TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,733 reviews matching the search
Teletech is horrible.
Call Center Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 5, 2016
I felt like a number instead of a person to them. They hired us in bulk (hoarded us like cattle). We trained on the computer for nearly a month before entering the call center. They are way too tight on their scheduling. Could not clock in 5 minutes early, and a minute late, you were docked. Call center environment was too strict and they did not care about the employees, just the number of calls they could take. They also did not offer raises. You were hired at $10 and that was it.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment, management, supervision, time management
NOT Family Friendly
Cutomer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 21, 2016
I was told when I hired in that I would Not work weekend they started weekend shifts before I was out of training. I was told that they would work with me being a single mother and I would NOT have to work past 6PM I worked till 10PM at one time. I have been LIED to from Day one and I still get lied to on a daily bases. I have to have a Job to support my family and they DO NOT CARE Upper management if they/ their children are sick or family is in hospital they can take off. If you take time off your job is on the line because You can NOT miss work for those things. I Love My Co-Workers and the members we talk with are understanding for the most part. It can be hard when You talk to a member dealing with problems that you can not fix but you do what you can for them. There are good and bad days like with any job but if the Management did not look down on you so Hard like they have NEVER sat in your seat it would make the job much more enjoyable
Pros
GREAT Benefits
Cons
Not Family Friendly
Good work culture. Professional group of Agents
SME/Quality Assurance/Team Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL and Rockledge, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Great basic training through Teletech University; Opportunities available for promotions. Teletech reaches out for inbound calling needs as we refer to as Clients. Internal social culture for blogging. Learning different cultures within the Teletech locations. I was able to have training thru Webinars as Teachers were in Mexico and the Philippians as well as several sites in USA,
Pros
As a permanent employee great benefits, private social media for Teletech Gobal
Cons
Uncertainty of new Clients (Campaigns) being there when current campaigns end..
Work from home with no stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 30, 2016
Teletech makes themselves sound very appealing, with a work from home opportunity. Their pay is minimal and chance of getting a raise is extremely rare. They do not breed a culture of inclusivity and they have constant tech problems, no matter how good of a computer system you have. I constantly was in the top 5 agents and still had my hours cut from full time, to 30, to 20 to 16...always maintaining top 5 status. Also, your supervisor will change every month and you will be notified randomly of this, via e-mail. Schedules change frequently and they will give you VTO (voluntary time off) that's not voluntary. If you are looking for a job with regular hours, this is NOT for you. If you just need a small amount of extra cash, this may be ideal.
Pros
working from home
Cons
short breaks, supervisors adjust time stamps so you get less pay, constant technical issues
Avoid This Company
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Besides the insufficient training and lack of upper management support, a typical employee has to endure an increasing workload without increase in pay or ability to advance in the company. My advice to you if you do decide to gain employment here is whatever is said or offered to you, make sure it is in writing and be sure to read the fine print. Management has been known to go back on their word and blame others for these changes. Also be willing to live only for the company as they have no sympathy for your outside family or personal life. I would just avoid this company altogether.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
No advancement in company, Two-faced Management, No raises, Lack of Respect, Recognition, or Support by Management, Inability of Company to be flexible with family life
No concern for employees and no respect towards employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 2, 2016
Taking calls from members and applicants. Listening to operations manager on the walky talky shouting your name if you too long on a call. Floor support only helping agents they like or not having enough floor support to help agents. Having to ask your team lead to go to the bathroom. Break times are based on logging off the phone, instead of time clock. Time Clock is 1-2 minutes away from desk. Having 6 minutes to use the bathroom. Members are left on hold for sometimes hours because there are at least 20 people calling in, or trainees leaving after being on the floor for a few days. Some team leads and managers do not care about how hard an agent works. Constantly switching agents from team to team. Changing agents work hours without consulting agents first. The most ENJOYABLE part of the job is when it is time to go home and get paid. Teletech is constantly hiring because they can not keep people working there because of management.
Pros
work out room, paid time off, 401k, health benefits, nice break room
Cons
HORRIBLE management, no respect for employees, favoritism, short breaks, promoting agents and taking their jobs away within a weeks time.
Terrible
at home (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 21, 2016
Work at home employee for seasonal tax program support. Training is a joke, they have 1 trainer for about 50 employees who plays favorites. If you are the loudest blowhard in the class you will probably be promoted. It is a circus, people talking on the bridge, tvs blaring, yelling at kids, its a nightmare. Not to mention the labrynthian programs and systems you have to log into, 90% of which are not working at any given time. For a serious long term job look elsewhere. This company is a joke.

On the other hand for a quick couple paychecks this place is a perfect little pit stop. Can do laundry and dishes or whatever because nobody is paying attention to you while you are clocked in. Just make sure to have your speakers on full so if they call your name or ask you to "raise your hand" you dont miss it. So yeah grab a quick check or 2, maybe buy some groceries, fill up the tank or pay a bill or two but do NOT count on this company to be there for you in the long run.
Pros
work at home
Cons
absolutely horrible company
Overal Decent Company
Trainer Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Teletech is a good starting out company for an individual to gain some experience especially if they do not have any past experience. Teletech in itself is a call center that supports multiple businesses and has great potential. Some of the concern deals specificly with the amount of projects. It is often that a site will run multiple projects at the same time many of them being seasonal. The company has large recruitment drives for agents to become a teletech employee sometimes for a very short period of time before being let go. If there are positions on another project they will be able to shift to another project. There are no potential for raises and growth is extremely limited. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of new and friendly people that you can network with and grow outside of the company with.
