Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search
This company is struggling in a niche that no longer works.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZApril 8, 2015
The advent of new healthcare policies and procedures has made it difficult for companies who rely heavily on government reimbursements to find a path to profit. Certain pieces (hospitals) in the Tenet infrastructure are not yet acclimated to the new face of healthcare. These are not good places to be. Be prepared for long hours, no regard for personal life, no pay raises, dwindling benefits, and employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
Hard to find.
Cons
Short work days, use of PTO to make up a 40 hour work week, employees disgruntled.
Wondeful place to work
Receptionist, Radiology Dept (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 2, 2015
This company was good to give raises and that is nice when your hard work pays off. I worked with many wonderul people who loved their jobs.
Excellent cafeteria with wide variety of nutritious food.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Popano Beach FloridaJanuary 8, 2016
I worked either 8, 12 or 16 hour shifts. My primary assignment was a medical surgical unit. I was frequently requested to temporarily transfer to pediatric, medical/surgical, cardiac intensive care units and cardiac open heart intensive care units. I learned to become very diversified and adapt in not only different health issues but also different staff and managers policies and procedure. The hardest part of my job was learning the different policies of the units. The most enjoyable part was successfully being able to adapt to the different units.
Pros
Realizing I am adaptable
Cons
Not being totally proficient in one specific area
Was ok place to work
Director of 50 bed MedSurg/Surgical unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2016
Staff/Management not very open to change, was overall a decent place to work, could be a great place if there were some upper management changes
I enjoyed being able to create my own job description and learning many new things.
Department Secretary/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 18, 2016
In addition to handling phones and walk-ins to the education department, I created a new system for tracking the required educational credits of all employees of the hospital and notified their supervisors when a requirement was coming due. I liked learning new skills related to the hospital setting and setting up and maintaining the department's web page on the hospital's intranet.
Pros
great people and learning new skills
Cons
too much work in too little time
Flexible hours and friendly co-workers
Assistant to Financial Analyist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2015
I had no previous experience with the Hyperion software coming into the job as a consultant, and I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of the program. All of my co-workers were very friendly, and we would often take lunch breaks together.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
as a consultant, I had little job security, and the company stopped hiring consultants
I love My Job
Administrative Secretary/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
My typical day would be to ask questions from my manager and co-workers to help assist them and to start my work as well. I have learned in order to work together with my co-workers or with my customers, I must be a team player and a leader. I always love a challenge, nothing was as hard as I might have thought it was because I was willing to be better and make my job better.
Pros
My Pros are that I was always invited to be a part of a committee group.
Cons
I had no cons, I love my place of work and would go far and above the call of duty.
understaffed and underpaid
RN Mother/Baby (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 17, 2015
They give pitiful raises and are always understaffed. We never have the equipment we need and are not appreciated at all. Free parking but long walk especially in the rain!
very productive place to be
accounts payable specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2016
every morning I would come in and I would print out the reports. I then would start by putting every thing in date order of when it needed to be paid. I then would scan them into the system and then file the paper work. On Tuesday's and Thursday's I would do a check run. I would make sure all the bills were paid. I did enjoy my co works not all but most of them. We all worked together and worked as a team. the hardest part of the Job was dealing with the hospitals and not getting there bills paid due to no one would approve them. Patience is a virtue.
Pros
there were 3 of us on a team
Cons
long long long hrs some nights
The people that you work with makes the day go by faster especially when you are having fun and love what you do.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2015
A typical day at my job is crazy. You can never be more prepared for your day because something else always comes up that make you say " WOW! That really did happen." Although it has its bad days I have learned alot their. I`ve learned to be more or a team player more just being alone and during it myself,and to trust more. But most of all my co-workers were the best. we would laugh all night long about how long the night is going to be.The hardest part about my job is seeing people die. Thats something that I will never get over. I start to think about that persons life and what they could have had if this did not happen to them, and their families are so heart broken when you tell them the news about their love ones passing. Every job has its up`s and down`s but the most enjoyable part about my job is when someone tells me I`ve changed their lives, or just thanks for stopping to talk to them and learn to their stories. That puts a smile on my face because there is nothing more heart warming than someone telling you you changed their life.
