TeleTech Employee Reviews

Found 1,848 reviews matching the search
No balamce between pay and expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 4, 2016
I have worked with this company on and off for about 4 years. I was on some great assignments at home that had great managers, team leads and coaches. But recently I came back just to supplement my income because really who can depend on 8.50 hr. to provide for their family. The assignment was ok but the management, team leads and coaches were lacking all the skills they needed to do their own job much less advise employees on theirs much is lacking at teletech. Pay, overtime, bonuses and incentives they have none barely room for advancement it's just a job to get extra money or hold you over until you get a real job isn't a place to make a career.
Pros
Cons
8.50 flat pay, No raises, no incentives, no bonuses, no overtime
Great benefits easy jobs.
Hyundai Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2016
Typical day was answering inbound calls from Hyundai customers. The job was really easy co workers were very helpful in making sure everyone was up to date on policy changes. Management was horrible any reason to get you in trouble to put you in disciplinary action for 30 days. Felt like management and supervisors were just knit picking at anything to write you up. Overall loved the job management needed much improvement.
Pros
Easy job, nice co workers, clean work environment decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Management quick to get you in trouble for any reason job security always worrying.
Shift in job culture
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 16, 2016
Company started out a fun and great place to work. Was not told up front a lot of what commission was. The culture and relationships were strained within a years time. Not much room to grow unless you know someone and that is not a guarantee as management could be laid off just as quickly.
Complete cold calls with leads that were not that great. It is a team environment and if you are not a great performer you will not be acknowledged for the most part.
Pros
commissions, benefits, hour lunches, monday-friday
Cons
commissons, high turn over
Great Environment, Flexible scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 12, 2016
This job was really a great stepping stone. The fact that I was working in Project Nissan was one of the most amazing experiences. I have learned so much about the automotive industry and how much culture the automotive industry has on peoples daily lives.

Working behind the scenes with corporate and learning how a company sustains in a multi-billion dollar COMPETITIVE industry is a site. To be able to hear how Consumers feel about a brand, new ideas, and criticism to help continue to push out a great product has been an amazing learning experience.

This job was one of the most painless jobs you can have if you
1) Come to work on time,
2) Complete your job assignments,
3) Learn the product, so you can help others

Management likes to keep the enviornment relaxed.

Negative is that you have a salary cap after 2 years of being there. At that point you need a management position to get more pay. They have bonus checks for Top Tier Performers but Teletech cut the bonus by 2%. 2% is a lot especially when you get the bonus check often. :)
Pros
2 Paid breaks and a Lunch
Cons
Salary Cap after 2 years
Great place to work!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 28, 2016
TeleTech offered a generous salary and a great advancement. I learned a lot about the call center culture. The management was wonderful! The company truly cares about their employees and offers great benefits!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Weber City, VA 24290November 15, 2016
Productive work place, excellent management, opportunity for advancement. Growing company that is constantly changing. Provides excellent job security and also has a wonderful training and quality department.
Pros
401K, Insurance benefits, Paid Vacation, Hollidays and Sick Leave
Cons
Long commute, short breaks
n/a
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 1, 2016
Manage day to day operations for a multiline business client. Day to day operations consist of supervising fifteen supervisors and one hundred and seventy front line reps. I manage this lines of business profit and loss by working with the workforce management team to increase production efficiency in order to maximize revenue. Working daily with training and quality assurance, I ensure our team is working to close performance gaps and increase efficiency. One of my most important tasks is ensuring employees remain satisfied with their career. This is accomplished through ensuring supervisors are providing regular coaching and ensuring employees are career pathed and recognized for their efforts.
fun workplace not very productive in telesales
Sprint Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be making about 80 outbound calls to try and convert businesses over to the sprint network. I learned some skills in telesales. The management was fair. They did their best in trying to train in telesales. The hardest part of the job was trying to convince businesses that have been with a provider in ATT or Verizon for years to switch over to Sprint which is very hard to do.
Pros
They worked with you on needing to take off work for personal needs
Cons
The healthcare benefits is horrible in my opinion
Fun and great advancement opportunity
Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2016
I loved working here and would go back anytime, I advanced quickly, was compensated generously, and bad a lot of fun. The management politics are a little shifty but over more good than bad.
Pros
Culture and advancement
Cons
High school politics in management
Fun place to work while bettering yourself
Licensed Sales Agent/ broker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 22, 2016
Great place to work. Especially for younger people. Good environment, great benefits, good people. You could potentially get licensed to sell insurance. They pay for and maintain license status. You improve as a person and professionally at Teletech. You are constantly and consistently praised and encouraged to follow your dreams and passions outside of work place. It is almost a community feeling at Teletech and I'm proud and thankful of my good fortune to have worked their at the position I held.
Pros
People are great and look out for your best intrest

Want to know more about TeleTech?

