Temple University Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Nice Place
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2016
Busy place and the workers there are very much involved with each other..Too much for me. If yu ever want to do networking Temple is the best place to do it.. The people there are very friendly
Cons
good companybut needs to be more honest with employees. need to be more helpful to employees.
Charge Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2016
good company but needs to be more honest with employees. need to be more helpful to employees. co-workers are friendly but some are very childish. enjoyable part of the job is lunch.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no help from union
Productive, bust, fast-pace environment.
Access Center Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be speaking with patients and providers. I learned that health-care is a fast-pace changing field. I enjoy working with my co-workers, we work as a team to make sure patient's are satisfied. The hardest part of the job is making sure the professional boundaries are not crossed. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patient's and their families and knowing they leave understanding and satisfied to the fullest.
Its very busy
GME Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2015
Fun place to work, the most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my co-workers. The resident keep you very busy.
Pros
YOU CAN'T DIET
Cons
LUNCH IS SO CHEAP
Productive place to be
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2015
Friendly people and healthy work environment. Staff is willing to assist and provde support on the projects undertaken as part of project management.
Good Health System, Puts Patients First, Employees Not Really
Lead Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2015
Employee engagement is a priority and Temple Health succeeds in delivering a fun engaging place to work. Benefits and compensation seem to be some of the best in the business. Unfortunately growth, paths to success, recognizing top performers, and good communication all seem to be lacking from upper management.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation is very high.
Cons
Management communication has been lacking.
Best hospital ever to work for.
Risk Mgmt-Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2015
As a Risk Management Administrative Assistant for 16 years. I had a very good experience with all the management team as well as working closely with the nurses, doctors and attorneys. I grown & learned so much from my immediate supervisors. I worked for 4 different managers.
Pros
Learning how to work professionally with attorneys
Cons
Attending Depositions
A productive learning environment.
Trauma Clinical Coordinator, Trauma Program (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2015
Temple University is excellent with collaboration with the providers and nurses in giving top quality care. They have excellent benefits and supports the employee in furthering their education and advancement.
Pros
city location
Cons
n/a
Complete incompetance
Sr. System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2015
I've never worked for a company that was built so amply upon cliques. They live in chaos and instead of attempting to find awhile to change and positively adapt, they live and die by that's the way we've always done it. Even when you present financial justification to support change, it's often overlooked until someone that on the "inside" presents the same recommendation.
Pros
Nice compensation
Cons
They live in choas
Excellent Place to work
Employee Relations Specialist/HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2015
* Employee Relations is exciting
* Learn new things every day especially employment law
* HR management and co-workers are very supportive
* Terminating employees
* Employee engagement
Pros
Great people
Cons
The drive
Exciting, dynamic work environment with excellent employees
Consultant Attorney-Finance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2015
Provides a great opportunity to learn new skills. Excellent leadership. Very friendly environment. I have learned to manage teams and to be a project leader. I have learned a tremendous amount regarding the financial side of health care. I have utilized my legal skills in conducting and responding to due diligence project. I have learned the application process for institutions for Medicare and Medicaid.
Great Place To Work!
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
Great place to work! I like the atmosphere and everyone is open to employees making themselves better people. I have never been told not to pursue any opportunities which is fantastic.
Pros
Great pay, great bosses, freedom, tuition benefits
Cons
Thought this was my career job
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
The job was educational and I learned alot during my years at this company. I started as a billing clerk (entry level) and worked my way up to Human Resources and earned my Associate's Degree. Every area that I worked in taught me different things that I was able to carry into the next position as well as gaining employment after I relocated.
Tuh
Manager Interpreter Training (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaDecember 11, 2014
I don't like the Culture at TUH. I really don't have much to say.
arrogant and clueless senior management, hostile working atmosphere, stay away
staff (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 15, 2014
Arrogant and clueless management, Very hostile working atmosphere.
If you go JOIN THE UNION because you will need it eventually!
Pros
non
Cons
management
Productive day at work with lots of teamwork
Clinical Manager- Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2014
Enjoyable atmosphere. Productive work everyday. Not too much security in the workplace
Work Study
Office Assistant, Department of Anatomy (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2014
This position was flexible with school schedule. There were a lot of administrative task to complete throughout the day so there was not time to squeeze in homework like other work studies.
Hard working , Team worker , easily to get alone , people person
Manager, Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring (Former Employee) –  3401 north broad streetMay 30, 2014
Level one trauma center very busy
How to manage a union environment
Great co-workers
Management was not well engaged
Pros
great staff
Run away, the money isn't worth it.
Cytotech (Former Employee) –  Main campusMay 20, 2014
The cytology department was wonderful. Small group of nice, fun people, that were done to earth and easy to work with.
The cases were incredible, academically. Pay was great for student and Philadelphia area.

However,

Outside, in adjoining departments and administrative staff were horrendous. Only a handful of doctors were even remotely professional. I was set up everyday by staff because they 'didn't like me' following an incident. I was harassed and they tried to say I did things wrong with no evidence. I was physically pushed by a doctor. That was it. When I reported it, my job was terminated.

If you can deal with constant drama and chaos, when no chaos is necessary, apply. And good luck.
Pros
a job/ experience and cases
Cons
horrendous work environment, harassed til you quit or get fired.
Great pay . poor management
former staff nurse (Former Employee) –  emergency departmentMay 13, 2014
The staff you work with are the best aways willing to help you and very skilled and knowledgeable. The administration is still running the hospital as if it were the 1990s.They hire Dr's that have a great reputation but they never update their nursing practice for the 21st century. Most manager's have no clinical skills nor have expertise in the clinical area they manage. Nursing administration's relationship with the medical staff is hostile and not cohesive. Manager's are encouraged to be punitive and fire staff and they do not value hard working employees. They just keep turning over staff. Not worth the hassle and lack of professionalism.
Pros
staff, pay
Cons
manager's lack of skill, punitive cultural

Comment – July 2, 2014

I heard the er was the worst with a power hungry dictator who cares nothing about the department or the staff very sad how managers eat good employees

Comment – July 3, 2014

It seems as though there is a repetitive theme here obviously not a good place to work!

Comment – August 5, 2014

This review is very accurate. I'm currently an employee of the er and looking for another job. The manager is the worst case of power hunger I have ever seen!! The department has went down hill since she came none of the staff trust her she wears many faces for everyone for her own corporate ladder climb. Very sad.