TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 1,968 reviews matching the search
Didn't work long enough
WAH CSR (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 17, 2017
Another work at home job. I was working with Best Buy customers taking orders, refunds etc. I had technical issues with their software spent most of my training with IT dept so I had to part ways with them because I got so behind in the training. The reason I scored managment so low is only because they could have resolved the issue in a different manner especially since it was not my fault that there were so many technical difficulties it was on their end. The way I would have resolved the issue was getting the technical issues fixed and then either put me in another training class or offer me a position with another client.
Pros
working at home
Cons
Bad decisions
Overall okay for a job.
Blue Link/AEN Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2017
Call center environment. Fast-paced with periods of slow time.
Pay is not the greatest. Plan on getting a second job if you are trying to survive.
You are always racing the clock in some form or another.
Continuously pressured to sell product to customers.
If first time in a call center learning will be difficult due to the fact that don't have access to printed materials. Must learn from the computers on the job.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Difficult to learn if never been in a call center environment.
Worst company ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 24, 2017
The pay is really low, the training is inadequate, management is poor, you are treated like a child, there are no benefits and no one ever smiles because they're not happy working there.

I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are just really desperate and can't find any other job, then take it for short-term until you can find something else.

The turn over rate is extremely high, and that's because people leave so frequently because of the way they're treated. But don't worry, the company won't miss you when you leave, because you're just a seat filler. Once you leave, they'll just replace you with some other unknowing newcomer.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too many to list
Fun work place and good social environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
TeleTech is a good social environment and a fun work place.
Typical day at work consists of taking phone calls and building rapport including empathy, while taking care of our members needs.
I learned the importance of team building skills.
Management was not understanding to anybody's needs, management was terrible.
Workplace culture: Fun and understanding co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with situations with the members that you have never experienced before.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly competition.
Pros
Friendly competitions
Cons
Short breaks and management
Just OK
Card Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2017
Your day is listening to customers and cuss you out because they made mistakes using their credit cards. You can also update information, add/remove users, travel notices, and general questions are answered.

Management is only interested in their bonuses and expect you to do your part which is OK if that wasn't their only concern.

