TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

Cheap company
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
Management attempts to cut costs at every turn, my team received a pay cut after 3 months of record performance (talk about employee appreciation.)
Productive and fun job, with a game room and a great food trucks for our lunches.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
Pros: food trucks, game room, ping pong table, no dress code.
Cons: n/a
Each day at Telus was about the same with minor differences with so many customers dealt with that day. I learned a lot about the company as they taught us very well to help out the customer. The management was very energetic and helpful with what ever question or problem came up. All co-workers were very helpful and great friends at the end of the – more... day. – less
Supervisors need more training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2014
Pros: type of work, hours are flexible
Cons: training and supervisors
The company itself is good. The supervisors don't offer enough assistance as they claimed they would. I did love what I was helping clients with, however, as it was for NETFLIX.
fun work place
Customer Service Rep. / Tech Support (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2014
Good experience, learned how to trouble shoot, and how to have a more personal connection with customers.
Fun work place
Customer Service, Call Center (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2013
Pros: it was local
Cons: they moved
Came to work on time did my job and went home. I was able to handle 110 calls a day.
Loved the Job
Customer Service Chat support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2013
My job as chat was awesome, got to talk with all different types of people across the world and relate on movies. Co workers and environment was awesome.
excellent place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2012
Pros: free netflix, relaxed atmosphere, great employees
Cons: short lunch, horrible dsat guidelines.
Great company to work for. Relaxed atmosphere, constant work. Management was great.
Co-workers were ok.
The hardest part about the job was going home worrying if you would have a job the next day.
The most enjoyable thing is that the work atmosphere is an actual place you can love going to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), MontrealNovember 25, 2011
Pros: respect for the employee, share plan, retirement plan
Cons: salary
Telus respects the employees and have great benefits. However salary wise is a bit below the market.
Awesome job environment, awesome managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: dealing with customers can be stressful
On average you would answer 20 to 30 calls a day, depending on circumstances, and provide customers with basic technical support. They train you enough to do what is required (basic internet/service provider knowledge).

The management is truly awesome though. They are there to support you and want you to succeed.
Everyday a different enviroment with various challenges and learning opportunities
Service Deliver Administrator II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: vehicle, tools, laptop, cellphone
Cons: on call
I am a mobile worker, so I could start a typical day by logging into my laptop via VPN, at home, and checking a job Q. Or by having a scheduled install/ repair and driving to the customer premises to complete. Depending on the customer and the job I could spend all day at one customer premises or visit a variety of different customers. On a daily basis – more... I may deal with a variety different types of situations, a variety of different devices and many different opportunities to learn. Relying on collaboration from co-workers is key to being successful in my line of work because of the various devices that can be found in todays IT workplace. The hardest part of my job is being prepared for al the different challenges that I may face daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is never boring. I feel like I am always able to grow and learn because of the ever changing world of technology. – less
excellent working environment and good management
Desktop Support Analyst- Contractor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good career growth
TELUS is having very good management and one can easily balance the personnel and professional life. Above all there is no stress on work place.
Enjoyable, past paced friendly envorinment.
Frame Service Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 13, 2014
Creating batch jobs, working at Lendrum Co. & 4 remotes.
Running in and removel of jumpers for Pots lines, Adsl, various other functions.
Management unfortunately, not the greatest.
To many turn-overs for management positions. Of the 23 plus years I worked for Telus, must have had 16 different managers, some with no experience in CSD ( customer solutions – more... delivery).
Rarely had the chance to interact with co-workers, although I have trained many over the years.
Dealing with assignment issues created within batch jobs.
Taking great pride in my day to day work ethics and learning any knew tasks job related. – less
Great teamwork atmosphere
Central Office Mainetance and Build (Former Employee), Medicine Hat altaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: co workers are great and culture of teamwork is exelent
Cons: late night callouts
Great education potential. Lots of diverse co-works. The freedom and trust offered by management towards employees . The respect of peers and management is promoted .
fun place to work
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2014
very organized company, good company benefits, good work environment
Great company to work for
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
- Best work environment
- Great company to work for
- Excellent team environment
- Fun activities conducted periodically to motivate employees
- Flexible work hours
fun workplace
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
I worked on a brief contract many years ago, I helped warp up the transition of their help desk over to Philippines, good employer.
Work environment strongly depends on which department you're in.
Senior Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: additional benefits above pay are good (health, vacation, volunteer efforts, etc)
Cons: inconsistency of company values throughout company, salary
The best departments are fantastic! Fast paced, supportive, fun, good work/life balance. But others are the opposite. Recommend trying to talk to someone in the department if you really want to know.
nice place to work
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
I worked under good management.I enjoyed my work TELUS.
I got good support from my co-workers.
An amazing place to start and build a career
Learning Specialist Level 2 (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 24, 2014
You often hear of tech firms who lavish benefits on their employees and offer exciting challenges and growth while other, older corporations continue plodding along, doing the bare minimum to keep their employees engaged.

Not so with TELUS. From the first day of my employment to the very last, I felt that my workplace offered a fair, fun and exciting – more... place to develop my professional and interpersonal skills.

Regrettably, like all long trips, this one too had to end in order for me to grow my career further. – less
Nice culture
Help Desk (Former Employee), EdmontonJune 23, 2014
It is fine, Little work life balance. Nice people. Nice benefits

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more