TeleTech@Home

TeleTech@Home Employer Reviews

Teletech@home is a good company to work for.
BB Reward Zone Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: you work from your home office.
One of the best aspects of this company is the convenience of working from home. Also the flexible schedule is a big plus.
Productive yet fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Cons: sent home early when slow
It has very reliable scheduling. Friendly coworkers. Sent home early if call flow is slow.
Great virtual environment
Call Options Attendant (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 15, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: short breaks, poor scheduling, low pay
Answered incoming calls and directed the customer to the correct department or answered their questions. Mentored co-workers, was a chat coach for approx. 125 agents answering questions regarding calls. Hardest part of the job was lack of control over schedule. If call volume was low you would be told to leave the phones and then when volume spiked they would call you back to work. Best part of the job was my co-workers. Always supporting each other and boosting morale in chat rooms.
Good place for short term employment
Call Options Attendant (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay, no recognition, poor scheduling
Not much opportunity for advancement. Always a numbers game with stats but very little, if any recognition for good performance. Started a reward program and stopped it after two months with no explanation.
Great people but low pay and little advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 14, 2014
Pros: working from home, great managers
Cons: low pay, unrealistic metrics
I started off as a seasonal employee during the holidays and wound up staying for three years. Overall, the job was very demanding and the pay was not adequate for what was expected. There are some great employees there and some wonderful managers, but the pay is just too low. Also, they will cut your hours and send you home the instant call volume drops even a little bit.
...
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 3, 2014
Good temp job to work for............................................................................................................................................................
good job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), at homeMarch 13, 2014
Pros: set time
Cons: it's ok
clock in log onto system
place ant track orders
okay
not knowing if your going to work until you have log in
working from home
Working from home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: i am home for my children
Cons: salary
Answer calls like a call center. I enjoy being able to assist customers with questions and provide them with the proper information possible. I learn something new everyday that I can use in my own life.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative - Seasonal (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkFebruary 20, 2014
I should have known when the trainer disappeared and left us alone for over an hour with no warning, that this would go nowhere. I had to fight for over a month to get paid and was already working somewhere else by the time I finally got my first check.
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: no driving and no wardrobe
Cons: difficult customers
I enjoy working at home because it allows me to opportunity to be there for my children and also saves money. A day at work can be busy or slightly slow depending on call volume which is okay. I learn new things everyday and the company is constantly changing per customer needs.
Don't bother unless you enjoy the unknown
Customer Service (Former Employee), At homeFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: only one - working at home
Cons: low wage, seasonal, no room for advancement, pretty much everything except the working at home part
First and foremost, Teletech@Home hires seasonally and they make no apologies for that. But more importantly, they hire at $8.50 an hour where YOU supply a newer computer, high speed internet access, usb headphone with attached microphone all for the privilege of working part time at that wage. You will have about 2 weeks of training which includes "nesting" where they listen to a couple of calls you take and tell you what you did wrong and then you are taking holiday calls and being told to keep your call time down, had better get 100% on your call quality audits (by people in the Philippines, by the way) and hope a customer does not turn in a bad customer survey on you because those are your stats. If you think you can control all that, let's talk about a customer crying over a lost shipment they purchased for over $500 and is someone's Christmas present and there is nothing you can do, but they expect you to...and you end up talking to this person for 15 minutes or longer trying to help them. Well, your stats require call resolution within THREE minutes. The specific script you must read may sound just sweetness and light (Thank you for calling ****, my name is ****, and who do I have the pleasure of speaking with), but in talking to real people, you cannot always say EVERYTHING they expect you to say (the above is just a small part of the script you MUST say on every call) and if you do not say it, your quality audit person in the Philippines marks it off your QA stats.

Oh, and their network platform is not a very stable thing, meaning you get knocked off, have dropped – more... calls and many other issues, but even though most of them are Teletech issues, it is on YOU to get back in and stay productive. If you are knocked off for 10 minutes or longer, your pay will be docked for that time. Also, pretty much everything they require is done on YOUR time, not theirs. So if you are not on the phones and productively working, you will not be paid. I did not suffer as much downtime as others, but even I had a few times that their software simply was not working properly - meaning I was not paid because they have issues. Does not seem right at all, but that's the way it is.

So, understanding that it is work that pays you very little and expects a great deal of you and will then lay you off in a day's notice at the end of the holiday season, it's your choice whether you want to play the "you are not important to us" game with Teletech@Home. I learned my lesson with this company and will never work for them again no matter how desperate my situation. – less
Very Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gowen, MIJanuary 10, 2014
Everyday talked with new customers everyday. Was able to get help from managers and supervisors. Very friendly coworkers.
Easy job working from home.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 7, 2013
Pros: work from home, decent pay
Cons: schedule shift, hours cut
The only real negative is that they keep changing the schedules. You'll have a set schedule one week then they'll shift your schedule an hour or two the next or remove hours during low call volume. They also use Mandatory Time Off a lot while you're working your shift. Other than that its a simple, easy job.
WAH Opp - Good if you only want15-18 hours per week
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Corporate located at Englewood CONovember 27, 2013
Pros: a few benefits; work at home; w2 employee
Cons: low pay; very pt except for 5 weeks during the holidays; difficult customers
15-18 hours a week.

Scheduling issues

Low pay with no increase

Some benefits

Work at home; payroll employee

Difficult customers sometimes

Meet metrics or lose the job

Be flexible and don't talk much - be a minion
A convenient fast paced and detail oriented position.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, G.A.November 18, 2013
Log in to Teletech@Home Data Base
Provide Excellent Customer Service
Receive Inbound Calls Regarding Capitol One Credit Card Accounts
Troubleshoot Account Issues
Receive Payments
Manage Changes to Accounts
Great company, excellent training program, ability to advance rapidly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 28, 2013
Provided inbound customer support and sales for customers of Fortune 500 companies. As a member of the bb.com team I was responsible for handling a high-volume of incoming calls to provide product information, to create and/or modify orders, to track shipments and provide shipping details, to assist customers with website issues, to create online customer accounts, and to process customer payments. Utilized problem solving skills to increase customer satisfaction and minimize company costs. Position required great attention to accuracy and details, as performance ratings were determined on agents' ability to resolve each call within a predetermined amount of time and the total number of calls handled during each shift worked. Management was friendly and helpful and company offered excellent training program and opportunities to advance quickly.
Teletech is very Flexible
Seasonal Trainer/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2013
The hours are flexible you are able to work around your life. The hours are also short I am looking for another job because I need more work hours.
The great advantagewas working at home
Customer Service (Former Employee), ColoradoSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: working at home, flexiable scheduling
Cons: if you don't have your internet, they could fire you.
I mostly answered inbound calls and set people up for American Red cross classes. I enjoyed being able to work at home, with a small amount of supervision. The hardest part of the job was not being able to refund customers money, when they missed a class, they really wanted you to do something, but, it just wasn't in our power to do anything, even if it was an emergency of why they missed it. I was given a position to help out in the chat room so that I could help out other co-workers, with questions, it was a great way to learn new information.
Nice at home job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 26, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: low pay
Have several different companies you can work for, great part-time work from home position for the holiday season. Company I worked for, I assist with online purchases. Can get busy, must be able to work in quite area. must have good customer service skills and good at taking inbound calls.
Work from home is Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: no cons
A typical day is answering incoming calls. I learned how to properly deal with customers and deliver impeccable customer service. Allowed me to manage my hours and be my own supervisor