Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good Facility and excellent Doctors
Back Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2017
This place has the best doctors! Busy environment and an opportunity for advancement. You will have an opportunity to make a differance in the life of others.
Pros
I learned a lot.
Cons
The drive sometimes was difficult
Good teaching hospital
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
It was nice working here, the learning environment was great for someone like me who was a new grad. Leadership was also very good and supportive and I enjoyed it
December 12, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Tenet's success.

Altruistic environment
Coordinator- North Fulton Regional Hospital (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 9, 2017
Hiring and staffing hospital wide volunteer service program and maintaining front desk paid receptionist for hospital.

Answer and listen to all praise and problems among volunteer staff and paid front desk asignee.
December 10, 2017

Medical Oncology Nurse in a hospital setting
Apprentice Nurse II & Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 8, 2017
This was standard floor nursing job... Administered medications checking for interactions, dosages and side effects. Implemented the nursing process starting with assessments. Delegated tasks to CNA's. Responsible for starting IV therapy and monitoring it. Coordinating transfer of patients to their appointments. Collaborate with multidisciplinary care teams including physicians of the patients. Educate patients and family. The hardest part of the job was nurse to patient ratio became overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patients become well and be able to go home with their families.
December 10, 2017

Thank you for your review! At Tenet, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

No room for advancement
Patient Access Rep. II/Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Point, GADecember 4, 2017
Working for Tenet Healthcare proved to be challenging with my job duties as well with leadership. I made several attempts to apply for various positions to advance my career with this company and I was turned down each time. I was not provided with ways to improve work performance or guidance on what would make me an ideal candidate. The most enjoyable of this job was my ability to assist in the development of better ways to my job function.
Pros
Job location and ease of job duties
Cons
High employee turn-over rate
December 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Tenet Healthcare
Gardien Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 2, 2017
Once Tenet came in, the benefits went down, less holiday, sick and vacation. The health insurance was not good and that was the reason I left. I did Physician Education in Medical coding, and I really enjoy my work but the raises fell below what I had to pay on the new insurance benefits as there was a larger deductible, and out of pocket payments, so the raises never kept up with what we now had to pay of our health care
December 4, 2017

Good people to work with
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2017
As this is clearly location dependent, I have been working in an urban environment with high population. Many ED visits were mostly urgent care complaints, but the environment was good to work in and my colleagues are all excellent practitioners and people.
December 4, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Tenet, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Good job with a great experience
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2017
I worked on Registration for customer service with patients, families and the ER staff.
I got experience on the job and I also learned to work at a medical environment.
My manager,Sub manager and Supervisor were respectful and very helpful. I had excellent feedback from my employers whenever I needed..
I worked in a very busy ER Department,responsible for 15 patients
The hardest part of the job was definitely in the beginning when I learned to deal with the job and patients who needed respect and compassion.
I enjoyed the fast paste environment, to help patients and the variety of responsibilities.
Pros
experience from the job
December 1, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Tenet Healthcare, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Challenging and fun place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
Challenging and fun place to work. Leadership provides great work environment to be successful. Tenet provides ample areas to expand your career with over 70 hospitals.
November 29, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Tenet's success.

A friendly and welcoming community
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
The team members at WellStar Atlanta Medical Center are supportive, helpful, and compassionate both to new staff members and to the patients they serve at the hospital.
Great place tp work
ICU Unit Secretary/Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
The atmosphere was always professional. I was always able to count on team work from other employees. Management was easy to talk with when problems arrived.
Corporate world
Physican Referral Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 20, 2017
Learning the different programs offered around the local hospitals and facilities was fascinating although I needed more of an advancement and this was not the place for me. I was there for some time and did well with the type of work, but I needed more of a challenge.
why I had to leave
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 17, 2017
We no longer had the same vision. my number one priority will always be my patient and satisfying them. At the point that it became clear to me that Patients needs were not always top priority to everyone else i needed to leave.
Pros
easy schedule
Cons
see above
Stressful, overwhelmed, and unappreciated
Case Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2017
I have been working at this organization for approximately 15 years. During my time with this organization it has changed from staff input to no staff input on the day to day work assignments and how the duties will be delivered. This could feel like this due to this organization is going through a transition from one organization to another
Pros
Enjoyed my co-workes
Cons
Short staff and staff not feeling valued
November 18, 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback. If you would like to provide additional information, please email socialmedia@tenethealth.com with the location you were affiliated with so we can look into the situation further.

Great benefits, ok management
Data Entry Analyst & PSR (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 16, 2017
This company has great benefits and it helps to know someone who knows someone to get your foot in the door. Now that some of the higher ups have been replaced, this companys' management is better than it was before. they pay very fair for whatever position you will have. they DO NOT provide paid holidays or sick days, you will you your PTO for holidays, sick days and vacation. that is the only downfall. Also in the case there is an emergency (ie hurricane, road closing, etc) you will still have to use your PTO if you cannot make it to work or if you want a day off. I have learned so much and can use those skills and knowledge for future employment. The people are great and everyone works together as a team no matter if it is your assigned job or not.
Pros
great benefits, great pay
Cons
your own PTO is used for holidays, sick days and vacations
it was my first job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 13, 2017
It was hard working for the first time but I developed my strength as a nurse working hard in this hospital. the culture was ok but the pay was not enough.
Pros
was close to where i reside then
Cons
it was my first job and first exposure so it was hard
A great place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2017
As far you do your job, the company is great to place to work. You can manage your work schedule, most of the worker are respectful and friendly. As far as you respect your job the management are willing to work with you
Working in hospital
Phlebotomist/Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 7, 2017
I would arrive for my shift at least 15 min early. to get my job assagnments help others if needed to., I would be designated a Floor to work on for the afternoon shift. I would monitor my timed and stat draws. In between time I would help in outpatient and answer incoming phone calls and direct them to the correct departments. I would stock supplies and fax lab results.
Pros
interacting with the Patients
A Catholic Hospital with 400 beds
Per Diem Staff RN (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
A fairly stressful place to work, with advancement opportunities. Management has been getting better lately, but Stepdown requires you to have four patients at most times. But my co-workers are good. I cannot speak for other floors.
Pros
Good co-workers, pays better than other hospitals in the region
Cons
Very busy, can be anxiety-inducing
Terrible place to work
Registered nurse (ICU/ER float) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
Manager was incompetent and always untruthful. Staff left in a mass exodus due to unsafe and unfair work conditions. Nurses often had 3 patients in the ICU.
Pros
Great team of nurses
Cons
Terrible management. Unsafe work conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.