Temple University Employee Reviews

Just OK
Owl Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PAJune 26, 2017
Temple Ambler campus is struggling to survive, and management is doing very little. The work environment is ok, but there are redundancies everywhere, so if you want conciseness, work somewhere else.
Some enjoyable parts
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2017
Nice new science building.
Great food choices around the main campus: lots of trucks with a variety of cuisine
Evening shuttle service (Temple Flight)
Wonderful colleagues, low pay, little room for advancement
Adjunct English Faculty (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2017
Temple University has a wonderful working environment for instructors. Shared values toward excellence in teaching contributed to a positive working environment. However, the pay is low and there is little room for advancement.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
Cons
Low pay, and few benefits for adjunct professors
Good Place to work
LEAD ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2017
Although work can get stressful there is job security and room for advancement. The benefits are good that provides coverage for your family and a reasonable rate and so is the pay.
Pros
nice pay rates
Cons
in the heart of North Philadelphia
Great experience
Institute of Disabilities, Extern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2017
I had an amazing mentor who was incredibly invested in my growth. I was able to gain a lot of project planning experience and could make mistakes without them feeling like failures.
Great experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
Temple teaches you alot and you meet alot of different people!
Its in the city so theres alway things going on after work
Lots of free food
workplace culture is very lax
Pros
free food
Cons
no parking
Great school
Graduate Assistant and Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Temple very much. The people were very nice and so were the students. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in working there.
Great university program
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington PaJune 13, 2017
The RA/QA program is well managed. It has strong faculty, very good offerings and is well respected in industry.

The students are experienced and very engaged. As faculty, I have freedom to develop my programs
Pros
Great students, exciting program
Cons
long classes
Adjunct at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2017
I love to teach, teaching an Intellectual Heritage 101 course was delightful: attending the weekly teacher meetings led by various professors who taught Intellectual Heritage courses. The professors were tenured in other departments and most, if not all, were full-time employees. I learned many things: world literature; discussions with students, teaching writing, and working in the Writing Center. I also worked with each student, tutoring them at appointed times in the library; planned and had a Star Gazing party to see the moons of Jupiter. The hardest part of this job was that I could not afford to earn a PHD; could not be employed full time; had no benefits. This job was intellectually stimulating; however, all of the adjunct jobs I've had are disappointing because you really don't belong to the department.
Pros
Teaching the curriculum, learning
Cons
adjunct; no benefits
fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
Overall Fun workplace, nice people good mangers nice pay good amount of overtime. Only problem was could not take a break everyday but still they would take away my money.

Want to know more about Temple University?

Ask a question
Eh
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
Management doesn't understand other staff or students. Only care about making their salary and would send lower level employees to take care of stuff they weren't able to. Upper management hates lower management which makes for an "interesting" work environment.
Pros
Free pizza once a year
Cons
Under appreciated, undervalued
Fun
Commencement Speaker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
learned a lot about the people here. Met people from around the world and was able to advance my career. Would recommend temple to anyone who is willing to take a chance.
Experience will be different depending where you work.
Sr. HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2017
Great brand. No employee engagement. Can be a little political so it is tough to advance.
There are really great people that are at Temple, with amazing skills but are not able to advance. Also, a lot of the jobs are not really the work they tell you, you will be doing. You must be open to doing a completely different job than whats on your JD.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No employee engagement, no training
Great Place
Ambassador, Pretty Girls Sweat (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2017
Temple Owls are always working! The network there is great and people are always willing to help. My favorite part was being in Philadelphia because of the culture and school spirit.
Productive and vibrant atmosphere. No day working as a groundskeeper is alike
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
No day as a student groundskeeper is alike at Temple University. Not only have I been responsible for collecting cigarette buds and other forms of trash around campus. Also, I have managed to pour salt onto the streets and sidewalks of campus during winter storms, and plant flowers during the Spring. I have also been responsible with handling their various seasonal equipment, such as pouring salt into the back of the many snow trucks that the full-time employees use, as well as mow lawns and cut grass with the weed wacker.
Pros
Great corporate atmosphere. Everybody looks out for each other, within the Groundskeeping Department, from the student workers to the full-time employees, to our bosses.
Cons
Handling some of the equipment can be tricky.
Dysfunctional department
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2017
My case may be an isolated one, but there is a complete lack of communication and trust between the faculty members in my department that results in very unhappy employees.
Learned a lot. Fun.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2017
Worked here for two summers. I was able to learn a lot about different things and expand my horizons. The supervisors were college students...........
this was volunteer
INTERN FOR ROAD TO HIGHER EDUCATION (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2017
not much to say. simplistic work that anyone would be able to do. tasks were sometimes hard and annoying since you werent getting paid but i received experience.
Productive workplace
OFFICE SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2017
This job helped me become much more organized and helped build my communication skills. I met a lot of great people working here and I can say overall it was a fun place to work.
A supportive and productive workplace
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2017
As an undergrad I worked in a research lab in the neuroscience department for a year and a half. It was an amazing learning experience and I learned so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2