TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 1,079 reviews matching the search
Great Place To Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  MorgantownJuly 22, 2014
Hello everyone,my name is Aazzee and I first want to start off by saying that I cannot believe at times that a job as great as this one exists on this earth.Teletech is by far the best job and company I have ever worked for.No other job compares.This job is definitely taking for granted and under-appreciated by many of people that no longer work here,so I am delighted to say nothing but magnificent things about Teletech since I honestly have nothing negative to say about the place.I do realize that everything I just stated was an opinion so let me go ahead and state some facts about Teletech.Teletech is one of the most flexible jobs you will ever come across,I've seen people work as low as 15 hours a week to as high as 59 hours in a week(depending on if they have overtime available-which they do majority of the time).You also can choose the days of the week that you want to work and set the hours of the week that you want to work as well.For example,if you work 30 hours a week such as myself,you can split that up into three 10 and a half hour shifts and have 4 days off or two 10 and a half our shifts and two 5 hour shifts and have 3 days off or five 6 hour shifts and have 2 days off.Whatever is suitable for you and fits your needs,Teletech will do their very best to accommodate you.They also offer the ability to flex your schedule.For example,if you work 30 hours a week and you normally work those hours on Monday,Tuesday,and Wednesday but for some reason your not able to make it into work for those days,Teletech will allow you to move those 3 days you normally work to 3 days  more... later in the week.Now on the flip side if you normally work Friday,Saturday,and Sunday and you are not able to make it in for those days,Teletech will allow you to move those days to earlier in the week so you can be able to have those days off.So in essence you can work your required hours on different days as long as you do it in the same week.I really hope at this point I am not boring you with my review but I am barely scratching the surface about all the amazing things that Teletech offers.Speaking of amazing,Teletech always has some type of amazing incentive going on.The last incentive they had; they paid everyone that worked overtime on the weekend $18.88 for every hour they worked.They've had so many different incentives in the 21 months that I have been here that it'll blow your mind,but 1 of my favoriot incentives they had was:They gave a 2 minute timed shopping spree at a grocery store to a employee who worked the most overtime between a certain period of time and during that 2 minute shopping spree this particular employee was able to fill up 2 shopping carts with all meat products.The total came out to more than $1400 and this employee still has meat in his freezer from that shopping spree lol.If your not too fond of that incentive,there are plenty other incentives that they have that Im sure you'll love because Teletech literally spoils their employees.Another thing I love about Teletech is that they do not have bosses breathing down your neck and they also have a 5 strikeout rule in most cases.The 5 strikeout rule is actually a name I came up with but that's essentially what it is,so here's how it works:In most cases if you do something that deserves a write up they'll give you a verbal warning(1st strike),if you do it again,they'll give you a 1st warning(2nd strike),if you do it again,they'll give you a 2nd warning(3rd strike),if you do it again,they'll give you a 3rd warning(4th strike),if you do it again,you'll be terminated because that is the 5th strike.So its basically 5 strikes and your out.Now keep in mind there are 2 type of write ups you can receive.It'll either be for attendance or behavior and both of them carry the 5 strikeout rule.However if you get a warning for attendance and you get a warning for behavior,those 2 do not become a 2nd warning,instead they'll be listed as 1 warning for behavior and 1 warning for attendance,so technically it could take you a total of 9 warnings to get terminated and even when you're on your last warning,Teletech only keeps you on it for 60 days then your warnings reset back to 0.Now I don't know about you but I have never heard or came across a job that is so lenient.It is unbelievable how many chances they give you to pull yourself together to get back on track,so I say that to say this;if you get fired from Teletech more than likely it's because you didn't care and didn't want to work there any longer.Its not going to be because of Teletech.Now moving on,Teletech has been around in Morgantown for about 13 years I believe.They also are in a contract with a Fortune 500 company in Bank of America,so if job security is a concern of yours,you definitely have it at Teletech.They also offer the opportunity to move up rather quickly in the company,which means higher salary.They also offer very affordable benefits and 401k plans as well.Teletech is a great place to work because the employees and managers here are very down to earth and none of the managers abuse their power.In fact,the managers here cannot say the words,"Your Fired" because everything has to go through a step by step protocol as I mentioned earlier in this review.They are also very easy going with the dress code and that is something else I definitely love about this job.This job also involves no labor work so you'll never be huffing and puffing around here.Teletech is also disability friendly and they also give you $300 if you refer a friend that stays with the company for at least 60 days.Let me not forget to mention that Teletech gives you roughly about 3 PTO(Paid Time Off)hours for every 2 weeks worked.That equates to about 75 paid hours in a year that you can use whenever.They also pay you during your training and payday is every other Thursday by direct deposit into your checking account.Now as far as the pay,I personally believe it is very respectable due to the incentives and the overtime that they normally offer.Another big factor for me with the pay is that;Teletech treats you so well that I would much rather work here for less than for a company that pays you more but treats you like,"you know what"!Teletech even recognizes you on you birthday and on your yearly anniversary with the company.This place is beyond awesome!They also are a second chance company which means if you have to leave the company for whatever reason they'll normally rehire you again as long as you didn't leave on bad terms.All in all,Teletech is one of the best places you'll ever work,so please come join us and the Teletech family because we'll love to have you here!  less
Pros
everything!
Cons
no cons

Comment – October 30, 2015

Thank you so much! We are delighted that you are enjoying work at TeleTech! Keep up the good work and may you always reach for amazing!

