Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,126 reviews matching the search
For profit company
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2016
Transition stage with company...Learning new methods of working which is productive. Have learned a lot in the medical field which adds to my knowledge in the behavioral health field.
Productive work environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 25, 2016
Great company with a huge learning opportunity for employees. It is a workplace where employees grow as professionals while providing the best service possible for patients and co-workers.
Love working for Tenet
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2016
Tenet is an excellent organization. When it comes to the employees this company goes a long way. You are a reflection of your work while working a Tenet a good company deserves great employees
NICU has closed.
Registered Nurse, NICU (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAApril 8, 2016
I worked at SFMC during the last few years that the NICU was open. The management was like a rotating door. I learned much from the nurses I worked with and am still very thankful for the experience I have gained from working there.
please
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 6, 2016
I make great progress at work even on a bad day I am a people pleaser and problem solver, I am a medical receptionist, I can template, I can multitask, and I work at fast pace
Daily workplace activity
Admissions Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
I come in set up my work area, because we share our workstations with other co-workers that work different shifts. As soon as I clock in if there is a patient to register, I will register the patient with there parent and send them on their way to their out patient visit or short procedure visit. What I learn about in my position is that the healthcare insurances change on a daily bases, and also how to educate parents and patients on their insurance, financial counseling,collecting co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance from patients that carry commercial medical insurances. My co-workers are one of the main reasons why I come to work, we work well together, as a team, and look after each other as a work family. Our management team sends out daily emails. I enjoy what I do, there is no hard part about the job in what I do on the daily bases. I been a Patient Access rep at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children for three years, I can do this job with my eyes closed, the only thing now is that I just need a bit more of a challenge in my work place. What I enjoy the most is coming to work to learn, teach or educate parents, patients, and fellow co-workers, also doing the best I can do to help my company reach their daily goals as well.
Pros
Im able to help people on educating them about their health insurance
Cons
There's no room for advancement
A good place to work
MEDICAL COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2015
I worked in a in/outbound call center taking calls from patients. I enjoyed helping patients resolve escalated matters. My coworker and I had minimum communication during work due to the high call volume. Management was always available when we were unable to resolve a issue. The hardest part of this job was not being able to leave my desk for a drink of water or to take a quick bathroom break. Overall it was a good place to work and I learned how to communicate with a variety of people with different personalities and from different backgrounds.
Pros
Busy Enviroment
Cons
limited time for breaks
Or rn
O.R. Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
Scrub Nurse or Circulating Nurse in large O.R..
First worked on Open Heart Team, did Bypasses, Valve replacements, & Transplants. 1 Surgery took up most your day which I enjoyed. Transplants were usually done at night when you were on call.
After that I did alot of Orthopedic Surgery.
large corporation, fierce competetion
Registered Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
By the time I left, after 25 years, we had gone to computerized documentation and our case load was 4 patient max. across both shifts. We each worked 3-12 hour shifts each week and every 3rd weekend. The patient population on our unit was Orthopaedic/Neurosciences/level 2 trauma. We had a few "frequent flyers" courtesy of the neurology service. My co-workers mostly kept to themselves, but I have maintained a few good friendships through the years. Management appeared cut-throat by the time I left, more difficult to work with than for. I learned to hone my skills and perfect what I'd learned. Most difficult part for me was the addition of telemetry to our case load.
Pros
tight case load, ability to self-schedule
Cons
weekend commitment
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLOctober 19, 2015
Fun working atmosphere. Decent amount of Politics, and alot about numbers . This is expected for a Hospital. Would have loved a long term furture if not for the employee cutbacks and hours . I did a variety of work projects . Worked along side very educated Leadership team . Learned alot .
Pros
Nice Atmosphere
Cons
Flex cut back of hours for selected employees.
Good place Environment
Radiology Secretary / Transporter (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 25, 2016
Its a good place to learn about the hospital life. Good work place, nice hours, management is good , helps whenever you need time off
Pros
Good hours good management
Cons
No benefits
Telemetry Unit, RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2015
Just an all around good place to work. Compensation is competitive and benefits are good.They also have a good wound care center.
Changes
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 12, 2015
Appreciate all employees not just corporate positions that create task to be carried out by other employees. Dont make employees use PTO for holidays and bad weather that require office to be closed
Pros
salary was good and benefits were as well
Cons
Company fails to communicate policies and procedures in an effective way, but has high expectations that you meet them.
It is a good place to work.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2016
I enjoy taking people I am a giver, so I believe in giving my all to providing the best care that I know how. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping someone to go home better than they came.
Pros
being a part of a team of co-workers who seem to care
Cons
Not feeling challenged
Metrics driven
National Director, Performance Excellence (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2015
Very silo and no true strategy that leads the overall organization culture/goals. Very metrics driven and often it really doesn't matter how you get it - just get it done.
Pros
Many areas to relocate within the company
Cons
Lots of poor management - with no idea on what the mission/vision
A Job
cardiovascular technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 18, 2015
I overall loved my job, supervisor, co-workers, doctors, etc. I worked as an echo tech, EKG tech, and TEE tech. Had no issues with hours or benefits. Cared about patients and staff. It was like a family not a job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lunch breaks
Remote Employee
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 9, 2015
Supportive leaders committed to ensuring employee engagement. Tenet recognizes the value of empowering it's team members and values input from all. Benefits are good; salary is good. The hardest part of the job is being a remote employee.
Awesome work environment
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work. Great employee growth opportunities, management was great, and benefits were very comprehensive.
A very productive and enjoyable place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 11, 2015
Responsible for all Insurance verifications, answer phones, schedule appointments, file medical correspondence, scan medical charts, obtain authorizations for surgeries, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. In charge of entering all clinical and hospital charges. Responsible for daily deposit and maintaining and balancing the petty cash fund. Responsible for appeals/denials of all claims for carriers that included Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances. Responsible for training new employees. I enjoy working with my co-workers and the Dr. What I enjoy the most is working with all the patients.
Caring and Compassionate Cooperation
MHA (Current Employee) –  Homewood AlabamaAugust 19, 2015
i enjoy going in to work knowing I am going to make someones day a little brighter. I enjoy my unit and my coworkers are great. We strive to make a difference. The management is understanding and they walk through to make sure we don't need anything and always ready to lend a helping hand. I guess the hardest part of the job is the parking lot!! Seem like miles away. But can't complain to much because employee parking is free!
Pros
Discount lunch, Free employee parking
Cons
Need longer breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.