Temple-Inland Employee Reviews

Very good place to work at where it was open
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2017
Temple inland was the best job that i had. I worked there from 1999-2010. I learned how to operate machinery. And paid attention to detail. I also learned. How to communicate well with others. It also taught me how to be responsible.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No longer around
Good Job
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2017
Temple Inland was a good place to work prior to the sale of the company to Georgia Pacific. there was always a atmosphere of support that helped its employees grow.
Heavy Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYApril 25, 2017
As a roll truck operator I managed, moved and supplied inventory to machines and warehouse. Always making sure my job was performed safely and accurately.
Pros
active, fast paced
Cons
inconsistent breaks
Low paying job for the work they expect
Operator (Former Employee) –  DeQuincy, LAApril 11, 2017
I'm They didn't pay what there employees was worth . Always work it's supposed to be an 5 daysaweek making 55 hours a week then it turned in to a 12 hour a day job seven days a week and they treated employees like !! Sorry about my opinion but its they way I feel
Productive and fair company to work for
Maintenance Tech. Repair (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 4, 2017
The Plant I worked in is shut down. It was a productive environment and the people team orientated. The company was very safety conscious. I would recommend this company as a good place to work.
Plant Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 6, 2017
Responsible for 145 hourly employees, 8 salaried employees. Develop yearly Safety Plans to meet and exceed OSHA regulations. Prepare Preventative Maintenance Schedule. Develop waste, productivity, training guidelines for all plant operations. Develop and improve Safety process. Negotiated union contracts and handled union issues. Prepare and justify all capital requests submitted to corporate.
Temple Inland has been bought by International Paper
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Temple inland was a great structured company to work for. I personally worked there for a little over six years and it was a great place to work, great life balance
great place wade good money
Baler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 11, 2016
it was a fun place to work the job i did when the plant was open i work and got exercise it was always something to do there you had to work most of time 12hrs shifts great pay
safety minded culture
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 8, 2016
The conditions and work environment were quite extreme. Very hot in summer and very cold in winter. The work days averaged 12 hours overall
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, poor environment, stressful conditions
First job that I really enjoyed
Class A Millwright (Former Employee) –  Diboll, TXAugust 1, 2016
Worked here for 10 years and I worked from clean up crew to a class A millwright. They sent me to school to become a millwright and I did this by going to college and hands on experience
Good money
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 25, 2016
The pay was good, hours are long and you are pretty much disposable. It was a great job for the time being. You do a lot of repetitive work. Alot of overtime as well.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
repetitive
helped make the sheetrock
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2016
liked my coworkers.learned it was hard work. my supervisors were easy to get along with and explained things to me when i did not understand.
good
Dry End Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Cumberland City, TN 37050May 23, 2016
It was a good place to work and the people became like family. The job was long and hard at times but over all good. The usally day was stacking dry wall and checking the quailty.
Plant closed
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMay 3, 2016
Plant closed and it was the oldest building that they had in West Memphis ARK. also they built a new one for the people in Cumberland Tenn. The one in West Memphis had the same machines since the 1950's.
Demanding!
Legal Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2016
My day began at 8:00 a.m.. From the time I get to work I did not stop until the end of day at 5:00 p.m. The stress of working for 7 attorneys including entering new contracts, completing transitional contracts and balancing work for all attorneys and the Administrator.
Pros
exciting place to work
Cons
Demanding!
Temporary job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed this job while it lasted I got along with everyone and enjoyed what i did while i was their. Everyone was so nice and helpful with the job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
temporary job just didnt last
Major Supplier of Corrugated Shipping Containers
Strategic Sales Aliance Manager to Kraft Foods (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 19, 2015
I was employed by Temple-Inland from 1972 until my retirement, in 2003. The opportunities were unlimited for people who wanted to work hard and produce. I was promoted numerous times and transferred between various Midwestern locations. I particularly enjoyed the opportunities to use my product knowledge and communication skills to benefit both my employer and my customer.
Pros
Promotional opportunities
Cons
Sometimes overly political
good company to work for
slitter operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2015
I enjoy working for this company,,,half of my life,,,,good people to work with, good management ,sad that international paper bought them....other wise I would be working there
Family like working environment with priority on SAFETY
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyable work environment with great crew and management. A typical day at work consisted of safety regulation reviews and stretching exercises before starting work day. The hardest part of the job is when orders are rushed because of machine failure. The most enjoyable part of the job were the celebratory company lunches and picnics for meeting Safety milestones. Knowing that everyone worked as a team to keep each other safe makes this company one of the best I have worked for.
Pros
Great management team, Salary compensation, Company lunches/picnics, Advancement
No Work/Life balance at all
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 7, 2015
When i first hired on and Author Temple was still living it was a great place to work. After Mr. Temple past away it seemed as though everything started going south. Salary working 7 days a week 3 and 4 moths at a time with no compensation or comp time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Excessive hours