Tenet Health

Tenet Health Employer Reviews

Somewhat productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: they gave 45 minute breaks and they have no health benefits.
Its an ok job to work for, depending on who u working with as far as management on those particular days.
Productive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: city experience
Cons: insufficient parking onsite
I am currently pleased working for Tenet Health.
I have gained much experience working with the medical and radiologic staff.
My experience here has provided me with the skills to compete for radiology positions outside of Tenet.
They need to be more professional
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Birmingham AlOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: supervisors need more education
The supervisors needs more training, and stop treating grown adults like children.
Rover training
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
assist with flights come in with critical care patients and relay information to the general public
productive and fulfilling career for myself and others
Registered Nurse-PACU (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 6, 2014
Pros: working with good people, input valuable, income good
Cons: short breaks or no breaks or short meals or no meals, understaffed
I worked 12 shifts/36 hours per week and lots of overtime. I enjoyed my work a lot mainly because of the ability to communicate with my patients and their families and teach them everything they needed to know and more. PACU is taking care of patients before they go to surgery and/or after they return from surgery. After surgery they are either discharged – more... from us to a patients room or home(if surgery was minor) and the patient was stable. I learned much over the 40+years I was a trauma nurse(ER, CCU/ICU, Thoracic ICU, PACU). In medicine things are changing daily and you have to stay ahead of the game, so to speak. To be a trauma nurse you need to have a great knowledge base and you have to have the ability to work fast,
think fast, and make quick decisions without second guessing yourself; and be able to do it over and over again every day you work. I loved my work-I was excited when I went and very tired when I left but it was all good. I don't think I ever felt bad or unfulfilled. Sad, at times when we lost a patient, but even then to be with the patient and family in such a situation and to be able to help was rewarding. And through everything it was always a team effort.

But it is time for a change. I have since retired from nursing and that is all good. And now I am looking for something different. Something I can do 2-3 times a week, enjoy, and do the job well no matter what it is. The only requirement I have is that it is a job dealing with people, something I know much about and enjoy. I also realize that the pay will be lower than I am use to, but that's ok because I will be doing what I want to do, helping people with whatever they need help with. – less
Productive environment
Staff RN, RNFA CTS OR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2014
Able to function as team member
Room for growth
Room for education
Exceptional Hospital
Operating Room Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2014
Now looking for permanent position but have enjoyed this interim assignment
A work place thats team oriented & opporrtunity too learn more
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: getting to make someone feel better
Cons: having to watch the family cry as they have lost a love one.
A typical day at work is busy. Working in a hospital is very demanding. Your constantly on the go, tending to this patient that patient. I've learned patients, time management and most of all teamwork makes for a great day.

I have a great supervisor, she is hands on when needed and she communicates with her staff. At any given time there could be up – more... to 36 patients with 7 to 8 staff members. We have or days but for the most part we try to work together to make them 12 hours go by smoothly.

