Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,126 reviews matching the search
Maintained and managed patients and financial data in EMR
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkway Regional Medical Center, NMBOctober 2, 2015
Data entry of all admissions and discharges. Generated daily report for all departments. Worked on various reconciliation reports and communicated with managers and administration daily.

I've learned to manage, lead, team work, provide training, update policy and procedures for the EMR system, supervised 3 employees, ability to provide service in a courteous manner to staff, patients, physicians and managers; solve problems and issues in a tactful manner.

The hardest part of the job was to managed stress and pressure in a graceful way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to recognize the positive impact I made on people; the satisfaction that people respect my work ethic; and the passion I have to maintain data integrity.
Pros
The company recognized and rewarded employees for hard work
Cons
Working long hours, but it was all the effort.
Massive Culture
Director of Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Templeton, CAJune 3, 2015
Tenetheatlh recently purchased Vangaurd and is now a massive conglomerate. Coupled with Dell Services and you now have an extremely massive entity that is struggling to maintain control.
Pros
Excellent Benefits very diverse networking environment
Cons
Poor management oversight and support
Open heart surgical nursing was a great experience
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLMay 18, 2016
Working as an open heart nurse was a great experience, however the hospital has since closed. It was a level II trauma center and gave great exposure to me as a fairly new nurse in a critical care setting. I wish they were still open for business, it was a busy heart center.
Good job and lots of experience
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 26, 2015
I worked doing medical billing, collections, accts receivables, filing insurance claims, and many administrative duties. I learned a lot about HMO and PPO contracts, learned how to file claims, learned about Medicare/Medicaid filing procedures, handled collections, learned a lot of medical terminology, codes for services, and also how managed care contracts worked
Pros
worked alone, flexible hours if i needed to take care of things for my young children, pay was decent with benefits, locations were close to my home
Cons
salary could have been more for all the work i did, but did not have the experience when i started, the position was dissolved
Tenet Healthcare is a great company i worked.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working with people here. The management team was great. My co-workers are very nice and friendly who I am still keep in touch. I like when I can help others.
Pay is very low for someone with years of healthcare experience
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2016
Pay is very low compared to the national average Financial Representative pay. Employees are very friendly but you can tell they are not happy.
Pros
Lunch parties and free gym
Cons
Low pay and benefits are not up to standard for it to be hospital
Analyst
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Terrible place to work. Decent pay. Worst management imaginable. Not much else to say, not a very friendly place to work, at least in the corporate offices.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits when coming in, but you get shafted with promotions because someone from the outside will definitely get paid more.
Cons
Everything else!!!
Its a normal day at work until been pushed by the manager to finish faster and cut hours
Central supply (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2016
Overal its a nice place to work and good environment with very good benefits. Everyone is very friendly and nice to work up close with everyone.
Pros
Pto, 401k
Cons
Cut hours, wont work with school schedule
Patient Information Desk
Assist all patients in need of transportation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
Enjoyed working and assisting families/patients on directing to where to go. Being a problem solver internally. Great coworkers that are still friends. Enjoyed when the position extended to be patient information front desk. I am social and a people person.
very flexible director and work environment. Great support from fellow therapists
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 17, 2016
Great working relationships with other therapists across PT, OT and speech. Worked really well with nursing and MD staff for overall patient care.
Pros
great director and coworkers
Atmosphere can be pleasant
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
It can be a pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is nice. Management is cool, favoritism can be shown depending on the department. It tends to be more about who you know whether than your actual performance.
Pros
location
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Patient Access Represenative
Patient Access Represenative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 11, 2015
At FRMC I performed various tasks. Among them were order verifier, pre-register patients, register patients, verify insurance benefits, comply orders with Medicare, coded orders and procedures, fill in the front desk when needed, collect patient payments.
Computer programs used; RevRunner, Star, PAS, Compliance Checker, PBar, ViWeb, Easy ID, Passport, Cerner, Right Fax, OAR, Athena, all insurance websites including Medicaid.
I learned a great deal about getting multiple jobs done in a timely manor and having to be responsible for my actions. The hardest part of my day was if another person in my position was out of work for any reason, it was the responsibility of others to make sure all the work was done no matter what. This wasn't truly hard, it just made the day busier. I enjoyed coding the most. To me it was like putting a puzzle together each time. You had to be certain each piece fit just right.
Pros
learning new programs and coding.
Flexible workplace
Inpatient Pharmacy Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
I can recall this hospital offered employees excellent benefits. Management shared information and appreciated input.
Great place to work and learn
Assistant Nurse Manage, Critical Care (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 1, 2015
Its a great place to work.
Great opportunity to learn and grow. Its a great stepping stone to future development. The management team is supportive and the staff is great to work with. The hardest part of my job is adequate staffing.
Pros
opportunity for growth in education
Cons
No cafeteria at night, slow to advance within field
nursing clinical excellence, time management, pateint care, leader and educator
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  birmingham, alabamaOctober 11, 2015
In short, I am efficient, a master at time management and goal setting. I have leader capabilities, and believe a true leader uses the terms "we, us, lets do this" a leader does more than delegate. A leader inspires.
As a nurse leader and educator, I am at the patients bedside implementing life saving care, but at the same time I am training the leaders of tomorrow in nursing.
I believe the medical field in general is changing (for the good) and educating/empowering the patient.

I believe in a fun work area, because laughter is essential to life. Even in hard times a laugh or smile can be the difference between a bad or good day. I do everything in my power to lead the next generation to grasp this value.
Pros
empowering patients and families
Cons
little to no breaks
Great Hospital work setting.
Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 15, 2016
Clinical servicing and skills learned with cartesian education in action. Wonderful immediate supervisor and manager as well as peer technicians. Hardest part of the job was acquiring the floorplan of the facility. Most enjoyable peers with which to work.
Pros
Good cafeteria food.
Excellent company for interns
MHA Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
Being an intern at SLU Hospital has been one of the best experiences in healthcare I have had. I acted as a member of senior management and was treated as an equal employee. My projects were meaningful and contributed to the well being of the hospital
About Tenet
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
I enjoy all my co-workers. They are a pleasure to work with. Some of the doctors and NPs are amazing. The management is horrible. The float pool is horrible. The lack of communication is the worst.
benefits
Cons
the company
A sense of a family unit!!
TELECOMMUNICATION PBX SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2015
Most days were very busy, there is only one operator per shift. I learned how the communication core of a hospital works. This is considering in coming calls, out going calls. 411 and 911 for the entire hospital! My co workers made you feel at ease and were very helpful. The most rewarding part of his position, was watching how with time, the employees respected me and found themselves comfortable coming to me to help them out. Also having them tell me, I was a fair and understanding supervisor!
Pros
Schedule: my schedule was from 7am to 3pm.
Dont waste your time
Case Management-Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
This company has no benefits. The management is run poorly. Barely knows what is going on withing the company on a day to day basis until it is to late. Safety hazard for all of the field staff. Office staff is always treated poorly especially when your next on the list to being fired or forced to quit.
Pros
NONE
Cons
POOR SALARY, HORRIBLE WORKING CONDITIONS