TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 2,029 reviews matching the search
No clear direction of instructions
Primary Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2017
Listening to customer complaints and problems with their electronic devices
There are many electronic devices I had to learn about them quickly. Management was not the best as did not seem to care about giving customer know of their guarantee policies when electronic product was bought; They would change policies and not let customer know of changes. Culture was fine, The hardest part of the job was breakdown on their computer software. Most enjoyable was helping customers resolve their electronic problems.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No clear instructions
I enjoy working for Tele Tech
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  @ homeMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy the people that I work for and the customer that I get to interact with the hardest part of the job working from home is that you don't have someone right there to help you if you need it you do however have chat rooms and someone to chat with but no supervisor to had the phone over to for those irate customers you have to maintain control and handle the situation
Pros
I dont have to drive to and from work
Cons
I dont get out of the house
It could be fun but stressful at the same time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 7, 2017
There is a long trying process before you are able to work on the floor by yourself which helps you do your job better. The management was very confusing on what they wanted from their employees, mainly with the dress code. I think the hardest part of the job was when I received calls from very upset customers wanting to know more about their coverage.
Pros
You get to talk to new people everyday
Cons
You might get yelled at more than once a day from customers
Fun work environment with all kinds of activites.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVFebruary 27, 2017
Typical day is taking in calls for general customer service.
I learned that the best solution is usually the most obvious.
The management was very understanding.
Very accepting culture.
The angry customers that would not listen to reason could sometimes be difficult.
Helping others was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Bonuses on your pay check for sales made, Paid time off, Catered lunches.
Cons
Listening to people scream in your ear.
Productive workplace and great place to meet others.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at work is almost always busy! It keeps you moving and makes the day go by very quickly.

I learned in greater detail how to better communicate with others who might be frustrated.

The management team is awesome! It's full of great people to get to know that really understand what you're asking because they've all done it just like you have.
Pros
Many people to meet so you can easily find others with similar interests.
Cons
Just unhappy clients. The rest is really fun.
It's pretty good!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 4, 2017
Teletech is a pretty good place to work, pay was better then most call centers and the environment is very calm. The calls are quite easy and I rarely had to deal with troublesome members. Management is good but not great, the managers are nice but many do not know a whole lot about the job your doing, asking for help on your calls can be rather futile.

The big negatives would be 1. It's a call center 2. Chances for moving up are nearly impossible (I knew many coworkers that had been with the company for almost 5 years with no raises) 3. (This is a big one) There are bids for shifts, if your stats are poor, you will be stuck with a bad schedule
Pros
Good pay, easy work
Cons
Getting a good schedule is tough, advancement is unlikely
A Fine Place to Work If You Can Stand The Work
Deposit Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 15, 2017
TeleTech, Inc. does as good of a job making the nature of their clients' work appealing as possible. I saw things from the bank side, and they do what they can to make life there tolerable: PTO, sick time, flex time, insurance, 401K with matching, opportunity for advancement, tuition stipends, etc. The problem is and inevitably will always be the nature of telephone customer service: the customers and the conflicting goals of racing against the clock to help people.
Pros
PTO, sick time, flex time, insurance, overtime, 401K with matching, opportunity for advancement, tuition stipends
Cons
Customer service, factory-like time management
Fun
Pre-paid Consultant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMarch 18, 2017
Typically comes an hour early for work to prepare all the applications needed to start the work. People i worked with are the happiest I've known despite the pressure from everyday customers.
The workplace makes it lighter to handle stress, you'll only experience hard times when the queue is full and you need to finish assisting all customers before taking a break and we sometimes have to spend extra overtime to get all the job done.
Everyday is an enjoyable day.
Pros
Extra Lunch Hours, High Incentives
Overall okay for a job.
Blue Link/AEN Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2017
Call center environment. Fast-paced with periods of slow time.
Pay is not the greatest. Plan on getting a second job if you are trying to survive.
You are always racing the clock in some form or another.
Continuously pressured to sell product to customers.
If first time in a call center learning will be difficult due to the fact that don't have access to printed materials. Must learn from the computers on the job.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Difficult to learn if never been in a call center environment.
A great place with potential
TSR (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 11, 2017
Teletech is a great starter job. It will help you develop what you are looking for in your next job...
While working there for three years in the same department there is nearly NO RAISES, period. So don't expect it.
Most people that work there fall into one of three categories, either highschool kids who will treat it as such, some people who are all about getting other people 'under the bus', or actual casual people who just want to work and get out, It's a call center its what you make of it.
Pros
constant work with some options for time off
Cons
no chance to move up with out serious brown nose behavior
Fun work place and good social environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
TeleTech is a good social environment and a fun work place.
Typical day at work consists of taking phone calls and building rapport including empathy, while taking care of our members needs.
I learned the importance of team building skills.
Management was not understanding to anybody's needs, management was terrible.
Workplace culture: Fun and understanding co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with situations with the members that you have never experienced before.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly competition.
Pros
Friendly competitions
Cons
Short breaks and management
One of the worse places to work ever!!!
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 3, 2017
Teletech is an unprofessional work environment. They do not care about balance in their employees lives and they do not have any opportunities for advancement. For all the work that one has to do the compensation is not worth it. The staff is unapproachable, and unless you are one of the managers favorites, your concerns are not taken seriously.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay, no professionalism
Just OK
Card Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2017
Your day is listening to customers and cuss you out because they made mistakes using their credit cards. You can also update information, add/remove users, travel notices, and general questions are answered.

