Tellabs

Tellabs Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with a great working environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), DallasOctober 28, 2014
Great work culture, reviews and opinions heard from all, real field issues were challenges and great guidance from seniors.
Good as a young startup
Associate Program Manager (Former Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 9, 2014
Started out great and lost some of the personal touch as they became a larger complany
Work Review of Tellabs
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee), Tellasb, Ashburn, VAJuly 31, 2014
Very friendly, very very hard working, give importance to quality of work and deadlines.
Fun place to work.
Technical Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Round Rock TexasJune 19, 2014
Pros: close to home, people
Cons: plant closure
The people made the place. Meet and made many great friends, and when it came down to getting the job done we all pitched in and meet our goals. If they did not shut the plant down in Round Rock, I might still be there.
Evolving
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 31, 2014
Acquired by Coriant. No longer tellabs. Technically now a German company
Good experience, but didn't last
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 23, 2014
I had a very interesting position at Tellabs for three months. I enjoyed the work and the people, but a massive layoff of the whole division brought everything to a premature end.
Awesome place to work
Human Resources/Training Consultant (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 22, 2014
Excellent Company Loved working there.
Laid off in 2003 when industry tanked
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 17, 2014
Tellabs was a very good place to have an internship. The internship allows you to talk to high level executives. The people are very friendly and hard working.
wonderful work experience
Technician (Former Employee), Bolingbrook,ILMarch 1, 2014
great co-workers and management
there was diversity in daily tasks
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Staff Engineer/Hadoop developer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 14, 2013
Working at Tellabs, this is the first time I'm actually excited on my commute in the morning. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction.
Was a good compnay
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: work life balance for some.
Cons: weak leadership.
Changing industry dynamics, weak management and decision making have been a deadly blow to this company. The original start-up.
Nice place to work.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 14, 2013
Nice place to work until the recession of the late 90's. They had their first layoffs which made everyone feel on edge.
Fast paced , Productive, Extremely clean for a warehouse but State of the ArtArt
Team Leader/ Electronics Associate (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: bring your own lunches, order food.
Cons: no open anything at night.
I worked nights on this job so it was a little bit different. You would come in and find out what was going on and relieve the next person. We utilized a lot of high tech machinery. The people were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn all that high tech equipment but the enjoyable part was being able to utilize what you learned
Excellent company with great compensation and benefits
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 3, 2013
A typical day at work was tracking deliverables for projects, and facilitating/attending meetings. I learned that commercial jobs pay more than government jobs. My co-workers were great and management listened to team members. The hardest part of the job was finding available conference room for a meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job was going – more... to work everyday and achieving milestones. – less
The best job I've had considering it paid the most.
Electronic Prototype Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: sign on bonus, top pay, cramer chairs, a1 test equipment, 3 weeks vacation, severence pay.
Cons: i had flexible hours at first, but 6 months later they brought in a manager that made things more strict for no good reason.
This was the best technician job I had taking 4 hours to test 1 unit and 2 hours on average to troubleshoot 1 unit. Too bad the company downsized from 13k employees to 5k employees wiping out all of the MA jobs.
The only job more fun was working in a Cabinet Shop in Millis, MA for $6/hr.
Telecom equipment supplier
R&D (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Focus markets - mobile backhaul, packet optical, broadband access
Great place
Staff Engineer, Software Development (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 2, 2012
My co-workers are the best in the world.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flex hours and telecommuting.
Productive and fun workplace
Planning Engineer/Equipment Specialist/Purchasing (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches on the patio
Cons: nothing that i can remenber
Tellabs was a good place to work! I learned a lot by working there, dealing with multiple vendors, Field Engineers and upper management, addressing everyday issues. I was able to expand my technical knowledge by interacting on a daily basis with Test development, hardware/software and R & D organizations.
Because I was dealing on a daily basis with – more... the Global Services Organization, I was not able to have eye contact with the customer I was dealing with, that was the hardest part of my job.
The best part of my job was when we go outside our offices and walked around the beautiful grounds, sharing our daily experiences, good, and bad. – less
Supportive managers with great work-life balance
Market Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Naperville, ILApril 12, 2012
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: layoffs and constant restructuring
I really enjoyed my time working at Tellabs. The environment is productive and conducive to sharing. Very diverse workplace. Tellabs provides employees with a lot of amenities including a very nice cafeteria, gym and covered garages (so you'll never have to shovel off your car after a long day at work). There have also been several layoffs while working – more... here as well which makes for a rather unstable work environment. – less
Good company
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), santa clara caApril 3, 2012
Pros: free dinners
Cons: short breaks
Good compensation, culture. Good work and life balance. Hands off management.

About Tellabs

Tellabs provides communications service companies with the nuts and bolts of their networks. The company's telecom network equipment – Read more