TeleTech Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,635 reviews matching the search
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
Ok overall
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 25, 2016
Teletech was great to work for most of the time. They try to make it fun and give bonuses to those who work for it. They aren't very good with requsting days off. There were two times I requested half a day or a full day a month in advance and was granted the request. However, the day before that requested day off it was taken away and write ups were given if i left anyway. Management is a little lacking.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, nice environment
Cons
Lacks management communication
Opportunity
UnitedHealthCare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2016
While the pay is lower than others in the same field, TeleTech offers a chance for employment to everyone, as long as you can pass the tests. (Which they adequately prepare you for.) They pay for certifications, give you a desk, 6 weeks of paid training. They offer you opportunity. Job security is a joke however, since they only need large amounts of employees for Annual Election Period. (October - December)
Pros
Low stress, good hours
Cons
Job security
Pretty decent place to work
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 25, 2016
Co-workers were great. Supervisors were great. Was a Temp position so didn't excuse any absences even with a doctors note.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to speak with the customers in a relaxed way instead of having to rush them off the phone. The hardest part was trying to meet the standards of getting customers to switch to this program. Program had great qualities. Somewhat stressful but otherwise enjoyable.
Good paying job for a kid in college. Plenty of things to do, Awesome team leads and awesome co-workers
CSA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2016
I felt like part of a family working with Teletech and truly hated leaving. You will work hard to provide the best customer service possible all while having a great time.
Pros
Pingpong Table, Awesome Co-workers, Great management, Decent pay, and an all around good work enviorment.
Cons
Health care could be better, Lunch room is pretty expensive for anything they serve their, and lastly the vending machine prices are a bit high.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 13, 2016
This company was great to work for. The higher up management was exceptional in retaining its employees. However the team leads were not as encouraging to the staff. This position deals with a lot of angry customers so patience and understanding is definetly needed to work in this enviroment. If you are looking for a great company to work with and can avoid falling into the workplace drama this is the company to work with. They do offer great pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Not much support on floor and negative enviroment
Paid Training & Met Expectation
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 27, 2016
I started off with Tele Tech knowing I was walking into a temporary position , to gain knowledge and training in Insurance sales and customer service in this call center . The Training itself was a month long which led to successfully passing the state exam for licensing and there on I spent the remainder of the position during open-enrollment in a call-center setting taking leads and closing policies. My one wish was that my time at Teletech wasn't a temporary position , I enjoyed it very much and the pay itself was great.
Transitioning into Digital
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 24, 2016
Login in computers and phones to start taking calls
I learned that in some areas where people live the signals are not as strong to get alot of channels through the transition into only digital television for the analog television.
Management was good but the building did close and there were a huge layoff.
The co workers were friendly
The hardest part about the job was not everybody got the channels they use to have in analog television so some customer were really upset
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay weekly
Pros
weekly pay, one hour lunch, overtime, paid holiday
Cons
closed down, couldn't keep a contract
Enjoyed trainers and co-workwers. Typical telecommunications.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
Work was cubicle telecommunications. I learned how a telecomm company operated. Management and co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement of time and having a script as well as only being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Tied to cubicle and phones and micromanagement of time.
Good job.
Customer service rep for United Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32901April 19, 2016
day a work would be come in sit at my desk log in and take calls.

I learned a lot of information about the healthcare system (Medicare Part D) .

Management was good for the most part, Team leads was good, Floor walkers were ok for the most part.

Co-workers were great you tend to help each other out a lot and learn from each other and tend to make some good friends from it.

hardest pat about the job is the learning. all the information you have to learn tends it get to you after a little but the trainers are very good.

Co-workers are the best part of this job.
Great Managers and Great Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2016
The managers employed in Melbourne , FL were great and knew how to identify with their employees. The other employees are also great. The training was great and some of the best trainers I've seen. The only problem is the company seemed less concerned with their employees. I'm not talking about the managers, but the call center supervisors.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Higher ups care more about the money then the people
Teletech is horrible.
Call Center Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 5, 2016
I felt like a number instead of a person to them. They hired us in bulk (hoarded us like cattle). We trained on the computer for nearly a month before entering the call center. They are way too tight on their scheduling. Could not clock in 5 minutes early, and a minute late, you were docked. Call center environment was too strict and they did not care about the employees, just the number of calls they could take. They also did not offer raises. You were hired at $10 and that was it.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment, management, supervision, time management
Teletech is the WORST company to work for
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 29, 2016
NO interview process, just pass a test and your in the door!
- offer was made with pay at 13.00 for 2 weeks of training; 14.50 for final 9 weeks of training; 16.00 when training complete; promised NO nights, NO weekends, bankers hours; one week into training pay was changed to 13.00 until 9 weeks into training, then 14.50 for two weeks. three more weeks into training, LOB expanded and had mandatory night and weekend hours. Management could NEVER explain why things were changing!
-No HR on site, any issues, questions or concerns had to be submitted via a ticket.
- Leads play favorites
- No sense of leadership at Teletech.

I would NEVER recommend someone to work here. Horrible place
Starting Point
Remote Tier 1 Technical Support, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 24, 2016
I worked for them for only a few months, and liked some of it, though it is not the job for me. It's an easy enough job, and if you work there enough you can move up. For those either in the phone support industry or looking for a part time job, or a temp job this is a nice fit. Just make sure you're on time and can handle a semi-strict schedule. Though they do offer part time."
Pros
Work remotely from home
Cons
Pay rate is too low
Good but Bad
CSR (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 17, 2016
Worked there a year and a half. I was one of the top agents in Uniontown, then the project got moved to Morgantown. I didn't fit in there, and the distance became a bit much. Went from being a top performer to fired. I asked to get transferred back to Uniontown, as I seen this coming, no help from management, just "we're working on it" then I get pulled off the floor and told I made 3 authentication mistakes... I've worked there taking 100+ calls a day, for a year and a half. Now they are the only place in my area (Uniontown) with decent pay and I can't be rehired because Morgantown gave me the thumbs down. The day before I got let go I had a customer say I should be training other agents, now I can't get a job with them.
Pros
They have events, and other nice things
Cons
Morgantown
Productive and convenient work place
BBY Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  @homeMarch 14, 2016
A typical day with Teletech involved logging on to my personal computer and accepting customer calls. I learned to manage my own work environment, a call center environment in the comfort of my own office. Management and co-workers were always on the top of their game. Polite, helpful and friendly. The hardest part was adapting to the grind of managing yourself rather than have a manager directly present. This taught me a new measure of self discipline. By far the most enjoyable part was the benefit of working out of the comfort of my own home.
Pros
working from home, flexible hours
Cons
technical issues
Call center environment with opportunities to advance. Good work environment, customer focused
Customer Advocate - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMarch 11, 2016
Fast pace environment with handling time restraints. The level of customer service you can provide is limited to the authority level of your position.
Pros
Job stabilility, good environment, team environment, providing public service
Cons
Handling time constraints, lengthy escalation process. Customer frustation with previous customer service experience
Call service center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 1, 2016
Typical day at work is setting at the cubicle and interacting with your customers. I learned about the depths of health insurance payers. Management. Some people can let management get to their heads and overdo their superior position. Hardest part of the job is getting a manager to take a sup call which they are REQUIRED TO.
Pros
Employee Perks. If they offer it.
Cons
The list goes on.
A place to work if you really wanted to meet weird people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed Teletech only because I was a Supervisor. A typical day at work was babysitting the numerous people that they hired off the street with NO experience. My co-workers (Supervisors) were okay but the actual Customer Service Reps fought us tooth and nail. They worked a little and quite right after training; or they missed time frequently. Management had their pick so you soon became aware of how to deal with certain ones. No one was really serious there, thus, is the reason when Teletech took over Sprints CS Center, it failed. Now Sprint has left Hampton, VA. Only a few folks saw it coming. I saw it in 2006 when we were asked to take on other Sprint products and learn more new systems with no pay increase.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
they hired anyone who could breathe in the mirror
Fun workplace, accessible management.
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 7, 2016
This is a great place to work. The atmosphere is energetic and management is open to ideas. Lots of room for advancement and with the many clients serviced, lateral moves are possible as well
Pros
Lots of opportunity to improve your skills- management loves to help
Cons
Breaks are too short. Better with an hour lunch and one break. Company Kitchen is lousy