Not For Everyone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 17, 2012
Typical day was taking inbound calls from customers in order to troubleshoot and resolve problems for a telecommunications company, which I found very rewarding and challenging. However, we were expected to resolve these issues within 7 minutes, which could explain why loads of the cases I worked with had been escalated and passed around for days at a time without a resolution. I didn't always stick to that 7 minute rule because as a consumer, I always tried to treat my customers the way I would want to be treated. This did not help me as far as quality assurance went. haha However, I loved the magic that I did (being respectful, courteous, ignoring insults and threats) that even the most difficult customers were no longer difficult by the time I got through with them.

I was shocked when I finally began taking calls how little 4 weeks of training really helped with what I needed to do in order to help resolve customer issues. I was lost, and it seems that Teletech not only expects, but accepts this. If during training we were able to constantly do simulated calls, learning how to resolve them, instead of just the very basic skills, and practicing, practicing, practicing how to find what we needed on the various screens, rather than focusing on a "fun" environment and literally playing "games" that had little to do with our essential job functions that we would need, I really believe that we could have had some well-trained agents before we even hit the floor.

It seemed to me the the best supervisors were the ones that were appreciated the least by the client, and by Teletech.
  more... Another thing that was disappointing was when I needed some advice from certain (male) supervisors in order to help a customer and had to wait longer for help because they seemed to gravitate to sweet young things that they could lean their bodies up against while they were helping them. *rolls eyes* If supervisors don't take their jobs seriously, how can they expect those that they supervise to take their jobs seriously?

No problem with my coworkers but it was amazing to me that a call center would hire so many agents that could not even speak correct basic English.

The hardest part of the job was that I felt like I was selling my soul to the company store every time I had to lie to a customer and tell them I didn't know why this happened, when the truth was, someone was just too lazy or unconcerned to help them when they had called previously. Also, I really did not find the motto "It's not (the client's) fault, when in fact there were times that it was the client's fault and by denying it, it was not helping anyone. I have a conscience, and I have morals that conflicted with this habitually lying and being deceptive and trying to cover up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the day I had enough, packed up my things, and walked out the door.
Pros
challenging, pay, benefits
Cons
training, shift changes constantly, teletech holdings, inc.

Comment – October 30, 2015

Thanks for the review! We'll include your comments in our monthly meeting and see how we can improve our process and training further.

