TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,143 reviews matching the search
Teletech is horrible.
Call Center Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 5, 2016
I felt like a number instead of a person to them. They hired us in bulk (hoarded us like cattle). We trained on the computer for nearly a month before entering the call center. They are way too tight on their scheduling. Could not clock in 5 minutes early, and a minute late, you were docked. Call center environment was too strict and they did not care about the employees, just the number of calls they could take. They also did not offer raises. You were hired at $10 and that was it.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment, management, supervision, time management
Overal Decent Company
Trainer Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Teletech is a good starting out company for an individual to gain some experience especially if they do not have any past experience. Teletech in itself is a call center that supports multiple businesses and has great potential. Some of the concern deals specificly with the amount of projects. It is often that a site will run multiple projects at the same time many of them being seasonal. The company has large recruitment drives for agents to become a teletech employee sometimes for a very short period of time before being let go. If there are positions on another project they will be able to shift to another project. There are no potential for raises and growth is extremely limited. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of new and friendly people that you can network with and grow outside of the company with.
Pros
Great potential, sites all over the country, different projects, great place to network and meet new people.
Cons
No real individual growth or pay raises avaialble, no job security.
I would not recommend Teletech
Quality Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 25, 2015
The labor relation board needs to investigate Teletech sites and how management treats the employees. There is verbal abuse, ex, employees are told they are stealing from the company, management does not show respect, there is favoritism. When working at Teletech for any period of time, if will effect your health. When asked where I work, and I reply Teletech, people just look at me and say oh, that nasty place!! If Teletech would treat people with respect, Teletech would not have such a large turnaround. The management Teletech has working for each project needs to be reviewed & changed yearly.
Pros
Cons
micomanaged/management/only receive negative feedback/favortisim/no respect/pay rate/no raises, bonuses
Underpaid & Unrespected
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 26, 2015
After getting past the learning curve, the job was tolerable. Great coworkers for the most part and okay management. Every rule you learned was bound to get changed the next day and different coworkers, management included, will tell you conflicted information. For a company based around technology, it had horrible computer systems that would constantly crash. No pay raises or bonuses whatsoever. The desks were filthy and the cafeteria was subpar. What drew the line is when they cut everyone's weekly working hours from 40 to 28 indefinitely. Overall I highly do NOT recommend.
Pros
Willing work around school schedule & decent benefits
Cons
Sudden massive cut of hours & mediocre pay
Teletech is a Home away from Home
Workforce Senior Specialist (Scheduler) (Former Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 24, 2016
Teletech has provided great opportunities and growth in my Call Center/BPO career. Nurturing their talents and giving the benefits as seem fit to ones experience and capabilities. They make sure that employees are secure and safe with enough resources to unwind since call center industry have high stress work environment. Overall i wouldn't have stayed for a decade if i wasn't happy with the company
No concern for employees and no respect towards employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 2, 2016
Taking calls from members and applicants. Listening to operations manager on the walky talky shouting your name if you too long on a call. Floor support only helping agents they like or not having enough floor support to help agents. Having to ask your team lead to go to the bathroom. Break times are based on logging off the phone, instead of time clock. Time Clock is 1-2 minutes away from desk. Having 6 minutes to use the bathroom. Members are left on hold for sometimes hours because there are at least 20 people calling in, or trainees leaving after being on the floor for a few days. Some team leads and managers do not care about how hard an agent works. Constantly switching agents from team to team. Changing agents work hours without consulting agents first. The most ENJOYABLE part of the job is when it is time to go home and get paid. Teletech is constantly hiring because they can not keep people working there because of management.
Pros
work out room, paid time off, 401k, health benefits, nice break room
Cons
HORRIBLE management, no respect for employees, favoritism, short breaks, promoting agents and taking their jobs away within a weeks time.
Do yourself a favor and stay away
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FlOctober 24, 2015
It's a paycheck. Managers don't care about you, and won't have your back for anything. Some don't even show their faces because they don't know the job you're doing. They'll pile on "extra training" for all kinds of things and never pay you a cent extra. I was hired for customer service for health insurance. Suddenly I was told I was also tech support for websites I'd never used, and I was processing claims and all assistance was taken away from us so the company could save money and pay us nothing for all the extra work we never signed up for.

