Tenaris Employee Reviews

Best company I've worked for by far.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXJuly 27, 2016
Tenaris Bay City is an amazing state of the art facility and I have the opportunity to see it comes together. I hope to be here for many years to come. Tenaris invests a lot of time and money on training and building their employees and makes everyone feel they are important to the success of the company. I am grateful for the opportunity to advance my career with a strong company like Tenaris.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Very open work safe atmosphere
Finishing Operator/Team Leader/ NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickman, ARSeptember 27, 2016
I had the opportunity to move up within the company. I was a machine operator which allowed me to advance to team/line leader.
This position very greatly increased my interpersonal and trouble shooting skills.
The later part of my career I was deeply involved in Non Destructive Testing. As a technician in my department I was given the final quality check before product was considered pass or fail.
I deeply miss my co workers and supportive management team I worked with for almost 14 years. The hardest part of my job was knowing that peoples lives were in my hands since we were producing natural gas pipe lines. The most enjoyable part of my former employer was the feeling of family.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very dangerous if you the employee was not concerned with safety
My idea of a wonderful work place.
Machine operator, (Former Employee) –  Hickman Ar.June 30, 2016
I think a typical day at work would be knowing we did our best to meet the goals safely. The management and coworkers work together to make a work place where they can interact to make a better work place. Hardest part is learning the dangers and earning the trust of fellow employee's. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we worked as a team and met our goals together.
Pros
401k, insurance
Cons
short breaks
Its a job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 13, 2016
Tenaris offered many ways to work. Unfortunately if you come in as a general labor you will more than likely be stuck in that position. Very little chance to move up in the company, and majority of management is hired out of college and groomed. Use the job, as stepping point for some of the other steel mills in the area
Pros
its a job
Cons
hot, very little chance to move up
Good company but too many bad people
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Worked for Tenaris formerly known as Hydril for 10 years. When it was Hydril was the best place to work. Benefits were best to none. When Tenaris bought it, new people from Argentina, Mexico started changing the everything including benefits. And I quit.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Bad management
Wonderful place to work when economy is going well
Exiros Content Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 5, 2016
I worked for Tenaris for over 20 years. I have learned so much about computers, excel, materials, manufacturing processes. My co-workers were the best people to work with.
Pros
Met many new people from all over the world
Cons
Not very stable when the oil prices go down
Challanging and diverse company
SENIOR AUTOMATION PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
Tenaris was a challanging multi-cultural environment. Tenaris taught me to deal with the day to day difficulties of time sensitive projects. You learn to deal with different cultures which can be challanging at times but also rewarding with experience. The hardest part of work at Tenaris would have to be managing multiple projects with unobtainable deadlines at times. I enjoyed seeing my project come from Design phase to installation then to completion.
I took pride in seeing that my clients were happy with the finished product. Tenaris Engineering department operates like an outside contractor and this allows one to always keep that mentality that you have to keep the customer happy.
Pros
Flexible work Schedule
Great perks and great culture if you're lucky
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 8, 2016
Safety is number one priority.
Ample overtime opportunities, sometimes mandatory.
Great training.
Lots of benefits including medical, dental, and bonus incentives.
Pros
Average pay for industry, advancement opportunities available, benefits
Cons
Some supervisors and previous culture clashes
Some of your co-worker are great to work around
Metal Worker Workshop L2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
it's a pretty good work environment. But can have better supervision meaning better supervisors. The hardest thing about the job was was none. It was a pretty good place to work to for.
Pros
Benefits are great! Enjoy the hrs.
overall good company
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 25, 2016
after years of working for this company I have come to the conclusion that a long career with tenaris is not worth it. I have seen guys with 20-30 years with the company get let go
Pros
good bounus program
Cons
no loyalty to long time employees
good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2016
got a learning experience friendly people to work for and had time off when asking for it had free lunches on payday got to learn about the equipment
Pros
did not have none
Cons
Good experience and technical knowledge
Project Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Is a good place to gain experience and knowledge.
It could give you interesting international exposure.
Hard to escalate in the managerial positions.
ok to work
cnc machine operator (Former Employee) –  housonMay 17, 2016
I had to supervise 20 or more EE,s and get work orders ready get tooling ready for machines had to keep time Also worked with management in scheduling for the lines
Pros
good company lunches every 3 months
Cons
short breaks
Best company in its sphere of influence
Member of the Commercial Team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Tenaris is far from perfect. Management is talented and smart, but sometimes short-sighted when deviating from the "Tenaris way". The culture is driven and unforgiving, with many in upper management micromanaging employees two and three levels below. Work/life balance can be difficult, and the balance most Americans are used to doesn't seem to be shared by the mostly Latin American management team.

However, if you were to compare Tenaris with any other steel tube manufacturer, they would very clearly be ranked number one. There is no better place to be in this industry right now. The breadth of scope and ambition in their commercial approach is unmatched among their competitors.

Be prepared to work hard and give up your personal life balance as necessary, but it's a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
The best steel tube manufacturer to work for
Cons
Poor communication from management
Good place to start, tough place to move up
Process engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Tenaris is a company with a global presence as the leading supplier of oil and gas pipes in the world. The company places a strong emphasis on training and development. Work/life balance is acceptable for the industry. Upper management is littered with expats mostly from Argentina. Very tough to move beyond middle management as an American. Oil crisis has led to shaky job security.
Pros
Training
Cons
Lack of job security
Tenaris provides a multicultural postion that is challenging.
SENIOR AUTOMATION PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
The typical days work at Tenaris is very busy with multiple responsibilites and workload challenges. I have learned to be be a more organized project manager and have utilized the Tenaris University for my benefit. The management at Tenaris always challenges you as an individual and promotes self growth potention and the necessity to always be improving upon your weaknesses.
I have had the pleasure of having several co-workers at Tenaris which have built many lifelong friends.
I would say the hardest part of the job at Tenaris would be the diversity in Language and the barriers produced from the many cultural differences.
The most enjoyable portion of working for Tenaris would be the ability to constantly utilize the best technology possible to stay on the leading edge of the industry.
good comany to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Schedule work load for the week assign jobs to ee's. order parts for next weeks workload using SAP system. Answer emails for work needed to be scheduled, Address maintenance manager to keep him updated on the progress of work load. Follow up on equipment needing service or in outside shop. Handle emergencies that may arise.
Pros
Very Busy with all responsibulities and shorthanded EE's
Cons
Not enough EE's to complete the tasks assigned
Pretty good company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Good internal development and resources. Can gain responsibility very quickly. Very reactive culture missing some organization. Tendency to international favoritism.
Pros
Good benefits, development, and loyal
Cons
Lacking organization and international favoritism
Family Enviornment
Quality Control-Premium Pipe Thread Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this place company. They teach you how to value a safe work environment.
good place to work , good pay and benefits
Mechanical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIMarch 22, 2016
when l was laid off due to oil fall out l was a mechanical maintenance inspector. Preventative Maintenance and trouble shooter
Pros
good world wide company
Cons
most of management come from over seas