Tenable Protective Services

Tenable Protective Services Employee Reviews

productive
Public safety officer (Former Employee), baltimoreMarch 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management
working for tenable you are able to meet new people because of the different events that were help on the property. a typical day would consist of daily activities reports of grounds that i would patrol and of any suspicious activities that may have occurred. Really liked the people that worked along side me and we had great communication between each other. The hardest part of the job was not being able to express your self to management.
Providing security for thousands of people
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MD.March 10, 2015
Pros: congregate with professional athletes at times.
Cons: nature of the security business
As the operations manager for Tenable Protective Services I was charged to oversee daily operations at Orioles Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium(Baltimore Ravens). I truly enjoyed working for this company and our client(Maryland Stadium Authority).I was sadden when our contract was ended and I would no longer work at that site.
Security (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: low pay
Management was great and friendly. I would recommend this as a great part time job. Don't try to use it as a full time job, it wont work.
Security Officer
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: i was able to wear a security guard outfit
Cons: standing on my feet for 8 hours
Patrol premises, patrons employees to preserve order and protect the property.
How to maintain a positive attitude and patients with others.
Management was fair with sending me out to jobs sites.
I worked alone, so their was no co-worker involved.
When no customer came into the banks not enough activity.
when customers come into the bank and im able to greet them.
Exciting place to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Akron, OHDecember 30, 2014
Pros: worked alone without supervision, we checked on posts.
Hired in to work Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine. Provided security for the faculty and students. Monitored security cameras, secured the buildings at night, and toured the facility and grounds, answered alarms. November of 2005 I was promoted to Shift Supervisor and Alarm response.
New Experience Everyday
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2014
Cons: no breaks, healthcare
Busy days.
Nice Staff.
Always on call.
Hours are not flexible at all.
The hardest part about this job would be the "having to be relieved from work" this is 24 hour post that has to be filled at all times.
love this place
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: expirence
Cons: going home
learning to dispatch out the emergency calls out and the fast pace knowing there life in your hands. love the co workers off duty officers as well. family work place
nice location
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, the excitement of different events that occured
Cons: only 30mins for a lunch break after being on your feet in harsh weather conditions, some management abusing power.
really enjoyed working with my co-workers but management could have been a lot better. Management did not appreciate workers at all. The job over all was easy to learn and the good thing about it was meeting new people during different events.
A good place to work if you live in Cleveland Ohio
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2014
Pros: seeing the players and what they drive
Cons: the off season very quiet
I worked at Cleveland Browns Stadium it was fun but i was a Jets an Giants fan i would get home sick every now and then but the place was eletric at game time
securing events around Greater Cleveland
Student Employee (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2014
patrol and secure special events around Cleveland. Cover concerts, festivals, and conventions
years ago Tenable was a great place to work, but things changed
Armed Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2014
Cons: not enough benifits, not comp. for personal vehicle use, bad management in 24/7 accounts
Back in 2003 Tenable was an awesome place to work, the owner gave the people that worked for him a lot of credit, but in 2005 everything changed and benefits went down and had to pay more to get them.
Dispatch
Receptionist/Dispatch (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours
I worked for this company while working at a part time Police job. I worked the front desk, answering phones and dispatching alarm calls to the mobile security officers.

I met a bunch of great people and was able to see the back ground scenes of special events. (i.e. pro football games) I made about $9.00 per hour on a 40 hrs a week schedule. Mainly for the health benefits. I also worked as a off duty police at the events for $15.00 - $25.00 per hour.
N/A
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Northeast ohio medical universityDecember 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The university has great employee working at the school, they have a helpful and professional staff.
Very fun environment.
Event Staff Security (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: see bengals home games.
Cons: lunch area too small, no room.
I learned to have while working, everything wasn't that serious. But what was more important, is that I took my job serious.
Basic Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2013
Night work. your on your own. some days jobs. Nice people. job not hard at all.
Great place to work for
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2013
Pros: meeting the students and showing them there's more after graduations
Cons: the attitudes that would come through and the jumping in the middle of fights
I enjoyed every bit of working there. All employees were very nice and courteous. Hardest part of the job was looking the accounts therefore my position was eliminated.
Alot of walking kinda job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Cleveland,OHMay 8, 2013
Cons: normal work environment
Management is easy going, so is the co-workers,a lot of walking every hour.
Exciting work elements.
Mobile Patrol/Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 23, 2012
Pros: very in tuned with their employees.
Cons: working with hostile people at times.
Enjoyed working for this company. Very rewarding and a fun atmosphere. Individual recognition for hard work.
good to advace from unarmed to armed security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2012
Pros: excellent start in security
Cons: benifits
keeping your post in order enjoying the wonderful co workers and learning the management side of the operation is a big plus.
Not what you think it is.
Security (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2011
Compensation is very bad , especially for the work you will do. While they offer OPOTA training , amongst other classes, you will find that after the time and money you invested in the class, the return is not great IF you are placed at an OPOTA site. Values and morale is low. Some unarmed officers make more than armed officers. It appears they hire without standard and that any old body will do. They provide uniforms but it seems difficult to obtain them..especially jackets and hats. Please hope that you don't work in the cold! The company as a whole seems to be suffering from the economy as well as competition from other contract security companies. Most of management seems to be very unorganized and forgets your requests. They get angry with you if you have to take off or if you're unable to stay past your scheduled time. It seems they take and give very little in return. Too many "politics" in office and little professionalism. Little room for advancement and again the pay for advancement is not that great either.

June 28, 2013

They don't return calls when your trying to get hired. Really sad professionalism at this company