Pros
Great potential, sites all over the country, different projects, great place to network and meet new people.
Cons
No real individual growth or pay raises avaialble, no job security.
Teletech is a Home away from Home
Workforce Senior Specialist (Scheduler) (Former Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 24, 2016
Teletech has provided great opportunities and growth in my Call Center/BPO career. Nurturing their talents and giving the benefits as seem fit to ones experience and capabilities. They make sure that employees are secure and safe with enough resources to unwind since call center industry have high stress work environment. Overall i wouldn't have stayed for a decade if i wasn't happy with the company
I would not recommend Teletech
Quality Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 25, 2015
The labor relation board needs to investigate Teletech sites and how management treats the employees. There is verbal abuse, ex, employees are told they are stealing from the company, management does not show respect, there is favoritism. When working at Teletech for any period of time, if will effect your health. When asked where I work, and I reply Teletech, people just look at me and say oh, that nasty place!! If Teletech would treat people with respect, Teletech would not have such a large turnaround. The management Teletech has working for each project needs to be reviewed & changed yearly.
Pros
Cons
micomanaged/management/only receive negative feedback/favortisim/no respect/pay rate/no raises, bonuses
Underpaid & Unrespected
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 26, 2015
After getting past the learning curve, the job was tolerable. Great coworkers for the most part and okay management. Every rule you learned was bound to get changed the next day and different coworkers, management included, will tell you conflicted information. For a company based around technology, it had horrible computer systems that would constantly crash. No pay raises or bonuses whatsoever. The desks were filthy and the cafeteria was subpar. What drew the line is when they cut everyone's weekly working hours from 40 to 28 indefinitely. Overall I highly do NOT recommend.
Pros
Willing work around school schedule & decent benefits
Cons
Sudden massive cut of hours & mediocre pay
MJ review
Customer Serrvice Agent (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 4, 2015
Answering inbound calls and providing excellent customer service to all. Learned how to become a call center rep and working for various companies soliciting their goods and services. Management is very knowledgeable and helpful on the call floor. Co-workers are people from all walks of life making it a diverse working environment. Calming an irate customer and being able to prevent escalated sup calls (supervisor intervention) is a superb feeling and gratifying experience. That's also the most enjoyable part of the day besides going home.
Pros
flexible schedules, pay incentives, easy to advance.
Cons
contractor, no benefits, no job security.
This job is convenient and close to home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 27, 2016
With this job there is a lot expected out of you for the pay of 10.00 per hour. No advancement and no pay raise. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you have no car or desperately looking for a job.
Pros
Work with you as far a scheduling
Cons
No pay raise
One day at work
Blue Link Safety and Security Agent (Current Employee) –  8123 S Hardy Dr, Tempe, AZ 85284January 20, 2016
Start up by opening over 6 programs to handle the 8 hour shift.
You are constantly learning about new procedures and processes applying them instantly in your calls, working in a fast pace environment with high subject to change. Hardest part of the job is the lack functions in specific tools needed to complete the job. Most enjoyable part of the day is discussing the resolutions provided to our customers which made them happy to be a consumer for a reputable company.
Pros
discounts, 401k
Cons
healthcare, hourly pay, PTO accrual, vacation accrual hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIApril 6, 2016
Very flexible hours compensation awesome,great for the stay at moms and dads. Looking to supplement income this is a great avenue,unlimited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Work in your pajamas
Cons
Work from home
Really interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARFebruary 4, 2016
\Atypical day at teletech is answering inbound calls with a friendly attitude. I learned how to service people with a smile and not assume without research. My coworkers were fun and always willing to help in my time of need. I really enjoyed the company contests and of course the fun days we would have through out the months.
Pros
interacting with different people and being able to help them ive healthier lives
Cons
no benefits as far as health vision or dental
Call center environment
Blue Link SOS/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I work in a call center environment for Hyundai Blue Link Safety and Security. A typical day consist of me taking anywhere from 10-40 calls per day for safety and security and also customer service inquiries and concerns. I am also simultaneously responding to 2 customer emails at a time during the calls. I have the most email production since I have started, on average I complete 10-20 a day in between calls.
Pros
2 breaks and 30 min lunch, great benefits
Cons
inconsistancy, turn over rate, the floor moral
unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 31, 2016
doesn't pay well, has untrained management and staff doesn't offer a raise to employees you working as a third party for major company's like blue cross blue shield
Pros
Cons
horrible job
One of the better Call Centers I've worked for.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 28, 2015
Working at Teletech has its pros and cons as does any job. Things I enjoy about working here are, the full time employee benefits, snack area, some of the other employees and the pay with certain companies. I do not agree with the management team whatsoever, simply because they are self centered and do not take into consideration the lives of their employees outside of work. For instance, if we have a medical emergency, they do not allow us off for it nor do they allow us to request time off ahead of time. I learned better ways to communicate with irate customers.
Pros
pay, ample overtime
Cons
management, no time off, inconsiderate management.
Decent place. Nice break room.
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 20, 2016
Eh, not much to say. It's a job that's really great with bonuses and great pay. However for some people it's just not the kind of work they're suited for. Your work is never done and it can be a confusing and hectic environment with software problems and hour + phone calls that hurts your statistics and can get you put in a "dunce" corner essentially.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Short breaks, lazy managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.