Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search
Horrible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 24, 2016
Not only were the bosses ride they lacked any communication anytime you mess up. Especially I. The housekeeping at Hi Desert Medical Center in Joshua tree,ca. The E.V.S people were not very good at communicating or keeping things professional some of the C.N.A are the same way When I get my R.N this is not a hospital I would want to work at let alone go when I am sick.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Horrible managment and communication
Health incentives and happy co-workers and mamagement
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  6245 N. Federal Highway, Ft Laud, FL 33308July 7, 2016
Stress Free and great work environment! with management mentality of "Do not work hard, Work smart". Incentives are given for being outstanding in collection efforts. Happy environment and fun place to work.

Glad to be a part of Tenet Healthcare work family.
Pros
Free lunches especially after completed projects.
Cons
Separate PTO time for general holidays.
Great company to work for
Member/Provider Appeal Mail Processsor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2016
Nice company to work for plenty growth in different department.
Moderate paste can get busy at time. Employee are very helpful
when you need help. Hardest part of the job you have to be quick learning working different system, but again youhave co worker who are willing to help.
Pros
celebrate birthday, vendors
A growing company with a great CEO and many other excellent leaders
Managed Care (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 6, 2016
Tenet is really growing and doing well and employs a lot of really good leaders. Having said that, there are a couple of departments that need some help. No work-life balance. We were expected to respond to calls and check emails continuously on weekends and during vacation. Never really any downtime.

Passive aggressive behavior , leader will not address poor performers directly. Significant turnover with a loss of very valuable talent.No interest in developing a team or working w/ individuals strengths.
Pros
Tenet is a good company.
Cons
Leadership in the department is weak
Needs Overhaul at Corporate
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2016
Managers and leaders are exceptionally overpaid. They have no real interest in helping improve the company or building a positive culture. They play favorites. Time for a change at the top. The CEO did a good job turning the company around, but that time has long passed -- and it's time for new leadership at the top. Corporate HR is a mess, although there are some good people in the ranks. There is a new chief HR officer who we all hope will fix HR ands make it and make it smaller and efficient. The person in "charge" of culture has no clue what it means and needs to be moved into a different role, away from HR, or into a hospital. Horrible open work environment makes it difficult to get real work done, or have any privacy. It is undignified and colorless. Literally colorless.
Pros
Salaries are good, benefits are fairly good, time off good
Cons
Management stinks, open work environment is a travesty
High level of trauma
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes performing CT scans on all level of population, including trauma level 1, out patients, in patients. I learned several advanced CT scan methods, including angiography, multi-phase studies, cardiac CT, advance procedures. The management is focused on the good of the hospital. The hardest part of this job is the level of trauma. The most enjoyable part of this job is patient satisfaction.
Cons
I enjoyed being able to create my own job description and learning many new things.
Department Secretary/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 18, 2016
In addition to handling phones and walk-ins to the education department, I created a new system for tracking the required educational credits of all employees of the hospital and notified their supervisors when a requirement was coming due. I liked learning new skills related to the hospital setting and setting up and maintaining the department's web page on the hospital's intranet.
Pros
great people and learning new skills
Cons
too much work in too little time
I love My Job
Administrative Secretary/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
My typical day would be to ask questions from my manager and co-workers to help assist them and to start my work as well. I have learned in order to work together with my co-workers or with my customers, I must be a team player and a leader. I always love a challenge, nothing was as hard as I might have thought it was because I was willing to be better and make my job better.
Pros
My Pros are that I was always invited to be a part of a committee group.
Cons
I had no cons, I love my place of work and would go far and above the call of duty.
Tenet
International Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2016
Solid compensation and benefits, and decent room for initial advancement. Almost every hire at the director level comes internally which is a positive once you're in the door.

Culture is a slight negative, there is little team building which leads to little team chemistry.

It's a very political atmosphere and a lot of time and energy is wasting on politics, which is a major reason I left.

Management is knowledgeable and smart. They are fair in their actions.

Work environment can be uninspiring depending on the office to which you are assigned.

Great co-workers, very committed to their vocation.

