TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
not a great place to work
Fraud dept for ussa (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 4, 2016
This is the worst Co I have worked for. And I have worked at several call centers of course this is a 3rd party vendor. for the work we did the pay was terrible.
Intersesting place to work
Customer Service Representative Anthem Blue Cross (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR 72401May 3, 2016
My typical day at work consists of quoting benefits, claim status, and other things. i learned a llot about health insurance. the management si great. coworkers are helpful. the hardest part is disappointed customers.most enjoyable is helping customers
Co-workers were a joy work around, occasional free lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 2, 2016
Usually started the day by reading the latest bulletins, and alerts, that kept us informed on the days current events, and changes to be aware of. I learned a lot about customer service. Classes were scheduled to help us understand the software we used and to improve our call handling ability with the friendly not so friendly customer. Our TM's for the most part, outstanding, but a few were not qualified for the position. Management above TM were harder to deal with, they had no problem putting you in your place; below them. The job wasn't that difficult for the most part, deescalating a difficult caller was challenging to say least, but not impossible. As for the Co-works, they made my day, good, and friendly highly skilled people. The most enjoyable helping customers. When you can see lights ot on and you can see their smile through the phone line, you've done a good job, and it makes you feel good.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
to many hoops to jump through to get time off to take care of personal matters
Customer service advocate
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 2, 2016
My day at Teletech was always stressful. the co workers were great to be around but the management team seem like they didn't care. the work that we all had to do wasn't worth the pay. The best part of the day was at the end of the shift...
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Premium Team Case Manager.
Premium/Luxury Equus and Genesis Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZApril 28, 2016
I am responsible for providing a concierge like service to Hyundai's Premium (Genesis) and Luxury (Equus) owners. This may involve anything from arranging valet service for maintenance (Equus), product information, dealer complaints, service complaints, mechanical concerns, legal threats, PIR etc.,.

I find the job to be rewarding despite a severe lack of tools and empowerment to fully provide such services. Our Team is motivated and strives to exceed customer expectations and reach amiable resolutions in all cases. My teammates are simply a joy to work around. We achieve wins far more often than not.

That lack of tools and empower is not so much TeleTech's error but rather the Client for business reasons not communicated fully. That is not to say that the Client does not want to be recognized as a leader in the industry- they do. Simply means the tools are not present and could simply be a learning curve situation. However, that in turn causes management to focus more on numbers not wholly relevant to the task at hand and less on soft skills and positive coaching to truly achieve what Premium/Luxury customers look for with such services and to fully treat them as such. In short more a mass market mentality and less a premium market mentality. This shall hopefully change as the Client learns more of the market and develops the strategies and tactics needed to be a Premium brand.

The most difficult part of the job is when one cannot reach the ideal solutions for the customer and the client.

What I have learned is simple. Premium service is not merely a statement
  more... but a proactive endeavor to provide an experience that invites the customer to come back and remain loyal to the brand simply because not only were expectations met but those needs not said were as well.  less
Pros
The team and teammates.
Cons
healthcare and many policies that simply do not engender a fully positive work experience.
Great Trainer But Poor Company Values
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 28, 2016
I had an exceptional trainer who made the job seem like it was going to be something that, while difficult, was going to be worthwhile and fun. However, once I passed initial training, I was treated very poorly by my nesting trainer and the overall flow of the company left a lot to be desired.

There were 18 of us going out onto the floor after initial training and the company was more concerned about filling the floor occupancy than giving the newbies the help they needed considering none of us had never actually taken a call and had a combined 2 hours of listening into actual calls. Our nesting trainer was rarely around to provide help and when someone did come over to help us, they themselves didn't know the answer. With 18 of us raising our hands for help, 2 people were available at any random time.

In addition to the terrible help we got, employees are required to clock out to even use the restroom. Now, given that a lot of the people working here were older and disabled, it felt unfair to them that they should take a dive in their earned wages due to their age or ability to move quickly.

The equipment we were forced to use, since they did not allow employees to bring in their own equipment such as headphones, was extremely poor quality. The computers ran off a tower with the computing capacity of a cell phone, so service was slow and sometimes the computer crashed entirely during a call because it ran out of memory. The headsets we were forced to use made it hard to hear the member calling in and it was also hard for the member to hear me. The amounts of times
  more... I was told they could not hear me with my microphone volume all the way up was too much.

Overall, the initial training was the best time I had at this company. I would not recommend anyone working for this company unless they absolutely needed the paycheck and could put up with the immense amount of stress and the fact that the wrong people are put in charge of such an important company.

