TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

fun work place
Customer Service Rep. / Tech Support (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2014
Good experience, learned how to trouble shoot, and how to have a more personal connection with customers.
Excellent company
Director of Network Management Center (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Managed a NOC and teams that provided exemplary services managing outages and change events.
Fun Workplace
Customer Interaction Associate (Former Employee), Quezon City, P00September 14, 2013
Pros: some freebies and free foods
Cons: healthcare or vaccine
A typical day at work we usually had a team meeting before or any time of the shift if not have a busy calls. I learned to this kind of Job is to be more patience to different callers we receive everyday and with different character of colleagues as well. Management is really professional when it comes to the issue of Team Leaders towards his/her team. – more... My co-workers is like a second family though there is an issues sometimes but still we end up the day of our job that we help each other to get the job well done. The hardest part of the Job when so much calls calls comes in automatically in every seconds. The most enjoyable part of the Job no matter how busy we are when we have an events like Black Friday we have a custom contest by group. – less
Good Company
Operator (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 22, 2013
Telus was a good company to work for. Lots of perks, good staff.
with gym
Technical Support (Former Employee), taguig city philippinesJuly 1, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: shortbreaks
Taking calls
to talk to people
nice management
friendly
grave shift
break
Fun work place
Customer Service, Call Center (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2013
Pros: it was local
Cons: they moved
Came to work on time did my job and went home. I was able to handle 110 calls a day.
Loved the Job
Customer Service Chat support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2013
My job as chat was awesome, got to talk with all different types of people across the world and relate on movies. Co workers and environment was awesome.
Nice place to work
Terminal Development & Certification Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Telus is a well know telecom operator and the experience was great. Learned a lot about device certification. Writing requirements, test plans, test cases was part of my job responsibilities.
excellent place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2012
Pros: free netflix, relaxed atmosphere, great employees
Cons: short lunch, horrible dsat guidelines.
Great company to work for. Relaxed atmosphere, constant work. Management was great.
Co-workers were ok.
The hardest part about the job was going home worrying if you would have a job the next day.
The most enjoyable thing is that the work atmosphere is an actual place you can love going to work for.
A very typical 9-5 job
Competitive Operator Services - DA (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: you can take short breaks
Cons: you have to like this sort of job 5 days a week.
At the call centre, you basically sit at your desk and direct customers to the place they wish to get connected to for 7 hours.
You would handle about 700 calls.
great work/life balance while the management encourages you to build your career
Business System Analyst II (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 20, 2012
All I can say is TELUS is my best employer so far.
Work/Life balance is well practiced through out the company.
Client Care Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: shift work
Good work environment. Good benefits. Good work/life balance.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 22, 2012
Of all the jobs I have had this TELUS was the greatest employer.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), MontrealNovember 25, 2011
Pros: respect for the employee, share plan, retirement plan
Cons: salary
Telus respects the employees and have great benefits. However salary wise is a bit below the market.
Calm and formulated workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), brampton onApril 13, 2014
The hours were long but I was challenged creatively and physically everyday and that I love about the job. There is never a dull moment.
Great work environment and benefits
Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, accommodations are great, rebates
Cons: unstable schedule
I have been working at TELUS for almost a year now and I love this job. It's always a pleasure to assist customers and even with difficult ones, there is enough support that you know how to deal with them. The benefits are great, wages are comparable to other tech support jobs but with added benefits like insurance, employee share plan, employee cellphone – more... plan, etc. Team managers are supportive, there is always room for advancement and learning and you can be granted off queue time to study work related stuff or shadow someone from a different department to get a feel of what their job is and see if you want to go there or not. The only downside is the schedule, even though you can't start before 7 AM or finish after midnight, when you are part time, shifts change from one week to the other and it is difficult to make it work with school because there is no student program for scheduling. When you are full time your schedule will be picked for you but there is a bid, although it depends on seniority so if you are the newest you will automatically get the evening and weekend shifts... If it wasn't for the scheduling this job would be perfect but at least you can trade shifts with other agents without seeking approval every time so you can sort of make your own schedule but it does require some work and also to go to people to ask them. – less
Started great...then.
Sales Engineering (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers, reasonable benefits.
Cons: managers and above will step on you to make themselves look good.
I loved working at TELUS for a number of years. However, in every place there are great leaders...and there are leader wannabes. I eventually made to the category of a dedicated and loyal employee being pushed to the point of not caring.
Very productive and fun work environment as well as accommodating
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: health and medical benefits, pay, flexible schedule, amount of hours
Cons: unpredictable
A typical day at work consists of checking my email and TELUS employee site and TELUS website to check all updates and make sure I know of all current promotions and deals. After this the days are very unpredictable and it is time to help clients with whatever they need whether it is about a complaint or getting a new phone. In down times all team members – more... will stock any accessories that need stocking, making sure the demo phones are operating correctly, as well as cleaning tasks.

I learned a lot at TELUS considering there is a huge learning curve about the values and products and services that were sold. My team members and managers were very accommodating and understanding when it came to things that I was trying to learn and were patient in the time that it took me to get the hang of things.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job; the customers. Since it is a customer based job you need to be good with people. The hardest part is keeping the customers happy and when the customers are happy, it makes you happy and makes the whole experience enjoyable for both parties. – less
It's one of the best companies i ever worked with
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2014
Team work and different technologies are two important points
Awesome Company
DATA MODIFICATION CLERK (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Great company, pampered, management great, benefits great, fast paced and advancement is always possible

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS

TELUS has something to tell you -- Canada's third-largest telecom service provider is the incumbent local-exchange carrier in – Read more