Tempur + Sealy Employee Reviews

Not really a good Wearhouse to work at
Shift Lead/ floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 25, 2017
Management shows favoritism towards some employees and does not treat everyone equally far. The supervisor they are hiring are doing a minimum of 6months and are leaving. Very high turn over rate in that position which leaves the leads to to all the work but not get any of the pay
Pros
Discount on brand new beds
Cons
You never know when your getting off
Poor work load
Quilter (Current Employee) –  Trinity, NCAugust 1, 2017
work load drops significantly
only getting 30 hours per week
you never know when youre going in or getting off
supervisors have to text workers every night and tell them what time to come in
can be anywhere from 4 am to 8 am depending on work load
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
low work load
Productive and good place to work
Grid Assembly (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 21, 2017
easy to learn job great benefits and pay. lack of work hours short work weeks. Management could use a little more improvement when dealing with co-workers
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Short work hours
A job with potential
Encased Coil Assembly (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2017
You never know when you're going home from day to day. Some days are 12 hours, some are 5. Many weeks, paychecks won't last until the next. There is no morale, and rewards promised to those with seniority are often given to newer hires. Management is often cynical and arrogant, though some are attentive. It could be that the communication between upper management is lacking severely. The job varies in difficulty from one department to the next, however the majority of new hires start in Encased Coil, which is a sorely managed and poorly treated department with the highest turnover rate (and with good reason.) There are decent insurance benefits, and the facility is unionized. The break room is kept clean and there are vending machines and a visit from a local food truck twice daily.
Pros
clean facility, decent maintenance crew, good peer bonding
Cons
short breaks, poor management, low morale, confusing schedules, limited personal time
Sucks
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 29, 2017
Only a good place to work if you like backstabbing two-faced Liars that will do anything to get their agenda done and s*** on the people that work there and not care about them but the only care about the final product and do not care how they get there by trampling over the people that gets the job done decent money decent benefits terrible management management is almost non-existent from the top to the bottom
Terrible Job good benefits
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 12, 2017
You never know what time you are leaving, People give the new people a hard time, managers don't listen to the problems that you bring to them and neither does HR
Good people, great potential
Financial Systems Accountant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Trinity, NCJune 6, 2017
I was underutilized and underappreciated, though loyal to a fault. Artificially blocked from permanent hire consideration. I hope culture has improved as merger is more fully accomplished.
Sewing
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Trinity, NCMarch 25, 2017
I used to work at Tempur Sealy and quit in March 2017. The pay was decent but not promised by HR when I had the interview. The job was ok but nooo set time to come in to work or leave work. The Supervisor doesn't listen to their employees.This is the WORST place I have worked at, if you're looking for TEAMWORK.. When you address it to HR, nothing is done as PROMISED. The question was asked, will I consider on returning back. AND my answer is DEFINITELY NOO!!
Management and HR need to make improvements on treating their Employees more better.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No set hours
Great company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Island, NYMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. The people are awesome and the management is a very involved group. However, the mattress industry as a whole, is up and down. So, some peole get 40 hours a week and some get 20. Green Island is a union shop so new people get screwed but that is the way it goes.
Pros
great 6 s environment
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Given the opportunity to travel.
IT Help Desk Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Trinity, NCMarch 7, 2017
Answering inbound and out bound calls from customer. Also resolve any hard and software issue on local campus and plants. I have learned how to resolve issues in a fast pace environment. Management would always let you know we were always open to discuss any issue we may be experiencing. The workplace culture was very fast pace and exciting. The most enjoyable part of the job was to always make sure the customer issue was resolve and they were please with the service.
good pay job
Forklift Operator, Mattress assembly (Current Employee) –  Trinity, NCMarch 2, 2017
good job okay managment, could be better, no set time to go in and get off. has great benefits, and some suprvisors have no clue of there job but could need more training
Lies,lies,lies
Builder (Former Employee) –  Trinity, NCFebruary 23, 2017
This company slaves the temp workers promising to hire you on full-time,but when it's time to hire they make up excuse after excuse. The supervisors don't stand up for employees against upper level management therefore you will always be the scapegoat. Small chance to move up in the company pay is good but good luck to the few that survive two years as being a temporary worker.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
High employee turnover, terrible management
12 hr days with no help
janitorial scrap (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 15, 2016
I enjoyed the co workers I had but the 12hrs daily and they didn't want to get help and they've just added machines rather than hiring an extra person very stressful
Excellent company to work for
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando FL and All of the United StatesApril 20, 2016
Excellent Company Good benefits . great opportunities
Enjoyed traveling for the company , training manufacturing personnel ,. furniture dealers and their customer service
Performing Hotels warranty claims verifications and training sales personnel
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can't see any
Like A Box of Chocolates
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 29, 2016
You never know what you're going to get when you enter this place. Are you going to work 13 hours? Are you going to work 4 hours? Will the workforce have the materials that they need to make the daily product.

I was told coming in that my hours would be 7 AM to 3:30 PM Monday thru Friday. I thought that this would be a great job to have and go to school, not so. I missed so many classes because I was required to work late. When I told my supervisor that I had school, he said that it could not interfere with work,and that I should just quit. Other employees in different departments were allowed to leave early for school.

This place has NO HR department, (1 guy who's either not there, on a conference call or just can't be found). There is NO receptionist @ the front desk. The maintenance department is equally inept. So much machinery is rigged up and long past it's service life. Getting them to fix anything properly is very difficult.

They do not have fans installed in the facility so it gets very hot on the inside. If you bring a fan from home they tell you to take it back. They lied when they said fans would be installed and never were.

Constantly running out of supplies, so @ times we have to wait around until the supplies show up. The quality of the work that we put out is terrible. I would not like to buy any thing made here. The management here has no clue. I'm not entirely sure if the whole company is run this way, or if it's just the plant in Plainfield Indiana.
Pros
Cater meals sometimes. Most Holidays Off
Cons
Low Pay. Miserable Work Conditions.
Working for Tempur Sealy
QCS Operator (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 3, 2015
Management does not listen to employees. Job security just is not there you are replaceable and reminded of so. No advancement actually offered. Management lies. I had to leave due to no chance for advancement, lack of respect from management, and overall dislike of life while working for this company.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasion
Cons
Management, Lack of real stability
great place
Operation Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 30, 2015
Overall this is a great place to work. If called back to work in office of Tempur-Sealy would be willing to work with them.
Good place
Manager during transition period (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 3, 2015
Great place to work. The environment was challenging and rewarding. I would have liked to see more focus on 5S and overall CI at the plant level.
TempurSealy ran an extremely lean manufacturing workplace.
PLANT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 11, 2015
I stayed with Sealy (TempurSealy after Tempurpedic purchase in 2013) for 14 years until the closing of the plant in 2014.
A mostly decent company to work for
Production Facility (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 26, 2014
Demands on employees often exceed resources available to complete said demands. The only reward for not taking days off or working vacation days is more work.

Work/life balance is extremely lacking. Attitude of management is often centered around, "what did you do for me today?" Almost every role is a thankless one.

Pay is not competitive nor commensurate with experience or workload.

Most of the managers seem to care with the exception of upper management. Recent changes have shifted focus from developing employees to running out employees and finding new ones.

Used to be where I wanted to grow and try to move up. That is not the case anymore.
Pros
Good benefits, interesting work, wonderful HR staff.
Cons
Work/life balance, "clickish" upper management, less than competitive pay