Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,260 reviews matching the search
Competitive pay, but home office has little growth for non-clinical roles
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
I work with the most talented people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. People are very nice and welcoming. Those two reasons are significant in my reasons for staying with the company. Unfortunately, there is little investment in employees that have non-clinical roles. Currently, there is no tuition reimbursement benefit or technical education beyond MS Office. There is no training for lower or midlevel managers to be better leaders. I believe there are some great people that if given the assistance to receive an MBA would be amazing assets to the company. With all that said, change is in the air to address this problem. There is a lot of uncertainty with the healthcare industry, but I am very optimistic that Tenet will adapt and continue to be a leader.
Pros
Company pays for DART Pass or downtown parking. Above average healthcare benefits
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, No career paths, no investment in non-clinical role education, no mid-level or lower level manager leadership training
RN Supervisor Managed Care
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Supervised Hospital Case Management professional staff and clerical support personnel in efforts to obtain patient hospital stay reimbursement from insurance providers. Also attended routine multi-task team meetings held by the Chief Financial Officer and provided support to the Assistant Director and Director of Case Management as needed. Enjoyed most elements of the position due to the challenge of ensuring tasks were completed on time by all staff employees.
Awesome
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work. Competitive pay. You gets lots of over time. Great team spirit. Would recommend working for this company.
Huge Organization with amazing people
local facility (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2017
Tenet is a great place to work. The organization is always changing with adding and selling hospitals. Everyone at each facility is wonderful to work with and incredible people.
Good place to work and very challenging at times.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
This was my introduction to working as a RN full-time in a hospital setting. I found it to be very challenging at times but it forced me to grow as a person and find ways to improve my own performance and the overall satisfaction of my patients while learning to work better with my co-workers. Very diverse group of workers that came together when work was difficult. The people that I worked with were amazing and made it work working there every day.
Professional
HR Representative/Park Plaza Hospital (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Benefits are good. Many locations through the US. Tuition reimbursement. Professional environment. Friendly staff.
Productive, fast paced floor, enjoyable co-workers
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 30, 2016
Productive, fast paced floor, enjoyable co-workers, clean working environment, placing orders in system could be made more user friendly along with Initial Admissions Assessment.
I learned alot about OT/PT/ST, Frye is a great hospital would recommend it to anyone.
Ins Medical Records Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 28, 2016
Enjoyable part of my job was in the PT dept seeing patients walk again. A day a work was always busy, lots multi-tasking. The hospital keeps expanding which is great for our area.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
to many management changes
Great group of people to work with!
Surgical Tech. Extern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 27, 2016
Loved working with everyone!! Very comfortable setting. Stress levels can reach high points but it's reasonable stress for the type of job your doing. Would definitely love to return to the field.
co workers were ok
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2016
Typical hospital environment, no support from upper mgmt. and co-workers who only report negative things to mgmt. and do not help each other.
Definitely a lot of action here
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2016
Fast paced environment. Great atmosphere of all for one and one for all. This hospital works together. Everyone here chips in to help out. There is a lot of opportunity here
Very unorganized
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2016
Great company to work for but there wasn't a mangement foundation. There was no room for advancement. There was too much in office drama and that took away from employees getting the job done. Supervisors were undertrained, I even had to train my supervisor and after I trained her I was laid off.
Cons
Discouraging, no kind of coaching to do better
Experience
Medicare A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 13, 2016
Tenet was a great company to work for. They had great benefits and kept the morale up at all times. One thing that I love about Tenet is that they give bonuses for your hard work.
Co-workers were great! Micro managed to death
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 11, 2016
Worked in the therapy dept. Not sure how many managers I had but they loved to tell you how to do your job. Lots of drama and gossiping. Clinical staff always stressed about productivity. Told by DOR to chart off the clock. Tripple booking of patients makes it impossible to give good patient care.
Cons
Negative environment, pay
For Profit
Operating Room & Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2016
This was the first for-profit hospital I have worked at. It was okay but just a different culture than what not for-profit employees are used to. Things just work a little differently.
The Patients Are Great, Too much Drama in the Hospital
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 6, 2016
The patients are great. No complaints on the Director and Management in my unit, but the hospital administration has no system in place in the departments and no order. Too much drama going on. The hours are inconsistent and the placements are unstable. A lot of false promises and favoritism. No one is compensated according to education and experience. It's cheap labor through out the hospital.
Pros
the patients
Cons
the hospital staff
Great staff, not so great benifits
Mental Health Technician II / C.N.A (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 4, 2016
The staff are great to work with the benefits however, were cut down to bare minimum. The benefits ten years ago and now are totally different.
Pros
Payed days off
Cons
Cut medical benefits, cut schooling benefits
first job
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, MADecember 3, 2016
A very good first job. Clean place. Friendly staff. Not enough staff. Not enough training but was nice to work with people my own age at the time
Pros
nice clean environment
Cons
no room to advance short staffed
Very informative and reliable, learned different software that is very useful.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  9960 Central Park Blvd, North suite 400December 1, 2016
Co workers are very helpful and very friendly, on the first day staff that I worked with were very patient with me. Software was confusing, but instructor was very helpful.
Amc
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
The work environment is going through many changes at this current time. With all the changes I would not recommend starting here until they work through some of their issus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval