Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,262 reviews matching the search
Great atmosphere
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 9, 2017
I really enjoyed this clincal role with the surgery center. The role flexed with different assignments monthly which provided ongoing clinical education.
Pros
Staff
nice place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
Good place to work with great enthusiasm and excitement with a free hand and exploring new ideas for good outcome good management with great support in the work .
Teamwork Oriented Healthcare Facilities
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 4, 2017
All of the members of Tenet that I have encountered, both at Delray Medical Center and St. Mary's Medical Center, were well qualified and courteous. I enjoyed my time working for Tenet.
Pros
Nice and clean facilities
Cons
Short lunch breaks (30 min) within a 12 hour shift, poor staffing at times, in need of more providers
Don't go here
Check-In Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 4, 2017
Run, don't walk.....away from this place! No organization, very little training before throwing you in the job, condescending co-workers, insufficient staffing, management always "in meetings" or on the phone and unavailable, long wait times for patients due to overbooking, continuous complaints from patients.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, insufficient staffing, constant turnover
good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2017
As a QA consultant was involved in testing the web based application where Tenet's Commitment to Quality has improved the quality of medical care and patient safety at its hospitals and other businesses by evaluating processes and promoting best practices.
good
medical billing
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMarch 1, 2017
Medical biller and collector was awesome to obtain for the healthcare experiences that I have obtained to help our company do clean billing without delays for payment
Good position to utilize my strengths to further advance my hospitals
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 1, 2017
Great executive position to oversee multiple campuses for Tenet hospitals within Detroit Market. It was unfortunate that Tenet executive Leadership did not hold hospitals accountable for various metrics. In addition, more than $541 million was paid in government fines, which contributed to the overall net loss for 2016 at $192 million. This resulted in a mass reduction in force action for February 2017.
The workplace culture was very accepting and diversified. The most enjoyable part of the job was the professional collaboration among our groups.
One of the worst working experiences of my career
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIMarch 1, 2017
The software system is a DOS based operating system. Think Oregon Trail folks. It crashed regularly. The systems aren't intergrated either- so you go to many sites to verify benefits and to register patients. And there is no EMR.

Management was ineffective and training was abysmal and bare bones. If you're up for the challenge great but I hated every minute. Have worked at other health systems were innovation and new technologies were a priority. Not here.
Pros
Pay is comiserate with industry standards
Cons
Sub par management and operating systems
March 2, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend to our employees to open communication with their direct manager.

Excellent teaching atmosphere
Transplant Nurse Full-time (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2017
A very hands-on, teaching atmosphere. Much encouragement to gain knowledge and advance your skills. Management needs restructuring.
Pros
Above average pay and encouraged growth
Cons
Benefit packages could be improved upon.
March 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are committed to providing our colleagues with an enriching and rewarding environment, and we're thrilled to know of your experience. We also understand your concerns regarding management and benefits, and it is important to us that all of our employees feel that they can be heard at all times.

Longterm care matching caregivers with elderly home bound patients
Operating Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 11, 2017
Very rewarding job matching caregivers with elderly patients that required , bathing, preparing meals and simple companionship
Pros
Very small office and working with people that wanted to make a difference
Cons
Home Health care closed with no notice
Staffing
Register Nurse for the Acute Care and Spine Unit (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCFebruary 11, 2017
Staffing shortages seem to be a daily issue and puts added strain on the staff that is working. Colleagues are enjoyable to work with. Census is high most of the time with the aging population of the area. Staffing grids need to be changed as the nurse to patient ratio is too high on a daily basis. For a private hospital that is making money, higher pay should be afforded to the hard working staff that is making them that money.
A great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Supports team work with excellent staff. Excellent doctors. Diverse culture. Supportive management. The most enjoyable part of this job is having time to spend with your patients.
Pros
Breaks with coverage.
need more job advancements within the company
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job is to feel like its a second home for me, you grow to feel like a family. You learn a new job skill from co-workers.
Pros
learn something everyday
Cons
short breaks
A busy Environment
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2017
There is always a lot going on at SLU and sometimes I feel that is not very well organized. The floor is usually understaffed. I have learned a lot on the floor about how to deal with difficult patients.
Your a Number
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCJanuary 31, 2017
You can always be replaced! They do not care about patient health or customer service all they care about is money. They want the doctors to see any patient in 15 min no matter what the problem is....Really!
Benefits
Cons
everything
February 9, 2017

Along with our employees, our patients we serve are of utmost importance to us. Of course, however, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for good talent. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend our employees participate in open communication with their direct manager.

Get place to work , staff was awesome
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Tenet company is a good company to work for though their union it still has many good benefits, salary is compared to others they are higher and maintain a cost of living and raises when due , management for each department is different in surgical management needs much improvement. Staff works well together .
February 9, 2017

We may be biased but couldn't agree more. We are committed to providing our colleagues with an enriching and rewarding environment, and we're thrilled to know of your experience. Thank you for your review.

Arrowhead Hospital is a great workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Worked there for a little under a year as security

okay pay: But I was per-diem with 40 hrs/week and no benefits

Overall experience was very good, great co-workers and volunteer staff.

When I was initially hired I was told I would be bumped from per-diem to full time status as soon as possible. What I discovered was 3 other people were hired ahead of me 2 of which were given full time status with benefits when I was told they bump up from within first, such was not the case.
Pros
good team, great meal discount, lots of downtime and time spent outside
Cons
lots of downtime, very little happens, upper management always on you
Fun work as team layer
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Drawing blood, computers data entry, welcome patient I no longer working there going to patient room to draw blood been on time able to cover for one another
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break
Productive and good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Very culturally diverse workforce, very busy ER, normally working with high acuity patients in the ER. Management is nice. I learned to deal with trauma and high acuity patients.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Great Environment with good management the culture is very positive and very good place to work for. I have enjoyed working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.