Tenet Healthcare

Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not the worst place to be
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2015
This is the type of company where it really matters what department you work for.

Each office has it's own culture.

The Home Office has the worst culture of all. My position was relocated to the home office so I decided to find work else where.
Pros
pretty relaxed environment
Cons
horrible benefits
great work place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 31, 2015
people are nice and very professional. they treat their interning students with care and taught them what they needed to know
Stairs to success
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
Great environment!! This place is outstanding. Friendly staff and intimate setting. Every department functions within their scope of practice. Thumbs up!
Pros
Education Perks
Great place to learn the ropes
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2015
A typical day would start with getting report on my patients and then rounding on them with the previous nurse. From there I would get their vital signs, check their daily medications and start handing them out. This is where I learned how to be a nurse, I learned IV skills, how to deal with oncology patients, caring skills and just the duties of everyday nursing. My coworkers were fantastic, I couldn't have done it without them. The hardest part of the job was working without nursing assistants and the heavy patient load and on the other hand the best part of the job was also interacting with my patients.
Fun workplace
Water Birth Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
I love the people that work there. The management is the best. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to see babies born everyday. I get to see new faces everyday.
Tranistioning out of direct patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 24, 2015
I am a RN with over 19 years experience. I am transitioning out of direct patient care. I am interested in health care management, recruiting and clinical reasearch. I am open to all oportunities.
Telemetry Unit, RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2015
Just an all around good place to work. Compensation is competitive and benefits are good.They also have a good wound care center.
Unit Secretary / Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this facility. It is a great place to work. It was family orientated, the support my decision for advancement.
Nice Place to work
Clinical Laboratory IMMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2015
I have worked here twice. Overall nice place to work. I would say that the hospital can be described as a comfortable place to work. Benefits are not that great. PTO not that great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Benefits, No sick days, small accrual for PTO
Health care, patient satisfaction
Unit Secretary / Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 20, 2015
As a Patient Care Tech I arrived at work I would get report from my coworker and begin taking care of my assigned patients As a Unit Secretary I learned how to place orders in the system. My coworkers were very helpful to me and I enjoyed helping them as well. The hardest part of my job was giving patient baths when they couldn't help but nevertheless that made me want to help them more. When I was the Unit Secretary I enjoyed helping the nurses because they were always so busy. I was happy I could be there for them. The most important and enjoyable part of my job was working with and talking with the patients and families.
Pros
Talking with the patients and families
Cons
bathing patients and turning them
Awesome workplace. Heavy work loads that taught you a number of procedures that enhanced your experience.
Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLAugust 20, 2015
This medical center I really enjoyed working for. I was able to really utilize my training in the Respiratory Therapy field. I averaged about 22 hours per pay period and that was awesome for me at that time.
Pros
Hospital is awesome. Staff and the facility is very professional and clean.
Cons
PER-DIEM staff position. Needed benefits
Good job, bi weekly pay, cool people
Patient Data Systems (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2015
Great employees, big company. A lot of changes taking place some for the better, some are not. I love the patients, especially when they conversate with you. And for the elder ones that don have family or friends. You can see them glowing inside because they dont get to talk to people often. Just the little things that matter that much. Its a good work place. And if you need medical attention your in one of the top hospitals with great team of physicians on board.
Pros
Great pay, friendly staff, good work place, Union
Cons
Revolving management
Caring and Compassionate Cooperation
MHA (Current Employee) –  Homewood AlabamaAugust 19, 2015
i enjoy going in to work knowing I am going to make someones day a little brighter. I enjoy my unit and my coworkers are great. We strive to make a difference. The management is understanding and they walk through to make sure we don't need anything and always ready to lend a helping hand. I guess the hardest part of the job is the parking lot!! Seem like miles away. But can't complain to much because employee parking is free!
Pros
Discount lunch, Free employee parking
Cons
Need longer breaks.
A good place to work
MEDICAL COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2015
I worked in a in/outbound call center taking calls from patients. I enjoyed helping patients resolve escalated matters. My coworker and I had minimum communication during work due to the high call volume. Management was always available when we were unable to resolve a issue. The hardest part of this job was not being able to leave my desk for a drink of water or to take a quick bathroom break. Overall it was a good place to work and I learned how to communicate with a variety of people with different personalities and from different backgrounds.
Pros
Busy Enviroment
Cons
limited time for breaks
Great staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  miami,flAugust 19, 2015
I loved working for this company because the minute you become part of their organization you become like family and you are welcomed in with true appreciation. As an employee is up to you how much you are willing to grow and expand your career. Great place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very good teamwork on night shift.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, Pa.August 17, 2015
I used to work the 7p-7a shift three days per week. I learned that my time for working in hospitals and hands on patient care had expired. Management at HUH was horrible. My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was staying up at night and dealing with management in the morning. The most enjoyable part of my job was the night shift differential.
Pros
Good team to work with.
Cons
Poor management and lack of support to employees.
Good place to work need full time
Unit secretary, assist staff and Visitors (Current Employee) –  Hialeah HospitalAugust 17, 2015
I enjoy working at tenent it is a satisfying place to work I enjoy helping staff and patients but need a full time position with benefits.
Ok place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 13, 2015
Wasn't a very friendly atmosphere. The work was consistent and I was able to stay busy which I prefer, however not very organized.
Wonderful place to work for benefits and salary insufficient
Senior Medical Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 10, 2015
Typical day- work all day but does not recommend staying pass 40 hour week
Have learned that working in an environment where employee moral is important is satisfying
Management will do what is necessary to provide a safe and comfortable environment for diversified employees
Co- workers work hard and are very enthusiastic concerning work ethics
Hardest part of job was leaving for job security
Working with employees who care and concern are their patients
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Insufficent pay and benefits
positive environment
X-Ray Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2015
Technologists work as a team, positive energy in the xray dept. Radiologists are nice as well. good place to work. equipment can malfunction at times.