Management is only interested in their bonuses and expect you to do your part which is OK if that wasn't their only concern.

Good job for a college student. They give you cupcakes once each month to celebrate birthdays.
Pros
job when you need one
Cons
cussing customers
Worst company ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 24, 2017
The pay is really low, the training is inadequate, management is poor, you are treated like a child, there are no benefits and no one ever smiles because they're not happy working there.

I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are just really desperate and can't find any other job, then take it for short-term until you can find something else.

The turn over rate is extremely high, and that's because people leave so frequently because of the way they're treated. But don't worry, the company won't miss you when you leave, because you're just a seat filler. Once you leave, they'll just replace you with some other unknowing newcomer.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too many to list
Easy Job with benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Pros
Supportive direct managers and coworkers, competitive benefits, ability to work from home, flexibility, recognition that work-life balance is a priority
Cons
Compensation seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum compared to brick and mortar positions in the same field.
Advice to Management
Upper level management has an opportunity to become more engaged with lower level management to better understand the reality of day to day work life.
TurboTax Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 2, 2017
They have great health benefits including getting a discounted Fitbit and walking incentives. They are pretty good about working around other obligations like school, family etc. The only thing I would say I didn't like about the job was that they were not open about letting go of people or not when it came to being on a temporary program (TurboTax).
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Management needs some work
Didn't work long enough
WAH CSR (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 17, 2017
Another work at home job. I was working with Best Buy customers taking orders, refunds etc. I had technical issues with their software spent most of my training with IT dept so I had to part ways with them because I got so behind in the training. The reason I scored managment so low is only because they could have resolved the issue in a different manner especially since it was not my fault that there were so many technical difficulties it was on their end. The way I would have resolved the issue was getting the technical issues fixed and then either put me in another training class or offer me a position with another client.
Pros
working at home
Cons
Bad decisions
Management is all about Favoritism
Insurance Agent / Liaison (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I would not recommend nor refer anyone to this Company for employment opportunities. Shiesty. No room for growth or advancement,, Work is seasonal and often no other projects or contracts to move to in down season. Management do not relate potential lay-offs, and lies about perform to motivate profit.
Pros
Pay is suitable for work performed
Cons
no room for growth, no raises, dead end seasonal work
This is the one place you never want to work.
Product Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2017
The reason that I give a bad review to them is because you will be under paid and over worked. The company teletech also uses shady practices to make money such as forcing agents to use unneeded tools on every call because they get a kick back and scheduling the agent for 30 hours and then offering overtime indicating that there will be overtime pay though do not do so because the agent did not reach the 40 hour minimum required by federal law but still taxing the agent as if they did for the hours. Teletech will also give bad recommendations to other employers every time regardless of how the agent preformed as well as telling the other employers that the agent has a non-compete agreement when there was none agreed to.
Pros
Cons
everything
Started out pretty decently
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJanuary 20, 2017
At first, I was excited to become a part of this company, as they way it is seen from the outside it looks promising. I can't say for the entire company, but the site I was at seemed to become deeper than it really was. From the outside one would think it's a great place to work, and it is, if you're chosen as one of the favorites.
Pros
Decent hours, good pay for what it is, 401K
Cons
no health insurance, no paid holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.

76%