Decent place to work if you are just looking for a paycheck and want to deal with a lot of hassle and stress.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAFebruary 7, 2013
The company itself is OK at best. Training however is horrible, for my particular project there was 3 weeks of training which included 1 whole week of learning about TeleTech itself (which was a complete waste of time but at least you get 1 weeks pay for basically learning nothing) and then 2 weeks of "learning" about how to do the actual job that I and my training class was hired for. We had one time where we were able to "Y-Cord" with another experienced representative for about 30 minutes. The representatives we were "Y-Cording" with were navigating around the system so fast that we really learned nothing. During training there was no actual hands on training about how to use the system that we were going to use. Only training about how to use something called "IOP" which really was never of any help even though we were essentially required to use "IOP" on every call. Supervisors don't really ever want to help they just say "just call help line". There were maybe 1 or 2 supervisors that were actually willing to help. You get transferred from team to team without any notice. You get MTO (mandatory time off) and are sent home 20 minutes after you arrive for your shift. The pay was decent but not nearly enough for the stress that you have to deal with. To be honest I would rather be unemployed than work 1 more day at TeleTech. Training 3 weeks does not help at all. They are more concerned with pleasing the "client" than pleasing their employees. You get written up for getting the flu and not being able to work, or maybe your child or loved one or even yourself might be in the  more... hospital but you still get written up. The company is too concerned with meeting numbers and MSAT goals which MSATs are uncontrollable and it is at the discretion of the member to take these surveys or not. The company criticizes you all the time on your calls and how well or how bad you did. Also you have to deal with members cursing at you and yelling at you even though you have done nothing wrong to them. It was however a pleasure to assist members of the United States Military and former members of the Military. The supervisors expect you to be logged on to your station within 2 minutes of clocking in even though it seems to take about 20 minutes or so for the systems to load which makes no sense at all and then they wonder why you are in Aux 2 for so long. Basically with this job there is no training, you are thrown into the mix without knowing how to do anything and you just learn how to use the system on your own as each call comes in. Hands down the worst place I have ever worked at, and I used to work at a car wash as a teenager.  less
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
hmm basically everything
To stressful, not enough help,pay, and flexibility.
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2013
I worked at this job as a temp for the BestBuy rewards program and it is the most demanding stressful job I have ever worked for. For starters when you think of working at home you think of flexibility well I don't know how other work at home jobs are, but TeleTech has left a sour taste in my mouth. I have worked in a call center before, so I kind of had an idea what to expect, but this job is nothing like a normal call center, although you are suppose to be able to do the same thing. They will tell you it's flexible hours but that's a bunch of crock after the 3 week training which includes 2 week training with ur trainer and 1 week of inbound call training, you start to receive calls on issues you were never trained on and you only get minimal if any help, and then when you don't know something and there's an irate customer on the line you can't just transfer them to a supervisor, instead you have to keep the irate customer on the line while you chat with the coaches and you have to practically beg a coach to take the call before they take it, but they will only take it once they tell you everything that common sense has already told you to tell the customer, honestly on two occasions I hung up on customers because I was so frustrated with being cussed out over changes that happened before I even started working with them and I tried to explain what I was told to say to the customers while desperately waiting for a coach to take the call, and to top it off they listen and hear everything yet they don't intervene. Add that in with my hours starting at 2:30pm and ending anywhere  more... from 6:30-8:30 and I was scheduled for every weekend mind you I am a single mother and my kids are home from school between 3pm and 4:30 and the only way you get to switch your hours is to post it and hope someone picks them up. There is no one to talk to when you need to take off, and everyday there are like over 10 emails you get about the new rules.
Honestly there is so much BS with this job, there is no flexibility unless your a trainer or coach, there aren't any hours, there's no proper management, it's just a big mess.
Oh yea also there is mandatory extra training that's after the intial training with TeleTech University(TTU) that takes hours and days to complete but you're expected to complete it and more than half of the time you can't finish it on company time because you have to get permission from the coaches to enter TTU to complete the training and they usually don't let you, so you have to do it on your own time which really means when you're off the clock and not getting paid for it.
Cons
inflexible, stressful, poor management, poor assistance, low pay.
Apply for a job. Find a career...somewhere else!
Member Service Rep, Credit Cards, USAA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 22, 2013
Was happy to finally get a job in this economy, but this place was so awful I chose to quit and be unemployed again (& not eligible for unemployment) rather than suffer any longer.

Training was 3 weeks of nonsense: Learned about corporate info (TT & USAA) but nothing about job. Learned duties ON the job with customers on hold for as much as 15-30 minutes while I consulted their "IOP" guidelines and/or called the Helpline. This is encouraged. I actually learned HOW to use their phone browser while on live calls!

Floor leads are a joke. You're supposed to do everything through them (computer issues, schedule, payroll issues, etc) but they NEVER respond. Yet they spend a huge amount of time "disciplining" for things you were never told in the first place. They also don't agree with each other on rules. "Good" employees get exceptions (I was one of those) while those lower on metrics get the full brunt of the policy.

Speaking of metrics, their Empower system is never correct during the month. At the end of the month when they tally results, your metrics tend to drop such that you don't qualify for their performance bonus. Seriously. I got 1 monthly 10% bonus in 6 months despite 100% on member surveys and doing everything they require. Well, everything I knew about. They don't inform new employees of basic things that affect the bonus. I believe they do this on purpose to not have to pay the bonuses. I was in the top tier 5 out of 6 months and got ONE bonus!

Finally, the Springfield facility is absolutely FILTHY. The shared workspaces are NEVER cleaned. There is black stuff staining
  more... the ceiling near the air vents that they clean off but it comes back. If you want to stay well, you have to clean the desk/keyboard/mouse OFF THE CLOCK before shift. Saw a roach in my assigned locker & you have to use them for your phone/purse. I was out sick a total of 1 month in 6, had to pay for a doctor multiple times, took 6 rounds of antibiotics (a pricey one because whatever bug is there is a strong one), and even got "disciplined" for missing work! They encourage people to work sick by punishing you for missing even 1 day, and if you miss more than 1 day in a month you do not get that bonus I spoke of.

Oh, and they didn't pay my last bonus (metrics showed I qualified on the last day of the month before they fiddled with the stats), accumulated PTO, or MSAT bonus for my last month of work. Have tried calling HR multiple times but never get a return call.
Pros
it's a paycheck; medical ($3000 deductible), dental, vision after 1-2 months
Cons
shared work spaces never cleaned so get sick regularly, cheat you out of performance bonuses, training is a joke & so are floor leads.
Disappointed in the outcome
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 21, 2015
If it were not for the unfairness used in judging for those who are offered a "steady state" position, I would rate this branch 5 stars across the board. However, after working so hard and always volunteering to work extra hours as well as providing excellent customer service (which I was acknowledged for by several consumers and the VP of UHC), it has ended up being a huge mistake. I could be working for another company working regular hours and receiving benefits. I was told and believed that my hard work would land a steady job with the company. As a competitive person the number of my enrollments remained in the top 3 or 4 reps which also included percentage values. I don't understand how they determine who stays and who doesn't. And, not being judgmental but their are only a few of the leaders and coaches chosen who are professional; not just in UHC but in all of the groups.

In addition I cannot understand why they let the good ones go after spending so much money to obtain licenses. Especially those of us who are licensed in 50 States and DC. Also, those of us who are seasoned and have been trainers, managers and leaders in the past.

It also seems odd that through the entire AEP our stats were continuously monitored and the only person who received any recognition was the one who had the most enrollments the last week.

I wonder if the problem may be management doesn't want competition themselves so they keep those who are just minimal employees? The way things are managed and how decisions are made is not something any of us understand. Plus, we never receive
  more... an answer that is solid so we are always left wondering.

In saying all of this I am saddened that my time with the company is almost nearing a close. I truly do love working there and love the people. I just don't get it. I had looked forward to working for Teletech until time to retire. Yes, I could move to another project but I have been an insurance agent for years and Medicare is my passion. I love helping people. I will be sadly moving on and because of the instability of a future with the xompany, I will not attempt to return for future AEP with Teletech.

In closing, I do appreciate all that has been provided for me while working at Teletech. It has only helped me to achieve more training and certifications as well as being licensed in all States tes and DC. it will definitely provide me with a greater opportunity for my future career endeavors. My only wish is that it could be climbing the ladder for Teletech.
Pros
Many!! Learning, certifications, multiple licensing, great bonuses and great people
Cons
No future
Beck and call work at home job
Customer Service Rep - Temporary Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2014
I worked the Electronic Retailers desk. I did really like actually helping customers. Once you finally get a handle on the work it was a great way to spend your working hours. That was the best part of the job.

The scheduled hours are horrible. When you apply for the job they say 20 hours a week. I have never had a schedule of 20 hours after my training class was completed except for having volunteered for a project. My normal schedule was 16 hours a week. You might be scheduled for a 3 hour shift and then given mandatory time off after 30 min on the clock. You might think to have no commute would be great but it took anywhere from 10 to 20 mins to get logged into about 8 different applications just to get started. That's time you aren't paid for. After the end of your shift you have to do a report which requires you to log into a few more applications for your stats. Again that is done on your own time. So considering the time it takes to log in and the time it takes to do your end of shift report on the day of working 30 mins I gave them more time than I got paid for. If you leave work early you have to explain yourself even if it was the company that gave you mandatory time off. One week I had less than 10 hours of work.

Training on the actual applications you have to use is a joke. They focus mainly on how to make sales rather than give you the knowledge required to do the job. No practical application until you were actually on the phone taking live calls. You're given job aids but since you have no print function available you have no way to access them other than keeping
  more... the email and looking it up when you need it....all while you have a customer on the phone. And then you are hounded about your average handling time for your phone calls. When you have an angry customer you are strongly encouraged to placate them even if they keep asking for a supervisor and keep it all under 7 mins per phone call. Oh, and at Christmas time the desk I worked was thrown into sales calls with absolutely NO TRAINING WHATSOEVER.

Applications go down at regular intervals. You can be on the phone with a customer and all of a sudden you are kicked out of the system and the customer is disconnected. Then you have another 5 to 10 mins of logging back into all the applications

No health Insurance, no vacation pay, no sick days. You use your own equipment and internet connection with no compensation at all.
Pros
helping the customers
Cons
too many to say
Don not work for this company
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 6, 2012
This company is the worst that I have ever worked for. They use their employees just to fulfill their contracts with vendors, once they have fulfilled their requirements, they lure you on with false hopes of having a permanent pt job with them. Their leads and supervisors are as useless as a 3 dollar bill, I know this because I worked for them, here is one example of their bad leadership, I had a client on the phone who had cancelled her order and was not credited back her funds to her credit card after 3 days as promised, she was so Irate that she demanded to speak with a supervisor.I informed the lead that was covering of the facts in this ladies case and how she wanted to speak with a supervisor, he stated to enter all information into her case file and put into the que to be reviewed and sent to a supervisor, I did this as requested by him. After waiting with client on phone for 15 minutes, I once again asked fro a reply from the lead, he stated that I had entered the data wrong into the file and to re do this, I informed him that I have done this same procedure several times before and asked him to review it once again, he said he would, this time I waited for 25 minutes for a response, in the mean time another agent asked to have her info reviewed and sent to a supervisor. I looked at her info and noticed it was identical to mine except different clients, the lead forwarded her response to a supervisor extension for review with client. I was furious with the lead and informed him that my clients issues and the other agents issues were the same, I was on the phone at this  more... point with my client for over 40 minutes and the client was very upset that I did not put her through to a supervisor, I informed her that I was still waiting for approval from the lead. After several attempts with the lead he stated that all was fine with my client info and to go ahead and place her into the supervisor extension.I told him that I was not pleased by what he did because I was only allowed to be on the phone with a client for six minutes, this stunt that he pulled would affect my time with all my previous cases for the day, he said he did not care. I informed him that I would report him which I did, 2 days later I het an email to attended a conference call, I was let go by this horrible company for something some one else did.  less
Cons
too many to mention
Great culture and facility with a lot of promise.
TELESALES LICENSED AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 27, 2013
Enter facility and visit locker before going onto the floor. Clock in after accessing the necessary sites to perform daily tasks. Work with two breaks and a short lunch period before leaving for the day. I have learned not to feel that others have your best interest at heart nor completely understand how much you are willing to do in order to work and be a valued employee. I loved most of my co-workers however I learned that younger employees do have the same level of integrity when it come to working and getting paid for what you are expected to do daily. The lack of work ethic should be addressed and any level of favoritism should not be recognized. I do understand that I came up in a time where the workplace was operated differently so I have to admit that their mode of operation may be the best manner for them. I also believe that formulating positive work attitudes can be a long-term benefit for all involved.

