TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 1,847 reviews matching the search
The pay could have been better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 19, 2016
For the work that was being done with the employer, the pay could have been better than 10.00 per hour. Everyone worked hard to satisfy the customers but the supervisors only cared about themselves and what they were making. I learned better customer service while dealing with customers over the phone. Learned more about health insurance that I didn't know and that was interesting. I loved having weekends off and holidays.
interesting place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHNovember 14, 2016
Telecommunications is not as easy of a job that people may think. You have to have patience and great people skills.

At Teletech we had different clients/projects. When I started with the company we were with the Tmobile project. That was very very challenging. Our job was to work out the kinks in a phone not working properly and billing issues. Those customers were difficult to please.

At the end of our employment we were working with Geek Squad. Our job with this project was more exciting. The customers would need programs installed or work done on the computer. These customers were easier to please. Unfortunatley, the project ended.
Managment Shows Blatant Disrespect
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 28, 2016
The client I worked for I liked, unfortunately management was terrible. They show a blatant disrespect to certain employees and a favoritism to others. They say the come up is quick, how ever it became very apparent very quickly that depends on whos butt you kiss. I worked overtime regularly and willingly, the one time I couldn't it was placed as mandatory, constant mess ups with scheduling, breaks, and pay checks. They sure know how to sell themselves though let me tell ya. Do not look at this company with rose colored glasses.
Pros
Own Desk (Cube)
Cons
too many to list
n/a
Customer Service Rep- Tier 2 Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2016
The job wasn't bad at all. Actually very interesting to get behind the scenes of the customer service of a car company. Management wasn't all that great but got the job done. Co workers were all young kids and really old people and were all pretty nice. I learned a lot about Hyundai vehicles cause that is what we were taking calls for. Hardest part of the job is getting good QA scores cause the way they scored changed so often. The best part was being on the decoration committee and decorating the center.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Plenty of participation and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 2, 2016
TeleTech is a very fun place to work in, if you LOVE customer service, de-escalating problems and working with a group of people. Although people may spout negativity about TeleTech, if you have the mindset to succeed, you will!
Pros
Great group to work with. Lunch choices at a light cost. Designated private smoking area.
Cons
Hours can get lengthy, flexibility with scheduling time off may be stressful.
So-So
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 23, 2016
This job was so-so, has a good pay for the job, but some of the supervisors didn't support you or work with you on things and was uncoordinated, They did have some good reward programs for doing a great job. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with irate customers on the phone, the ones that no matter what you do for them they are never happy and just want to yell, I would just hand them over to my supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to talk with pleasant customers and help them out with their problems.
Pros
breaks and lunch
Cons
some bad surpervisors
Great for seasonal part timers
Call Rep (Former Employee) –  At HomeOctober 19, 2016
Was great to work from home. The other employees made the job fun because we could talk and laugh in our chat rooms. Unfortunately there was a lot of times where the company would not pay you properly ( skimming hours, not paying for system outages per their own policies, etc.) and employees have notified the correct governmental departments about these pay issues. Overall was a fun place to work, just had to be very quick at multi-tasking.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Sometimes didn't pay you lawfully
A difficult job with good hours.
Advanced Tech-Care/ Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHOctober 15, 2016
It was impossible to move up in this company unless you were friends with the higher ups as well as funny. I enjoyed working for this company due to the money and the friendships I made. I also very much enjoyed working through problems with people over the phone and having them thank me for fixing their issue without having to spend any money. The money made at TeleTech was worth how demanding it could be at times. Despite this, when an employee got pregnant they would not accommodate those employees whatsoever despite sickness or bed-rest with Doctors requests.
Benefits
Cons
Demanding, Difficult grading scale
It's a great temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 10, 2016
Tele tech is a great company to start with into the working world, and as a temporary job, but I wouldn't recommend as a long term career. Supervisors and managers don't seem to care much. Schedule is changed with only a few days notice, and usually mandatory. The pay is great, depending on which department you're working in. I took this job in hope of schedule stability and future advancements, but was not pleased.
Pros
Paid training, good pay
Cons
Unstable schedule, little advancement
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  @homeDecember 6, 2016
Teletech is a great company to work for and I would still be employed here; however, the project that I worked for unfortunately ended. My Team Lead and co-workers were great, and did everything they could to help one another. I highly recommend this company if you want to work from the comfort of your home and enjoy seasonal work.
Pros
Work from home!
Cons
No healthcare and few raises, usually a temp position.
fun workplace not very productive in telesales
Sprint Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be making about 80 outbound calls to try and convert businesses over to the sprint network. I learned some skills in telesales. The management was fair. They did their best in trying to train in telesales. The hardest part of the job was trying to convince businesses that have been with a provider in ATT or Verizon for years to switch over to Sprint which is very hard to do.
Pros
They worked with you on needing to take off work for personal needs
Cons
The healthcare benefits is horrible in my opinion
Working at Teletech
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 21, 2016
As I said in my previous review, I have nothing negative to say about Teletech, only positives. They were helpful, courteous, respectful, and willing to assist you when needed. I just couldn't catch on with the programs needed to work in Turbo Tax as customer support. I don't know if it's my age or what, but my ability to catch on to the programs and remember all the passwords (can't take notes on the floor due to privacy and customer protection) was just nearly impossible. A GREAT place to work though.
Teletech only cares about quotas- high employee turn over
Technical Support Turbo Tax Software (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 17, 2016
They are always hiring because once someone has had enough they will never go back.

