Temple University Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work in science and research
Research Associate (III) - Role of Mitochondria (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2016
Good place to work in science and research.
Learning and supportive work environment. Motivated to go to work.
very good
Register Nurse- PCU (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2016
it was a great place to work and get your experience since one see many different cases. despite the staff it was great to work as a new nurse
Pros
good pay
Cons
unfriendly staff
People can be hard to work with
Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2016
The board is very nice and helpful. People with more authority can get stressed and take it out on the people working for them.
Great learning experience
Clerk IV/Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2016
ACD lines can be very busy.
Friendly environment
Lazy management
Working alone
Enjoyable part of the job is laughing about it at the end of the day
Great place to be, great team, lots of support.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Temple University. The scholars that I worked with were definitely top notch professionals. They were easily the most enjoyable part of the job. They are currently building a culture of collaboration and support, and I believe that all academics should consider Temple University for their career.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work on Temples campus required us to actually look at some abandon places in Philadelphia and go clean them and think of ways it could be better. The hardest part of the job was thinking of ways the job could've been better. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming up with ideas on the abandon places. I worked -pretty well with my co workers
Pros
no. We either brought lunch from home or the store
Cons
short breaks
producive and fun workplace
Student tutor / front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Great environment with a lot of room to grow and learn and expand one's knowledge of multiple concepts .Thoroughly enjoy working here.
Excellent University
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2016
I love the IELP. I wish they had salaried instructors, Temple is a great university. The IELP staff is excellent. The instructors are all very well-trained and well-liked by the students.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Paid per course taught
It is good to work in Temple
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2016
the co-worker are very nice
the management are helpful
the benefit is good
the health insurance is relative expensive
the working environment is good
Priorities in the wrong place
Adjunct Professor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2016
I lost my job as an Adjunct Professor since there is not enough interest among students. Liberal Arts is shutting down while they have millions to build a stadium. No French, no Italian, no English literature, and Spanish, THE most important language.

It's all about money and greed. Temple is a university. They forgot that and should be ashamed to call themselves an institution of learning.
Cons
Greed, not teachers, money makers
Calm and organized office with wonderful staff
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2016
Typical day of work consisted of answering phone calls, helping students with general admission information, and filing. Relaxing and productive environment.
Not happy with my work experience
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2016
I worked here for six years, and they way I was let go was not ideal. I felt that the employees were very lazy and entitled. My superiors were not supportive and always talked down to other co-workers.
Great school
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed my academic experience at Temple University. The faculty are well qualified and caring. My fellow students were a joy to work with. I'm very glad that I chose to pursue my degree at Temple.
Graduate Extern Athletic Trainer for PhilaSD (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2016
Very little organization or supplies. Student-athletes were friendly and easy to work with, but parents were hard to communicate with. Small community of athletic trainers limited providing best possible care due to limited time and impossibility of being more than one place at once.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2016
Great work-life balance. My supervisor is extremely supportive. The experience that I am getting is going to prepare me for my next step.
Temple University Employee
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colleg of Public HealthApril 26, 2016
I love working for Temple University and look forward new job-related experiences daily with student and faculty/staff contact.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Levels of Management could greatly be improved
Temple Tech Transfer is growing very quickly
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2016
As a technology analyst, I spent many hours working at a computer station conducting prior art searches, I interviewed inventors and learned about new technologies and conducted research on marketability. I also worked with patent attorneys when filing for patents for university staff.
i worked as an intern . it was a learning exprience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2016
I was first assigned to out patient pharmacy where i was able to apply what i learnt in school. The staff was friendly and willing to show me how thing are done. i later shadowed worker at the in patient pharmacy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great school/place of employment
Operations Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2016
I've enjoyed attending the university as well as having the opportunity to learn professional skills through work experience as well.
fun place to work
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2016
it was a nice place to work, lots of nice people, and lots of benefits, including travel. international offices are the best part about temple university

4.2