TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Worked for many years for them
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 23, 2017
Telus WAS a great place to work as a entry level job. For the first 10 years I only had great things to say. That all changed the new CEO was able to get 26 million for not doing is job. What did we get laid off! I have 50 former colleagues that have left over they years before it got to the point where I was depressed coming into work. I was doing the job of 5 people and not getting paid a dime extra. With the promise of opportunities that were then blocked by your own manager if they personally didn't want you to go.

Unfortunately they pay so well it's hard to leave Telus but 50% of employees who work there if another job was offered to them outside the company they would leave. As well as would take a lay off package if offered to the department they would take it.

So if you have thick skin and are okay with working crazy hours when required, then this place is for you.

Benefits are decent IF you get hired full time.
Pay is great.
Work life balance depends what department most don't have a good work life balance.
Pros
Cheaper cell phone bill
don't have our back
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
The client we work for has unrealistic raise goals and the management refuses to stand up for us.
we answer phones and have to deal with getting yelled at by customers who are unhappy with the clients changes to their benefits.
Don't be a contractor
Telecommunications Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greater Vancouver Regional DistrictAugust 7, 2017
High stress, unrealistic expectations, zero support, dwindling money for more work and higher expectations. If you can work directly for the company it's not bad, but as a contractor you're expendable and are paid less and less while expecting to have a much larger skill-set and knowledge base than even the in-house technicians. Support from managers is non-existent and contractors are viewed as scabs by the in-house techs, despite the fact that Telus is the one off-loading their positions.
productive day
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2017
We are given time to to rest and have other extra activities that would help us grow as a person.They provide the necessary training for the work required
Fun environment and good company
Customers Service Rep. Back Office (Former Employee) –  McKinley exchange in Ayala makati cityFebruary 19, 2017
I love the account and the company. Friendly environment and the learning curve is really good. I can recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
Freebies
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay but horrible work environment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2017
Great overall pay but the management from training to operations are not equipped to handle basic job responsibilities.
Meh
Sales Representative / Client Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 1, 2016
Fun place to work but after a while one has to progress to feel motivated and thats where Telus lacked. I decided to go back to school and here I am now :)
Telus International
Vice President IPO/BPO/CCO Strategy (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work that valued the employees and the environment that they worked within. Super culture and benefits.
Excellent work experience
product manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 15, 2016
Best company to work for tele communication and IT roles. Very creative company, employees and management.

Company takes care of employee and customers equally
Good workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
Atmosphere was great, training was top notch, and they had a lot of fun activities we could participate in during lunch and breaks. Had a lot of fun working here with my co-workers.
Pros
Atmosphere
Excellent work environment
Office Assistant/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2015
This company was very thorough with their training. Having the opportunity to work for this company will leave an everlasting impression.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Campaign ended
Telus Communications had a lot of potential.
Netflix Chat Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2015
Telus Communications was my first true guest service job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with including management, however, job security was rocky and they were constantly closing campaigns causing current employee's to become unemployed all the while hiring new employees. I loved working with our guests and assisting them with any questions and/or concerns, as that was what the job entailed.
Pros
Awesome activities for breaks, and a layed back work environment.
Cons
Little to no job security.
Awesome sauce
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
I've been around the call center life, Telus by far being the best so far. I love the atmosphere, they're not very strict as far as dress code and rules. Everyone seems to enjoy it, the atmosphere is wonderful.
Pros
Gym, game room, smoking area, marketplace, no phone check-in
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2015
They really strive to make the workplace enjoyable. Open door policy and they pay attention to their employees. Your chance for advancement are greater than any other place I've been but limited after 1 or 2 advancements.
Unorganized and incompetent
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2015
third party service they are relatively new and very unethical. It is not somewhere a moral person could enjoy working.
Pros
Inside
Cons
unqualified staff
Productive and fun place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2015
A typical work day at Telus is filled with co-workers who are excited to do their jobs. I learned to go for more then standard, to shoot above and beyond. My experience with management have been a good one, for the most part they try to meet your needs as an employee. The co-workers are inspiring and up lifting. The hardest part of the job was maintaining your calm, when customers yell and cuss you out, when you know you have done everything you have done to give them the best resolution possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting goals, and giving positive rewards from management.
Best Call Center, I've worked at so far
Jawbone Customer Support/NetFlix Chat Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Its pretty stable and if a desk closes down they do their best to place people.

Very big and employees are very welcoming
Pros
Company activities, Dresscode
Cons
None that I can recall
Great Work Atmosphere
Manager, Customer Service Associate, Sales (Current Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAJune 6, 2014
Management let us run the business as if it was our own. Always able to take ownership of any situation with confidence. Very flexible with hours during my sons baseball season and for special days or events. We would always get business taken care of and then be able to have some free time or "fun" with our day.
Cheap company
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
Management attempts to cut costs at every turn, my team received a pay cut after 3 months of record performance (talk about employee appreciation.)
Productive and fun job, with a game room and a great food trucks for our lunches.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
Each day at Telus was about the same with minor differences with so many customers dealt with that day. I learned a lot about the company as they taught us very well to help out the customer. The management was very energetic and helpful with what ever question or problem came up. All co-workers were very helpful and great friends at the end of the day.
Pros
Food trucks, Game room, Ping pong table, No Dress Code.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.