The only thing I dislike about my job is seeing a patient die. Watching their love ones in pain. Then there's the days when a patient says "I jut want to take you home with me" that's the joy of my job working as a team and making the patients smile (feel better). – less
Very fast paced and controlled
Registered Critical Nurse Trauma/ICU (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: patient loss
Any day in a Trauma unit can and will be busy. Every person works everything and there is no negativity. The goal is to save a patient and get them back to life and their family.
jobs
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), west palm beach, florida and Orlando FloridaOctober 1, 2014
Would like to work in this field while going back school
Like going patients and making them feel like we care about there needs
At the same time like to make sure we both are safe
A good job for starting you career in healthcare
Clinical Dietitian & Bariatric Cordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free breakfast & lunch if you work for dietary department
A good stepping stone to get into the world of clinical nutrition. I have wonderful co-workers and great support from the admin team to expand our dietary department to include outpatient nutrition counseling.
Good place to wor
OR Charge Nurse/Manager, (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CASeptember 30, 2014
worked well with all staff and physicians, busy surgical service department
So disappointing for such a large and growing company
Medpost Urgent Care (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: decent health benefits
Cons: incompetent management
My job was fabulous for the first two weeks when a regional manager stepped in to micromanage every one of the urgent care centers. The regional manager made comments about my staff not respecting me as a leader, but how can they be expected to do any different when a manager at the regional level constantly undermines every decision I make as the site – more... manager. There was a TOTAL absence of onboarding procedures upon my arrival, no MSDS period (no binder no nothing), no accessible policy and procedures as were appropriate to an outpatient environment, no skills check off for staff, untrained staff administering medications without proper verification of education/demonstration. Staff with expired credentials continuing to work scheduled shifts. Lack of termination of access to patient private information after no longer being employed. Total lack of foresight by the micromanaging regional manager(she was not able to do so as she was focused on proving managers incompetent to subordinate staff.) Requested regional manager have hours of operation and phone number printed professionally on door for information of those who might come by and clinic was not open. Asked for mirrors or cameras to see blind spots in waiting areas to prevent an unobserved deterioration in a patient's condition. Both suggestions were met by an eye roll of the regional manager. Good luck to all Medpost locations! It is going to be an uphill climb. – less
Good Place To Work
Internship Clinical (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2014
The management and all employees were great and easy to work with.
Centralize Scheduler (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaSeptember 26, 2014
I have been with the company for 9 years in October. Great place to work and room for growth.
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: we had nice get togethers, felt appreciated. great christmas parties.
Cons: sometimes lunches were cut short because of the demanding nature of the department.
A typical work day in the Managed Care Department, depending on the load as to what contracts have to be followed up, who needs to be contacted, what the team requires. There was a lot of "drop what you're doing, we need you to... ." Telephones have to be answered and whatever issues come up that need to be handled and/or routed to the proper individual. – more... Extremely fast paced and demanding. One learns to organize, organize and re-organize. It was never boring.

Also, did the credentialing for 12 Tenet hospitals - consisting of dealing with providers on a daily basis. Meeting the requirements needed in order to keep the hospital in compliance. Created a lot of liaisons, with the providers and our facility workers. We all had to meet deadlines and it was indeed a collective effort.

There was also, filing, email management, data input on spreadsheets on new information used in order to keep it up to date.

My co-workers were contract negotiators which are a pretty demanding bunch, but a lot of fun, they are under a lot of pressure. As well as the Medical Economics department. In total 9. The hardest part of the job was in obtaining required signatures.
It took a lot of coordinating to get it done.

The most enjoyable was the people I dealt with on a daily basis, either providers, facility workers, and everyone else in the company. All this I miss. This department was reassigned in many ways and consequently my job was moved out. – less
Productive and wonderful work atmosphere, team players!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Wonderful co-workers who worked together to get tasks completed.
Very safe and loving daycare.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working there everyday, had great students, parents and the staff was teaming players help each out.
Excellent place to work
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discount in cafeteria
I am very greatful to have worked there. Excellent company with opportunity to advance. Pays some percentage of tuition in planning to advance career.
A day at tenet ultrasound
Lead Ultrasound (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: its great for learning on the job
Cons: low pay and lack of care for patients in reguards to equipment
Over ten years of diagnostic medial imaging in high risk, critical care, operative, post-operative and emergent settings.
Lead Clinical Education Coordinator for Miami-Dade College, and Keiser University Ultrasound Interns; Leading to full completion of diagnostic imaging program and a guaranteed entry level position.
Cross-trained OB/GYN Medical staff – more... on proper diagnostic imaging protocols and basic emergent scanning
Accomplished American College of Radiology (ACR) Accreditation for both Ultrasound and Vascular Labs
Five years of past Sales experience in the Retail and Banking Industries
Articulate bilingual communicator delivering effective training presentations.
Recognized for ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with other departments in Radiology and Hospital wide offering the best possible customer service with patient health and safety first. – less

About Tenet Health

Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation. • 80 hospitals • – Read more