Tennessee Oncology Employee Reviews

Love this place
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2017
Everyone there is so caring and loving. LOVE to work here. No matter how bad your day is they will always uplift you and make you have a million times better day.
Overall a good company. Employees are treated farely well, however some of the management is not consistent.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at the office consisted of: rooming patients, taking vitals, giving injections, doing blood draws, updating medical records, pa's, fmla and disability paperwork.
I have learned a vast knowledge of hematology and oncology.
The management was inconsistent.
Co-workers were fine, usual office environment.
The hardest part of my job was losing a patient to their cancer diagnosis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Pros
Free lunches, great teaching doctors
Cons
Inconsistent management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
The company cares greatly about its patients which makes it a very respectable company to work for. I enjoy my job and duties I just prefer a lab setting.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 16, 2016
Office manager is a wonderful person. Good to work for. They probably need to work with employees on how to approach other employees when they have issues.
Pros
Occasional free lunches brought in.
Cons
Fast paced work for so many Oncology patients.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 11, 2016
Work one on one with cancer patients. Non stop moving and activity. Hardest part is loosing patients. Most enjoyable is meeting new people that become like family.
Its a good company
Insurance Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2016
i have learned a lot and its a fast pace environment , theres no hard part .. you learned everyday . I love the pts they are great ppl and the Drs too
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dentis plan isurance not that good
awesome company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 22, 2016
A typical day at work is busy which makes the day go by faster.
I have learned so much here and I am still learning every single day. Management here is awesome. They are so nice and understanding the policy for occurrences are not that great with people that have small children. Co workers are always nice. The hardest part of the job for me is not knowing how to do something. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take care of patients and being a good work environment.
Everyday is a new adventure
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
The work day is usually busy. We see close to 100+ patients a day. We work with many different cancer types along with anemia and blood disorder patients.
Building relationships with my patients are the best. I feel that one on one time is the most important. The hardest part of my job is getting close to people and watching them suffer with cancer and some dying.
I feel management could be a little better but over all its good. My co-workers and I pull together and we are a big family to get the job done.
Pros
free lunch, company gives yearly raises, Christmas bonus
Cons
insurance benefits, pay
Management is horrible
Drug Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2016
Drug Authorization Coordinator
The management in this department is horrible. The Human resources department condones it. The manager was complained on numerous times before they done anything about it and then they just made her step down from her position to be one of the team. This done nothing for the overall morale of the department, if you don't like working with a person because they are completely unprofessional then why would you want to work with them at all! I feel that Tennessee Oncology is a wonderful cancer care facility but they really need to work on their compassion for their employees. If you want a productive environment it starts with your managers, supervisors and leaders.
Pros
Compassionte about their patients
Cons
Uncompassionate for their employees
Patient Advocate Leader program
Patient Advocate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2015
reviewed and authorized 3 clinics for chemotherapy, piloted patient advocate program for future financial services within the company to benefit, patients and company reimbursement, wonderful place to work for, strong support leaders, processed all request for chemo drugs through NDA, FDA, and CMS guidelines.
Very busy, volume grew very fast
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 18, 2015
I screened new oncology patients for assistance with their out of pocket expenses related to their chemotherapy drugs.
Pros
Lunch often provided by drug reps
Cons
Turn over was high, management was not fair
Fun place to work, great staff
Staff Nurse then Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 13, 2015
The doctors and staff nurses were great to work with. The patients were the best. It was a team effort to complete the daily clinic, mix and administer chemotherapy, then call patients back as part of triage. I really enjoyed working there, but the pay did not match the responsibility. I learned a great deal from the doctors and nurse practictioners.
n/a
Clinical Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2015
working at tn oncology is a wonderful thing and we are all there for one thing and that is patient care, management is wonderful
good place to work overall
Radiation Oncology registrar/charge entry (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2015
Responsible for authorizations and referrals for my assigned clinics. Posted charges daily for numerous clinics. Communicated with assigned clinics to resolve any outstanding charges or issues. The workload was quite heavy but I enjoyed having a variety of job duties to break up the day to day routine.
Felt i worked on an assembly line
Ma (Former Employee) –  murfreesboro tn 37130June 15, 2015
They have the worst office manager.I was victim to her.She questioned my integrity. I questions hers?If you read reviews the truth always wins in the end.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Office manager
Productive, Relaxed Business Office
Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 28, 2015
Overall, I believe this is a great company. Their values & mission are an attraction to many. They also prefer to promote from within the company & there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
No micro-managament, work independently
Cons
Occurence Policy, Location
productive
Registered Nurse (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 18, 2015
Good company to work for, Patients are a priority. Nursing teamwork is awesome. Most doctors are approachable. Great supportive staff as well
Do not work here
Drug Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2015
The manager here is unprofessional and obviously uneducated by the way she conducts business and communicates in writing, speaking and verbally. She lacks knowledge of basic management skills. Human Resources and upper management condone unprofessional behavior and promote manipulation among the employees.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management
No advancement
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2014
This company used to be great now not so much! You can't advance within the company at all unless you are an RN or have a master's degree. It is basically a buddy system. Lot of favoritism from doctors and upper management. There is no balance between work and personal life. You are expected to do a lot more than is in your job description for awful pay. The insurance and benefits aren't good for a large company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful managers, favoritism
Overall great place/great people.
Patient Services Representative/Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2014
I provide total medical office support daily. Patient and customer care need 110% always. I strive to exceed requirements consistently and without exception. Teamwork and management support are essential in order to run any origanization. The hardest part of my job currently is witnessing the decline of Pts due to disease progression.
Pros
Free daily lunches, Healthcare and 401k package, vacation/personal/sick time off if needed.
Cons
Drive is extensive, looking for closer to home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Oncology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval