TEMPLE DAILY TELEGRAM

TEMPLE DAILY TELEGRAM United States Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Assistant Manager of Distribution (Current Employee), Temple, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: mileage was paid
Cons: stressful and hard labor
driving to different clients around the city after loading up with bundles of newspaper. learned there can be a lot of crazy drivers out there. hardest part of the day was dealing with the inclement weather if it was rainy or windy. I enjoyed the organizing of the papers in the racks.
Not the best newspaper around
Benefits (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers are like family
Cons: healtcare benefits suck, favortisim, no cultural divirisity, no minorites working there
I worked there for many years without a raise. They would say there was a pay freeze, but other co-workers were getting raises. When I tried to move to another department, I was denied the opportunity. They still use old Windows programs. I was using Windows 97 and it was 2011.

You are not able to take any time off during November- April. It's considered "busy season" during those months.

You get 1 week of vacation after working there for 1 year, and you are "encouraged" to take it all at once. It is highly frowned upon if you don't

Casual Friday consist of men not wearing their ties.

You are very limited to the Holidays, there are only a total of 6 recognized Holidays.
It was good for me because I could be home when my kids were.
Paper Delivery / Billing (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 16, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a night owl. The hardest part was collecting my money from customers. I learned that they need to bill them before they receive their papers, not after.
Fast-paced and comfortable workplace
Inside Classified Advertising Executive (Current Employee), Temple, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: management favoritism, 100% commission
The Telegram is an amazing place to work! Everyone is awesome and very helpful. I learned to build strong rapport with my clients so much they are extremely sad to see me go! I would say everything I did was enjoyable and constantly kept me on my toes. The management was "okay". One of the supervisors constantly showed favoritism to other co-workers and belittled several others. It was very hard to witness this.
People are great to work with
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Temple, TXApril 11, 2012
No raises for the past 6 years due to a raise freeze, other than that not a bad place to work.
Problem-afflicted corporate structure
Computer Graphics Designer (Former Employee), Temple, TXJune 19, 2011
Pros: nice employees
Cons: weak management support
Troubled company with a declining subscription base. Employees are friendly to the public and to each other but fear economics are hurting their future. Cost controls are questionable and special-interests within the corporation are favored while salaries are not in line with industry norms. Management team, though considerate on a personal level, also fear non-supportive input from the executive level and a level of self-preservation instincts are obvious. Overall, the company needs to enjoy successfully proven management and operational practices that have been known to succeed and provide positive growth.