Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance Employee Reviews

Always stayed on task
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
People that had there time in for over 30 years plus they didn't want to pay them retirement so they ended there job. Overall I liked my job and what I done helping other patients.
Pros
stayed on tasks.
Working for one of the largest ortho groups in the Nation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
To review this company would be to review the CEO, who grew this company from 3 locations to 21 and it is still growing. This is a very professional group. The surgeons and the employees care deeply about their patients and their reputation for helping patients.
Pros
Professional and efficient
Cons
after hours work is expected
Family Oriented and productive work place.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2017
This company is set up as a family-like environment. Employers are there with an open door at all times. I learned a lot from Operator, appointment scheduling, and to insurance verifying. There is room to advance.
TOA in not what it used to be.
float (Former Employee) –  north officesMay 26, 2017
Worked here 6 years and the changes have not been positive. Becoming way to corporate and no longer cares about employees. Patient care should be first but you are so busy that you cant provide the time with patient needed. You will find some of the best Drs. to work with and a lot of great employees.
The job description doesn't match the position and you will be doing so much more and most of the time not appreciated. A lot of people are rewarded for bad behavior because of the friendship with management. Great place to learn new things if you never want to make much more money.
Pros
great co- workers, great Drs.
Cons
to corporate now, raises are not all or few cents
Friendly and Professional Enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NashvilleMay 23, 2017
Checked and verified insurance benefits. Explained benefits to patients and collected payments at time of service. Organized charts for the following day. Assisted in any help or care of the patient.
TOA has a laid back enviroment that was a pleasure to work in.
PT Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work involved interacting and helping therapists to make sure each patient's therapy visit was as beneficial and efficient as possible. Working with several knowledgeable therapists helped me to further my learning and to prepare me for pt school. Having these therapists as an aid, has helped me see these practices first hand, and to be able to ask them the reasoning behind it. The culture here was laid back which created a great environment to further my knowledge base. The hardest part of the job would probably be managing multitasking. The most enjoyable part of the job would be all the interesting people I had the opportunity to meet and get to work with. This job has been a great opportunity to further my transition into pt school, and to starting my career as a pt in the future.
Pros
long lunch, pto, learning experience, fun enviroment
Pay was great if you wanted to work for the cast of mean girls.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 14, 2017
So much drama!!!! These ladies are pros at it too. It's sad that patient care is not the priority, but gossip, pranks, and other catty behavior is #1. The managers are in on all of the childish behavior and in come cases are behind it. Most of the doctors are wonderful people and exceptional providers.

If they could encourage working relationships instead of (unprofessional) friendships first, that would lead to some excellent team work. Also treat your floats better. I promise with how scattered protocols are for each provider they are killing themselves to get it done right. Longer training would be beneficial as well.
Pros
Benefits are O.K. Salary is excellent
Cons
No breaks, being the float is basically being the catch-all, condescending managers, no teamwork.
Great Company
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2017
Great company to work for. Really takes care of employees. The best part of the job is being able to help patients and meeting many new people everyday.
Productive and fun workplace.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 21, 2017
Incredible people to work with, very nice and take their sweet time to help you achieve your goals. Very busy all the time and patients love the area. Different things to learn from and the Doctors are always very welcoming and a big smile!
Pros
Healthcare, lunch breaks, parking space.
Cons
you get lost because its a big building
Great atmosphere to learn new processes within the company
NA (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
TOA is a great place for learning things within the organization. There is a willingness to share information for improving your skills. The physicians are great to work for
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
poor management and no training
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2017
The problem with TOA starts the day you get hired and gets worse from there. Once hired you received very little training. You learn to sink or swim and hope you don't mess up. Think hard before working here. TOA is stressful from day one.
Hostile workplace
business office staff (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 11, 2017
I worked at TOA for a grand 3 months. It is horrible. It is very stressful, poorly staffed and it is a hostile work place. I was yelled at, belittled and felt uncomfortable the entire time. They need to overhaul their management, access what they need to run a successful practice.
Pros
Benefits after 30 day
Cons
No breaks, stress. Poor pay
Nice place to work.
RMA (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I have made some really great friends here. Managers do need training. Very busy and well know Orthopaedic practice in Nashville.
Cons
Mangement
This place is the definition of: toxic.
Administrative Positions (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2016
Nothing you do will ever be good enough; they only notice when you make a mistake. It's the TOA way. They like to do this thing where when a employee quits, they put that employee's responsibility on another person, instead of hiring someone to replace that employee; so it is not uncommon to have one employee doing the job of 3 people. You will be afraid to ask a question for fear of getting yelled at, and when you have no choice but to ask a question, you will be made to seem like an incompetent inconvenience. With all the administrative positions, Collections is a huge part of the job; with high goals to meet. Not all management is aggressive, but there are several of them who do focus on gossip & avoiding actually working themselves. There is always a lot of tension & competition. Basically, this job will make you age and dread getting up in the morning to go to work. The turnover rate here is very high. And raises? Ha! The people who do stick around do so only because they have to have a job. You will never move up from your position either; they can't keep people and are desperate to keep people in certain positions, so if you are lucky enough to fall in any of those positions...you're never going anywhere. This seems like a lot and maybe you want to still see it for yourself, that's fine, but you have been warned. If you do take a job here, "May the odds be ever in your favor."
Pros
Benefits, Christmas bonuses, paid holidays.
Cons
High stress, aggressive management, no raises, no room to grow/move up, all about who you know.
Horrible work environment
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2016
They treated their patients very well. However, if you weren't part of the "group" and gossiped with the other nurses, they didn't talk to you. Even some of the nurses talked bad about the patients. Always complaining about working late, stinky feet, etc. guess what?? Welcome to nursing! They give all the new nurses attitudes when they need help or have a question, and even the office manager talked about employees to other employees! Very unprofessional, lack of respect for others. Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time at this place!
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Unprofessional
Hand therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoy working here.....great working relationships with doctors and therapists. Staff and management are wonderful! Nice incentive/bonus plan
Horrible Place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 19, 2016
Yes it is face paced, however, it is an awful place to work! The stress is not worth the pay + the management does nothing to help the employees. You can never find them and they are usually in the office chatting with others. Manager of front desk will gossip about employees to OTHER employees.

Do not work here- turn over rate is ridiculous.
Fast-pased/stressful
Front Desk Check-in/Check-Out (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 20, 2016
I believe the review summary says it all. I love my co-workers, but it very stressful for everybody but there is a large turnover.
It is a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 6, 2015
It is a great place to work but I am looking to advance my career. The employees are friendly and great. The managers are pretty good. I enjoy working there. The benefits are pretty good.
liked my co workers
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the people i worked with in the appointment departments. Some of the doctors were not so friendly, and rather rude.