Temple University Hospital Employee Reviews

Beautiful Environment
Patient Interviewer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Part time worker
Cons: Benefits/pay was great
The shift I worked was great. The people I met were phenomenal. I learned a lot of different things in the department of the hospital I worked. The benefits were good. The location was convenient. My managers/Co-workers and I got along great.
somewhat a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), early morning collectionJuly 5, 2015
Pros: paid good
Cons: no back bone if not in union
Patients has to much authority meaning if u say something they become offennsive and will report u and if u not unionized your out the door
Diverse and enjoyable to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not enough time to spend with payients
everyone is enjoyable to work with, always learning new things, and the hardest part of the job is that you do not have time to spend caring for patients
Ep secretary
EP Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: I felt it was an important positon.
Cons: Worked late almost every day.
Schedule patients for devices such as pacemakers and ICD implants.
Help monitor patients INR's, filed paperwork. Took emergency call, if devices had any malfunctions. Worked with j3 to 4 physicians.
very productive environment
Unit clerk/registrar (Current Employee), philadelphia paJune 5, 2015
i love working for this company very much just hard to move up with the senority thing in place its a great place to work and i love working in labor and delivery around the babies
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier I (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2015
I currently only work weekends. With this limited amount of hours I am not making enough compensation and I am often bored with not enough work. I have learned and developed customer service, cash handling, and other skills. Management is not too bad but it could use some improvement. My co-workers are great but since I only work weekends I do not see them when I work. The hardest part of the job is the constant boredom. The most enjoyable part is the work.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN TO WORK AT TEMPLE
Secretary - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2015
Pros: GOOD PIZZA SHOPS AROUND THE CORNER
Cons: HEALTH CARE IS GREAT THERE
MAINTAIN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT .. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER.. PROVIDE ASSISTANT TO THE NURSES AND DOCTOR.. MAINTAIN ORDER.
Productive and career advancement available
Administrative Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits and diverse community
Cons: location
The job can be easy going, the food is great and everyone is friendly only problem parking in expensive. There is room to move around if your looking for a change of jobs. Also, room for advancement.
Fun place to learn and gain experience
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks with doctors and nurses.
Cons: Angry patients and angry relatives of patients.
A typical day at Temple University Hospital (TUH) consisted of admitting patients into the ER, Collecting personal information, organizing patient portfolios, and answering call light. My co-workers always maintained a smile on their faces, they got their jobs done right, and they always helped me with any concerns, questions or difficulties that I may have experienced while being an employee. The hardest part about my job as a Unit Clerk was having to deal with the loved ones of patients that weren't doing too well health wise. The most enjoyable part however, was getting to put a smile on the patients face. As for management, I couldn't complain. This was a great place to work in. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to gain any knowledge or experience in the Medicine Field.
A great learning environment
Medical Assistant-Internship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2015
I love all the different patients that I encounter each day. Being a medical assistant teaches you how to become more social to others.
Nursing Care Team
Medical Health Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Helping care for patients
Cons: Management team not working cohesively together as a unit
My passion of working in the healthcare field is to help care for patients that are ill. I love seeing a smile on my patient's faces when I simply give them an hello. To know that you take a part in a patients life and to make them become healthier is a gift for me within it's self.
love my job
Scheduler/Gastroenterology (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaApril 23, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: culture needs improvement
this is a great place to work. I have been here for 23 years and I really do love the people I work with. Sometimes there can be some bureacracy but you have to navigate through it and just be the best person you can be for the patients. I love the community that I serve and like knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life. The educational benefits are great and we have a union which helps for those who have issues.
Excellent work place
Clerk II (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Working at Temple is enjoyable. My coworkers and I work really well together to get things done. We are a team, we strive to make our program the best.
Productive workplace with team effort
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Pay is okay, but I'm learning something different everyday.
Cons: Never enough staff
Working in the Emergency Department as a Certified Nursing Assistant is the most rewarding experience that I have ever gain. This opportunity was a key factor in my decision of going back to school and pursue my dream in nursing. The hardest part of the job I enjoy more than anything is the fast pace and the work I do. Team work is great and management are well aware of their staff hard work and performance. The nurses and doctors are very courteous and helpful. I enjoy the professionalism and the friendly environment. My co-workers provides compassionate care, a positive attitude and I work well with people who work as a team. In an event of an Emergency the hardest part is watching people suffer from their illness, so I comfort them to the best of my ability. I enjoy taking care of people who is in need of my help.
staples
Assist patients (Former Employee), havertown paMarch 20, 2015
staple was a nice company to work for they helped me to understand how to secure a warehouse and how to develop and understand how to watch out for people that try to shop lift from the store
Exciting place to be everyday
Surgical Technician- Externship (Former Employee), Philadelphila, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: the shift
Time management, co-workers were willing to teach me. Visiting hours was the hardest part of my day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the doctors didn't mind teaching me while surgery was in progress.
Productive and organized workplace.
OB/GYN Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: busy, so my day always flew by.
A typical day at Temple is always busy. There is always something new to learn every day because a variety of things come through the door. The coworkers are very easy to work with and were always willing to lend a helping hand or teach me new things. Management was great; They were always there to answer or help with any concerns you may have. And frequently they would just come to you to see how you were doing and if everything was okay. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the procedures you had to help assist the physician in, but after doing them so many times it was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the patients. You learn so many things from them and every patient has a different story.
wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness
Cons: parking is inconvenient
I love my job. We have a very diverse population and we learn a lot from each other. Nursing is cohesive. Advancement is always encouraged and supported.
Excellent place to work
Transplant Data Support Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Temple university hospital is excellent place for work. My co-workers are very cooperative. My supervisors are very understanding.
Best hospital I worked for by far
Telephone operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: all emergency visit free
Cons: no breaks
Fast pace incoming call center very friendly and professional group of 15 women around the clock 24 hour customer service