Telligen Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Overall a good place to work
Senior Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
The only issue I encountered at Telligen is that employees are constantly changing positions and frequently are placed in departments that they are completely unfamiliar with.
peer reviewer
Peer Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2017
I have worked for Telligen as a peer reviewer for over five years. In that time I have approved and denied claims based on medical necessity for the Minnesota Medicaid population.
Productive and fun place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2017
Visit 5-6 members , educate on disease process
assist w/obtaining community resources to meet need, thus decreasing return to hospital.
I learned if you teach member how to manage their health it would decrease readmissions>
The work culture was very conducive and very close knit , everyone worked well together.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people to manage their health and co workers
Hardest part of the job was trying to contact members due to phones were disconnected or they had changed their numbers and not updated their information
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of driving
Enjoyable staff and company
Medical Director for MN Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2016
I provided on-line reviews of various cases, primarily for approving emergency medical assistance for non-citizens. I could work at home on my own time and still meet my obligations to my full-time employer.
Fun job with a great culture
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2016
I worked for the Iowa Medicaid contract. I learned about multiple different parts of Medicaid throughout the years. The management for the most part was great. I loved all of my co-workers and they were such good team members. My hardest part of my job was working with the policy department because they drove my line of work. The best part of my job was all of the wonderful people I worked with.
Great people, Good environment.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2016
Telligen is a great company, its employees in mind. Each employee is a owner after one year and this has benefits. The training I received was not sufficient to complete the job, but this is not company wide. Its complex environment with little room for error. Redundancy is the work, which if you like regime and unchanging work - this is for you. The group contract with OHCA and that part of the job is quite interesting. Overall, I loved my time there.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, opportunities for investment inside the company, various contracts provide different aspects of the jobs and therefore, room to move within.
Cons
Training is lacking, expectations are high with little understanding of the processes, no room for error.
Fun Environment
Review Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with while at Telligen, I knew what I was doing on a daily basis, and enjoyed working on my own, I don't like to be micro-managed as long as the work is getting done
Great Co-workers!
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2015
The employee owners at Telligen truly do make a difference. They are among some of the most passionate and caring individuals I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Contract work
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Long term care reviewer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 15, 2015
Enjoyed every aspect of this job. Staff was great to work with and we all got on together very well.We were able to wear casual clothing 4 days a week with jeans on Fridays. Help was always available. Supervisors were very good. Felt a part of the family.
Pros
Hours, location and compensation. Staff superb
Cons
While it was full time, Telligen was essentially a temp agency.
Management is very knowledgeable and personable
Review Assistant II (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 18, 2015
great pay and benefits were great when I first started but now the benefits are not the best. Relaxed work atmosphere and team work is good depending on which team you are on. Staff turnaround is low but staff do transfer to other departments quite often.
Pros
Laid back work enviornment
Cons
advancement seems to only go to those that are in with clicks.
Poor place to work
Review Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 14, 2015
I had a great manager, then I switched to a different department and was treated poorly. They expect you to do your work along with everyone else work. The HR department does not care.
Enjoyable coworkers
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 25, 2013
Poor communication between management and staff. Not informed of changes until the last minute.
Excellent training process. Was given one month to train with qualified staff member.
Spoke with members on the phone about their current health issues, setting goals and developing a plan of care for each member.
Pros
working with co-workers and members
Cons
poor communication between management and staff
Executive management out of touch
Financial Accountant Lead (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2013
Executive management is unapproachable and out of touch with employee population. Management likes to blame others. No advancement opportunities. Felt unappreciated from management. No work life balance. Would not recommend.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
layed back atmosphere, and lots of work
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 8, 2013
I was a contract employee for Telligen, but really enjoyed working there. The atmosphere was very layed back, and I had plenty of work to keep me busy
Family oriented, great benefits and pay
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 5, 2013
Calling patients to do their monthly phone assessment and education, charting there assessment and progress on health goals.Usually tried to get ahold of 7-10 patients a day as had a case load of 150 to 170 to complete each month either assessments or 3 attempts to reach member per month. Calling Dr offices to collaborate about patient. Sending out educational material to the patients.I learned a lot about health coaching, care plans and using the computer at this job as well as Medicaid and finding resources for the patients.My direct mangers were good and very willing to help the team with any time off needed.My co-workers for the most part were great team playersThe hardest part of this job was the case load and deadlines at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part of this job was the patients and my co-workers.
Pros
the hours, weekends and holidays off.
Cons
short breaks and high caseload
Lead Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50266July 18, 2013
Telligen puts employees first. Happy employees work hard to make their projects successful and their customers happy.
stressful work with little reward.
Health Coach (NCM) (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 17, 2013
Not a good employer. Are encouraged to work harder and faster and not take breaks. Work is salaried. Work about 50-60 hrs a week for same salary. Work is contractual and can end at any time. Management is only concerned about making money, not the employees. Supervisors are secretive and there is alot of favoritism. Lots of harrassment of employs not in the "clicks".
Pros
free parking, on site cafeteria.
Cons
are salaried and work alot of unpaid overtime. Difficult to take time off, end up working extra upon return to work.
Contract Work
Quality Improvement Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 7, 2013
Good company. Contract work is unstable. People are great, but the work and job descriptions are not clear.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unstable
Understands Market Worth
SR. HEALTH INFORMATICS SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2012
Telligen is very in line with market norms as far as benefits and compensation. They whey heavily on market research to and adjust accordingly.
A great organization of hard working people
Director Minnesota Medicaid Programs (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 23, 2012
All in all a good place to work, if you reside in West DesMoines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telligen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8