Temco Employee Reviews

Stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Continuously need to stay on top of this company to make sure things are done properly.They are always looking to cut corners even if it's inappropriate to do so.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
cheap
this company is no longer in business
Secretary/Treasurer/Partial Owner (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARAugust 14, 2017
This business is no longer operational it went bankrupt. there is not much to tell as the place no longer exists. I must have won the lottery as most of the places you are asking me to rate no longer in business and there does not seem to be an option for that so you must fill the field with erroneous information to allow you to advance forward to the ultimate goal of looking for a new job! very irritating by the way!
Official response from Temco
August 21, 2017

The reviewer must be talking about another company. Temco has been in continuous operation since 1917. The company has never filed for bankruptcy.

staffing company
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Temco is a maintenance company that staffs personnel to the building which are open and ready for availability on a daily basis. show up at 6am ready for work and be placed depending on availability
12 years since I was there new owners.
Programmer ,Machinist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 8, 2017
Small company that did not take of the employees when things were tough. Cut hours to thirty-two per week and penalized anyone who went out and got a second job to get by.
I work very hard
Cleaner firemen handymen (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2017
I work alot even weekends i love the work no matter what hours . I love to train guys help guys make workers love there job .i work the nycsss now new company for nyc at my job i do it all .i just wanna move up to take care of my family
Pros
I love to help others
Cons
I dont like to be mistreated
gratifying job
Building manager/Custodian Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
the typical day at work with school team and parents.Also had to make all building repair and school staff and all teachers.The difficult part was to remove snow in winter days on the steps of 20 staircase
Pros
good breaks, and teachers acknowledgement
Cons
late hours
slowing down
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 27, 2017
was a busy thriving business but runs on a skeleton crew at North east PA
the fellow employees where great the benefits where good . JOB SECURITY WASNT THERE
Pros
Employees
Cons
Security
productive work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
temco has excellent staffing
they are professional when it comes to working
temco treats all employees fairly and not misjudged
Great Staff and Employees and Bosses
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Marthasville, MONovember 23, 2016
Temco was the the longest employer that I have ever worked for and I was treated so well and just was happy to be apart of their organization and blessed to call them some awesome people.
Pros
Awesome work envoriment
Cons
the pay
Terrible pre-interview system
sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
I received a canned reply proposing a first telephone interview. The appointed time, date for the call came---and went. No call received. I was to receive the call, not make it. I emailed the company afterwards because I waited a few hours for the expected, professional apology e-mail. It never came. I received a typical 'My Dog Ate My Homework' utterly childish response from someone with a major HR title to boot.
Pros
Good company reputation
Cons
Utterly unprofessional

Want to know more about Temco?

Ask a question
productive work place
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for 4 months in this company, and I loved it, wanting to stay, but my contract was covering vacations,good work environment, team work, and theirs nothing hard about the job, great skilled managers & supervisors making it good for learning.
Enjoy maming people happy with their appliances.
contractor helper (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 6, 2016
Delivering appliances to customer was a fun job. I enjoyed installing their goods and making them happy. it was a tough job sometimes but at the end it was all worth it. I learned how to drive a bobtail, and how to install any appliance using tools.
Pros
nice tips.
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Official response from Temco
August 21, 2017

Temco does not perform any appliance installation services. The commenter must be referring to a different company.

Overall review
FREIGHT INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 7, 2016
Every employment in the past was good, except the weather,attendence was always good ! In the process of searching for another job,within the area,,,,
Pros
Work
Cons
No work
Amazing Workplace, Awesome Boss's, and Great Employees
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marthasville, MOMarch 22, 2016
I have been working here for about 4 years now and it has really been great. My boss's have gone above and beyond for me during all of my difficult times. They have a great work environment and always treat people the way they deserve to be treated. Don't hesitate to give them a look up.
Pros
Great Enviorment, Great People, Great Boss's
Cons
None that I can think of
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 20, 2016
I worked here as a cleaner. me and my co-workers got along well. i enjoyed my job here due to a clean place and very nice people. After some time the company changed names and i started working for ABM; i was still cleaning in the same building just a different name.
Professional
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
It is a good place to work for any temp worker, bad if you're trying to work after the 3 months period. Now you have to wait 6 months to be considered for work
Good Paying
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJFebruary 11, 2016
I worked an 8 hour shift, got along with my co-workers, Management was ok. The job didn't have any problems I couldn't handle. Teachers made us feel as thought we were important.
Pros
paid holidays, vacation
Cons
snow removal
Easy work, but not what I thought
cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
I thought Temco would be the place to work since the have most of all the clean contracts in the New York City Area but I was wrong. You could go a whole week without working just because they call you when they need you. They take union dues out of your paycheck but tell you that your not apart of the union until 3 months. Management is the worst, act just like high school students who gossip about other people's work ethics. There really isn't any room for growth unless you want be come a supervisor.

Word of advice:
Save you time and energy for a job that will be loyal to you as an employee just as much as you are loyal to them.
Pros
Working Monday thru Friday
Cons
On call job
Temco provides a service for company's whether its security, janitorial, maintenance and much more.
Janitor-floor crew (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYOctober 31, 2015
Lots of work, always covering people that take off or get fired. lots of OT. Very physical work.Lots of walking from building to building.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
harldy have off days
the view of the corporate buildings are great
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
working at temco is great the corporate buildings are beautiful each company offers so many different ways on how they build there brand co-workers are great to be around for we all have the same goals on making sure we do a great job always the best part of the job is to see it all come together from start to finish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temco. Our community is ready to answer.