Temple University Employee Reviews

Transition
Grants Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: commute
Cons: uncertainty
I really enjoy the faculty members, my previous supervisor made it rather easy to transition. Great commute, and plenty of street parking
Good health insurance
Project Rise/ Community Outreach Worker (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaJuly 14, 2015
Great company to work for. I love working for Temple, great benefits. Fun co-workers, dedicated bosses, great learning enviorment.
Great place for Nursing students
Adjunct Faculty Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2015
Temple values their students and strives to provide the best learning experience prossible at all times. They truly value integrity and proferssionalism
SHPSW - Great People
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent opportunities to learn and grow
Cons: As with most positions like this, there is a shelf life due to grant based funding
I work in the School of Health Professions and Social Work. The atmosphere is generally calm, even when deadlines are approaching. The team I work with understands student schedules and provides motivation and support for academic success.
Fast pace environmet with advanced technology
Telecommunications Office Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
Nice place to work with an office that consist of full time employees along with a constant rotation of contractors. In the office it was necessary to combine common front office duties with warehouse and logistics work. The rotating duties created a fun fast place environment to work in.
Productive and flexible work environment
Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules, great benefits
Cons: Limited promotional opportunities
I was afforded to the opportunity to spearhead an international conference while simultaneously completing my daily routine of working with the Associate Director of Finance. I supported the department administratively, while also assisting with budgetary and human resource operations and accreditation processes.
Temporary Assignment here was professional and nice working environment
Administrative Assistant III (Temporary) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Convenient options for lunch
Cons: Long wait to be called for jobs I applied for at Temple
Good place to perform a temporary assignment. People are friendly and down to earth. Enjoyed my stay. Wish I would have been made temp to perm. Would come back again!
Typical day at work
Administrative Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement, free tuition for my kids when applicable
Cons: healthcare just went up 24%
A typical day at work is pretty busy in the Controller's office dealing with Accounts Payable, Finance and General Accounting. I see to the day-to-day Operations of the unit and supervise/train and hire Work Study Students. I maintain attendance/time for staff daily. Order/maintain supplies from the marketplace. Distribute checks. Signature Authorization for sponsored projects. Scanning of Journal Entry transfers. Administrator for Audit process. Upkeep with manuals, binders and literature and update as needed.
Productive workplace with large flexibility
Bioinformatics and genome assembly team leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible, independent work atmosphere
Cons: Not much room for vertical movement
Flexible work environment with good co-workers. Some managerial issues within the administration with respect to ease of hiring new employees.
Temple U
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2015
Good place to work and to grow professional. Being at Temple has allowed to the grow personally and professionally. The work varies from day to day and from semester to semester.
N/A
Help faculty (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Enjoyed working working with the people I worked with in the department. I learned a lot while maintained day to day operations at the front desk.
Productive and fun workplace
Computer Engineering Apprenticeship (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 9, 2015
Worked part-time
Worked on Arduino processors
Programming in Visual Basic, Python
Work closely with Temple Professors
Robotics work with, infrared sensors, fixed servo’s, and manual processors
Working on lecture and lab courses for GPA and a degree completion, along with spending time gaining research experience.
Lab Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Opportunities, and professor and graduate student's available time. In addition, there's a diversity of race and culture in that area.
In my typical day, I go to course lectures and labs, along with finding time needed to study and to find professor's office hours. At the same time, I also find time I could use to gain more research experience.
Never worked anywhere so organized
Clerk IV (Current Employee), 3223 N broad stApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits, secirity
Cons: none, i still work there so its not really bad
Days tend to be busy but smooth
I learned more about customer service
the management is fair
Coworkers are down to earth
Hardest part is test days the work can be constant but not overwelming
Decent place to do research with aged equipment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
Most of the Chemical research here is funded well enough for students to have everything they need. Lots of good food and bad coffee nearby.
Good
Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: Mentors and instructors
On a typical day, work was busy and it was always something to do. even though I was on summer break, it challenged my mind and kept my brain flowing. work was very productive and it was a learning experience.
Excellent place to work
Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: booming hospital and university
Cons: parking is expensive
WIthout exception I have found the people of Temple to be incredibly helpful and respectful, My work days are long and tasks varied. I work both off site and within two different departments. I have witnessed countless examples of professionalism, compassion and determination to the task at hand.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I typically have 10 hour days but I do love my job and my cooworkers. I found my supervisor generally easy to work with and learn every day from here.
Temple is a
Great Learning Environment
Undergraduate Student Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great atmoshphere
Cons: student worker job
A typical day at work for me I answer phone calls from people with question of testing at our testing center or other centers in the city. There are often professor cooming to pick up and drop off exams they've administer in their classrooms. What I learn at my job it better to communicate the right information, we have students that come to our office with incorrect information making it harder to assist the student. I'm learning to communicate with other offices on campus to assure they have the correct information to give to their students.
Work and Play
Intramural Sports Official (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2015
Being able to work as an intramural official at Temple University allowed me to gain a little bit of income while participating in something that I love, which is sports. I was able to officiate various sports while working towards my degree and being surrounded by other student-workers made the experience even better.
Productive Work place
Running Backs Coach/Special Teams Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: student athletes
Cons: location
Good work environment with a common mission. Working with the student athletes is the most rewarding part of the job. Co-workers were helpful and pleasant. Typical management employee relationships. Location is the hardest part of the job.