TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,635 reviews matching the search
Tele Tech
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 27, 2016
I would help customers with their accounts on a daily base, answering any questions to the best of my knowledge. Would handle any payments and purchases made by phone.
A place to work if you really wanted to meet weird people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed Teletech only because I was a Supervisor. A typical day at work was babysitting the numerous people that they hired off the street with NO experience. My co-workers (Supervisors) were okay but the actual Customer Service Reps fought us tooth and nail. They worked a little and quite right after training; or they missed time frequently. Management had their pick so you soon became aware of how to deal with certain ones. No one was really serious there, thus, is the reason when Teletech took over Sprints CS Center, it failed. Now Sprint has left Hampton, VA. Only a few folks saw it coming. I saw it in 2006 when we were asked to take on other Sprint products and learn more new systems with no pay increase.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
they hired anyone who could breathe in the mirror
Not an ideal workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KY 42240May 26, 2016
The concept of the business is not a bad concept but the employees in the management positions do not how to do their job effectively. They cannot be consistent with following the rules.
Ok overall
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 25, 2016
Teletech was great to work for most of the time. They try to make it fun and give bonuses to those who work for it. They aren't very good with requsting days off. There were two times I requested half a day or a full day a month in advance and was granted the request. However, the day before that requested day off it was taken away and write ups were given if i left anyway. Management is a little lacking.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, nice environment
Cons
Lacks management communication
Pretty decent place to work
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 25, 2016
Co-workers were great. Supervisors were great. Was a Temp position so didn't excuse any absences even with a doctors note.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to speak with the customers in a relaxed way instead of having to rush them off the phone. The hardest part was trying to meet the standards of getting customers to switch to this program. Program had great qualities. Somewhat stressful but otherwise enjoyable.
great for stay at home moms
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 23, 2016
loved working here while husband was deployed. worked well around kids and home life. didn't have to drive anywhere in the snow.
Easy job.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2016
This is a very easy job. Unfortunately the management is not organized, you will get different answers to the same question from every supervisor.
Great part-time job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 17, 2016
Busy assisting clients with phone credits and troubleshooting issues. Co-workers and staff was great. Management was great. Really enjoyed this job.
Easy Money
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 15, 2016
This was an easy stay at home job, There is lots of technical aspects to this job. KNOW how to properly work a computer! Lots of training in depth and really fast. Be able to keep up
horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLMay 14, 2016
They had so many issues with the operating systems and the internet. The management was awful and the people were rude and the phones barely worked.

Want to know more about TeleTech?

Ask a question
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 13, 2016
This company was great to work for. The higher up management was exceptional in retaining its employees. However the team leads were not as encouraging to the staff. This position deals with a lot of angry customers so patience and understanding is definetly needed to work in this enviroment. If you are looking for a great company to work with and can avoid falling into the workplace drama this is the company to work with. They do offer great pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Not much support on floor and negative enviroment
Enjoyed trainers and co-workwers. Typical telecommunications.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
Work was cubicle telecommunications. I learned how a telecomm company operated. Management and co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement of time and having a script as well as only being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Tied to cubicle and phones and micromanagement of time.
not an encouraging company to work for
Revenue Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 10, 2016
This company had couldn't provide any real vision of a position but had high expectations based on no training for it.My direct manager was great, but the constant bullying from other managers was unbearable.
Pros
Lori Murray, great manager
Cons
discouraging company overall
Banking Specialist
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2016
The company of Teletech is not the best company i have worked for. The pay and benefits are one of the best in springfield however myself and a few of my coworkers since have left due to the poor efforts to work with their employees personal lives.
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
Opportunity
UnitedHealthCare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2016
While the pay is lower than others in the same field, TeleTech offers a chance for employment to everyone, as long as you can pass the tests. (Which they adequately prepare you for.) They pay for certifications, give you a desk, 6 weeks of paid training. They offer you opportunity. Job security is a joke however, since they only need large amounts of employees for Annual Election Period. (October - December)
Pros
Low stress, good hours
Cons
Job security
Great Managers and Great Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2016
The managers employed in Melbourne , FL were great and knew how to identify with their employees. The other employees are also great. The training was great and some of the best trainers I've seen. The only problem is the company seemed less concerned with their employees. I'm not talking about the managers, but the call center supervisors.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Higher ups care more about the money then the people
not a great place to work
Fraud dept for ussa (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 4, 2016
This is the worst Co I have worked for. And I have worked at several call centers of course this is a 3rd party vendor. for the work we did the pay was terrible.
Intersesting place to work
Customer Service Representative Anthem Blue Cross (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR 72401May 3, 2016
My typical day at work consists of quoting benefits, claim status, and other things. i learned a llot about health insurance. the management si great. coworkers are helpful. the hardest part is disappointed customers.most enjoyable is helping customers
Co-workers were a joy work around, occasional free lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 2, 2016
Usually started the day by reading the latest bulletins, and alerts, that kept us informed on the days current events, and changes to be aware of. I learned a lot about customer service. Classes were scheduled to help us understand the software we used and to improve our call handling ability with the friendly not so friendly customer. Our TM's for the most part, outstanding, but a few were not qualified for the position. Management above TM were harder to deal with, they had no problem putting you in your place; below them. The job wasn't that difficult for the most part, deescalating a difficult caller was challenging to say least, but not impossible. As for the Co-works, they made my day, good, and friendly highly skilled people. The most enjoyable helping customers. When you can see lights ot on and you can see their smile through the phone line, you've done a good job, and it makes you feel good.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
to many hoops to jump through to get time off to take care of personal matters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.