Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,195 reviews matching the search
Exceptional place to learn and improve.
Exercise Physiologist (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 14, 2016
Great place to learn and become part of a productive team in a fast paced healthcare environment. Learned to effectively work in a stressful environment.
Needs Overhaul at Corporate
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2016
Managers and leaders are exceptionally overpaid. They have no real interest in helping improve the company or building a positive culture. They play favorites. Time for a change at the top. The CEO did a good job turning the company around, but that time has long passed -- and it's time for new leadership at the top. Corporate HR is a mess, although there are some good people in the ranks. There is a new chief HR officer who we all hope will fix HR ands make it and make it smaller and efficient. The person in "charge" of culture has no clue what it means and needs to be moved into a different role, away from HR, or into a hospital. Horrible open work environment makes it difficult to get real work done, or have any privacy. It is undignified and colorless. Literally colorless.
Pros
Salaries are good, benefits are fairly good, time off good
Cons
Management stinks, open work environment is a travesty
Better Management needed
Telecommunication Attendant Lead (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJuly 26, 2016
Hardest part of the job was getting your co-workers to follow your lead. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Management wants you to succeed but they want you to do it on your own, very hard to get the backing and supported needed to succeed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Difficult staff
No complaints
Managed Care Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 25, 2016
Here at Tenet is were I got my start, and I appreciated that management recognized and promoted from within before looking outside the company.
Pros
Recognized ones need to advance
Cons
Company downsized
Horrible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 24, 2016
Not only were the bosses ride they lacked any communication anytime you mess up. Especially I. The housekeeping at Hi Desert Medical Center in Joshua tree,ca. The E.V.S people were not very good at communicating or keeping things professional some of the C.N.A are the same way When I get my R.N this is not a hospital I would want to work at let alone go when I am sick.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Horrible managment and communication
It is a productive place and nice to work as it is a teaching hospital.
Geriatric floor nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
Always on your feet from the beginning to the end of the day as we deal with geriatric patients with several comorbidities.

It taught me on how to deal with patients with severe multiple uncontrolled diseases, that require constant and critical monitoring. It was challenging as a new graduate, but a challenge I appreciated for shaping my nursing career.
Although the upper management were not close enough, my floor manager was a great manager who was always there for the staff whenever needed.

Co-workers were terrific and always helpful
The hardest part of the job on this floor is high rate of mortality due to several comorbidities related also to the age of the patients.

The most enjoyable part is to see how grateful these patients are for any little help one can render to them.
Pros
enjoyable co-workers, great floor manager and safety
Cons
Poor compensation in every meaning of the word.
Awesome work environment
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work. Great employee growth opportunities, management was great, and benefits were very comprehensive.
very flexible director and work environment. Great support from fellow therapists
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 17, 2016
Great working relationships with other therapists across PT, OT and speech. Worked really well with nursing and MD staff for overall patient care.
Pros
great director and coworkers
Health incentives and happy co-workers and mamagement
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  6245 N. Federal Highway, Ft Laud, FL 33308July 7, 2016
Stress Free and great work environment! with management mentality of "Do not work hard, Work smart". Incentives are given for being outstanding in collection efforts. Happy environment and fun place to work.

Glad to be a part of Tenet Healthcare work family.
Pros
Free lunches especially after completed projects.
Cons
Separate PTO time for general holidays.
Great Place to Learn
Staff RN (Cardiology/Geriatric/Medical-Surgical) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
Great Benefits that even included student loan repayment. Great nurses. Great place to learn. Many complex cases. Hard work and can get overwhelming at times.
Its a normal day at work until been pushed by the manager to finish faster and cut hours
Central supply (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2016
Overal its a nice place to work and good environment with very good benefits. Everyone is very friendly and nice to work up close with everyone.
Pros
Pto, 401k
Cons
Cut hours, wont work with school schedule
great place to work
Medicare Collector/Biller, (CBOIII) (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 26, 2016
enjoyable co-workers, very friendly place, I did learn a great deal there, and management was very helpful and listened to the employees on how to better ourselves as a company.
Pros
yearly trip to Disneyland that was a blast
Cons
short breaks, no cafeteria or anyplace within walking distance to eat
N/a
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Each person showed real care about being as correct as possible and if answer wasn't known direction was given to locate
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
please
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 6, 2016
I make great progress at work even on a bad day I am a people pleaser and problem solver, I am a medical receptionist, I can template, I can multitask, and I work at fast pace
overworked and stresful
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
Poor communication, poor training, heavy workload when working the floors, must batch patients to keep from getting behind,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor communication
Good Job to have
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2016
Very good job. Always room for advancement. Very busy work environment - management was okay - loved my co-workers - hardest part of job was the daily productivity.
Pros
incentives
Sold to Iasis Healthcare
Medical Chart/Billing Auditor (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Even during and after the transition to the new company there was a sense of team work and family shared with fellow coworkers regardless of what role a person played in providing services.
new company
Medicare Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
My Typical day at work consists of visiting healthcare providers for branding of company and establishing relationships with them as well as community outreach. Sales are a part of my goal for my position as well.
Open heart surgical nursing was a great experience
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLMay 18, 2016
Working as an open heart nurse was a great experience, however the hospital has since closed. It was a level II trauma center and gave great exposure to me as a fairly new nurse in a critical care setting. I wish they were still open for business, it was a busy heart center.
Atmosphere can be pleasant
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
It can be a pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is nice. Management is cool, favoritism can be shown depending on the department. It tends to be more about who you know whether than your actual performance.
Pros
location
Cons
no advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

75%