Temple Emanuel Academy Day School (TEADS). In its 41st year, TEADS continues its mission of cultivating life-long love of learning by educating the whole child (socially, emotionally and intellectually) in a collaborative learning community with multi-age classrooms and differentiated instruction.
We are actively seeking a 3rd-4th Grade Multi-Age Classroom Teacher.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with common core standards and school mission which drives instruction through hands-on, experiential learning and differentiation.
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees.
- Engages Parents and guardians in the education of their children.
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio-economic status, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator.
- Have experience with multi-age classrooms and differentiating instruction across grades and academic abilities.
- Must be able to pass an initial fingerprint and background clearance check and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card at all times when in the classroom.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Applicants must be appropriately certified AND highly qualified. To be appropriately certified and highly qualified, successful candidates must hold a current elementary teaching credential issued by the State of California. They must also possess a current valid fingerprint clearance card.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes vacation time and paid sick time. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
If you would like to become part of our future, then please submit your resume for employment consideration.
Indeed - 9 months ago