Good job for a college student. They give you cupcakes once each month to celebrate birthdays.
Pros
job when you need one
Cons
cussing customers
Easy Job with benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Pros
Supportive direct managers and coworkers, competitive benefits, ability to work from home, flexibility, recognition that work-life balance is a priority
Cons
Compensation seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum compared to brick and mortar positions in the same field.
Advice to Management
Upper level management has an opportunity to become more engaged with lower level management to better understand the reality of day to day work life.
A great place with potential
TSR (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 11, 2017
Teletech is a great starter job. It will help you develop what you are looking for in your next job...
While working there for three years in the same department there is nearly NO RAISES, period. So don't expect it.
Most people that work there fall into one of three categories, either highschool kids who will treat it as such, some people who are all about getting other people 'under the bus', or actual casual people who just want to work and get out, It's a call center its what you make of it.
Pros
constant work with some options for time off
Cons
no chance to move up with out serious brown nose behavior
Productive and challenging in the workspace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work consists of a productive work space with positive challenges while also teaching me empathy for the customer, financial skills. Close relationship with management and quick response time to questions while on the job. Good rapport with co-workers and camaraderie amongst co-workers. The hardest portion of the job is the accessing of customer accounts and processing of the accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I helped the customers settle there issue with their account in a timely manor and efficiently.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
short breaks
Upper management errors made learning harder.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 7, 2017
The training was decent, but we got incorrect information on what job to train on, so we wasted two important days of training, for the wrong job, and we couldn't get that time back. This made it harder to learn to do the job for us first timers. A lot of things weren't covered during training at all, and some of the web site features never worked. They were also pretty bad about docking your pay for everything they could.
Pros
work from home, good pay, helpful management
Cons
confused training, some aspects weren't covered, doc your pay for every second you're not on the phone.
Terrible
Notebook Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 31, 2016
This is a call center, but irate customers weren't really my issue. Management was. I was hired as a technician for HP notebook tech support. I point blank ask if I had to sale and was told no. 6 months later sales was no longer (just a way to make extra income) it was pushed hard, and by the time I left (1 1/2 year), not meeting sales quota was a fire-able offense.
Pros
Pretty good pay for this area
Cons
I'm not sure if all call centers are this way, but this place will eat your soul.
Started out pretty decently
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJanuary 20, 2017
At first, I was excited to become a part of this company, as they way it is seen from the outside it looks promising. I can't say for the entire company, but the site I was at seemed to become deeper than it really was. From the outside one would think it's a great place to work, and it is, if you're chosen as one of the favorites.
Pros
Decent hours, good pay for what it is, 401K
Cons
no health insurance, no paid holidays
Don't know how to do their jobs
United Health Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 22, 2016
Management has been doing this for years and can't seem to get their act together. They make many promises but don't follow up with any of them. They won't fix your pay most of the time, and on the off chance they do, you'll get way less than what you should get. They'll promise you'll get a check by a certain day but surprise you and change it to weeks later. They don't care about your concerns.
Pros
Easy to make friends
Cons
Favoritism, lies, poor management, fails to do their job
Management is all about Favoritism
Insurance Agent / Liaison (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I would not recommend nor refer anyone to this Company for employment opportunities. Shiesty. No room for growth or advancement,, Work is seasonal and often no other projects or contracts to move to in down season. Management do not relate potential lay-offs, and lies about perform to motivate profit.
Pros
Pay is suitable for work performed
Cons
no room for growth, no raises, dead end seasonal work
TurboTax Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 2, 2017
They have great health benefits including getting a discounted Fitbit and walking incentives. They are pretty good about working around other obligations like school, family etc. The only thing I would say I didn't like about the job was that they were not open about letting go of people or not when it came to being on a temporary program (TurboTax).
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Management needs some work
Very little direction
Member Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80634January 16, 2017
Nobody follows rules, but then again nobody enforces rules. Management is vague and unhelpful. Guaranteed to have more training than your managers so good luck if you need help. You are a 3 party agent so the direct hires will treat you like dirt because you are less than.
Pros
Highest pay in the area with little to no experience
Cons
Management, Little advancement opportunity, little to no guidance
Satisfactory
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 15, 2016
Answer phone calls from customers. This was a call center environment. Customers would call to register for seminars that were available. I would register them daily. Management was very relaxed and enjoyable to work with. Co-workers nice to be around. The hardest part of this job was not having enough work to do. The most enjoyable wasn't a stressful job.
Pros
Free lunches if every call taken met the guidelines
Cons
Sending you home due to not enogh work to do.
Many resources for entertainment but could be better.
Customer Service Representative/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I wish I could have stayed with the company to have more experience. I can ensure they invest in good employees. I did not like that the lunch room only took cards or that the call center itself was so cold. I feel the dress code should be more professional. It seemed many people dresses like they just didn't care.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Unprofessional people
This is the one place you never want to work.
Product Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2017
The reason that I give a bad review to them is because you will be under paid and over worked. The company teletech also uses shady practices to make money such as forcing agents to use unneeded tools on every call because they get a kick back and scheduling the agent for 30 hours and then offering overtime indicating that there will be overtime pay though do not do so because the agent did not reach the 40 hour minimum required by federal law but still taxing the agent as if they did for the hours. Teletech will also give bad recommendations to other employers every time regardless of how the agent preformed as well as telling the other employers that the agent has a non-compete agreement when there was none agreed to.
Pros
Cons
everything
alright place ot emplyment
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 10, 2017
Laid back environment, but still professional. I had advanced skills when started there, however I learned a lot about health benefits and the different benefits offered by hundreds of companies. There are opportunities for advancement. The hardest part of the job may be keeping metrics down and fully satisfying customers at the same time. I asolutely love helping others.
Constant change
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Working with this group has been an experience to help our customers, and prospects overall. My concerns including but not limited to job security, and project changes with lower wages. I would say I enjoy this place very much, but I need stability, and consistent wages.
Pros
Good people, and good on site security officers.
Cons
Job security, schedules, being in the dark, no benefits, no vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.