TEMPLE ISD Employee Reviews

The staff made you feel like family
Food Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with the group of people that worked in the cafeteria. We worked more like a family then a team. One needed help and there was always one of us to help out.
Pros
Free lunches, paid holidays
Cons
Always working on a fast pace and summers off without pay
poor work enviornment
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 10, 2017
management needs to be accounted for there poor leadership and how they treat employees. management stabs employees in the back and wonder why we loose so many employees in our department. you get no assistance from directors and superintendents
Poor working conditions
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyed most of my fellow workers but management was not supportive of employees. They were not open to experienced workers suggestions and were very negative in the most part!
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Management harrasment
instructional aide
Science Lab Teacher/Aide - Thornton Elementary (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 3, 2017
Taught kindergarten through 5th grade students hands-on science lab activities every other week. On my off week I pulled students working one on one with them doing RTI work.
Family atmosphere...
Special Education Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TX 76504July 17, 2017
Temple ISD is an excellent place to work! Everyone treats each other like family and the work environment has minimal stress. I would recommend this organization to anyone searching for a new career opportunity.
The staff and supervisors made this a good place
5th Grade Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 12, 2017
I taught fifth grade math. Most of the students were several grade levels behind so it was a challenge. Many of the students lacked motivation so I worked hard on building self esteem as well as math skills.
Both the principal and assistant principal were wonderful to work with as was my fifth grade team.
Pros
benefits, support from staff, fairness
Cons
at the time paid retired teachers less
Large district, not very supportive of CTE courses
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 17, 2017
For a CTE teacher, Temple is one of the harder schools to work for. They are not the most supportive of all CTE courses, which are needed for the students. I enjoyed my co-workers and the close relationships we had.
Fun and very educational atmosphere for students, staff, and parents.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 5, 2015
Responsible for getting supplies needed for daily tasks. Understanding the material before teaching it to the class. Well-being and safety of all students and staff. Some co-workers refused to do their job, which caused a lot of stress in the work environment. Most enjoyable was the interaction on the students' faces when we started new projects.
Productive and educational place to work
Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Typical day at work was hectic and mobile
I learned the school conflict management is not always fair and accurate and that it is important to be careful when in uncompromising situations.
Management was typical for most teachers and the principles.
Co-workers were alright.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a day with students who wanted to learn and not be disrupted during class.
kidss
Substitute Teacher and Ace (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 30, 2013
I like the after school program it was ok, but the class room was total different then when we was in a school.
Great students, not so great administration
Middle School Band Director (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 5, 2012
This school district was not one of my favorites. It had plenty of great teachers and programs, but I did not trust the leadership. I enjoyed much success with the students and we won many awards in competition as the program grew.
Pros
good schedule allowing good set-up for classes
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 7, 2012
Teacher assistant- enjoy working with my coworkers and helping the students with their academics