Ten Mile Square Technologies is a high-end technology-consulting firm based in the Northern Virginia area. Our customers routinely call upon us to solve some of the largest scale and hardest problems in computer science and software development. If you have solid grounding in continuous delivery, computer science, and product development, and are looking for a career move that will provide the opportunity to leverage those skills to the fullest while working on cutting edge projects that will grow and refine your skillset dramatically- Ten Mile Square is the place to do it.
Ten Mile Square has clients in the media, education, SaaS, and consumer product segments. From name brand companies to newly venture funded companies, we deliver innovative solutions using industry best practices in product and project management, and software development.
We are currently looking for talented software engineers in test who are passionate about software to join our growing team of product, technology, and software professionals. The work will require some travel, up to 40%. The successful candidates will work with highly experienced team leads and have an opportunity to learn new technologies, while refining fundamental skills.
Required skills to be considered for this position include:
- Automating system validation testing using:
- Shell scripting
- One or more of the following: Python, Perl, Groovy
- Continuous Delivery Frameworks (Jenkins, Cloud Foundary, Bosh)
- SCM (SVN, Git)
- Build tools (Maven, Buildr)
- Integrating automated functional test frameworks (Selenium, SOAPUI, Load Runner, JMeter, etc.)
- Agile software development/SCRUM
- Customer and team communication skills
Nice to have skills that will set you apart from everyone else:
- Computer science background
- Cloud based software deployment
- Amazon AWS, vSphere
- Tomcat, JBoss, Apache administration
- 2-5 years software development experience using Java
- XML JSON
- YourKit, VisualVM, JConsole, Heap Analyzer
- Release management tools (Chef, Puppet)
Characteristics you should posses to be successful in our culture:
- Demonstrated ability to pick-up and learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Detail-oriented with a quality of work ethic.
- Self-starting person that can proactively identify and solve problems and tasks without having to be spoon fed.
- Work as part of high impact team at assigned client-site and project.
- Develop test cases to validate system AMI’s and configuration in AWS environments.
- Automate the test case execution.
- Integrate test automation in Continuous Delivery Framework using various scripting languages.
- Design and implement Continuous Delivery Framework components using Open Source Software.
- Automate management of AWS environments
- Share information about project, expertise gained, client dynamics with Ten Mile team in weekly project/ops review
- Represent yourself and Ten Mile Square with integrity, expertise, and value
- Complete time, expense, and billing reports on timely basis
- Maintain the confidentiality of our clients on an ongoing basis
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR TEN MILE SQUARE
Ten Mile Square Technologies includes a group of diverse senior technology professionals who have been working together across a variety of relationships for over a decade. We believe that a company of exceptional people demands an exceptional culture- one of challenge, reward, learning and sharing, opportunity for contribution, and individual recognition. We have diverse customers with interesting, cutting-edge information technology and computer science problems. Our culture is high speed, low drag and we are known throughout the community for our track record of successes that have enabled many a company to scale, pivot, bring new products to market, or enter new markets.
We believe exceptional people deserve exceptional compensation and benefits. Ten Mile Square Technologies benefits package currently includes:
- 100% company paid medical insurance (including family)
- 100% company paid individual dental, life, short- and long- term disability
- 3% company contribution to 401(k)
- 15 days paid time off per year
- 10 training days per year
- 7 company holidays
- 1 floating holiday
- Individual performance based quarterly cash incentive
- Combined individual and company based annual cash incentive