This company values their money more than they value both their employees and the people their employees are trying to help.
Pros
Great Trainer
Cons
Poor Equipment, Poor Company Values.
Apply at your own risk.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 28, 2016
Complex scheduling,(You need to plan 1 month in advance)
Possible reduced hours, poor pay(You never will get a raise)
Pay for performance decreases yearly. (The ONLY incentive)
There is little to no room for advancement.(Pretty much stuck in the same position)
Favoritism over Performance/Sonority
Pros
Its a paying job.
Cons
The frequent shift-bids/pay/location
Paid Training & Met Expectation
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 27, 2016
I started off with Tele Tech knowing I was walking into a temporary position , to gain knowledge and training in Insurance sales and customer service in this call center . The Training itself was a month long which led to successfully passing the state exam for licensing and there on I spent the remainder of the position during open-enrollment in a call-center setting taking leads and closing policies. My one wish was that my time at Teletech wasn't a temporary position , I enjoyed it very much and the pay itself was great.
No one is safe
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 26, 2016
I saw a great Team Lead get fired for no apparent reason. The Team Lead was very helpful and always at work even stayed late. The next thing I knew the desk was cleaned out and the Team Lead no longer there.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Good paying job for a kid in college. Plenty of things to do, Awesome team leads and awesome co-workers
CSA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2016
I felt like part of a family working with Teletech and truly hated leaving. You will work hard to provide the best customer service possible all while having a great time.
Pros
Pingpong Table, Awesome Co-workers, Great management, Decent pay, and an all around good work enviorment.
Cons
Health care could be better, Lunch room is pretty expensive for anything they serve their, and lastly the vending machine prices are a bit high.
It was my second home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  philippinesApril 26, 2016
I worked in Teletech for almost 2 years. I learned a lot of things.. to communicate with people, to say the right word and ask the right question. It was actually my training place of becoming an educator.
Pros
paid sick leaves
Cons
low salary
Transitioning into Digital
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 24, 2016
Login in computers and phones to start taking calls
I learned that in some areas where people live the signals are not as strong to get alot of channels through the transition into only digital television for the analog television.
Management was good but the building did close and there were a huge layoff.
The co workers were friendly
The hardest part about the job was not everybody got the channels they use to have in analog television so some customer were really upset
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay weekly
Pros
weekly pay, one hour lunch, overtime, paid holiday
Cons
closed down, couldn't keep a contract
Productive and fun work enviornment
Member Security Advisor Services -Fraud Department (Current Employee) –  Springfiled, MOApril 23, 2016
The hardest part of m job working in the fraud department is telling our customers that there is nothing we can do about them experiencing fraud on their account or that we can't get their money back on the account until 3-5 business days later.
Customer Service
Intuit Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2016
Company company to work for,but mainly seasonal employment.Great way to gain more skills.Training is clear concise to your position.
Pros
Seasonal employment
Cons
Company needs more long-term positions
Pay
Turbo Tax (Former Employee) –  work from homeApril 22, 2016
I worked for teletech holdings for turbo tax and I worked a total of 103 for the pay period and they only paid me 54hrs for the busting my butt that I did. Then when I tried to contact someone about the mishap they sent me a FAQ website that was of no help at all.
Pros
work from home, customers were really nice
Cons
Training was a Blitz, Too isolated
Good job.
Customer service rep for United Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32901April 19, 2016
day a work would be come in sit at my desk log in and take calls.

I learned a lot of information about the healthcare system (Medicare Part D) .

Management was good for the most part, Team leads was good, Floor walkers were ok for the most part.

Co-workers were great you tend to help each other out a lot and learn from each other and tend to make some good friends from it.

hardest pat about the job is the learning. all the information you have to learn tends it get to you after a little but the trainers are very good.

Co-workers are the best part of this job.
Productive Fun working enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2016
the company was great to work for and I learned form the type of calls that we handled. I was on a contract for the CDC.. I like the opportunity
Pros
good pay
Cons
far
Productive fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 18, 2016
I loved my job at Teletech!! Everyday was fun and exciting. I acuatually woke up ready to go to work. Everyone is so kind. I hated I had to leave but tradgody hit my family and we decided to move. I mis my work family everyday.
cuatomer service rep great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRENSTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 17, 2016
love it nut is a contract position and they dont keep a lot of people great place to work and nice call center great benefits also
Pros
good job
Cons
contrcat
Not my type of work area
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 17, 2016
I only worked for 3 months at teletech because I dont really like the call center work. It was a good job just not my type of job.