn't an issue. If you have something you have to miss work for they can usually get it scheduled no problem.
Overall it was an awesome place to work and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Fun and Easy-Going
Cons
Sitting Still Too Long
Fun place to work while bettering yourself
Licensed Sales Agent/ broker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 22, 2016
Great place to work. Especially for younger people. Good environment, great benefits, good people. You could potentially get licensed to sell insurance. They pay for and maintain license status. You improve as a person and professionally at Teletech. You are constantly and consistently praised and encouraged to follow your dreams and passions outside of work place. It is almost a community feeling at Teletech and I'm proud and thankful of my good fortune to have worked their at the position I held.
Pros
People are great and look out for your best intrest
Empathy Required
Acting Supervisor (Client: Bank) (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 19, 2016
Call center customer service requires a high degree of empathy and the ability to avoid taking very personal insults personally (insults are from frustrated clients). It is a generally easy job to do as long as you have those skills, but even with those skills the majority of people burn out quickly. Move up or move on.
Pros
decent pay, no college required, they will hire anyone
Cons
limited advancement opportunities, archaic hardware and software, they will hire anyone
Don't do it!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  @homeJuly 11, 2016
Yes it's a legit work from home job. They keep adding more and more responsibility to your job profile until you break. There are no raises, at all. They pay 9 bucks an hour but your basically an administrative assistant with what all they add on to you. The amount of money for what you actually end up doing is not worth it. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
At home work
Cons
No raises, low pay, slim possibility for advancement.
if you white you be fine
customer service (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 16, 2016
When I was working there I was rank top two in my class for calls but if you a different race they treat you ok until they review your calls. one higher up listen to my call that I didn't do good on and really hurt my feeling about it even treating me like I was a kid. I try to tell them I understand but they keep on breaking me down like I was nothing and I was still in training. but working there was nice with co-workers you like
Pros
good job for people who don't have a education
Cons
they have people who try to kick you out if you a different race
Clean new facility with good break/lunch rooms
Auto Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 1, 2016
After a long time trying to get hired at Teletech it didn't live up to my expectations. Apart from it being remodeled and great lunch/break areas, training seemed rushed and not fluid enough. The trainers were great and were very nice and tried to make it fun which was appreciated. Butt the overall training had everyone failing in my class even thought it was open book. The info and locations to find them were scattered and not specifically in the links you would expect them to be. Other than that my coworkers and trainers were great and was a relaxed environment.
Pros
lounge area, food truck fridays, good luch/break areas, lockers.
Cons
Training, badge in every lolcation.
Ok overall
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 25, 2016
Teletech was great to work for most of the time. They try to make it fun and give bonuses to those who work for it. They aren't very good with requsting days off. There were two times I requested half a day or a full day a month in advance and was granted the request. However, the day before that requested day off it was taken away and write ups were given if i left anyway. Management is a little lacking.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, nice environment
Cons
Lacks management communication
Pretty decent place to work
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 25, 2016
Co-workers were great. Supervisors were great. Was a Temp position so didn't excuse any absences even with a doctors note.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to speak with the customers in a relaxed way instead of having to rush them off the phone. The hardest part was trying to meet the standards of getting customers to switch to this program. Program had great qualities. Somewhat stressful but otherwise enjoyable.
Great work from home place
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 31, 2016
To assist customers with preparing their taxes and any tax questions from 8 am until 5 pm. The hardest part of the job was when customers would get upset about letters from the IRS or them not understanding why their employers may have filled out their w-2 incorrectly. I learned more about taxes and which states should and should not file and how to file correctly.
Pros
work from home
Cons
inconsistent schedules or changes
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 13, 2016
This company was great to work for. The higher up management was exceptional in retaining its employees. However the team leads were not as encouraging to the staff. This position deals with a lot of angry customers so patience and understanding is definetly needed to work in this enviroment. If you are looking for a great company to work with and can avoid falling into the workplace drama this is the company to work with. They do offer great pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Not much support on floor and negative enviroment
Enjoyed trainers and co-workwers. Typical telecommunications.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
Work was cubicle telecommunications. I learned how a telecomm company operated. Management and co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement of time and having a script as well as only being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Tied to cubicle and phones and micromanagement of time.
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
The highest turnover I have ever seen in a workplace.
Telephone Grunt (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2016
Don't work here if you don't like having your schedule jacked around every time you blink. Don't work here if you don't like having one supervisor tell you to do things a certain way, and then having another tell you the opposite. Don't work here if you don't like staying at a job with no possibility of a merit raise.
Pros
Cons
Not enough space here to list the cons.
Opportunity
UnitedHealthCare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2016
While the pay is lower than others in the same field, TeleTech offers a chance for employment to everyone, as long as you can pass the tests. (Which they adequately prepare you for.) They pay for certifications, give you a desk, 6 weeks of paid training. They offer you opportunity. Job security is a joke however, since they only need large amounts of employees for Annual Election Period. (October - December)
Pros
Low stress, good hours
Cons
Job security
Great work environment and coworkers.
Deposits agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 5, 2016
My time at Teletech was short but very benificial. After a few days you feel like part of a community because of how kind all your coworkers are. The one downfall of TeleTech was they lacked experienced supervisors and that made things a little more complicated then they needed to be.
Pros
Community feel, good breaks, lounge area, cafè
Cons
Suporvisor training, parking
Great Managers and Great Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2016
The managers employed in Melbourne , FL were great and knew how to identify with their employees. The other employees are also great. The training was great and some of the best trainers I've seen. The only problem is the company seemed less concerned with their employees. I'm not talking about the managers, but the call center supervisors.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Higher ups care more about the money then the people
Paid Training & Met Expectation
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 27, 2016
I started off with Tele Tech knowing I was walking into a temporary position , to gain knowledge and training in Insurance sales and customer service in this call center . The Training itself was a month long which led to successfully passing the state exam for licensing and there on I spent the remainder of the position during open-enrollment in a call-center setting taking leads and closing policies. My one wish was that my time at Teletech wasn't a temporary position , I enjoyed it very much and the pay itself was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.