Tennant Truck Lines Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Local management made learning a pleasure.
ASSISTANT YARD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 8, 2015
I worked an average of fifty hours weekly. These hours included opening terminal offices, greeting all visitors/drivers, dispatching local drivers, and processing all necessary paperwork associated with all orders.

I also learned to load agriculture equipment on tractor trailers in cooperation with local and over the road truck drivers.

I was backup for the terminal manager in preparing payroll, entering orders, and dispatching over the road drivers when necessary.

Other duties included - maintaining OSHA regulations within the terminal and shop area, inventory, and fire safety regulations.

I enjoyed all areas of my job. We had a good team which made all our jobs easier!
Pros
Good feedback from local management.
Cons
Short breaks and mostly no lunches.
Tennant Truck Lines: A great place to work and grow!
Baltimore Ops Manger (Current Employee) –  Colona, ILJuly 14, 2015
A general day for me at Tennant starts at 7am CST, and involves working directly with tractor-trailer drivers, helping them maintain 100% on-time pick-up and delivery schedules for our customers, and maintaining a safe working environment for Tennant drivers, and the public in general. Being a driver manager at Tennant requires focus, and any applicant must be good at multi-tasking. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my fellow co-workers, and also working directly with drivers and customers.
Pros
Day Job-1st Shift-Steady Hours, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, and Paid Vacation
Cons
Difficult to take a lunch, generally very busy all day, everyday.
Great people to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colona, ILFebruary 1, 2014
I have enjoyed my job with Tennant Truck Lines, I would stay there indefinitely if they had local work. My family is suffering due to the fact that I am not around. My wife lost her mother recently, my youngest daughter is not used to me being gone and since I have been on the road the past two years she has been experiencing severe depression and anxiety. I feel that the well being of my family needs to come first. I am good at what I do and take my job very seriously. I am very hard working and dependable.
Pros
get regular home time every two weeks
Cons
miss my family
Family owned and hard working company to keep their trucks going.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orion,ILFebruary 11, 2012
Tennant Truck Lines was a fun and well maintained small family owned trucking company in Orion, IL. The people and drivers I worked with were outstanding. No one had any complaints that we as mechanics could no resolve before there issue had to leave the shop floor and go to the big wigs.
Great company to work for.
Over the Road Truck Driver/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILJune 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tennant Truck Lines. They are a great company to work for. Everybody works well together. All the management is wonderful.
liked working for tennant truck lines
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILSeptember 24, 2015
company sold out to another trucking company and the combined both maintenance directors and was let go. led the maintenance dept for 3 years
driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILJune 12, 2014
I hauled over side loads such as farm equipment. I hauled the equipment all over the United States.