Job Title: “Professional Medical Sales Representative”
Company: Tempo Medical
Department: North American Sales
Reports To: Director of Sales
Prepared Date: March 11, 2013
This position exists to generate the highest possible sales dollar volume and profitability in an assigned territory and market segment, to foster long-term customer relationships/satisfaction and maximize value to Tempo Medical customers, and to convert competitive accounts in the territory in a cost effective manner. A key function is spreading influence and contact through blood draw facilities and reference labs by direct phone contact as field sales activities are minimally resourced for adequate coverage or distribution channel is not an option. Effective inside sales phone work focuses travel time by keeping field resources (direct and distribution) concentrated on more weighty opportunities. A sizable part of our business is through small orders, from many locations, so efficiency is dramatically increased through effective phone selling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Sales Performance Self Management
· Achieve annual quota in designated product categories through outbound calling activities.
· Develop then implement quarterly and annual strategies for quota attainment consistent with regional corporate strategy.
· Prioritize selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration, market share growth, and complete territory coverage.
· Use discount-pricing authority in a manner, which ensures the highest dollar volume sales while maintaining the strongest profitability possible.
· Uncover new business opportunities for the product line by determining customer expenditure budgets.
· Represent Tempo Medical as laboratory leaders and business partners of choice through regular customer contact.
· Develop targeted account strategies to maximize account penetration. Develop account plans to determine best approach for facilities including call frequency, promotions, and key contacts. Determine which approach will result in the highest dollar volume of sales and strong customer relations.
· Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships with key buying influences in each account.
· Maintain complete knowledge of each account’s current and long-term purchase plans for designated products. Keep informed of all changes in plans, objectives, and key buying influences.
· Prepare and provide formal written price quotes and supply agreements to customers.
Product Knowledge and Market Knowledge
· Maintain a high level of product knowledge on Tempo and competitive products. Understand basic clinical applications, functions, features, and benefits with ability to communicate them to customers.
· Maintain complete knowledge of distribution system for products to customers.
· Maintain an understanding of market dynamics and be able to communicate those to management as you become aware of changes. Also, use this information to identify business opportunities or potential problems for Tempo. Be a conduit for the customer /market (“voice of the customer”) – respond to customer needs (“solution provider”), while balancing company objectives.
· Prepare or provide training to other sales reps in areas of product, process, and unique experience. Share experience and learning, coordinate account management activities, and provide support when necessary.
· Assist other sales team members, inside and outside and communicate strategies that have proven effective.
· verify customer inquiries regarding product configurations to ensure appropriate product used in application. Assist in getting configurations correct and, when needed, building custom configurations.
· Determine when most appropriate to pull in additional company resources to address clinical, technical or administrative issues.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Compensation is established by the amount of customer conversions, if any, along with a proven blend of declining salary in increasing commissions over a 12-24 month time period. It is intended that in time this position yield a $100,000 in annual compensation based on productivity.
· Tempo provides a group retirement plan and a full compliment of elective and individual benefits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience
Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred in Business Administration or other related field. Essential: one or more years of successful inside sales experience, which required the candidate to close business. Experience with medical facilities or alternate care environment desirable.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand as well as communicate technical information and clinical concepts via telephone, in person and written documentation.
Ability to effectively communicate product features and benefits and/or concepts to customers (including clinicians, hospital management and/or executives, as well as other contacts within the healthcare industry). Be able to provide clear instructions and feedback to employees within the company.
Ability to understand and execute basic sales formula requirements- understand and analyze customer sales, sales performance, and calculate gross margin, mark ups and discounts.
Must have strong problem solving skills to overcome objections and have strong aptitude in consultative sales and service. Must be well organized and detail orientated. Must also be familiar with general office equipment. Ability to make decisions within authority level and have sound judgement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required stand, or sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach above the shoulders; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must have adequate vision for assembly and inspection of small components. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.