Temp Employee Reviews

No stability
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYNovember 16, 2016
There is no job security. They tend to use you only as long as they need you then let you go with no warning..........................................
Good worker
Excel temp (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2016
Im a Good worker and a heard worker and i love to work and it's a cool job it is a good temp to work for and they send u to different places to work at
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Highly Motivated Worker, Ready to get the Job done No matter how hard it may be.
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 22, 2016
Dedicated Worker, Determined to get the job done. Team Player, Motivator, Problem Solver. I've worked for Collections and Customer Service. Have helped solve problems with co-workers also consumers.
It was a great company to work for
stocker (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 8, 2016
When I went to work I made sure my work was commendable and to be a team player so I could return I still can return to work if I choose
Pros
Cons
some of there benifits
Very Professional
Emergency Service's Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 8, 2016
After moving from Atlanta to Tennessee, I worked at Y-12 and really enjoyed the different department and learned new things everyday. Some positions were challenging and some were very good. I really appreciated the opportunity.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Didn't get hired permanent
Not easy
HR Assistant/Finisher/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHMarch 24, 2016
Need permanent employment. The companies seem to be not really stable. I do miss the people but I am not a factory person, I am more of an office, medical person; even retail or customer service.
Great Place to work and wonderful people
Payroll Administrator / Billing (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 20, 2016
Great place to work. Being a temp agency we get to help people find their great place to work. Wonderful management to be associated with.
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
Healthcare
Temp Agencies - Chester County, PA
Executive/Senior Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Chester County, PAJanuary 31, 2016
Working for temporary staffing agencies is more difficult than it was years ago. It is increasingly difficult to get assignments.

Previously, the agency tested you, knew your capabilities and then would place you in appropriate jobs as they became available. You completed the assignment and at the duration got a new assignment to report to the following week. I was always busy and the pay was comparable to my abilities, skills and experience.

Currently, you must interview with the potential client and wait to see if you were selected for the temp assignment. The agency won't recommend you for another assignment until they hear about the initial assignment, so there is too much down time.

Clients often take a few weeks to select a temp, requiring interviews. This is somewhat understandable if the job turns into a permanent position, but for a temporary assignment, there is too much waiting and not enough actual work. There is no guarantee that the client will select you and in the interim you are unable to earn money.

Since most times you must go through this process, you may as well look for permanent jobs on your own. I conclude that they are more of employment agencies than temp agencies.
Pros
Provides opportunity to try out companies before excepting a permanent job.
Cons
Not enough assignments and the hiring process is long and tedious.
Productive and fun enviroment with health care supplies
warehouse temp lead (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 11, 2016
With this job I learned patience because the product was not always there. I managed the group but also work side by side with them. I love my co-work inside and outside the job because we got thr job done.
Productive and fun working place
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 15, 2015
A typical day at Temp Inc. I clock in and then I would go to my work station were I would prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; Maintains quality service by following organization standards. Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.Completes reports by entering required information and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. The management here has been very nice and helpful and my co-workers have been very understand and welcoming as well. The hardest part of the job was when I first started working there and I didn't know anybody or really to much of anything but I was able to quickly adapt to things and came to enjoy working there for because of the experience and people I met because of this.
Pros
I Love being able to work with people
Cons
It's is a Temporary postition
This job was not exciting at all
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
I worked there some time ago but the job wasn't fun. I wasn't too fond of the woman who had became co manager before I left. We had few problem that occurred with our store. A few misunderstandings. The clothes weren't very good. Maybe I would've had a better experience working at a different location.
Cons
No benefits. No raises. Short lunch
this company is great exelent pay...
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 15, 2015
i loved the manager and co workers it was a good job i want to work back whit this company if i was able to get the chance ..i will call them to follow up.
Real good about giving assignments.
Industrial Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 31, 2015
They were real good about giving me assignments before. I had worked with them before this time. This one was similar to one that they had gave me before accept the process was different as well as the place. The machines only done one thing at a time, so the process for one part was longer, and then the problem with the air sensors being real sensitive, this would stop the machine and it would have to be reset on the control panel. I would have to wait till someone to come over to reset it.
Pros
If you had enough hours in, including overtime, for like a week vacation
Cons
No paid holidays.
Very Professional and Care About Employees
Emergency Service's Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge,TNMay 13, 2015
Temp Systems was very good and nice to their employees. Always supportive and communicated important issues to employees. They were very professional and made sure we were aware of our safety on an assignment
Pros
Very Concern about Employees
Cons
NA
did like it to much
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flFebruary 28, 2015
this job management was not so good . they really didn't teach anything . had majority of the people not doing there job. but I did learn a lot about customer service
great foot in the door oppertunity
General laborer at PBR Automotive (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 12, 2014
load and unload cnc machining centers learned how to run and maintain machines could see what I had accomplished at the end of the day
steady income and new sites to work at all the time
Phlebotomy/MA (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Temps because they kept me busy and with a variety of work.
Pros
incentives
Cons
breaks were scarce
At the end of the day, you were able to close your ddrawer and go home without leaving a heavy workload for the next day.
TOSS - Technical Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 10, 2014
Mangement did not provide many incentives for good employees to stay and even fewer in terms of compensation.
High level of turnover because many temps left to find better compensation for what was NOT clerical level work.

This agency existed to perform work for which the federal government contracted. As a result, it did not function as either a state agency or a federal one.
Pros
Many wonderful people who were great co-workers and friends.
Cons
Low compensation levels for temps, No insurance, no retirement, no paid holidays until 1500 service days attended, etc.
It was a good work enviorment.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2013
I would come into to the office the supervisor would have our day planned out for us. So which ever crew I was working with day we would get a co truck with tools an the things we needed an had to our work sites. There we would do whatever it was that needed to be done. I learned how to cut still pipe grade it an use a pipe grading machine. I learned how to drill an hang PVC pipe. I learned how to install a complete fire sprinkler system. My co-workers were hard workers an we all got along fine. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours to work. Most enjoyable part was when we would complete a whole system an it worked good.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2013
• Prepared, transcribed typed and proofed letters, memos, reports, correspondence.
• Utilized special customized software to enter and retrieve demographic information.
• Sort incoming and outgoing mail for distribution or pickup.
• Answered incoming call routine calls to the appropriate person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9