Temple University Hospital Employee Reviews

Employees are Robots
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2016
Everyday was busy; union employees took adantage of not doing things because "It isn't my Job" attitude and it was acceptable. I learned that working in a place that has employees who know how to abuse the union rules made it easier for them to get away with things. Management was stuck to handle horrible staff and overwork those who cared.
The only thing that made it easy to tolerate going to work everyday was knowing that I was making a difference for a patient and their family and also that I scheduled my time alongside a friend so that we could support each other.
Pros
Caring People
Cons
Mandatory OT
It was exciting to work those doctors and see what they really do to help people's lives
Filer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
Mostly I was an filer in the hospital, making appointments, checking medical records and insurance so no one is mistaken for anyone and also no one will die on my watch through giving the doctors the wrong medical record
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
union shop, advancement difficult
Registered Nurse interventional radiology (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2016
lots of on call, management is ineffective, work environment varies daily, work load fluctuates hourly. Older staff lumps work on new staff. Lunches are an hour long. Older staff comes and goes as they please. Minimal oversight.
Tea time every day
Data Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia,PA 19111November 2, 2015
The people at Temple are very nice and awesome to work with. This is a great place to work and a fast paced environment as well.
Pros
Great benefits, tuition reimbursement for Temple University
Cons
to many politics
Temple Gym to relieve stress and vacation to get away, regroup and come back to continue service in my realm
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2016
Temple has been a beautiful experience of professional and personal growth. I would prefer to stay here where I have been vested for the past 27 1/2 years. We have a close knit team where we pull together to master the daily challenges.

A typical day in the ED is filled with joy when you provide the needs of a patient and/or their family member during their stay. There was a patient all alone and cold on a strectcher. I secured him two warm blankets and gave gentle kind words seeing if he needed anything else and his response of appreciation warmed me inside. He was shivering; but, did not ask for anything and he appreciated me noticing his need and making him warm. He was an older gentlemen and I learned just how important it is to pay attention to detail. Most often, than not, it is the little things that SOMETIMES makes the greatest difference.

The hardest part of the job is to handle so many responsibilities in so few hours. Eight hours is not enough to help so many people; but, we do the best we can for the time was are here.

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the RNs, PCAs and UCs who are on the front line taking care of our patients.

I am grateful, to God, to have a job and to be in a position to be a benefit to another human being.
Pros
4 weeks paid vacation, excellent benefits educationally, health and dental when I need them;
Cons
a con is what you make it, We work under pressure, short staffed to meet unbroken deadlines, we could complain OR just put our best forward and leave the rest to God.
Under going construction
Shift Operator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2016
Its a long day and very stressful working in tight quarter. We learned how to make it work in any environment, we continue to work together as a team no matter the condition. The most enjoyable part of the job is its all about the patients.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Productive work place
Credentialed Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Typical day involves working and interacting with staff and patients across multidisciplinary boundaries. They have many ways to accomplish goals which allows staff to have various avenues to achieve results.
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2016
Allowed to implement more efficient ways of accomplishing tasks.
Enjoyable work environment.
Many classes offered to increase your efficiency and also for personal growth.
i enjoy my job
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2016
communication with staff and patients is enjoyable for me. I have been with temple 26 years. I have gained knowledge, experience and friends during my employment at temple.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
addvancement out of my department has been challanging
Na
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Temple. My co workers were like family. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fantastic Teaching facility
RN/CCU (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2016
Amazing place to see new innovations such as the artificial heart and to be able to collaborate with great cardiologist and surgeons.
Pros
Free Gym membership and reasonable parking fees
Cons
The neighbor hood has a lot of crime
A family orientated job that taught a lot of life lessons
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2012
One word to describe a day at Temple Hospital would be eventful. It is a trauma hospital located in the heart of North Philadelphia that i worked at for the majority of the time that i resided in Philadelphia. I spent the better part of my young adult life working here and I learned plenty moral lessons and also got the chance to further my career when I began taking dietary management courses that Temple also paid for. Management and Co workers had their good and bad days but both understood the advantage of working at such a facility so we all got along. The hardest part about working at Temple would be the tension among the union and management at times other than that this is a wonderful place that I return to when I visit Philadelphia
Pros
free lunch, paid tution, benefits, and salary
Great compensation, horrible work environment
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2015
Great place to work if you don't want any advancement or to be stuck doing the same things for many years.

Great salary though.
love my job
Scheduler/Gastroenterology (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaApril 23, 2015
this is a great place to work. I have been here for 23 years and I really do love the people I work with. Sometimes there can be some bureacracy but you have to navigate through it and just be the best person you can be for the patients. I love the community that I serve and like knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life. The educational benefits are great and we have a union which helps for those who have issues.
Pros
education
Cons
culture needs improvement
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2015
I currently only work weekends. With this limited amount of hours I am not making enough compensation and I am often bored with not enough work. I have learned and developed customer service, cash handling, and other skills. Management is not too bad but it could use some improvement. My co-workers are great but since I only work weekends I do not see them when I work. The hardest part of the job is the constant boredom. The most enjoyable part is the work.
Tough place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2012
TUH is a special place to work. TUH resides in North Philadelphia. It is a part of the city that has many needs and Temple is the only option for many people. The most difficult aspects of the job is dealing with the politics involved in running a department. It takes longer than it needs to for change to happen. The work/life balance is non-existant. Health care is a 24/7 business and TUH is no different. At times it drains management to always be on-call for months at a time. It interferes with family time, and other personal time.
Productive and career advancement available
Administrative Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
The job can be easy going, the food is great and everyone is friendly only problem parking in expensive. There is room to move around if your looking for a change of jobs. Also, room for advancement.
Pros
great benefits and diverse community
Cons
location
If you can survive there you can work anywhere.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2012
Working any shift is hard. You work hard expected to make miracles happen short staff. If you need experience great place to work.Good benefits. Co-workers are good the place changed a lot so its not as friendly as it use to be. My job is hard you are faced with a lot of challenges to get your job done, but i do it for the patients. I love my job.
Pros
great benefits, good co-workers
Cons
poor management, no organization, hard place to work
no longer work at TEmple
per diem staff RN (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaOctober 6, 2015
I have not worked at TEmple in over 13 years, not prepared to evaluate the current environment of that establishment. the hospital has very busy patient volume. I can not comment on current status
Pros
academic center for learning trauma
Cons
parking and management
Fun place to learn and gain experience
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
A typical day at Temple University Hospital (TUH) consisted of admitting patients into the ER, Collecting personal information, organizing patient portfolios, and answering call light. My co-workers always maintained a smile on their faces, they got their jobs done right, and they always helped me with any concerns, questions or difficulties that I may have experienced while being an employee. The hardest part about my job as a Unit Clerk was having to deal with the loved ones of patients that weren't doing too well health wise. The most enjoyable part however, was getting to put a smile on the patients face. As for management, I couldn't complain. This was a great place to work in. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to gain any knowledge or experience in the Medicine Field.
Pros
Lunch breaks with doctors and nurses.
Cons
Angry patients and angry relatives of patients.

4.2