TEN-X Employee Reviews

Great company with a bright future!
Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 12, 2017
My experience at Ten-X has been filled working with some of the best people in my career doing innovative, thoughtful work.

Pros:
- Great, evolving culture. There are many companies out there with a fixed culture. At Ten-X, the company has been on a journey to evolve - becoming more open, transparent and people-centric. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The people are very open to helping one another and in my group, the politics and backstabbing I've seen at other companies is non-existent.
- Strong profitable business that is positioned well to disrupt a $2T market.
- There seems to be a lot of opportunity for growth but this varies based on role and location.
- Very good benefits. Ten-X's medical coverage is the best I've had (and I've worked for top Fortune 100 tech companies). They have all of the other standard offerings including unlimited PTO.

Cons:
The company recently got acquired by a private equity company. The deal shows great confidence in the company's long-term potential but as with any acquisition, there's a period of uncertainly.
Pros
Great evolving culture, opportunity for growth, amazing people and good benefits.
Cons
Recent acquisition means some uncertainty while things are being figured out.
Field employees are completely forgotten about by corporate
Trustee Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2017
Being a Trustee Auction Manager in North Carolina used to be a great job. In the past they would pay us a minimum of 4 hours for conducting an auction. This seemed very fair but at the beginning of 2017 they cut the 4 hours down to 2 hours. I am not sure that it is worth it to set aside your entire day and only be paid for 2 hours. Local management is awesome but the home office does not value the field employees. We are the first line of contact with customers and corporate does not place a value on us. They cut our pay this year and nickel and dime us with everything we do.
Pros
Not having to work in an office.
Cons
Setting aside your entire day and only be paid for 2 hours, only finalize our schedules a week in advance, and the auctions often cancel the day before in which case we are not paid.
Young company with great promise
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 31, 2016
Ten-X is a young real estate services company with huge promise and potential. Wildly successful - consistently profitable with $300MM in GM in 2015 - the company is only 8 years old and still discovering all of its potential. Organizational leadership is very visionary and progressive, but lacks a foundation in real estate that causes a lack of foresight in potential outcomes of decisions. They possess a technology background, which their primary service to the real estate community is hugely dependent on.

I'd consider these growing pains. Believe the future is bright for Ten-X. Definitely an organization I would return to if asked.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, work/life bakance
Productive workplace filled with determined and encouraging people.
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAOctober 24, 2016
My time at Ten-X was a wonderful experience. A typical day at work for me as a finance intern included some seminars about different aspects of the company, meetings with my boss and his peers, and working on my assigned projects. I came out of my internship learning a lot about the company, the real estate industry as a whole, and the basics of financial modeling and financial forecasting. Everyone was very encouraging and helpful, yet everyone was determined to do the best job they could on their respective projects. The management team is filled with some of the most brilliant and visionary people I've met, and my boss was a fantastic mentor, teacher, and guide.
Pros
Free Lunch every MWF, Loaded snack rooms, ping pong and basketball courts
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEN-X. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2