It's fine if you need a job to get you from point A to point B, but there's no moving up here unless you're sweet on the right manager. They'll pick favorites. On the bright side, you can get away with an awful lot if you rub them the right way.
Cons
Managers, compensation, benefits, no advancement
No Job Incentives
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 25, 2015
While the work itself is not bad. The company does not value employees. There are no employee incentives. You do not get a 30 day evaluation/raise, you do not get yearly evaluations/raise. Your pay will not increase with job performance or duties. Employer continues to add onto job load requirements, but they do not compensate your hourly wages at all. They do not care for their employees. I was a patient in the hospital, there did not care about my health or recovery, they simply wanted to know when I could return to work. Even with Hospital records and notes from the Doctors, my position with the company was terminated, due to being sick and under a doctor's care. Causing me to lose medical benefits.
Call center environment
Blue Link SOS/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I work in a call center environment for Hyundai Blue Link Safety and Security. A typical day consist of me taking anywhere from 10-40 calls per day for safety and security and also customer service inquiries and concerns. I am also simultaneously responding to 2 customer emails at a time during the calls. I have the most email production since I have started, on average I complete 10-20 a day in between calls.
Pros
2 breaks and 30 min lunch, great benefits
Cons
inconsistancy, turn over rate, the floor moral
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2015
I would not recommend this company to anyone. i have worked for Teletech dealing with employee benefits. Everyday was unorganized and confusing. you dont get a set schedule if you do it will only be for 2wks if that . the trainers have never done the job they are traing you for , and the managers read answers from a knowledge base website. there is no real relation your are just a machine to them . for part time workers you only get 10 mins of an unpaid break and expected to rush people off the phone to keep your stats low.
Pros
you get to work from home
Cons
you dont get any real training which shows they dont care about the work they produce
Decent place. Nice break room.
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 20, 2016
Eh, not much to say. It's a job that's really great with bonuses and great pay. However for some people it's just not the kind of work they're suited for. Your work is never done and it can be a confusing and hectic environment with software problems and hour + phone calls that hurts your statistics and can get you put in a "dunce" corner essentially.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Short breaks, lazy managers.
My review on Tele Tech
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 18, 2016
Tele Tech is a good place to work for someone who doesn't mind the mental exhaustion that comes a long with the job. I enjoyed it personally. I just didn't enjoy the way the handle certain situations. It was all about upper level employee covering their butts and not worrying about the little people.
Pros
Good pay. Great benefits. Fun Co-Workers.
Cons
They except too much in a set amount of time.
Terrible place to work!
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 21, 2015
Don't consider working at this place unless you want to be miserable! Instead of raises you get a different color of lanyard each year that you're there, Shift bids, Promotion is based on recommendations not qualifications, They treat you like a child, They want you to learn extra stuff but will not give you raises for it and if you don't it correctly you will get wrote up for it, They constantly lie from the start of the interview process-as long as you show up on the first day of training they get a commission so they will tell you anything to get you in the door for atleadt a day.
Pros
Cons
No raises, shift bids, promotions are based on recommendation not qualifications, they constantly lie, inexperienced tl's
This job is convenient and close to home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 27, 2016
With this job there is a lot expected out of you for the pay of 10.00 per hour. No advancement and no pay raise. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you have no car or desperately looking for a job.
Pros
Work with you as far a scheduling
Cons
No pay raise
completely unorganized mess
Team Lead and Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I don't know how they stay in business, they treat their employees like disposable garbage. They offer temporary positions so there are no benefits
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
terrible atmposhere, no job security, inadequate management

Comment – February 2, 2016

Hi! You might be referring to our seasonal job posts, since we do offer regular, full-time positions too. In any case, thank you for still putting your comments.

Awful work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2016
The work environment was AWFUL! They are not very organized
The hardest part of the job was training and the long hours.
They offered great benefits such as insurance and time off. A typical day at work was hectic but fun sometimes.
Pros
pay
Cons
environment
unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 31, 2016
doesn't pay well, has untrained management and staff doesn't offer a raise to employees you working as a third party for major company's like blue cross blue shield
Pros
Cons
horrible job
Teletech
Agent (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 15, 2016
I like the actual job, but the management is poor. And a lot of the managers are unprofessional.. I like the benefits, and the hours. It's just a turn off when you don't feel cared about anymore.
benefits
Cons
management
My Opinion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah KentuckySeptember 18, 2015
Other than the benefits and coworkers, it's a terrible place to work. The work site I was at, people were quitting left and right. My last team lead should not be a supervisor. She had no people skills whatsoever. She could not show any compassion to us or the members. Things change all the time there. They don't properly train you. They would add more to your job title to save money in other departments, but you don't get any pay raise. You can get wrote up for dump stuff. Managers/upper management lie straight to your face. When I quit, I packed my stuff on my desk and I went to give my badge to my so called Team Lead. She asks if I'm coming back, "I said no". She goes "well are you putting in your 2 weeks notice" obviously not since I packed my stuff. She tells me, "if you don't put in a two weeks notice you're not re-hirible". I never want to work for that company ever again. When you quit or get fired you're supposed to be walked out. My Team Lead tells me to give my badge to the security desk.. Really?
If you want to keep your sanity, don't EVER work for the Teletech in Paducah Ky.
Pros
Benefits and Coworkers, Free stuff
Cons
Inexperience Team Leads, Short breaks, back to back phone calls everyday, no pay raise, shift bids.
wasnt professional at all
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 20, 2016
I really worked there because i needed the money,they was not professional,didnt care about your life at home,overall i did learn a lot of great things and how to take payments and explain insurance benefits