If you do anything wrong you will receive a write up and or review in front of your other colleagues- there is no private area for discussion of your performance.

They do not comply with Federal regulations for employment eligibility- I personally witnessed this several times and also reported it- so if you don't have your correct I-9 info, then this is the job for you.
Pros
air conditioned- employee activities
Cons
Getting fussed at in front of other employees
Shift in job culture
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 16, 2016
Company started out a fun and great place to work. Was not told up front a lot of what commission was. The culture and relationships were strained within a years time. Not much room to grow unless you know someone and that is not a guarantee as management could be laid off just as quickly.
Complete cold calls with leads that were not that great. It is a team environment and if you are not a great performer you will not be acknowledged for the most part.
Pros
commissions, benefits, hour lunches, monday-friday
Cons
commissons, high turn over
Overall pretty good job with the exception of the training and management.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 16, 2016
Job environment and pay was pretty good. Training and management needed tremendous improvement. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out most of the material on my own majority of the time and keeping calm in the process.
Pros
45 minute lunches once on production floor and the pay was also pretty good.
Cons
Trying to figure out the material on my own most of the time and keeping calm in the process.
Work at home position with comfortable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Teletech even though it was a short time because it was done from home and I was very happy working from home. There was no need to gas up the car and worry about not be home when my daughter came in from school.
Pros
I could work in my own home.
Cons
Telephone services has to always be available to do my job.
Ability to grow with tasks I was interested in. The management appreciated that!
Sr. Technical Writer, Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
The typical day began with a scrum for development of a new mobil application. The entire development team was accountable for completing their tasks. I learned Agile Development and assisted the scrum master in the tracking of the completed work.

I was treated fairly and as a professional technical writer. The unfortunate part of the job is that there was another office on the east coast that were set in their ways and did not like new ideas. When the company decided to break off to their own division, the team was too big and layoffs occurred.
Pros
Supportive and fun environment
Cons
Existing employees in other office did not appreciate new processes and procedures.
Job Summary
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2016
• Worked under strict guidelines and responded to all service requests.
• Guaranteed positive client experiences to complete any client requests.
• Extensive computer multi-system navigational skills as well as hard/soft phone technology.
• Consistently maintained the top 10 percent for best quality performance from training wave.
• Motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contributor to company success.
Very stressfull, great benefits, doesnt work around other schedule, no management
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTSeptember 20, 2016
Very very stressful depending on where you work inside the company. They have great medical, dental, vision and family insurance along with life insurance as well.
Doesn't work around school schedules or appointments. You cannot miss a second or you will have an occurrence and they can fire you for anything they want.
False promises
Customer Service Representative (former) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARAugust 31, 2016
Teletech would promise bonuses for certain benefits offered or scheduled to the members and you will never see it. They push push push and never deliver. Managers need more phone time they are very uneducated on the processes the representatives have to take to ensure member satisfaction.
Pros
Fantastic members
Cons
Teletech needs to actually give the bonus they offer/ more training for managment on phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.