Tenet Health

Tenet Health Employer Reviews

Great place to work if you have 5+ years of experience in the field
Laboratory Technologist - Part Time (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: lose your skills due to the amount of samples you receive per day.
Very easy job. Typical day consists of maybe 3 samples to test. The management is great. We all work as a team which is refreshing for me.
You will lose your MT skills if you arent a seasoned veteran. This job is not ideal for someone that is not a new tech fresh out of school
Very friendly co-workers
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZNovember 2, 2014
Pros: it was like a family atmostphere.
I enjoyed my job there. Met a lot of interesting people and though the work was challenging, it was still rewarding.
Low advancement opportunities.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2014
Low advancement opportunities and management interaction.
What can I say
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2014
Pros: give people an opportunity to start
Cons: not employee or patient focused
I've been in better environments than tenet. The midwest in particular boast of some of the most well organized, technology advanced systems. Tenet in my experience is primarily profit driven. They got rid of nursing assistants in my hospital. That speaks volumes. They do not incorporate the voices and needs of people who actually perform the work.
not recommended
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Hard work was not appreciated by pharmacists and speed was valued over accuracy.
Beware!
Telecommunications Director (Former Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 27, 2014
Very challenging to work in this IT department, the director and infrastructure manager are incompetent and uncaring
professional and friendly
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 26, 2014
Co worker are great company, needs alot of improvement. management not very professional. doctors are great and friendly, willing to teach.
WORKED 16 HOURS ON WEEKENDS
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), 10655 STEEPLETOP DR. HOUSTON, TX.October 25, 2014
WORKED A BUSY ICU, COVERING BOTH ICUS'. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WAS WORKING 32 HOURS IN TWO DAYS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS , I HAD THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF.
Tenet- Conifer Health Care Solutions
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: love the contests
I found it to be an great company to work for the 10 years I was there employed with them. I truly in joyed Holidays times there.
St Chris Hospital
Diet Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: not enough hours
St Chris was a very interesting job for me to say the least. Very laid back but, busy at the same time. I enjoyed working as a standing supervisor at St Chrisopher's Hospital for children. I learned a lot about different diets. Also I learned most importantly, how to supervise an outgoing team.
mixed feelings
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 20, 2014
Co workers are wonderful, administration is failing. Seems smallest things are harped upon, while major issues continue to get worse. Patient and employee safety are sacrificed to "save the budget." Would not recommend to others for healthcare or employment.
Operation Manager of Perioperative Surgical Services
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working with those that care about their profession.
Cons: the constent problem solving on a daily basis.
Optimize the running of the surgical schedule board.
The ability to learn new regulation to meet the National Patient Care Quality Assurance Standards.
Progressive Management has been one way to establish a working relation in a union environment.
The co-working in health care has been the most compassionate envionment to work in.
The hardest part of – more... the job has been having limited resources.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients. – less
Good People-Low Morale
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2014
Management was poor and I was not prepared take over my tasks for my shift.
a lot of changes through time some good some not so much management on my floor is amazing other departments struggle
staff nurse and relief charge nurse (Current Employee), houstonOctober 18, 2014
love my manger and most of my teammates are terrific there are plenty of opportunities there but not without cost to home life or time invest
Exciting place to work with very diverse staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
I was able to utilize the knowledge that I obtained in my graduate studies. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with others from various backgrounds.
Good Teachers, best people to work
Ultrasound Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 15, 2014
As a student, I got to work at 6:30 am and I left at night.
I learn a lot about the the dynamic of the work at the hospital. The interaction between co-workers and patients was a positive experience.
The computer system is user friendly.
The hardest part of the job was to perform invasive studies, but the patients consent after the appropriate information – more... was provided and I know that every study is important. – less
work
Cerner Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee), travelOctober 15, 2014
working with IT and Physicians to implement and adopt EHR. Great team and managers.
would like to work for Tenet again
Nice place to work
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed working here, the staff was nice and the benefits were goo. The commute was just too far.
Professional
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: we were like a family
Cons: they moved to fl
This job was also working in a call center handling very high volume calls helping patients with their billing questions etc.. The co-workes and management team were very nice and helpful. We were like a big family. The hospital side is very fun to learn and interesting. I've learn a lot about inpatient stays per diem rates. Billing and so much more.
it is a good place to work, but
PBX Operator (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: people are friendly, helpful and willing to go beyond their comfort zone
Cons: pbx has issues when it comes to breaks and lunches, especially when it comes to needing to use the bathroom.
there seems to be a power struggle between the department director and the department supervisor. This causes a fair amount of tension in the department. PBX is a small part of Admissions, and everyone usually gets along, however when tensions rise there is that division which benefits no one.
90% of the time everything runs smoothly.

About Tenet Health

Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation. • 80 hospitals • – Read more