A sense of a family unit!!
TELECOMMUNICATION PBX SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2015
Most days were very busy, there is only one operator per shift. I learned how the communication core of a hospital works. This is considering in coming calls, out going calls. 411 and 911 for the entire hospital! My co workers made you feel at ease and were very helpful. The most rewarding part of his position, was watching how with time, the employees respected me and found themselves comfortable coming to me to help them out. Also having them tell me, I was a fair and understanding supervisor!
Pros
Schedule: my schedule was from 7am to 3pm.
This hospital is a disaster to work for. Management is horrible, employees moral at its lowest beware
Traveling phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 19, 2015
Experience horrible. Over worked, no help provided. PAtient care suffered. Management needs to be revamped. Employees unsAtisfied with result.
Pros
Beautiful area to live or visit
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Excellent/Dissapointing
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2015
The individual units are a close knit group of nurses. The overall organization does not value the largest discipline in the hospital.
Pros
Excellent, well trained nurses
Cons
Low wages, poor benefits
A good place to work
MEDICAL COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2015
I worked in a in/outbound call center taking calls from patients. I enjoyed helping patients resolve escalated matters. My coworker and I had minimum communication during work due to the high call volume. Management was always available when we were unable to resolve a issue. The hardest part of this job was not being able to leave my desk for a drink of water or to take a quick bathroom break. Overall it was a good place to work and I learned how to communicate with a variety of people with different personalities and from different backgrounds.
Pros
Busy Enviroment
Cons
limited time for breaks
Daily workplace activity
Admissions Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
I come in set up my work area, because we share our workstations with other co-workers that work different shifts. As soon as I clock in if there is a patient to register, I will register the patient with there parent and send them on their way to their out patient visit or short procedure visit. What I learn about in my position is that the healthcare insurances change on a daily bases, and also how to educate parents and patients on their insurance, financial counseling,collecting co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance from patients that carry commercial medical insurances. My co-workers are one of the main reasons why I come to work, we work well together, as a team, and look after each other as a work family. Our management team sends out daily emails. I enjoy what I do, there is no hard part about the job in what I do on the daily bases. I been a Patient Access rep at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children for three years, I can do this job with my eyes closed, the only thing now is that I just need a bit more of a challenge in my work place. What I enjoy the most is coming to work to learn, teach or educate parents, patients, and fellow co-workers, also doing the best I can do to help my company reach their daily goals as well.
Pros
Im able to help people on educating them about their health insurance
Cons
There's no room for advancement
Telemetry Unit, RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2015
Just an all around good place to work. Compensation is competitive and benefits are good.They also have a good wound care center.
I enjoy working at a hospital and especially a community hospital.
RN Case Manager Telemetry Floor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
I like knowing the CEO, CFO and CNO on a personal basis. I have worked there over 6 years. We were recently bought by Tenet, one of the largest healthcare providers in the US. We lost that "small" feeling.
I enjoyed working with some of my best friends, laughing, eating lunch together.
I feel there is no place for me to grow at this facility anymore and I am ready for a new experience.
I need to be in a position where I have a lot of interaction with people and patients and feel I am making a difference.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
Helathcare
High level of trauma
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes performing CT scans on all level of population, including trauma level 1, out patients, in patients. I learned several advanced CT scan methods, including angiography, multi-phase studies, cardiac CT, advance procedures. The management is focused on the good of the hospital. The hardest part of this job is the level of trauma. The most enjoyable part of this job is patient satisfaction.
Metrics driven
National Director, Performance Excellence (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2015
Very silo and no true strategy that leads the overall organization culture/goals. Very metrics driven and often it really doesn't matter how you get it - just get it done.
Pros
Many areas to relocate within the company
Cons
Lots of poor management - with no idea on what the mission/vision
Changes
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 12, 2015
Appreciate all employees not just corporate positions that create task to be carried out by other employees. Dont make employees use PTO for holidays and bad weather that require office to be closed
Pros
salary was good and benefits were as well
Cons
Company fails to communicate policies and procedures in an effective way, but has high expectations that you meet them.