Ask a question
TeleTech was a wonderful place of work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 13, 2016
TeleTech is a great business. The management is very caring and professional. There are many different types of people that work with you. They are very generous with allowing you to take personal time during the day to recollect yourself, get a bite to eat, or to relax. From TeleTech, I learned a lot about patience and self confidence. Some customers would call with difficult requests. I gained self confidence by studying the materials we handled and being able to resolve the customers' issues without outside support. The hardest part of the job was providing service to outraged or inconsolable customers. Some customers would call with issues unrelated to our department, and explaining this was not welcomed at times. At the same time, our customers were the most enjoyable part of the job. This job offers the opportunity to speak with and assist a diverse population. I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, Diversity in Workforce, Enjoyable Work, Respectable Management
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  @homeDecember 6, 2016
Teletech is a great company to work for and I would still be employed here; however, the project that I worked for unfortunately ended. My Team Lead and co-workers were great, and did everything they could to help one another. I highly recommend this company if you want to work from the comfort of your home and enjoy seasonal work.
Pros
Work from home!
Cons
No healthcare and few raises, usually a temp position.
It was a nice place to work
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 18, 2016
It was a nice place to work. However, management wasn't the best, there were rumors of fleas being in the carpets where the agents work, but it was still nice to have a job.
Pros
fun atmosphere, nice co workers, the job is easy
Cons
Fleas in the carpets, benefits not that great, management wasn't that great either
Rewarding and fun dealing with customers resolve issues over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeNovember 2, 2016
Teletech is a great company to work for and to move up in your career, however, they do not give pay raises, and cut my hours when they promoted me. I had a lot of fun working for Teletech, just couldnt afford the short hours
Pros
Work at home, talk on telephone (VoIP)
Cons
no raises
Teletech is horrible.
Call Center Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 5, 2016
I felt like a number instead of a person to them. They hired us in bulk (hoarded us like cattle). We trained on the computer for nearly a month before entering the call center. They are way too tight on their scheduling. Could not clock in 5 minutes early, and a minute late, you were docked. Call center environment was too strict and they did not care about the employees, just the number of calls they could take. They also did not offer raises. You were hired at $10 and that was it.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment, management, supervision, time management
A good place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2016
I thought my time at Teletech was productive, and they paid decent. A career for some and not for others. Its a decent place to work to make a paycheck and pay the bills. Management was tolerable, work was not that demanding. The hardest part of the job is maintaining standards that third party puts on the company and the people they hire. There is no control over the outcome when the third party controls the process.
Pros
Good people to work with, lots of luncheons
Cons
Can't think of any
Make friends, you'll need them
Banking Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 7, 2016
If you don't have friends at teletech, you're going to hate your life. We fondly refer to it as telehell. Well I should say I use to since I quit after some time there. More than qualified to move up but of course it is very well known how you actually need to perform. I was not willing to subject myself to hanging out with management outside of work or doing anything inappropriate with them either. So if you wanna work here and move up quickly, find someone in management you can make your best friend (or more) because it wont happen any other way.

As well if you hate seeing people that don't do their job, perfect place for you. Management will never do anything about these people, so complain away because they don't care. It's easy to know how to do your job as long as you pay attention. So for easy cash this is the place. Otherwise you'll learn quickly that management is a joke, no one cares about you, and if you have a 30 minute lunch break - oh well, take a full hour. They don't pay attention nor care. You have to try extremely hard to get fired, so leniency is a thing here too.
Pros
If you make friends that's about it
Don't do it!
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  @homeJuly 11, 2016
Yes it's a legit work from home job. They keep adding more and more responsibility to your job profile until you break. There are no raises, at all. They pay 9 bucks an hour but your basically an administrative assistant with what all they add on to you. The amount of money for what you actually end up doing is not worth it. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
At home work
Cons
No raises, low pay, slim possibility for advancement.
Good opportunity to work from home, everything else is bad
Post Purchase Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work from home, and I did so for 2 years, but management is bad, non supportive and basically non existent. I knew who my manager was from email notices and that is it. Pay is really low, they say its because you work from home, but no job pays you based on commute, only on experience. They demand a lot and give very little. I started working 40 hours a week and ended up working 10 hours a week. Your hours fluctuate like crazy and drastically. It is not bad, if all you need is a little extra money and do not wish to go far with the company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay, no benefits, non reliable hours
Just not enough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 25, 2016
To much expected for a company that never gives a raise. They do give a bonus monthly if your metrics are perfect. Its not enough to compensate however. Would much prefer a raise. High turnover.
Pros
Breaks staff and employees
Cons
No raise and a lot to be expected for the pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.