TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 1,843 reviews matching the search
No balamce between pay and expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 4, 2016
I have worked with this company on and off for about 4 years. I was on some great assignments at home that had great managers, team leads and coaches. But recently I came back just to supplement my income because really who can depend on 8.50 hr. to provide for their family. The assignment was ok but the management, team leads and coaches were lacking all the skills they needed to do their own job much less advise employees on theirs much is lacking at teletech. Pay, overtime, bonuses and incentives they have none barely room for advancement it's just a job to get extra money or hold you over until you get a real job isn't a place to make a career.
Pros
Cons
8.50 flat pay, No raises, no incentives, no bonuses, no overtime
Great benefits easy jobs.
Hyundai Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2016
Typical day was answering inbound calls from Hyundai customers. The job was really easy co workers were very helpful in making sure everyone was up to date on policy changes. Management was horrible any reason to get you in trouble to put you in disciplinary action for 30 days. Felt like management and supervisors were just knit picking at anything to write you up. Overall loved the job management needed much improvement.
Pros
Easy job, nice co workers, clean work environment decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Management quick to get you in trouble for any reason job security always worrying.
Shift in job culture
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 16, 2016
Company started out a fun and great place to work. Was not told up front a lot of what commission was. The culture and relationships were strained within a years time. Not much room to grow unless you know someone and that is not a guarantee as management could be laid off just as quickly.
Complete cold calls with leads that were not that great. It is a team environment and if you are not a great performer you will not be acknowledged for the most part.
Pros
commissions, benefits, hour lunches, monday-friday
Cons
commissons, high turn over
A difficult job with good hours.
Advanced Tech-Care/ Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHOctober 15, 2016
It was impossible to move up in this company unless you were friends with the higher ups as well as funny. I enjoyed working for this company due to the money and the friendships I made. I also very much enjoyed working through problems with people over the phone and having them thank me for fixing their issue without having to spend any money. The money made at TeleTech was worth how demanding it could be at times. Despite this, when an employee got pregnant they would not accommodate those employees whatsoever despite sickness or bed-rest with Doctors requests.
Benefits
Cons
Demanding, Difficult grading scale
fun workplace not very productive in telesales
Sprint Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be making about 80 outbound calls to try and convert businesses over to the sprint network. I learned some skills in telesales. The management was fair. They did their best in trying to train in telesales. The hardest part of the job was trying to convince businesses that have been with a provider in ATT or Verizon for years to switch over to Sprint which is very hard to do.
Pros
They worked with you on needing to take off work for personal needs
Cons
The healthcare benefits is horrible in my opinion
Great Environment, Flexible scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 12, 2016
This job was really a great stepping stone. The fact that I was working in Project Nissan was one of the most amazing experiences. I have learned so much about the automotive industry and how much culture the automotive industry has on peoples daily lives.

Working behind the scenes with corporate and learning how a company sustains in a multi-billion dollar COMPETITIVE industry is a site. To be able to hear how Consumers feel about a brand, new ideas, and criticism to help continue to push out a great product has been an amazing learning experience.

This job was one of the most painless jobs you can have if you
1) Come to work on time,
2) Complete your job assignments,
3) Learn the product, so you can help others

Management likes to keep the enviornment relaxed.

Negative is that you have a salary cap after 2 years of being there. At that point you need a management position to get more pay. They have bonus checks for Top Tier Performers but Teletech cut the bonus by 2%. 2% is a lot especially when you get the bonus check often. :)
Pros
2 Paid breaks and a Lunch
Cons
Salary Cap after 2 years
Fun place to work while bettering yourself
Licensed Sales Agent/ broker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 22, 2016
Great place to work. Especially for younger people. Good environment, great benefits, good people. You could potentially get licensed to sell insurance. They pay for and maintain license status. You improve as a person and professionally at Teletech. You are constantly and consistently praised and encouraged to follow your dreams and passions outside of work place. It is almost a community feeling at Teletech and I'm proud and thankful of my good fortune to have worked their at the position I held.
Pros
People are great and look out for your best intrest
I enjoyed working for Teletech
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  @ HomeJuly 23, 2016
My day always starts out with greeting my team and chat coaches. I would then read and reply to email, posting to chat anything that my team needed to know. Then I would move on to attendance issues from the day before, submitting tickets for my team to have there metrics updated. The rest of the shift I would be doing reports checking pay roll, meeting with my team and helping in chat.

