Tenet Health

Tenet Health Employer Reviews

Great place to gain experience and exceptional team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: healthcare
As a staff nurse at Hahnemann University Hospital I have the privilege to say that due to our patient population, the experience you can gain here as a nurse is exceptional. I provide complete care to a maximum of 4 patients which gives me the advantage to become better at drawing blood and putting intravenous lines, and most importantly to think critically. As a nurse in a unit that mostly practices interventional cardiology and medical/surgical I have the opportunity to see a variety of patients with different conditions, which gives me the advantage of becoming familiar with many disease processes and how to treat them. Even though the job can at times be stressful and tiring since I have to provide complete care to patients, team work is big part of my job and this makes it very enjoyable. On the other hand the job is very challenging because I see many patients that are drug seeking and it is very hard to maintain them happy and provide the best care since physicians at times are reluctant to give them what they want for their own good. I am undoubtedly happy to be part of this great team but I am looking forward into moving to New York and I am actively looking for nursing opportunities where I can bring the knowledge I have acquired within the past 10 months
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse First Assistant (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Really enjoy working here. The nursing and medical staff are great. Beautiful facility and location. Doctors very respectful.
Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center Dialysis
Staff RN (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2015
PBGMC dialysis is run by St. Mary's Medical Center. They hire you for 4 10-hr shifts, but like any hospital dialysis department (a.k.a acutes), there is no such thing as a "shift"; you get to go home when the last patient is done, which means, you could end up working anywhere between 10-20 hrs a day. No life balance there!

Watch out for Audrey & Joan! They're rude & nasty! They've yelled at our nurse manager; talk about no respect for authority. We've had good people that left because of them.

Because management is at St. Mary's, we don't get to see our director & our nurse manager often. So the lazy ones & the rude ones do whatever they want. Nobody keeps them in check.

Pay is good; time & a half for call back if you're on call. You have to take call on sundays; and if you're on-call on a sunday, and you have to come in, then really you're working 5 days that week, coz you're scheduled 4 regular days, plus that on call day on sunday.

PBGMC is a good hospital, just not the dialysis department. If you wanna go into dialysis, don't go there. Go somewhere else.
Great environment and able to great and meet wonderful people
VOLUNTEER RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: informative and great environment
Cons: employment oppotunity
> A typical day at work I would meet and great guest and locate patients
> I learned the importance smiling and having a great attitude at all time when dealing with different cultures.
> The management team was great and very informative
> My co-volunteers was great
> The hardest part of the day was leaving for the day
> The most enjoyable part of the job helping guest and patient with their request.
Great Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, floridaFebruary 3, 2015
Great company to work for. The company as a whole primary goal is great patient care. They exceed their expectations every time.
very busy diagnostic and interventional lab
cath lab tech 2 (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: new equipment to learn
Cons: long hours and little recongition
15-20 cases per day in a 4 lab cath suite. mainly 3 teams work of 3 people one being a recorder another being a scrub assistand the last being a R.N. my coworkers work really hard for very little recognition from either director or Dr.s
A great learning experience
Managed Care and Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Tenet Florida Physician Services. I worked under a great management team where I was able to learn and grow as a person. This experience will be able to guide me in all my future positions in healthcare administration.
Fun dept to work in
Surgical Technician (L & D) (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: little professional growth for non-proffessional to professional status
L&D staff friendly and helpful. Most difficult was heavy work load. Not enough support from management. Learned to respond to emergent situations.
good
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2015
I worked part time as a med surg nurse and enjoyed the experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great hours, excellent managers
Cons: advancement was difficult
The healthcare field is a great place to work with different ways to succeed. The managers are a big part of the success of this industry. Co workers used each other as resources to help the office maintain the excellence in care that was needed. The managers understood that in order for a business to be successful then the employees must be successful. The tools and abilities that were taught here are excellent in all areas of healthcare.
good place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: the people that i work with are great
Cons: insurance isnt great, no discount in caferteria
Good place to work.
Job security
Great staff in my department.
Fun, sometimes over whelming
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: assisting others
Cons: management and healthcare coverage
Print: census by insurance plan and medical group, face sheets; fax face sheets to insurance co. and to medical groups; request authorizations, follow up authorizations; check voice mail and return calls; cover various areas for lunch.

I learned that there is always room for improvemnet.

Management was not very oriented with training and not very compliant with ethical matters, when brought to there attention.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with a 200+ room hospital's authorizations, while trying to assist in coverage for lunches.

The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the people, whether they were a patient or co worker.
Need better training
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXJanuary 21, 2015
The clinic I worked in was just bought out by Tenet. Corporate need to better train and communicate their new clinics/employees. Set aside a training class in person rather than just online to help answer questions or problems within the clinic. Their computer systems always have some type of problem. You have to call the IT guy all the time which isn't there most to the time. Some of the co workers and physicians are nice. Others, just say watch your back, Seriously. Management, most of time not available because they're always "Always" away in a meeting. When they are there it seems as though they're running around with their head off. Yes, it is a very busy clinic and for some MAs and their providers they don't get a lunch when available.
many career opportunities
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Multiple duties to complete as a case manager
Learned multiple computer systems
Fast paced acute care setting
Salaried employee
loved working with patients, families and co workers
A caring place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day consist of making sure the patients needs come first. My co-workers are absolutely wonderful. When people need care holistically you want to make sure you give your all. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made an impact on someone's life.
Beautify place to work
Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
My early years of nursing and learning skills and job endurance. Working on a floor with high patient ratio and high acuity. As soon as I finished with working rounds report, I have to get patients ready for surgery and other procedures. It was very interesting and learning fast. It was a fast pace unity and every thing have to be acurate.
team work was awesome.
great experience
Psychiatric Social Worker, Clinical Therapist (Current Employee), Lauderhill, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: healthcare, salary
Love the staff and patients!! You can gain great expoerience at this job.
Hard work, but always a busy day
PCA/CNA (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day is like any other ICU, some days it is slow, and other the day flies by with the work load.
No Advancement
Maintenance Tech. II (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: no job security
No Job security no advancement
long hours do not have the right equipment
Always a learning experience
Clinical Supervisor / Medical Assistant (Current Employee), La Quinta CAJanuary 15, 2015
Although I've been working for the Tenet Healthcare system now 13 years, I have learned many new skills and would like to venture out and bring the skills I have learned with me as well as develop new skills in the essence to grow as an individual.

About Tenet Health

Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation. • 80 hospitals • – Read more

Tenet Health Salaries