Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

Why the high turnover
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Main HospitalJanuary 2, 2017
When a director that you look up to says, "The only way to get promoted is if people like you". Not that you're doing a great job, not that you work hard, volunteer to help others. It's all about popularity. Ask them to see the Employee engagement serves, or the new Cultural engagement surveys. The detachment from senior management and the working bees, is so great, unless that changes it will never be a great place to work, just a good place to work. The health benefits are some of the best, but only because of the Union, oh yes and the fact that they have a Union is an indication that you need one.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
very poor management
great place to work
OR Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OR scheduling supervisorMarch 17, 2017
I enjoy my current position. Management is helpful, and encouraging. I have a great position but would like to continue a career in coding full-time.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
no growth
Relaxed research setting that allows a lot of autonomy to pursue interested topics
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2016
I have only been with the Temple University Health System for a few months now, but my experience so far has been extremely rewarding. As a student researcher, I feared I would be left doing menial tasks like cleaning beakers and not really learning what it means to go into research as a career. I was pleasantly surprised to find my PI and lab members were so welcoming and accommodating. My PI is constantly teaching me about protocols, proper techniques, procedures, and pushing me to learn as much as I can. I've undergone some rigorous training for various pieces of equiptment and am now his primary delegate for 2 projects. I look forward to what other wonderful experiences I will have in his lab and what more I can learn about myself as a scientist.
Pros
Challenging, always learning more, not stressful
Cons
Some projects are time sensitive, hours are unpredictable
Productive, fun place with kitchen, bedrooms, and lounge.
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2016
Fantastic facility. Management goes above and beyond to assist even the most tiny details in everyone's life, and they are completely competent at their jobs, and exceeding all expectations. Great facility tools, such as a kitchen and supplies, an extra medications room, state-of-the-art trucks, and even bedrooms for people to rest in. They make everyone feel like family.
Lack of support, low moral
RRT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Poor Management, no staff support. Administration vs Union = no win for employee. Many dissatisfied patients giving poor hospital reviews. Fixes are made at the surface never getting to the core of the matter. Good benefit package. Bad neighborhood, be careful.
benefits
Cons
everything else
do not work for Temple
Senior Epic Systems Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2016
Do not work for TEMPLE they're racist!!!!!!!!
Do not work for TEMPLE this is not the place to work for. They are not open to modern work ethics and management sucks.
Cons
Leadership is punitive and self-serving
Nurse Manager, Med-Surgical Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2016
Top tier of Nursing Leadership create an environment of fear and hostility. Completely unprofessional and as a result have had large turnover in mgmt. Micromanaging and devisive.
Pros
Great nurses!!!
Cons
Punitive and hostile leadership from the top down
Review
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
I have had time to get to know the establishment. Good place to workgreat opportunity to move in any other direction inside the healt system. Benefit package is good.
Pros
Patients are wonderful
Cons
Short breaks, no locker room for employees to change or leave their things
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
I worked with an excellent team of doctors and gained a lot of valuable experience. I left to return to school to become a licensed practical nurse.The doctors i worked with were very nice and patient.
Awesome
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2016
Awesome environment, great training staff and awesome place to strengthen CNA skills. I was there from sun up to sun down and enjoyed every minute. Work there!
amazing org
Nursing Administration Staffing Scheduler IV (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2016
very prestigious org. The Nursing Coordinators as well as Nurse Managers were very impact full and helped me grow. i gained alot of information working for TUH
Good Health System, Puts Patients First, Employees Not Really
Lead Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2015
Employee engagement is a priority and Temple Health succeeds in delivering a fun engaging place to work. Benefits and compensation seem to be some of the best in the business. Unfortunately growth, paths to success, recognizing top performers, and good communication all seem to be lacking from upper management.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation is very high.
Cons
Management communication has been lacking.
Run as fast as you can. Go somewhere, where you will be valued and appreciated for your devotion and hard work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Episcopal Hospital - TUHSJanuary 12, 2013
A political climate that is run by some managers that are lying bullies. It starts at the top and it is a shame to live in fear of lossing your job each day. There is no appreciation for what you do. It is a very diversified culture with a lot of bias. It is sad because the "subordinates" are a great group of people. It is sad that they are fearful because their micromanaged managers live in fear.
Pros
great benefits and some people that truly care. do not speak your mind to help make improvements, you will lose your job.
Cons
the people that care are mistreated and it is episcopal's loss. clear out the department heads.
Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2016
Temple Health System Jeanes Hospital encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills. It is a productive and warm atmosphere.
Supervisor, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2013
I enjoyed working at the Asthma Center. I had a great sense of pride knowing that I worked for some of the finest allergist/immunologist in the tri state area. My Director was awesome and allowed me total autonomy. I only left because everyone there had been there for years and there was no advancement opportunity for me.
A typical day consisted of reviewing claims, finding the errors and rebilling where needed and appealing the rest. I had time to learn new regulations and train the staff on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was awarded for being the highest "earner". The hardest part of the job was knowing when to go home!
Pros
Autonomy
Benefits
Motivated
Staff Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2013
Incumbent was responsible for analyzing and recording entries related to her job, reconciling various bank accounts and investment portfolio, completing month-end closing entries, timecards, and preparing various schedules in a timely manner. Also completes new projects and assignments as needed.

She is teachable.

She is a self starter and works well with immediate co-workers, management and individuals from other departments.

Sometimes struggled with getting help with certain projects because of little knowledge from supervisor.

She enjoys completing her work with confidence in it.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Turn over
A productive learning environment.
Trauma Clinical Coordinator, Trauma Program (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2015
Temple University is excellent with collaboration with the providers and nurses in giving top quality care. They have excellent benefits and supports the employee in furthering their education and advancement.
Pros
city location
Cons
n/a
good companybut needs to be more honest with employees. need to be more helpful to employees.
Charge Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2016
good company but needs to be more honest with employees. need to be more helpful to employees. co-workers are friendly but some are very childish. enjoyable part of the job is lunch.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no help from union
Nice Place
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2016
Busy place and the workers there are very much involved with each other..Too much for me. If yu ever want to do networking Temple is the best place to do it.. The people there are very friendly
Cons
fast paced environment, good people to work with
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
fast paced environment, good people to work with, its a union job so they go by seniority it might take some time for you to move up or become full time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8