TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,629 reviews matching the search
Easy job.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2016
This is a very easy job. Unfortunately the management is not organized, you will get different answers to the same question from every supervisor.
Great part-time job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 17, 2016
Busy assisting clients with phone credits and troubleshooting issues. Co-workers and staff was great. Management was great. Really enjoyed this job.
Easy Money
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 15, 2016
This was an easy stay at home job, There is lots of technical aspects to this job. KNOW how to properly work a computer! Lots of training in depth and really fast. Be able to keep up
horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLMay 14, 2016
They had so many issues with the operating systems and the internet. The management was awful and the people were rude and the phones barely worked.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 13, 2016
This company was great to work for. The higher up management was exceptional in retaining its employees. However the team leads were not as encouraging to the staff. This position deals with a lot of angry customers so patience and understanding is definetly needed to work in this enviroment. If you are looking for a great company to work with and can avoid falling into the workplace drama this is the company to work with. They do offer great pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Not much support on floor and negative enviroment
Enjoyed trainers and co-workwers. Typical telecommunications.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
Work was cubicle telecommunications. I learned how a telecomm company operated. Management and co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement of time and having a script as well as only being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Tied to cubicle and phones and micromanagement of time.
not an encouraging company to work for
Revenue Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 10, 2016
This company had couldn't provide any real vision of a position but had high expectations based on no training for it.My direct manager was great, but the constant bullying from other managers was unbearable.
Pros
Lori Murray, great manager
Cons
discouraging company overall
Banking Specialist
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2016
The company of Teletech is not the best company i have worked for. The pay and benefits are one of the best in springfield however myself and a few of my coworkers since have left due to the poor efforts to work with their employees personal lives.
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
Opportunity
UnitedHealthCare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2016
While the pay is lower than others in the same field, TeleTech offers a chance for employment to everyone, as long as you can pass the tests. (Which they adequately prepare you for.) They pay for certifications, give you a desk, 6 weeks of paid training. They offer you opportunity. Job security is a joke however, since they only need large amounts of employees for Annual Election Period. (October - December)
Pros
Low stress, good hours
Cons
Job security
Great Managers and Great Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2016
The managers employed in Melbourne , FL were great and knew how to identify with their employees. The other employees are also great. The training was great and some of the best trainers I've seen. The only problem is the company seemed less concerned with their employees. I'm not talking about the managers, but the call center supervisors.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Higher ups care more about the money then the people
not a great place to work
Fraud dept for ussa (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 4, 2016
This is the worst Co I have worked for. And I have worked at several call centers of course this is a 3rd party vendor. for the work we did the pay was terrible.
Intersesting place to work
Customer Service Representative Anthem Blue Cross (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR 72401May 3, 2016
My typical day at work consists of quoting benefits, claim status, and other things. i learned a llot about health insurance. the management si great. coworkers are helpful. the hardest part is disappointed customers.most enjoyable is helping customers
Co-workers were a joy work around, occasional free lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 2, 2016
Usually started the day by reading the latest bulletins, and alerts, that kept us informed on the days current events, and changes to be aware of. I learned a lot about customer service. Classes were scheduled to help us understand the software we used and to improve our call handling ability with the friendly not so friendly customer. Our TM's for the most part, outstanding, but a few were not qualified for the position. Management above TM were harder to deal with, they had no problem putting you in your place; below them. The job wasn't that difficult for the most part, deescalating a difficult caller was challenging to say least, but not impossible. As for the Co-works, they made my day, good, and friendly highly skilled people. The most enjoyable helping customers. When you can see lights ot on and you can see their smile through the phone line, you've done a good job, and it makes you feel good.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
to many hoops to jump through to get time off to take care of personal matters
Customer service advocate
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 2, 2016
My day at Teletech was always stressful. the co workers were great to be around but the management team seem like they didn't care. the work that we all had to do wasn't worth the pay. The best part of the day was at the end of the shift...
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Premium Team Case Manager.
Premium/Luxury Equus and Genesis Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZApril 28, 2016
I am responsible for providing a concierge like service to Hyundai's Premium (Genesis) and Luxury (Equus) owners. This may involve anything from arranging valet service for maintenance (Equus), product information, dealer complaints, service complaints, mechanical concerns, legal threats, PIR etc.,.

I find the job to be rewarding despite a severe lack of tools and empowerment to fully provide such services. Our Team is motivated and strives to exceed customer expectations and reach amiable resolutions in all cases. My teammates are simply a joy to work around. We achieve wins far more often than not.

That lack of tools and empower is not so much TeleTech's error but rather the Client for business reasons not communicated fully. That is not to say that the Client does not want to be recognized as a leader in the industry- they do. Simply means the tools are not present and could simply be a learning curve situation. However, that in turn causes management to focus more on numbers not wholly relevant to the task at hand and less on soft skills and positive coaching to truly achieve what Premium/Luxury customers look for with such services and to fully treat them as such. In short more a mass market mentality and less a premium market mentality. This shall hopefully change as the Client learns more of the market and develops the strategies and tactics needed to be a Premium brand.

The most difficult part of the job is when one cannot reach the ideal solutions for the customer and the client.

What I have learned is simple. Premium service is not merely a statement
  more... but a proactive endeavor to provide an experience that invites the customer to come back and remain loyal to the brand simply because not only were expectations met but those needs not said were as well.  less
Pros
The team and teammates.
Cons
healthcare and many policies that simply do not engender a fully positive work experience.
Great Trainer But Poor Company Values
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 28, 2016
I had an exceptional trainer who made the job seem like it was going to be something that, while difficult, was going to be worthwhile and fun. However, once I passed initial training, I was treated very poorly by my nesting trainer and the overall flow of the company left a lot to be desired.

There were 18 of us going out onto the floor after initial training and the company was more concerned about filling the floor occupancy than giving the newbies the help they needed considering none of us had never actually taken a call and had a combined 2 hours of listening into actual calls. Our nesting trainer was rarely around to provide help and when someone did come over to help us, they themselves didn't know the answer. With 18 of us raising our hands for help, 2 people were available at any random time.

In addition to the terrible help we got, employees are required to clock out to even use the restroom. Now, given that a lot of the people working here were older and disabled, it felt unfair to them that they should take a dive in their earned wages due to their age or ability to move quickly.

The equipment we were forced to use, since they did not allow employees to bring in their own equipment such as headphones, was extremely poor quality. The computers ran off a tower with the computing capacity of a cell phone, so service was slow and sometimes the computer crashed entirely during a call because it ran out of memory. The headsets we were forced to use made it hard to hear the member calling in and it was also hard for the member to hear me. The amounts of times
  more... I was told they could not hear me with my microphone volume all the way up was too much.

Overall, the initial training was the best time I had at this company. I would not recommend anyone working for this company unless they absolutely needed the paycheck and could put up with the immense amount of stress and the fact that the wrong people are put in charge of such an important company.

This company values their money more than they value both their employees and the people their employees are trying to help.
Pros
Great Trainer
Cons
Poor Equipment, Poor Company Values.
Apply at your own risk.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 28, 2016
Complex scheduling,(You need to plan 1 month in advance)
Possible reduced hours, poor pay(You never will get a raise)
Pay for performance decreases yearly. (The ONLY incentive)
There is little to no room for advancement.(Pretty much stuck in the same position)
Favoritism over Performance/Sonority
Pros
Its a paying job.
Cons
The frequent shift-bids/pay/location
Paid Training & Met Expectation
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 27, 2016
I started off with Tele Tech knowing I was walking into a temporary position , to gain knowledge and training in Insurance sales and customer service in this call center . The Training itself was a month long which led to successfully passing the state exam for licensing and there on I spent the remainder of the position during open-enrollment in a call-center setting taking leads and closing policies. My one wish was that my time at Teletech wasn't a temporary position , I enjoyed it very much and the pay itself was great.
No one is safe
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 26, 2016
I saw a great Team Lead get fired for no apparent reason. The Team Lead was very helpful and always at work even stayed late. The next thing I knew the desk was cleaned out and the Team Lead no longer there.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management