The most dificult part of my day was trying to communicate with a caller with a lot of noise and discussions being held all around you. Many persons are hard to heard initially and not pleased with the noise they hear over the call. I understood the morale building effort however while holding a conversation I would have appreciated that all would be expected to be mindful of the work going on.

My most rewarding part of my work at TeleTech was being able to not only help someone to understand Medicare and our products but to also get them enrolled and reassure them that they are taken care of today and in the future by United Healthcare. I would not trade that for
  more... anything because I know we connected and they were treated like a fellow human being who needed a little help for clarity by someone who truly understands how they feel and can relate, really relate.

I enjoyed my work with TeleTech and would like to work for them again if offered the chance under suitable circumstances as I believe that their global outreach is a super plus to a long standing company that can do a lot for the public and their employees through service and opportunity to grow.
Pros
very motivated group, provided workout facility which is a great thing; worked to provide incentives/prizes
Cons
not very forthcoming with regards to the true status of jobs which was a problem.
Not for Everyone
MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 21, 2015
Q: What is a typical day like?

A: On a typical day, you will receive calls from some of the most easy-going people you will ever experience in a call center work environment. You may also have to deal with people who are dealing with issues that do not have anything to do with you, but that will affect people's attitudes towards you.

Q: What have you learned?

A: This job isn't about you and that's OK. Your team lead will work with you if you have extenuating circumstances, and you have benefits that help with medical issues and life insurance. A 401 k is also available for Part time and full time, but remember, at the end of the day you are here because you want to help people.

Q: Management

A: The managers I have had and dealt with, at least on the security side of things, are amazing. They are incredibly understanding and the only reason they really get upset is because their stats rely on your performance. If you show up and are sincere, you'll be fine.

Q: Coworkers?

A: Depends on what your group of friends looks like. The best part about the people who work here, they're diverse. Sure, people are people, you may run into someone you don't like, but it's easy to find people you can confide in. They work hard, they learn from you and you from them.

Q: The hardest part of the job

A: When someone calls you and tells you their significant other has died, when someone calls you and tells you their significant other ran off with someone else and took all of their money and they need to feed their children, when someone calls and tells you the have
  more... been diagnosed with PTSD, when someone calls and explains it is nice to have someone to talk to because their children don't talk to them anymore. People are people, we just want to be heard and understood. Sometimes it's hard to understand.

Q: The most enjoyable part of the job

A: Knowing that what you do on a day to day basis is bigger than just bagging groceries, or getting yelled at about a phone. At the end of the day you are protecting the people who make this country a safer place.
Pros
401k, health benefits, free fitbit, (5/21/2015) $250 sign on bonus when you say you were referred by a current employee, VTO (voluntary time off), PTO (paid time off), pay for holidays (even if you don't work on them)
Cons
Stats rely on average handle time, member surveys, and QA assessments
Work From Home
Was a customer service agent (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 29, 2015
I put a review on here but I guess it won't get posted.

I applied for a job with this company because they stated they're flexible and will work around your schedule. Cool! So I get the job because my computer met the requirements. I go to take the drug test and I attend the orientation. From there things go downhill fast.

The orientation is over the phone and it lasts 8 hours. Unfortunately for me it lasted longer because you had people who couldn't get in. Passwords not working, computers were kicking people out of the program...When I started it was 49 people so imagine how roll call was.

The following week was training. The class diminished quick. That was a nightmare. It was still the same: people getting kicked out of the program, passwords weren't working and slow internet on a lot of days.
The stuff we were suppose to be training for was hard to do because we couldn't actually do any hands on training.

I found out last week that the company Teletech works through is short staffed so we have to go in a week earlier than we were suppose to. We also had to learn how to take sales orders when our dept. is strictly for rewards.

So when the time came for everyone to get their schedule I noticed I didn't get the schedule I applied for. I wanted a M-F shift and I got MWFSS instead. I was told I could swap with someone. Who wants to work on Sundays??? I told my team leader that I didn't ask for weekend shifts and they told me weekends were mandatory. Needless to say they wouldn't work around my schedule like they said.

They're going to throw the class
  more... out there on Friday and the teacher is just now showing us how to work the program with the phones and we can't get the hands on we have to listen to her tell us how it works.

They don't work around your schedule. The training-if you can call it that isn't hands on and you get one break and a 30 minute lunch.
Forget calling support. They're rude and if you're on the phone with them past 10 minutes you don't get paid. Even if it's a problem on their end.
Pros
Paid training, teacher was uber patient
Cons
Don't get paid if you're with technical support after 10 minutes, training sucks, won't work around your schedule, throwing people out there blind, there's no PTO or vacations, you can't get off for medical reasons, it goes on and on
Call Center
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 28, 2013
A typical day was spent fixing debit cards, ordering checks, going over accts with members etc. I learned a lot about how debit cards can work with different companies when given in a pre-authorization . Also the ways official checks work, interest rates, loans, etc. I learned a lot about internet banking and how to walk members though the process as well.
My Management team was grate, always there to help you should you have any questions, they actually encouraged you to ask witch was nice you never felt bad or stupid for asking. They always wanted you to have as much info as they could give. They encouraged team work ,advancement, and had lots of info about healthy benefits that were available to use.
My co-workers were so much fun. Again team work was awesome, everyone was always willing to help each other as much as possible. It was a call center so there was not a hole lot of conversation between while on the phones, but during down times and or breaks some funny stories or little jokes were exchanged. It was nice and comfortable.
For me I feel that the hardest part was talking to all the military members and their families. Hearing their stories and sometimes the sadness in their voices was hard. Not being able to help in some way , or just hearing about how strong they have stayed despite the losses and hardships. It was heartbreaking and a choked up on more then one occasion. Also sitting unable to move for several hours at a time. Im a mover. I much rather get up and find a file or send a fax then do it all from a chair.
The most enjoyable was almost same as the hardest.
  more... Being able to help those people in any small way. All that they have done for us and our country, it was on honor to help in anyway possible. The company's mission statement was "going above, for those that have gone before" and they truly meant it and strived for it. I was so proud to work for a company that stated they cared and also backed that statement 110%.  less
Pros
helping people
Cons
sitting still for so long without being able to move
Unbelievably unprofessional, unorganized and uncooth WFH program
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Work From HomeJanuary 19, 2013
If Best Buy closes it's doors, you can all thank Teletech for it. I don't know what years past looked like but I know, firsthand, that the 2012-2013 Holiday season was a fiasco. The training was unorganized, inadequate, and Hugely ineffective. Teletech hired a half billion (slightly exaggerating) agents then allowed us to run around like newly decapitated chickens, looking for answers to Best Buy customer questions and concerns. There was no support in production. Team leaders are rude, carnivorous and uncooth. The pay is minimal, the incentives promised were renigged on, and scheduling a joke. Our agents worked hard to make sure Best Buy customers made Christmas/Hannukkah for their families, while our families did without. There is nowhere other than Teletech, that an employee can show up everyday, on time for work for two weeks and bring home less than 50 dollars compensation. MTO's Mandatory Time off was rampant and haphazzardly administered. Example. I take 20 minutes to sign on to all systems, work 18 minutes, am MTO"d for the remainder of my shift because of "low call volume". 20 minutes after signing out, an email alert goes out to asking agents to "jump on" because of "high call volume". Sounds silly enough but the real joke is that the 30 or more agents who were sent "home", who would otherwise still be working are not among the agents allowed to "jump on"-the system prohibits those agents from signing in. So while I lose 4 hours of pay another agent is allowed to earn an undetermined about of extra-hours. To add insult to injury, agents who did not make the "grade"  more... though, it was never clear what "grade" was were shuffled into "confidential" phone meeting, many of us in the middle of our shifts, and laid off. Any agents whose shift we agreed to cover for left in jeopardy of a NCNS because we were not allowed to inform them they that needed to find alternate arrangements.  less
Pros
very low standards
Cons
inconsiderate and inhumane
An honest review
CSR (Former Employee) –  Eastern AreaFebruary 13, 2015
I hate reviews which are as negative as mine; you have to wonder about the person. However...I am a calm, stable, non-dramatic person who has a good attitude about life and bends dramatically to perform my job duties. For me to say these things...means something. I have never been asked to perform a job for which i did not have proper training or at least basic training. This is the WORST educational training I have EVER been through. Managers tell you it is okay to do something but when you get "caught" they turn on you. The client dictates what TT does and when the client looks, TT screams like a banchee to scalp all those dirty rats. The client randomly goes through the place removing 1/4 of the people, even those fresh out of class (it happened at least 3 times in four years-I watched it).
I was offered $11.xx (graduating bonuses from there) and hour, and one week later, having already started classes, jacked that down to $9.xx because the entire center was being penalized for low scores - If you are asked to hire at one wage and they switch it...hmmm. Years later, they "wanted to bring incomes up to industry standards" and offered $12.xx but removed 1/4 of the people-again. It is not uncommon to be the last remaining member of your class just 6 months into the job.
FOR THE BALANCED ANSWER....One manager placed the record straight when he mentioned, however, that he had been in this business umpteen years, that almost all telephone call centers were run like this, and one should expect this out of the Tel.Cal.Centers. Judging on the overly-harsh comments on other local T.C.Centers,
  more... I think he was right. SO HERE'S THE BALANCE...If you need a job, go ahead and start, but be prepared to step away asap because telling your next employer "I was fired from my last job" is not a good thing. Also, approximately 15% of the people become managers or are the lucky few that do well in the T.C.Center. If you are one of those, if you people-please, and you are techie-mined, you will be happy; for a while.  less
Cons
everything
Teletech Review
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 18, 2013
A typical day at work would start with accessing outlook to review your calender and check emails. Daily responsibilities would include meeting with agents for one on one coaching sessions, uploading team stats to the team sharepoint site, completing team payroll, completing call monitors (listening and scoring agent calls), scheduling future agent coaching sessions, updating and sending out any reports that are assigned to you (through email), processing time off requests, processing schedule change requests, and managing real time schedule adherence (making sure your agents are on the phones and taking calls when they are supposed to be). Management provides good feedback and is supportive. I have a great working relationship with all the managers at Teletech and can go to any of them for assistance and feedback. My co-workers are fantastic. We work together to assist each other and help each other meet our goals. The hardest part of the job is working with our OSC department to pre-plan coaching time off the phone to meet with our agents or to request vacation time. This process is difficult due to the fact that all requests and communication are through email and we have to do a lot of negotiating to get time off the phones approved for the agents due to service level requirements (number of customers calling verses agents on the phones taking calls). Many times even when these requests are approved they are later removed due to service level difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to coach agents and provide them with feedback and actions that lead  more... to success. When you take a struggling agent and help them become a role model agent it is extremely rewarding.  less
Pros
great co-workers, supportive enviroment, opportunity for bonuses, vacation time
Cons
not enough opportunity for advancement, healthcare benefits have declined
Laid back environment, great incentives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 24, 2014
I currently work here at Teletech as a customer service rep. This is my second time working with this company. One of the best things about Teletech is the fact that they understand when things come up in your life that impact your work. I relocated and it didn’t work out. When I needed to come back to Morgantown, Teletech gave me another chance based on my good performance when I worked for them before. Teletech appreciates its employees and rewards hard work. They do incentives for things like: working overtime, working holidays, performing well, referring friends. I’ve already taken advantage of a lot of these. Not only do I make time and a half for doing overtime, but I get entered to win contests. I also referred a buddy who needed a job. I’ll get $300 for referring him, plus I’ll be in the running to win a 50” TV…just for referring a friend who I now get to work with. Teletech also does things “just because”. We’ve got a coach dedicated to making sure employees are happy and engaged. She gives the whole site cupcakes once a month to celebrate birthdays. She helps promote Delight Days when they give snacks out to all of us. But she’s not the only one who works to help you out. Teletech is full of cool associates to hang out with, coaches to help you on your calls and laid-back team supervisors who really have your best interest at heart. Teletech is a great company because its leaders understand that having happy employees makes a successful company. As for the downsides, calls about fees and online banking can be challenging, but nothing you can’t handle. The other downside  more... is that Teletech plays the radio all day which is generally nice, but I hear the song “Fancy” more than I care to. Other than that, it’s a cool place.  less
Pros
incentives, fun people, diverse work environment
Cons
hard to stay on your diet because of all the free food
Horrendous lack of communication
Member Satisfaction Coach (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 22, 2014
I liked Teletech at first. One of their clients is one of the biggest insurance and banking providers in America. The customers we talked to on the phone were all really good people, and it wasn't pure support so we got to help them take care of basic needs with their bank accounts and such.