I learnt from this job how a call center is run, checking service levels and occupancy and many different other things. I had a good working relationship with my mangers and my fellow team leaders even ones not on the same project.

Hardest part was to track down the team when they didn't show up at work, being in a virtual call center you cannot see the team. I enjoyed just about every thing at this job especially being at home.
Benefits
Cons
No pay rise
TeleTech was a wonderful place of work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 13, 2016
TeleTech is a great business. The management is very caring and professional. There are many different types of people that work with you. They are very generous with allowing you to take personal time during the day to recollect yourself, get a bite to eat, or to relax. From TeleTech, I learned a lot about patience and self confidence. Some customers would call with difficult requests. I gained self confidence by studying the materials we handled and being able to resolve the customers' issues without outside support. The hardest part of the job was providing service to outraged or inconsolable customers. Some customers would call with issues unrelated to our department, and explaining this was not welcomed at times. At the same time, our customers were the most enjoyable part of the job. This job offers the opportunity to speak with and assist a diverse population. I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, Diversity in Workforce, Enjoyable Work, Respectable Management
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  @homeDecember 6, 2016
Teletech is a great company to work for and I would still be employed here; however, the project that I worked for unfortunately ended. My Team Lead and co-workers were great, and did everything they could to help one another. I highly recommend this company if you want to work from the comfort of your home and enjoy seasonal work.
Pros
Work from home!
Cons
No healthcare and few raises, usually a temp position.
Very Fun
CSR (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 25, 2016
I don't understand why everyone is dissatisfied with this job. I had a really good time working here and made lots of friends. Most TL's have no clue what they are doing, but there are a couple of good ones. For those of you interested in benefits if you don't already know they offer healthcare and 401K. Security Guards are cool and one of them became like my best friend. If you have trouble with getting to work on time don't bother applying here, they are strict on that, but I was almost never late or absent so that wasn't an issue. If you have something you have to miss work for they can usually get it scheduled no problem.
Overall it was an awesome place to work and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Fun and Easy-Going
Cons
Sitting Still Too Long
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Weber City, VA 24290November 15, 2016
Productive work place, excellent management, opportunity for advancement. Growing company that is constantly changing. Provides excellent job security and also has a wonderful training and quality department.
Pros
401K, Insurance benefits, Paid Vacation, Hollidays and Sick Leave
Cons
Long commute, short breaks
Rewarding and fun dealing with customers resolve issues over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeNovember 2, 2016
Teletech is a great company to work for and to move up in your career, however, they do not give pay raises, and cut my hours when they promoted me. I had a lot of fun working for Teletech, just couldnt afford the short hours
Pros
Work at home, talk on telephone (VoIP)
Cons
no raises
It was a nice place to work
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 18, 2016
It was a nice place to work. However, management wasn't the best, there were rumors of fleas being in the carpets where the agents work, but it was still nice to have a job.
Pros
fun atmosphere, nice co workers, the job is easy
Cons
Fleas in the carpets, benefits not that great, management wasn't that great either
Don't do it!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  @homeJuly 11, 2016
Yes it's a legit work from home job. They keep adding more and more responsibility to your job profile until you break. There are no raises, at all. They pay 9 bucks an hour but your basically an administrative assistant with what all they add on to you. The amount of money for what you actually end up doing is not worth it. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
At home work
Cons
No raises, low pay, slim possibility for advancement.
False promises
Customer Service Representative (former) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARAugust 31, 2016
Teletech would promise bonuses for certain benefits offered or scheduled to the members and you will never see it. They push push push and never deliver. Managers need more phone time they are very uneducated on the processes the representatives have to take to ensure member satisfaction.
Pros
Fantastic members
Cons
Teletech needs to actually give the bonus they offer/ more training for managment on phone
Great place to work!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 28, 2016
TeleTech offered a generous salary and a great advancement. I learned a lot about the call center culture. The management was wonderful! The company truly cares about their employees and offers great benefits!
Just not enough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 25, 2016
To much expected for a company that never gives a raise. They do give a bonus monthly if your metrics are perfect. Its not enough to compensate however. Would much prefer a raise. High turnover.
Pros
Breaks staff and employees
Cons
No raise and a lot to be expected for the pay.
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
Great Environment, Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 22, 2016
A good place to learn highly effective customer service and satisfaction skills that can transfer to many jobs. Along with great coworkers and decent benefits, the job also has a great starting wage.
Pros
High starting wage, benefits, and coworkers
Cons
Very rigid schedule, limited overtime, and difficult customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.