Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

Exciting, dynamic work environment with excellent employees
Consultant Attorney-Finance (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2015
Provides a great opportunity to learn new skills. Excellent leadership. Very friendly environment. I have learned to manage teams and to be a project leader. I have learned a tremendous amount regarding the financial side of health care. I have utilized my legal skills in conducting and responding to due diligence project. I have learned the application process for institutions for Medicare and Medicaid.
Great Place To Work!
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great bosses, freedom, tuition benefits
Cons: None
Great place to work! I like the atmosphere and everyone is open to employees making themselves better people. I have never been told not to pursue any opportunities which is fantastic.
Thought this was my career job
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
The job was educational and I learned alot during my years at this company. I started as a billing clerk (entry level) and worked my way up to Human Resources and earned my Associate's Degree. Every area that I worked in taught me different things that I was able to carry into the next position as well as gaining employment after I relocated.
TUH
Manager Interpreter Training (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 11, 2014
I don't like the Culture at TUH. I really don't have much to say.
arrogant and clueless senior management, hostile working atmosphere, stay away
staff (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: management
Arrogant and clueless management, Very hostile working atmosphere.
If you go JOIN THE UNION because you will need it eventually!
PRODUCTIVE DAY AT WORK WITH LOTS OF TEAMWORK
Clinical Manager- Pediatrics (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2014
ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE. PRODUCTIVE WORK EVERYDAY. NOT TOO MUCH SECURITY IN THE WORKPLACE
Work Study
Office Assistant, Department of Anatomy (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2014
This position was flexible with school schedule. There were a lot of administrative task to complete throughout the day so there was not time to squeeze in homework like other work studies.
Hard working , Team worker , easily to get alone , people person
Manager, Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring (Former Employee), 3401 north broad streetMay 30, 2014
Pros: great staff
Level one trauma center very busy
How to manage a union environment
Great co-workers
Management was not well engaged
Run away, the money isn't worth it.
Cytotech (Former Employee), Main campusMay 20, 2014
Pros: a job/ experience and cases
Cons: horrendous work environment, harassed til you quit or get fired.
The cytology department was wonderful. Small group of nice, fun people, that were done to earth and easy to work with.
The cases were incredible, academically. Pay was great for student and Philadelphia area.

However,

Outside, in adjoining departments and administrative staff were horrendous. Only a handful of doctors were even remotely professional. I was set up everyday by staff because they 'didn't like me' following an incident. I was harassed and they tried to say I did things wrong with no evidence. I was physically pushed by a doctor. That was it. When I reported it, my job was terminated.

If you can deal with constant drama and chaos, when no chaos is necessary, apply. And good luck.
Great pay . poor management
former staff nurse (Former Employee), emergency departmentMay 13, 2014
Pros: staff, pay
Cons: manager's lack of skill, punitive cultural
The staff you work with are the best aways willing to help you and very skilled and knowledgeable. The administration is still running the hospital as if it were the 1990s.They hire Dr's that have a great reputation but they never update their nursing practice for the 21st century. Most manager's have no clinical skills nor have expertise in the clinical area they manage. Nursing administration's relationship with the medical staff is hostile and not cohesive. Manager's are encouraged to be punitive and fire staff and they do not value hard working employees. They just keep turning over staff. Not worth the hassle and lack of professionalism.

July 2, 2014

I heard the er was the worst with a power hungry dictator who cares nothing about the department or the staff very sad how managers eat good employees

July 3, 2014

It seems as though there is a repetitive theme here obviously not a good place to work!

August 5, 2014

This review is very accurate. I'm currently an employee of the er and looking for another job. The manager is the worst case of power hunger I have ever seen!! The department has went down hill since she came none of the staff trust her she wears many faces for everyone for her own corporate ladder climb. Very sad.

The heart of the inner city
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: location/ school tuition
Cons: non union/ low salary
Nice place to work locate in the heart of the inner city. Very well diverse company to work for . The pay level is not very competitive, and the benefits suck for the company to be a health provider. the upside s that your tuition is upfront paid for.
Could have been more productive.
Prep list reviewer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good to have a job.
Cons: can't your your skills, didn't have an open mind set...
major in the minor, and minor in the major. That's what they did most of the time...
Hospital that pays very well
HRIS Specialist - Corporate Office (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
I come in early in the morning and start with answering the phone in the call center. I handle various tasks throughout the day. The position is challenging at times but very rewarding.
Histotech lab
lab tech (Current Employee), THUJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
The lab manager is a control freak, she is very unprofessional, she talks about her employees behind their back.She does not know how to run the lab. They don't follow the rules, they eat in the labs,its horrible to work there.
Educational place to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: no job security
Friendly environment. My co-workers were excellent. Daily duties were doable.
GREAT MEDICAL BENEFITS
Practice Manager (Current Employee), PHILADELPHIA, PADecember 25, 2013
GREAT MEDICAL BENEFITS. MOST ENJOYABLE PART F THE JOB IS HELPING PATIENTS.
Nurse Assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2013
Assisted various patients with optimal care through the use of the health care system, collaborated with the nursing staff to execute and eliminate life threatening situations, recorded vital signs, Intake and Output, various drainage, etc., specimen collection, performed glucose tests, documentation of observations, customer service experience in Intensive Care, Short Procedures, Emergency, Telemetry, Labor and Delivery, Physical Therapy, Psychiatry, One-to-One, Suicide Watch, Geriatrics, and Medical/Surgical Care.
Great Place to work.
Account Practice Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2013
On the edge of healthcare and science it one of the major health system in the philadelphia area.
Great place to learn new things and advance
Certified Medical Assistant/Ph (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2013
Love working for Temple, they're always willing to teach you more and and there is room for advancement.
Supervisor, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: benefits
I enjoyed working at the Asthma Center. I had a great sense of pride knowing that I worked for some of the finest allergist/immunologist in the tri state area. My Director was awesome and allowed me total autonomy. I only left because everyone there had been there for years and there was no advancement opportunity for me.
A typical day consisted of reviewing claims, finding the errors and rebilling where needed and appealing the rest. I had time to learn new regulations and train the staff on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was awarded for being the highest "earner". The hardest part of the job was knowing when to go home!