In all it's a great place to work if you plan to pursue healthcare as a career, but as any major corporate job it has it's negatives.
great place to work
Medicare Collector/Biller, (CBOIII) (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 26, 2016
enjoyable co-workers, very friendly place, I did learn a great deal there, and management was very helpful and listened to the employees on how to better ourselves as a company.
Pros
yearly trip to Disneyland that was a blast
Cons
short breaks, no cafeteria or anyplace within walking distance to eat
Better Management needed
Telecommunication Attendant Lead (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJuly 26, 2016
Hardest part of the job was getting your co-workers to follow your lead. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Management wants you to succeed but they want you to do it on your own, very hard to get the backing and supported needed to succeed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Difficult staff
Beautiful place to work but the people are terrible
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2016
Everyone comes to work with a bad attitude and they treat the new people like trash. There's literally people laying in their death beds and the employees have the nerve to have an attitude. There's a lot of favoritism and nepotism going around in the work place.
Pros
free lunches, patients
Cons
employees, atmosphere
Fast pace environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 4, 2016
I enjoy my job as a Patient Representative, for the reason of helping people when they are ill. The shift that I am currently on 11pm-7am is interesting because after the patient has been ill for the whole day and finally come to the Emergency Room they expect to be treated accurately and fast since their symptoms has brought them there in the first place.
Pros
Helping someone
Cons
Patient getting agitated
So much room for growth
PATIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 30, 2016
I worked for NSMC under the supervision of an amazing women! She was so determined and smart she helped to teach me drive and work ethic and ambition. She taught me things that I still to this day try to exhibit. Under her supervision I was able to be trained in every sub specialty in the radiology department which helped me grow in my career. She believed in growth and helping her staff become what they truly were meant to be.
Brookwood medical center is a terrible place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALMarch 22, 2016
Brookwood used to be a good place to work for a RN but now it is so short staffed that management puts up with lazy nurses, mean nurses and call ins. We have too many new grads and not enough experienced nurses which I feel is unsafe. It seems now that they are willing to hire any warm body with a nursing license. The only part of my job I enjoy is seeing my patients improve. Our annual raises are pathetic as are our benefits. Our shift differential here is lower than other hospitals and we are not given any holidays or sick days. If you want off you have to use paid time off.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Benefits, salary, management
Management compassion out of the window at SLUH
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2016
This company has just merged with SSM Health. I hope SSM can conform some of the management staff to realize what makes a place unique is its melting pot. Different cultures, points of view and what can be brought to the table. Rather than expected negative stereotypical behaviors.
Pros
Large Hospital
Cons
More staff training & organized breaks. Responsive non retaliatory staff.
It is a productive place and nice to work as it is a teaching hospital.
Geriatric floor nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
Always on your feet from the beginning to the end of the day as we deal with geriatric patients with several comorbidities.

It taught me on how to deal with patients with severe multiple uncontrolled diseases, that require constant and critical monitoring. It was challenging as a new graduate, but a challenge I appreciated for shaping my nursing career.
Although the upper management were not close enough, my floor manager was a great manager who was always there for the staff whenever needed.

Co-workers were terrific and always helpful
The hardest part of the job on this floor is high rate of mortality due to several comorbidities related also to the age of the patients.

The most enjoyable part is to see how grateful these patients are for any little help one can render to them.
Pros
enjoyable co-workers, great floor manager and safety
Cons
Poor compensation in every meaning of the word.
Open heart surgical nursing was a great experience
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLMay 18, 2016
Working as an open heart nurse was a great experience, however the hospital has since closed. It was a level II trauma center and gave great exposure to me as a fairly new nurse in a critical care setting. I wish they were still open for business, it was a busy heart center.
Laboratory Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Templeton, MAMarch 20, 2016
Tenet is a nice place to work, the lab manager is fantastic. Benefits are great. Since the union has been involved, some employees for some reason are allowed to constantly be late - effecting the entire team, slack off, while the rest of the team is left to do more work, with no consequence. I do not know what one would have to do to actually get fired while working there.
benefits
Cons
shift times
very flexible director and work environment. Great support from fellow therapists
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 17, 2016
Great working relationships with other therapists across PT, OT and speech. Worked really well with nursing and MD staff for overall patient care.
Pros
great director and coworkers