THI is a startup biotechnology company on the San Francisco Peninsula dedicated to leveraging the power of telomere biology in personalized health care. Founders are Nobel Laureate Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn, and Drs. Calvin Harley (former CSO of Geron Corporation), Elissa Epel (UCSF), and Jue Lin (UCSF).
Description: The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for supervising Clinical Lab Assistants, performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, interpreting and reporting patient results, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask, flexibility with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Performance of laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures.
- Performance, review and documentation of laboratory quality control procedures.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Review, interpretation and reporting of patient results.
- Identifying and remedying problems that adversely affect test performance.
- Reporting all test quality and safety concerns to the Laboratory Director or Safety Officer.
- Preparing performance reviews on testing personnel within specified time-frames.
- Tracking training and competency of testing personnel.
Requirements: We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable in an expanding, fast-paced high complexity clinical laboratory.
The ideal candidate must possess a valid California CLS license, and will have:
- A minimum of two years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Strong computer Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues that impact test performance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain open communication with coworkers, non-laboratory personnel, and managers.
- Previous supervisory experience a must.
- In depth understanding of standard molecular biology techniques such as Nucleic acid extraction, purification & quantification, qPCR, Cloning, Gene Transfer and Analysis, Gel Electrophoresis, Southern Blotting, Bioanalyzer Profiling
- Experience with liquid handling automation
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Telome Health, Inc. is a startup biotechnology company on the San Francisco Peninsula dedicated to leveraging the power of telomere biology...