They make it easy to succeed at your job. They give you all the tools necessary. Why am I giving it one star, you ask? All of this stuff sounds really positive. Well it is, but for all the positives, the negatives simply tower over them.

I was supposed to be on track to be promoted within three months of starting working there. I never was promoted, but they did give me a new job title that was basically meaningless, "Member Satisfaction Coach." It's a lot like Dwight's title "Assistant (to the) Regional Manager" from the office. It had absolutely no meaning. Theoretically I was supposed to go around and help others do better on their phone calls, but I went for weeks and weeks without doing any of that. It also didn't come with a pay increase, so needless to say it felt pretty condescending.

This company survives on amping up your ego, but in the end it's all hollow. They will make you feel like you are a great part of the team, that your work matters, but their actions speak so much louder than their words. In the end you realize that it's just a sham -- a really big puffer fish. There are no substance to their claims at all.

The communication here was horrible. It took me two weeks to get a hold of my bosses' boss to alert him of an urgent issue regarding my salary. My bosses' boss
  more... came to us during training and said he had an open door if we ever wanted to talk. His door was open, but he was never in his office.

Some people would log into their computers then leave for hours at a time and wouldn't get fired.
Pros
friendly, high-morale
Cons
poor-communication
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 4, 2014
Take back to back calls. Not about customer service, but moving as fast as possible to meet metrics. Training at hiring is probably better than most jobs, but with ever changing products, updates, policy changes it is hard to keep up. Not enough time allotted prior to start of day to read updates/emails. Unless you come in early off the clock and load your computer which your not suppose to do, but employees do anyway. Pay better than most jobs, but benefits too expensive for what you receive in return. Balance of life/job depends on the shift you end up working. Management probably the worst I have seen in a long time. They want you to believe they care about the employees, but it is about them.The team leads compete against one another every month. There is no teamwork at Teletech. It is about making your team lead the winner. It is not about working as whole to make the contractor and their customers happy. Also if you ask three people the same question you will get three different answers. Then they have to meet and research/conclude what the correct answer is. Simply put the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and visa versa. I think this is probably the main reason they have such a high turn over rate in employment. They refuse to accept they need to change in order to retain employees. The only way to advance there is literally to placate your team lead to put it nicely. P!ease also note they tend to target anyone who is great at what they do because they are at best complacent and marginal. If you can see past all that, use your own personal time to keep updated,  more... and just never question if there is a better way of doing things then this place is for you. Like I said not for everyone.  less
Pros
great co-workers and free food/stuff on certain occasions.
Cons
management and consistency.
False promises
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 22, 2013
When interviewing and starting promises were made about easy advancement and ability to move up. Not necessarily true. There are certain stats workers must maintain to receive bonuses or additional payout (even with having met these stats, you don't receive the compensation promised). With people who have maintained these stats, and have the years of experience necessary to move up within the company, when they apply for the higher positions, more than likely they do not receive those positions. Basically unless you suck up to floor leadership and have them create a personal "file" on you, your work hard work and the fact you are excellent at your job won't lead you anywhere in the company. There are 2 bonus payouts you can receive, but most people who meet the requirements don't see their payout and if a mistake is made by the company and pointed out regarding the bonuses, it will be months before you have it fixed and you must be persistent every day with finding out where they are on fixing the issue.
Most of the people who work for the company are nice, but when you sit and listen to the employees none of them are happy with their job. The company use to be a fun environment to work in, but not any more. You can't have anything at your desk except basically a beverage. When you compare this call center to others, its the lowest paying, management is never on the same page, no stress relief on high call flow days. Only good thing about company is if someone is looking for a short time, high stress, need to get by type job until something better comes along.
Pros
most clients on the phone are decent to speak with
Cons
low pay compared to other call centers, management not on same page, lack in bonuses, training doesn't prepare for actual job
By far the most frustrating job I've had as a 57 year old
Customer Advocate (CA) (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TxNovember 9, 2013
Another reviewer for the Ennis, Tx location was trained with my group and I wholeheartedly agree with their review. The "training" was horrific and the most stressfull/frustrating job experience I've ever had! (I'm 57). Since they train you in a large area, walking around as they speak, you can't hear most of what they're saying because they are walking away from you half the time. They encourage taking notes, but why bother, they talk too fast. They just spout out information and call it "training". No role-play practice, little or no repitition, and they throw you on live calls before you know what you are doing and they seem to not care. That's the most stressful part. Co-workers were the nicest people. Trainers were too, for the most part, but a few were rude and intimidating. I was ill-equipped to handle live calls and the final assessment which I failed. But they act like that is not a reflection on their poor training at all. On live calls, when I raised my hand for assistance, even the trainers had to ask each other which information I was supposed to provide the caller! If you are not familiar with insurance lingo and have had no call center experience I advise you to look elsewhere. But one coworker told me that she'd been doing call center work elsewhere for 10 years beore working at Teletech and she found the computer tools excessive and confusing, like I did. I also feel that for what you need to quickly learn and retain, the $10 per hour is about half of what you should be getting for this job. My brain still hurts from it all. If you already have a strong knowlege  more... of insurance lingo, this may be perfect for you.  less
Pros
nice workplace environment.
Cons
poor training leaves you destined to fail (30% turnover rate!)

Comment – December 31, 2013

I forgot to mention, the training was so horrific and stressful that one of those hired in my group was in tears during training. There were about 25 to 30 new hirees in my group and 4 quit during the training before I did.