Tennant Truck Lines Employee Reviews

Work was ok.
Open Deck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colona, IL 61241November 3, 2017
I was told I would be a local P$D driver. But that never came about and was stuck doing flat bed work that I did not like. I was lied to, to get me hired on.
Does not pay their invoices!
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILApril 11, 2017
This cannot be a workplace that is going to last co sidering we at Go Freight hauled a load for them back in January and never was paid. $2650 our small company is owed and it is now 92 days past due.
Pros
Cons
Does not pay!
Don't waste your time in coming!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILMarch 2, 2017
There is no one that actually knows anything! I've asked simple and couldn't get that answered! Figured that out myself! They said they, would pay, one thing and, reduced it by the time of was done! Said this, isn't adding up! And the reply more than once was, what's not adding up so I can look it up!?? I said the, money, permile! Said it's like, a lease where, You're paying to, drive!?? Problem is that I'm supposed to be a company driver!?? And, there, are about ten lawsuits waiting to happen! All, serious and from what's in the main part, of the building! Although you might need, a, job!? Don't come here, especially if you're from the south! Because they, don't understand anything I say! Only up here, I have that, problem! And they, really don't care, about gettin you're truck parked, back where you took it! I asked for help with getting the fuel card, open and what was there a night had, no idea of what, are, anything to, do!
SO DON'T COME HERE, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO!
Pros
Stay, in a very nice hotel, free lunch, and, fairly good equipment
Cons
Once you start to, notice how they act, and hope they, pay, you right
not a good work environment
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILDecember 26, 2016
no good reviews to give. paychecks were always short. nagging phone calls all the time even during your 10 hour break. alot of micromanaging.
"Omni Specialized"
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILNovember 29, 2016
Stressful and unorganized this is not a quality place to work for and the company doesn't value any employee that isn't sitting in a truck all day. terrible people
new company with big ideals
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Ten hour day on salary.good people to work with. work load is heavy .it is small company with growth and better management. . Nice building and good location
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
management
stressful workplace
former driver (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Poorest excuse of professional people I've ever had misfortune to ever work for.
Saftey Director doesn't have a clue how to be anything better than a greeter at Walmart. And permit department sends you on routes that will amaze you on how bad they can be. Because company refuse to pay a dime for required escorts on routes that should be taken. Equipment isn't ordered to proper specifications needed. Because it might cost little more.
Pros
? it's a job
Cons
stressful workplace, trucks are any good
Local management made learning a pleasure.
ASSISTANT YARD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 8, 2015
I worked an average of fifty hours weekly. These hours included opening terminal offices, greeting all visitors/drivers, dispatching local drivers, and processing all necessary paperwork associated with all orders.

I also learned to load agriculture equipment on tractor trailers in cooperation with local and over the road truck drivers.

I was backup for the terminal manager in preparing payroll, entering orders, and dispatching over the road drivers when necessary.

Other duties included - maintaining OSHA regulations within the terminal and shop area, inventory, and fire safety regulations.

I enjoyed all areas of my job. We had a good team which made all our jobs easier!
Pros
Good feedback from local management.
Cons
Short breaks and mostly no lunches.
liked working for tennant truck lines
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILSeptember 24, 2015
company sold out to another trucking company and the combined both maintenance directors and was let go. led the maintenance dept for 3 years
Tennant Truck Lines: A great place to work and grow!
Baltimore Ops Manger (Current Employee) –  Colona, ILJuly 14, 2015
A general day for me at Tennant starts at 7am CST, and involves working directly with tractor-trailer drivers, helping them maintain 100% on-time pick-up and delivery schedules for our customers, and maintaining a safe working environment for Tennant drivers, and the public in general. Being a driver manager at Tennant requires focus, and any applicant must be good at multi-tasking. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my fellow co-workers, and also working directly with drivers and customers.
Pros
Day Job-1st Shift-Steady Hours, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, and Paid Vacation
Cons
Difficult to take a lunch, generally very busy all day, everyday.
Great company to work for.
Over the Road Truck Driver/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILJune 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tennant Truck Lines. They are a great company to work for. Everybody works well together. All the management is wonderful.
driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILJune 12, 2014
I hauled over side loads such as farm equipment. I hauled the equipment all over the United States.
Great people to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colona, ILFebruary 1, 2014
I have enjoyed my job with Tennant Truck Lines, I would stay there indefinitely if they had local work. My family is suffering due to the fact that I am not around. My wife lost her mother recently, my youngest daughter is not used to me being gone and since I have been on the road the past two years she has been experiencing severe depression and anxiety. I feel that the well being of my family needs to come first. I am good at what I do and take my job very seriously. I am very hard working and dependable.
Pros
Get regular home time every two weeks
Cons
Miss my family
Family owned and hard working company to keep their trucks going.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orion,ILFebruary 11, 2012
Tennant Truck Lines was a fun and well maintained small family owned trucking company in Orion, IL. The people and drivers I worked with were outstanding. No one had any complaints that we as mechanics could no resolve before there issue had to leave the shop floor and go to the big wigs.