Tellabs Employee Reviews

Tellabs
System Test and Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 28, 2017
At this point this once very good company gone for ever/ Like Motorola and Lucent all great American companies gone to history. Global competition and technology changes.
Pros
All good
Great company while growing
Organization Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 1, 2017
Good company, growing while I was there which created many opportunities to help. Great HR Learning and Development staff, with smart leadership. Multi-national.
Pros
complex problems with lots of variety
Cons
Long commute for me
WOW - what a great company
Technical Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I was hired as a contractor only. This is one of the few places I have seen that everyone gets along, there is not the standard "rumor mill", and the entire environment is built on respect and professionalism.
Excellent Company
Senior Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Throughly enjoyed working for this company. Many good people here. Everyone was willing to share technical knowledge between all departments. Company goal was in an all one for all manner. Everyone was successful and met customers needs.
Friendly colleagues but company didn't do well
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2016
My mentor was a very senior guy and very good at work, but the company seemed to have no plans for our site, so there was a lay off. Don't have too much to work on before I left.
Don't d0 it
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2016
The Lead is an A and management, does not listen.The company is always in flux and no position is secure there. Gets great reviews but never seen a place so many were trying to get out of. I would pass on them, there are better choices out there.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
tellabs taught us all about our jobs
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 27, 2016
we had a good insentive to learn more jobs. Each time we learned more jobs we got more pay. I was able to become a teacher for new employees. My most enjoyable part of my job was I learned many jobs.
Pros
we were able to get stocks because of our good work ethics
Cons
i didnt have any
I loved working for Tellabs. A company that is strong both for the company and the employee
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 25, 2016
Tellabs was a great place to learn a new career. I learned how to solve problems for the diverse customer base they had and learned to work on and run complex systems that the whole world learns everyday.
Pros
one of the best companys to work for.
Cons
Not very secure but, it was a great place to work
Senior Engineer, Hardware Design (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Endless opportunities to learn.
Very comfortable environment.
Well stocked with test equipment and components.
Very collaborative atmosphere.
Fellow employees were friends as well.
challenging work enviroment to test my training and skills
Shipping - Receiving - Assembly - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 15, 2015
the teamwork and job positions made it enjoyable to complete the work day tasks. my co workers made it feel like family working together to complete job orders and tasks.
Pros
Had alot of opportunities to put all my skills and training to work daily.
Cons
went under
Fun group of people to work with.
MT2 (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 1, 2015
Worked as a software load builder. Interfaced with the software engineers to obtain information for building software loads that controlled telephone switches.

Learned a lot about software creation.

Our build team was very close and we helped each other to insure timely builds for the software team.

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to start a build.
Pros
Great co-workers and good managers
Cons
Telephone business changed radically and the need for our equipment vanished.
Tellabs was a family oriented company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 2, 2015
Working at Tellabs was by far the best place to work for me. Tellabs gave me opportunities in a career that I truly enjoy. Working at Tellabs have me the freedom to achieve skill sets that I had not experienced in the past through the work that I did with Tellabs supply base world wide.

Working at Tellabs was like working with a large family. To date, I remain in contact with multiple co workers and management. At Tellabs, family was the most important commodity, meaning, Tellabs belief was "If the employee is happy, Tellabs would benefit".

The hardest part of working at Tellabs was being released due to downsizing. I truly enjoyed the environment and culture and will look for a position with the same culture.
Pros
Family work life balance
Cons
No longer in business
My job required traveling.
Implementation/Circuit Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 21, 2015
I travel to other location to perform site audits and met with other carriers. I performed traffic migration for a lot of companies with great remarkable kudos.
Pros
Travel.
Cons
None at all.
Good company to work for
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  santa claraSeptember 9, 2015
Full of projects and new innovation initatives
Great people and talents
Everyone is driven and very dedicated
Feels like a start up company and people are empowered
productive environment
Services Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 20, 2015
I was afforded the opportunity for growth and learning the business. I was able to hold just about every position within the company and realize what was the best fit for me. Workplace was hectic but manageable and very flexible. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
great environment
Good place to work and learn
DWDM Network Design and Certification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 17, 2015
Good place to work and learn. Reliable coworkers and management that encourages learning and growth. Heavy on learning resources such as labs and materials.
Pros
Lunck room with hot lunches served daily. Health club on the premesis
Cons
lot of lay offs
Good technology company.
Sr. ERP Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 15, 2015
Good technology company. Work and personal life balance. Corporate office in Naperville, IL will is one of the best place to leave.
A good place to work
Project Leader and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 3, 2015
I did two stints at Tellabs. The first was after they had bought Steinbrecher, the company I was working for at the time, ~1996, in Massachusetts. I was a Development Manager working on a project to provide a Tellabs Titan 6100-specific front-end to HP's OpenView NMS. I'll have to say that at that time middle management at our facility was kind of chaotic, with managers working at cross-purposes. It was bad enough to make me leave for another company. I liked the people I worked with and kept in touch. A couple of years after I left, a friend requested that I consider coming back as a Project Manager, which I did. It was like night and day. The management team that I was part of was cohesive and communicated with each other to work towards a common goal. I really enjoyed the experience and the increased contact I had with the mothership back in Illinois. I was involved in all phases of our product, from software and hardware development, to testing, to manufacturing. Later, I took a position as a hardware Development Manager, as I was a Software Engineer, this meant I had a lot to learn, happily, I had a good team who didn't mind teaching me.

Unfortunately, Tellabs made the decision to pullout of the Northeast and started closing down facilities there in late November, 2001 and as I had just delivered the hardware modules my team was responsible for and there was no new development in sight, I was laid off at that time.
Pros
Good people and environment
Cons
Got laid off
Lots changing
Staff Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 29, 2015
Company sold to privately held firm. Lots of cuts and changes. Odds are they will break up the company and sell it off in the next few years.
My first employment in the USA
Data Sales & Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 6, 2015
I had some of great supervisors and managers who helped me and trained me to be a good Manager. I had fun working with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tellabs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval