Temco Employee Reviews

Terrible pre-interview system
sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
I received a canned reply proposing a first telephone interview. The appointed time, date for the call came---and went. No call received. I was to receive the call, not make it. I emailed the company afterwards because I waited a few hours for the expected, professional apology e-mail. It never came. I received a typical 'My Dog Ate My Homework' utterly childish response from someone with a major HR title to boot.
Pros
GOOD COMPANY REPUTATION
Cons
UTTERLY UNPROFESSIONAL
productive work place
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for 4 months in this company, and I loved it, wanting to stay, but my contract was covering vacations,good work environment, team work, and theirs nothing hard about the job, great skilled managers & supervisors making it good for learning.
Enjoy maming people happy with their appliances.
contractor helper (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 6, 2016
Delivering appliances to customer was a fun job. I enjoyed installing their goods and making them happy. it was a tough job sometimes but at the end it was all worth it. I learned how to drive a bobtail, and how to install any appliance using tools.
Pros
nice tips.
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Overall review
FREIGHT INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 7, 2016
Every employment in the past was good, except the weather,attendence was always good ! In the process of searching for another job,within the area,,,,
Pros
WORK
Cons
NO WORK
Amazing Workplace, Awesome Boss's, and Great Employees
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marthasville, MOMarch 22, 2016
I have been working here for about 4 years now and it has really been great. My boss's have gone above and beyond for me during all of my difficult times. They have a great work environment and always treat people the way they deserve to be treated. Don't hesitate to give them a look up.
Pros
Great Enviorment, Great People, Great Boss's
Cons
None that I can think of
Professional
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
It is a good place to work for any temp worker, bad if you're trying to work after the 3 months period. Now you have to wait 6 months to be considered for work
Easy work, but not what I thought
cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
I thought Temco would be the place to work since the have most of all the clean contracts in the New York City Area but I was wrong. You could go a whole week without working just because they call you when they need you. They take union dues out of your paycheck but tell you that your not apart of the union until 3 months. Management is the worst, act just like high school students who gossip about other people's work ethics. There really isn't any room for growth unless you want be come a supervisor.

Word of advice:
Save you time and energy for a job that will be loyal to you as an employee just as much as you are loyal to them.
Pros
Working Monday thru Friday
Cons
On call job
the view of the corporate buildings are great
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
working at temco is great the corporate buildings are beautiful each company offers so many different ways on how they build there brand co-workers are great to be around for we all have the same goals on making sure we do a great job always the best part of the job is to see it all come together from start to finish
temco is cheap
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2015
a typical day at work for me includes doing thing that are not in my job description. I learned that hard work does not payoff. management is horrid they expect too much with no equipment. my co-workers are also horrid no team players. the most enjoyable part of the job is the hour long lunch that's about it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very hard to get a promotion
Providing a clean safe environment that is conducive for children to receive an education
Building Manager of a nyc public school (Current Employee) –  brooklyn nyJuly 9, 2015
Providing a clean safe environment that is conducive for teaching over 1000 kids in a 100000 square foot building. To help with this I lead a custodial team of 5 men which help maintain everything from cleaning the building, fire department inspections, DOB inspections, clearing any violations (if any). Preventive maintenance on hvac equipment, fixing any plumbing issues, carpentry issues and painting at least 25 percent of the building every year. too many task to list.
Enjoyable A
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2015
This company provides excellent benefits and compensation. There are several location through out the city where an individual can be placed. I enjoyed meeting individuals from many different backgrounds while employed with them.
Pros
Outstanding Medical Ins
Cons
Schedule based on seniority
First job out of college
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 6, 2015
For a recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree, it was great to have something to keep the wheels turning and the pockets fat while I searched for a start to my professional career. Temco provided me with that stepping stone.

The work was far from glamorous and consisted of cleaning the bathrooms of two separate elementary schools every day after school. Literally scrubbing toilets. The pay was adequate for the work and there was a degree of flexibility but it was really a stepping stone to bigger things.
Pros
It was much needed work for a struggling college grad looking to start his career
Cons
There is no job too small but, as a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree, it felt like I had outgrown it.
Temco is a good company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield NJOctober 12, 2014
Temco is a very good company, as a worker its hard to work with co-worker who puts the company down wishing that the school Board would take them in as employee's.

There is a lot of gossip, but that comes from employees. There are old employees who are still there from when the School Board employed them and know they work for the contract that's conflict.

Some old employees wishes to destroy this contract because their benefits changed.
Some became upset because the district didn't
pick them to be the Manager, Supervisor for Temco.
Pros
You can move up to become a Black Seal
Cons
Medical is to high, need better advancements
Custodial Job
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 25, 2014
My day consisted of cleaning wherever was needed in my designated area. This was a very good job but due to cut backs unfortunately i was laid-off
good place
Assembly Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 12, 2014
typical work day was manage 15 to 20 people. The management was good co workers was fun to work with and I learned a lot.
Fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 31, 2014
Today's business environment requires exceptional management candidates who possess a unique blend of knowledge, leadership, broad-based experience, and the ability to deliver excellent results. I am such a person.

Throughout my career I have utilized my knowledge, commitment to delivering excellent customer service, and administrative skills to consistently produce desired results and delivery of quality service. As my resume demonstrates, I have:

* Built ongoing business relationships with customers, vendors, clients and perspective clients. Attend specialized training and classes as prescribed to improve knowledge base and job related education.

My success is due, in part, to my ability to communicate well with others at all levels and with various cultural backgrounds and ethnic diversity. My communication ability has enabled me to harness the potential of all employees and motivate them to achieve desired results. Additionally, it has aided me in the instruction of required material, delivered quality results, and working effectively with peers and management collectively.

My interest in the Administrative Support position is based on the belief that I am competent and qualified to fill the position. Furthermore, I possess the skill and knowledge to successfully transition into the position guidelines and assume my role. My desire to accomplish all tasks, my commitment to excellence and my employment background has developed me into an individual that will settle for no less than success. My steady work experience coupled with my motivation and persistence has
  more... provided me with knowledge to manage valuable resources, interpret and administer regulations and guidelines pertaining to administrative support. I interact well with professionals at various local, state and federal levels. I strive well under pressure and always meet the established deadlines, recognizing the importance of prioritizing and delegation.  less
Pros
Good management to work for
Cons
not enough pay
Management is unprofessional and unethical
current employee (Current Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJJune 5, 2014
Understaffed at all times, workers unappreciated and talked down on. Operations Manager is mentally unstable and keeps an unhealthy work environment. Several employees have quit because of this behavior and constant head games. Manipulates earned sick and vacation days off at managements convenience.
Pros
vacation, sick days
Cons
very few national holidays off
Good Enviorment and Managment
Customer Materials (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 7, 2014
6:30am-3:00pm working in airplane hangers. You have to prepare the airplane kits before the airplane arrives for maintenance.
Pros
Great Work Area
Cons
Long Drive
Fun place to work alot of physical and customer interaction
Gate Inspector (Former Employee) –  Los Angles, CaFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed the customers the most, and I also enjoyed my co-workers we all had a bond.
Cons
no room for advancement
Constant Work Enviorment
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 13, 2013
Co-workers are friendly and understanding able to help each other in a time of need. Multitasking is an important part in this line of work. Constant phone, emails and drivers requiring your assistance every minute upon your arriving and leaving work.

Management is all ways will to assist with any issues that may trouble you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temco. Our community is ready to answer.