Temple University

Temple University Employer Reviews

Teaching is the best way to continue learning!!
Adjunct Instructor, College of Liberal Arts (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: no benefits
I have had the priviledge of teaching at Temple University where I received my Masters degree. Each semester I have about 160 students and I try to mentor as many students as I can to help them on their educational pathes. Watching my students learn and ask me how they can pursue a career path similar to mine - is the best form of positive reinforcement!!
Productive and well organized.
Utility Laborer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work for me was, going in at 2:00 in the afternoon, clocking in and put on my uniform. I then spoke to my boss about special tasks that he needed me to perform for the day.
While events were going on, I would then clean the areas, run errands, help prepare food and kept busy until the event was over and the dishes were brought back to the kitchen for me to wash.
My co-workers were good people to work with. We all worked as a team. There really wasn't anything hard about the job. I was actually trying to advance and learn other jobs.
productive work environment
Tutor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: no breaks
learned to be patient, requires a lot of patients and understanding.
Interesting biological research
Research - Thrombosis Research Center (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
This shadowing experience helped me understand many concepts which were not too clear to me through my undergraduate biology courses.
nice people doing very important work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent instruction, work as part of a team, plenty of break time.
Cons: summers only
My day was spent doing data entry for a group of people that were following up on patients who left a psychiatric facility after its closing. I learned about precision, and I learned how the data was being used to help ensure the care of these patients. The management was warm, helpful, and patient, and my co-workers all worked very hard and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the accountability of entering the data correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was challenging myself to accomplish more each day.
​"Investing in People, Strengthening Communities"
Career Coach (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2014
Pros: great work-life balance, a great direct supervisor, amazing benefits, renown university, diverse campus, perfect location for commuting, good pay
Cons: the inherent hierarchy and bureaucratic complexity of higher education, pressure to maintain cultural conformity, lack of advancement opportunities
Working at Temple University has been a boon to my professional life. I work with a small team of creative, driven, mindful professionals who are all dedicated to improving the lives of our students.

The work culture encourages creativity and initiative, although the fact that my program is grant-funded often means that we don't always have the financial support to see our projects fully developed.

Management takes a very hand's-off approach to the day-to-day operations, which can be great when we need to move quickly and confidently, but a hindrance when our progress can only continue with the voice of our leadership.

The most enjoyable part of this job for me is having an office filled with students clamoring for attention and assistance; being able to properly identify, assess, and solve my clients problems is a great feeling. The hardest part of this job has been balancing what we want to do for our students and what we have to do to maintain the grant, which is often more heavily weighed in favor of numbers than it is the actual reality of what those numbers represent.
Great environment to work in
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
Great staff in the public health department that make you feel welcome and assist you whenever they can help. I love working in academia as I would like to teach.
Great
Editor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Everyday was an educational day. Each of my coworkers / peers including myself always have something new for everyone to learn.
it was only a summer job. Everything always ran smoothly at the workspace, under any circumstances.
Great place to work for.
HVAC TECH (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2014
Pros: free tuition
Cons: lack of training and advancement.
Temple University is a great place to work for, especially if you have children looking to go to college in the future. This is by far the best employer I've ever worked for in all of my years of experience. The upper management team has been very unstable since my employment here. Perhaps the University should consider training & promoting from within. I'm currently testing the job market to see if there is any potential for me to advance my career earnings.
Great research university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), North PhiladelphiaDecember 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Temple as a graduate student. They have great facilities and instrumentation which is incredibly important for a chemist.
Intramural
Official & Supervisor, Campus Recreation (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2014
• Enforced and regulated rules of various intramural sport contests.
• Supervised 20 staff members and coordinated intramural activities.
• Managed and coordinated setup of fields.
The best job I ever had
Business Manager (Former Employee), Center City Location Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: each day is never the same and i love change and to keep busy
Cons: more support needed from temple as far as space
Loved each day I came to work and every person good or bad I made sure that in the end the client got what they needed and did not waste time being talked into something that was not a good fit for them.
Client Support Specialist
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2014
Temple is a great company to work for. I learned a great deal during my tenure at this company.
Productive fun work envirement
Tutor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2014
Productive fun work Environment. Flexible schedule.
Great group to work with. people there are very helpful.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2014
I enjoyed working with the students. The campus setting was nice. It was a great learning experience in the higher educational field.
I loved working at Temple
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2014
I think working at the lab is a great opportunity for undergraduates who are interested in water treatment. I received a lot of hands on experience with lab scale water treatment.
A productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
The department was a very fast pace for registering and reviewing school applications. You had to be savvy on the computer and a quick learner and able to research information for the department. I had to support over 80 employees such as: tenure faculty, professors and student workers.
Internship
Research Assistant/Asst Comm Health (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: was able to be around student dentists and real patients
Cons: felt as if i was not guided by my supervisor as much
I completed an internship at the dental school in order to complete my BS degree program. I was an experience
Comfortable working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2014
I am working as a teaching assistant in computer and information science dept. The work is comfortable and joyful. Good health insurance.
Challenging and supportive workplace
DT-LAN Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: self motivating job
Cons: n/a
Check the queue. Take a ticket. Go see client. Trouble shoot ticket. Tickets can range from virus removal, OS imaging, software install, hardware trouble shooting, network trouble shooting, network configuring, admin access, shared drive mapping and access, printer trouble shooting, VOIP trouble shooting. I have learned an abundant amount since being with Temple. Management is really great and very supportive. My co-workers are the same way. Hardest part of the job is handling upset and busy clients while trying to trouble shoot issues with their PC. Most enjoyable part of the job is over coming the challenges and learning something new everyday.

1 2 3 4 5