Telvista Employee Reviews

Its a call center, so dont expect much
FIBER NETWORK TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR, VERIZON FIOS (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 16, 2017
I worked for Telvista on the Verizon contract as a frontline tech support agent 1 year, helpdesk/T2 for 5 months, a Network technician for almost a year, then as a manager for network technicians. I had good some managers and some really bad managers. There was room for advancement as long as you did well (for the most part) but brownnosing helped others who were not high performers or good employees.

This job allowed me to find what I want to do for the rest of my working days and it was an accident. I was given a lot of opportunities to work with a lot of really great people who I still keep in contact with and I actually met my husband there.

PRO:
I loved our HR team

Meeting and working with some really great people

CONS:
PTO changed from 5 hours a pay period to 3

new site director is a dictator, very two-faced and unprofessional

my last boss shoved everything off on me (I was one of two managers for a new contract) and was very bipolar. He was a big reason I left. made everything 10xs more stressful

Pay,
Telvista underpays people of the amount of work they push on their employees.
Managers are overworked for the little amount they pay
Pros
coworkers, Hr
Cons
pay, Pto, management
reservation/customer service
Reservation customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2017
Working at Virgin America was very stressful and fast pace. Management was very nice. Overall it was a fun place to work. They recognize you for your accomplishments.
Pros
they kept to motivated
Cons
working late nights
Trying to get you out the door
Technical Support for Verizon (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
Telvista wasnt a bad job. it actually was a very nice job. EXCEPT they were so quick to not help the people on the phones. Telvista was very adamant about call times and making sure you got people off the phones. Also when doing verizon tech support we were NOT ALLOWED to send a tech out, even when troubleshooting measures concluded you needed to do so. you are chained to your desk and have no ability to move around except breaks and lunches which are monitored HEAVILY. 1 minute over is a conversation with your supervisor. overall if they would be a little more lenient AND allow you to actually help the people on the phone the job would be great. but they dont. they push you right out the door with every call
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
they fire just as fast as they pay
Telvista
DSL Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Telvista is no longer in business. A typical workday was provided DSL support in a all center setting. The job was a bit underpaid. Management also had an open door policy.
The company actually did provide it's workers with fun, they provided us with a relaxing lounge, and pool tables.
DSG Agent (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 28, 2017
punched the clock, got your head sets, signed in on the phones, I learned how to fix technical problems on cell phones, solve billing problems that customers had, and I did credit settlements, The workplace culture at Telvista was very good. The hardest part of the job was, sometimes dealing with irate customers, or some people that you learn that you can never satisfy. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to satisfy your customers needs.
Pros
i liked to shoot pool at lunch
Cons
You always had to deal with some irate customer.
Can be frustrating
Sales and Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 28, 2017
I was told i was going to get one job then when i came on my hiring day they switched me to another part of the building on a completely different job. I made outbound calls to people trying to help them set up a device they've had for months but never activated. It was very frustrating, scripted calls and customers were upset most of the time. Weekly review with managers about your calls to see how you've been doing, but their advice on your performance is very contradictory. There are a lot of different companies within Telvista, I know a few people who have been working there for years and they love it. It all really depends on what company you're in within Telvista, each one is different, a lot of them take inbound calls, and there are different managers per company. Pay is pretty good, as well as benefits.
Loved problem solving, working with customers
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Running diagnostics on customers equipment, listening to customer issues, asking the right questions to solve their problems, were all my favorite parts of the job. I loved working with customers and giving them a positive experience.
Pros
working with customer service and resolving problems
Cons
my living situation changed, my 2nd shift wasn't going to work, they wouldnt change my hours.
okay place
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 24, 2017
Place is iffy.
If you like constant change than this of for you.

Training is a joke, The albums are misspelled and have outdated information.

Break room was nice with the activity tables and the ability to bring your phone to it to enjoy your breaks inside.
That has now changed to where you cant, and you cant even bring in lunch boxes anymore. Due to security.

Place is full of personality.
Pros
birthday doughnuts, pay, healthcare
Cons
Pay, break room, building
Pingpong tables and pool; great atmosphere.
Verizon Wireless Chat Respresentative (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 22, 2017
Working at Telvista was great. Benefits are the best part. You were able to have life insurance, health dental and vision insurance as well as accidental death.
Fun safe work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Call center, quick and fast pace. Friendly people. easy systems to navigate. Based in Texas. when company moved was too far to commute each day. great pay for a easy to learn job
as a company it was ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
the managers at telvista are liars when I worked there. they were never available when you needed them and they didn't train associates correctly. I would work their again but under different management
Do not recommend
Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075September 6, 2017
The benefits were terrible and non competitive. I did have a good manager and that's about all I can say. All jobs were being slowly moved out of the US and to Mexico so a lack of job security . Human Resources wasn't supportive, lack of professionalism with those hired.
Odessa location amazing until Dallas took over the staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2017
I worked at the Odessa location for a long time until corporate decided to shut it down. They transferred & kept a few in Odessa / Midland to work from home. Everything was 100% professional & fair in Odessa. However the Dallas management had it set up to where if you only took Spanish calls, that's all you would get. If you took bilingual calls you doubled your work, if you only took English calls you were in the same boat as bilingual reps. The Spanish reps could go their entire 12 hour shift without a single call & still get paid make more by the hour then us who worked so hard. When the work at home contract ended they didn't even try to move us to other work from home dept. They left us cold with so many unanswered questions, even after the contract client was clamming that they did what they could to get the call center to keep us. The email I got from the call center was "I'm sorry that you won't have future business with us again." When verbally they told us we would be the first ones they'd call when they received another client. After many years I spent there with zero tardies & zero sick calls. I don't regret my time there because the Odessa location was so good to us & appreciated us to the fullest.
Pros
Paid time off & gift cards of appreciation. Pay was amazing
Cons
Unfair inbound call set up.
This should be a last resort
Mercedes Benz contract (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 31, 2017
The job is stressful and they take away your vacation time whenever even if you don't use it ,,,Management is unprofessional ... This company does not care for you as a individual ,,, I would not recommend this employer unless you have looked all over and couldn't find anything else
Cons
Healthcare unprofessionalism
Productive workplace
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
The job was OK. The pay was not so good. Overall, not bad. Responsible for assisting customers over the phone and through online chat. Interacted with patrons in a professional, welcoming, and hospitable manner. This resulted in increased positive feedback from both cooperate headquarters and with the customers.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 29, 2017
Management is very compassionate and very understanding to anything you may be going through. Whether it's work or personal. I recommend anyone to apply.
Cons
Healthcare
Telvista
Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with Telvista, however their management team was very unappreciative of the loyalty employees provided. They would put friends in better positions instead allowing the more productive employee the opportunity.
demanding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
demanding job, don't care about you as a an employee
customer services is not their best
don't care about whats going on in your life just wanted to get the job done
Pros
noine
Productive, Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 22, 2017
Fast paced with good working hour, but higher standards beyond the average person. By that it's like keeping a GPA of 3.0 with customers taking the test for you.
Call center.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
Stressful, abusive manager, rotate the teams every six months. They cut our pay from $14/hour + incentive bonuses to $11/hour. No vacation or sick days unless paid time off (PTO) accrued. Major medical helpful in that one gets short-term disability benefits at 60% of regular pay. Must work holidays and weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telvista. Our community is ready to answer.