Tennant Company

Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Overall Great Company
Rotoational mold operator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, great pay, good benfits
Cons: Lack of managment experience (in RotoMold Deartment)
The company is great to work for. They just started this whole rotomold machine and there is little to know experience from management and they expect everyone the hire to not only work the machine but teach them about it as well. Then each shift has guys who think they know it all and instead of working together they choose to try and make the other shifts look bad.
very productive
Field Technician (Former Employee), MIN> MN>July 10, 2015
Pros: learned a lot and was on the move.
Cons: NA
At TENNANT I was a repair tech and traveled through out the area repairing battery/electric powered floor scrubing and cleaning equipment.
Difficult Culture
Sr. Global Product Category Manager (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Strong financials with steady growth, Strong CEO leadership, Strong compensation at the Senior level and above
Cons: Little employee training, Cut throat environment "Toxic", Sales driven, Low risk taking, Some Directors are very focused on their own career and whatever it takes to advance
Tennant has a strong, proven history of financial performance. I found Tennant to be difficult to work at from culture to training to employee integrity.
Field Service like having your own business.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAMay 18, 2015
A typical day in the Tennant Service Rep's life is a fast paced fluid situation. Some days you go by your planned activities, some are break downs and travel.
Daily IT L2 Support
JCL Analyst / Infrastructure Support (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: My job was a long time career and it offered plenty of learning opportunities
Cons: Not enough people
My typical day at work could vary, but the main emphasis was on production batch scheduling implementation/support/auditing and handling desktop support incident management.

Another portion of the – more... day was on-boarding and off-boarding security for Windows Active Directory.

I learned how to properly manage requests and provide permanent solutions.

My co-workers were excellent! We worked as a team with each of us having a specialty or two.

The hardest part of the job was squeezing in all the work demands in allotted time-frames. My group has been doing more with less for quite some time. The best parts of the job was creating and fostering good customer support and resolving issues. – less
Nice place to work
SAP Architect (Current Employee), minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Rash decisions in firing employees
Nice place to work, Good work environment.

Good Management, Work life balance.

All the employees are good.

Lot of weekend work,

Challangeing
If you are looking for advancement stay away from this company
Former employee (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Too many to list here
Corporate treats Louisville facility as their "red headed step child". Management changes every 2 years, cannot keep them because of corporate leadership is incompetent.
Tennant Company
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Extremely flexible scheduling when I was going to school.
Great co-workers.
Toxic atmosphere.
Superiors we're extremely helpful and always had the time to listen.
This was a temporary job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Golden ValleyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: data entry wrok is fun.
Cons: long drive
I keyed in contracts and changes as needed. This was a temporary job. It was a long drive for me. Enjoyed doing the data entry.
Productive Large Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 2, 2014
Good company, not to much room for advancement.
Great benefits.
The work itself is not bad, management is.
CNC Machine operator (Current Employee), louisville KYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: poor management, no advancement.
Brush facility is the most mismanaged place I've ever worked. We are currently on our fifth manager, and the worst by far. No organization, place in complete disarray. There is no chance of advancement. The pay and benefits are about the only good thing here. If a dead end job is what you want, here it is.
A Good Place To Work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJuly 31, 2014
Tennant Company is a good place to work, however, there seems to be clashes of cultures yet to be worked on and found for any future international or global success in expansion of it's company.
Fast paced environment with a wide variety of challenges.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 13, 2014
Product development is one part risk management, one part technical problem solving, and one part influence.
chanllenging, fun, exciting and rewarding
West Coast Region Service Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaJune 5, 2014
Pros: variety of customer base and working in the field.
Cons: backordered parts holding up jobs.
A typical day could consist of, working with a field tech on a technical problem. Or, it could be working with a rep on a customer issue and trying to find a solution. A typical day could include spending – more... the day in the field traveling with the field rep advising and coaching him for improvement. A typical day could also include reviewing reports and speaking to the reps doing well and those needing some encouragement to improve.

Working at Tennant in the service operations enabled me to learn and be exposed to various operations of the business. From hiring, firing, managing budgets, managing personnel, working with sales and other groups in our organization. Developing programs for taking care of customers and special needs customers. Developing maintenance programs tailored to the customers needs as well.

Management tended to leave me along as I had my marching orders and knew what had to be done and did it.

The hardest part of the job was turning off the switch. Working from my home office was good and bad. The bad was turning off the switch.

The most enjoyable was working with my team. A great group of guys. It was also great to win a customer over that was unhappy about a situation. – less
Fast paced, growth orientated company
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2014
Tennant Company was a great place for me to work for 21 years.

I was able to grow professionally during my time there through expanding my management responsibilities.
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: horrible management
The guys you work with all great guys the management on the other aren't. They are the most shady people you will ever work for. No training no nothing. This job is a complete waste of time
Great environment and people working there
Accountant/Sales Incentive Specialist (Former Employee), Holland, MIApril 14, 2014
As with Nilfisk-Advance, my duties were much the same and there were various reporting deadlines. Co-workers were nice and so was mgmt. Hardest part was losing my job due to restructuring. I enjoyed the various duties and flexibility they gave me throughout my 8 years there.
productive and fun place to work with great people
Engineering Test Assistant (Contract employee) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Everyone I have met here is amazing even most of the VP's, the workforce is very friendly as well. They make me want to have a full time position here. I have had several great bosses here who kept me motivated to work.
Clean work place
Manufacturing Engineer/ Quality Controller (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: short handed
Excellent co workers and environment. Fast pace manufacturing plant.
No loyalty,lot of back stabbing and management spineless number cruncher s.
Field Service Technician- Richmond (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: no advancement and no support from managers.
I worked for this company for 10 years and at first it was a great place to work. It was all about customer service, team work, and promoting a good product; then it went corporate. It all became about – more... the numbers, hitting that plan, doing whatever it takes ethical or not. There is no such thing as team work there now, it's tech verses tech. There is no place to advance to out of a service vehicle because supervisor position are limited to manager buddies.If you want to advance here you must own golf clubs and knee pads,which I have neither. They like young aggressive techs. Nobody ever retires here- once you cannot hit your numbers and you get close to 50, they push you out. – less
Headquarters